PDA

View Full Version : good & bad grading services

Tubby
04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
I got a shaq Topps rookie graded 10 from "finest grading service" and a Kevin Garnett card, Ballhawks from the 97-98 finest set, graded 10 from "The Final Authority". anyone have an opinion on these cards or grading services?

meuandthelot
04-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Envoy's post,Good link (http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=84556)

Actually..Many good posts in the forum

Tubby
04-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I got a shaq Topps rookie graded 10 from "finest grading service" and a Kevin Garnett card, Ballhawks from the 97-98 finest set, graded 10 from "The Final Authority". anyone have an opinion on these cards or grading services?

Thanks that was great.

Bondsaway
04-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Honestly I wouldn't trust anyone except BGS & PSA. They started it and now look how many companies are doing it. Check ebay sometime or the shop at home places. No way are all these cards are graded 9.5 and 10. What is the best way to get repeat business but grade your cards mint. Would you use a service if you sent them a card you were sure a 9 or better and it comes back a 8? lmk what you think. Heres something to ponder, why are people grading .99 cards and thinking they can get $10 for them. That p**ses me off. Thats like owning a card store and buying a mantle rc from an 8 yr old knowing it came from his dads collection, then only giving him a $50 box of cards. Some people give this hobby a real bad name!

frozen10x
04-17-2005, 01:25 AM
LOL, Bonds I agree with you man, but talk about venting...

Covet
04-17-2005, 05:36 AM
Heres something to ponder, why are people grading .99 cards and thinking they can get $10 for them. That p**ses me off. Thats like owning a card store and buying a mantle rc from an 8 yr old knowing it came from his dads collection, then only giving him a $50 box of cards. Some people give this hobby a real bad name!

That is exactly what they are doing with these 21st century issues. Of course they'll always come back graded as mint at the very least. Why shouldn't they? They go straight from pack to slab in under 12 seconds. Those cards wouldn't stand up to a vintage card with the same grade. Because manufacturers know that collectors are finicky about conditon, they already make the cards perfect.

I'm with you on this.

Bondsaway
04-17-2005, 11:16 AM
LOL, Bonds I agree with you man, but talk about venting...
Guess it did sound like I lost my mind, but too many times I've seen people ripped off for what? Some people should just burn their money! If all they're gonna do is send any card to a grader unless it is vintage or rc! Glad someone has a sense of humor, this is just for fun!! Unless you didn't send me my cards in a trade! Watch me vent then!!! LOL :new_all_c

Bondsaway
04-17-2005, 11:17 AM
That is exactly what they are doing with these 21st century issues. Of course they'll always come back graded as mint at the very least. Why shouldn't they? They go straight from pack to slab in under 12 seconds. Those cards wouldn't stand up to a vintage card with the same grade. Because manufacturers know that collectors are finicky about conditon, they already make the cards perfect.

I'm with you on this.
You must be a very intelligent person!!! LOL

Bondsaway
04-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey I have a computer that can print grading labels! Send me all your cards and I'll grade them gem mint 10 promise!!!LOL!!!!! PM me and I'll take your money and you can tell eveyone your PC is all gem mint. (That big crease on the card doesn't affect the grading REALLY!!!!!) LOL

Covet
04-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey I have a computer that can print grading labels! Send me all your cards and I'll grade them gem mint 10 promise!!!LOL!!!!! PM me and I'll take your money and you can tell eveyone your PC is all gem mint. (That big crease on the card doesn't affect the grading REALLY!!!!!) LOL

Do you do bulk orders? I have a whole bunch of 2004 commons that need at least a Mint grade so I can sell them for $10 per. :new_all_c

Bondsaway
04-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Do you do bulk orders? I have a whole bunch of 2004 commons that need at least a Mint grade so I can sell them for $10 per. :new_all_c

TODAY AND TODAY ONLY! I will grade your cards Platinum mint 11!!! Thats right! Eleven thats better than anyone out there. Just fold all your cards cram them into a envelope, shove them into a mailbox and yeeppeee you too can open your own shop at home network with me as your personal grading company! Don't forget your sase to send those bad boys back to you!!!!LOL all the way to the bank!!!

Tubby
04-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys. I never really understood some of thew graded cards I'd pick up in some of these bulk buys I've done. I got a Mike alstott 2002 graded card. Why would someone grade that? I did post a question on another link asking the difference between Beckett and BCCG if anyone can help.

Thanks

mudvillecards
08-31-2008, 12:17 AM
FGS- They should be called Fraudulent Grading Service. A bunch of crooked eBay Sellers got together and decided to form their own grading card company. They take beat up cards and slap a high grade on them, then put them up for bid. Total scam. Buyer Beware!