PDA

View Full Version : Question about Grading Co's

lemonlime
05-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Hello there, i'm new here. sorry if this has already been talked about before, i am sure it probally has but I have a question and i am hoping someone here could shed some light. When you get cards graded from these grading companies does anyone ever wonder if they are switching out cards on you or anything like that? I mean, it seems they would have to be maintain some serious integrity here but we dont know who they are. How do we know if we dont send in a card and they return it as a fake but they just switched it out with one of their top notch copies or reprints or whatever. it seems psa is the most respected of them all, but still, how can you be assured something fishy isnt going on there? Thanks

BamaFan
05-02-2005, 06:09 AM
My dad has some very great condition vintage cards from the 50's and 60's Ive been trying to get him to grade forever. He posed this same question to me and Im not sure what a good answer would be. Im sure Beckett, PSA, and SGC (the 3 leading graders) would have not been able to build solid reps if they had ever been caught doing this. I suppose the only way to definately know for sure is to have it graded on site. Alot of the companies do onsite gradings at shows, its alot more expensive but this is the only way to be 100% sure.
Hope this helps,
Ryan