PDA

View Full Version : Redemption cards, Do you like them?? Horror stories...

Avagirl
03-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I was cleaning out my desk drawer and found a Delivery confirmation card from a "Genuine Insider" Vince Carter auto card that I sent away for over 2 years ago. I think it's a bit late!! Anyway, has anyone ever had this happen, and complained and gotten a card out of it. I Also bough a box awhile ago from a cheap company, but it said on the box that there were 2 game used in everybox. Of course there were none. They actually sent cards to me right away.
But do you think I could still write to Fleer( i think insider is fleer) and show them my confirmation receipt that one of their employees signed, and let them know I never got my auto card?? I have a feeling they may tell me to go pound sand. God I hate redemption cards. Even if they sent me a card it probably won't be a Carter auto, not that I collect him, but I could sell or trade it!!

Anyone have bad luck w/redemptions??

golfermatt91
03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
that would really stink i think you should contact them.

adadas101
03-30-2005, 10:29 PM
contact them via email, I recently contacted fleer about not getting what is average per box, and they told me to send them a letter along with the upc code, and they are sending me some cards, so its worth a shot.

NOSDeuce26
03-30-2005, 11:07 PM
I really hate redemptions cards. I remember twice I sent over 2 redemption cards one on Doug Flutie and Bryant Johnson and prolly like most people I didn't get anything back. Which gives me the reason of not wanting to open anything that has redemption cards because I won't even get anything back.

Dalkiel
03-31-2005, 12:32 AM
I like redemption cards as long as they result in a card that is actually auto'd, not with those lame stickers that are on almost everything now.

HaggardMob
03-31-2005, 12:42 AM
i am waiting on an 03-04 autofocus auto of...someone. Rashard Lewis didn't fulfill his committment so I'm getting someone else, which is fine with me because I don't care about Rashard Lewis.

Professor-Chaos
03-31-2005, 02:14 AM
I sent in a Vince Carter Sky Box something something and so far nothing... I don't care for Carter or his attitude so I hope they send me something else worth about the same... Something Manning would be sweet although I doubt they replace a BK card for a FB card but as long as there's hope there's a chance... lol

Professor-Chaos
03-31-2005, 02:23 AM
Come to think of it, UD also screwed me, I sent in a redemption for a card I really neede for my set and instead they sent in some BS replacement card with a note saying that they were all out of the card I originally sent in for and that they hope I'll enjoy this crappy card... So I phoned UD and ™™™™™ed and they said they'd send me something else to make me happy but so far nothing and it has been over 1 month... I guess UD and customer service don't go hand in hand...

GarMart
03-31-2005, 07:45 AM
It took me about 9 months to get my Todd Heap UD Reflections GU/AUTO /15. The redemption said 6-8 weeks. But I did get it finally and it's gorgeous.

Also I just pulled a Matt Freije Auto Basketball card from UD and the guy doesn't even play anymore. What am I supposed to do with that??

Best story I've heard about redemptions is my buddy Bob pulled a John Travolta FOTG Auto redemption and received it in about 3 weeks.

WhiteIce30
03-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Well im sending in 2 redemptions to fleer any suggestions i should do so they wont try and say i didnt send them or w/e.Also i dont want to lose the big 1 im sending in which is peja auto/patch/10....

Insane Irish
03-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the reply's, I'm going to Scan the delivery card and email it to them. Then I'm going to send a photocopy of the confirmation too. We'll see. It's been a long time, but they really ripped me off.

J.Harrington#3
04-02-2005, 12:10 AM
I had a 2003 Fleer showcase football sweet sigs auto of Archie manning, I sent it a year ago and no reply.