PDA

View Full Version : UD Redemption Question

kartel
05-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I just recieved my redemption for a 03-04 UD SP Authentic Rookie Exclusives Autograph of Zarko Cabarkapa(spelling?) numbered #/100...

btw, this redemption was sent in via upperdeck.com in April of 2004... yeah, took over a YEAR, but i finally got it... in the envelope was just the card, nothing for waiting a year and having to contact CS for action... but what can ya do?

anyway, i look at the card... it is nice looking, but it isnt the card that i redeemed for... it is from UD SP GU Edition... but it is still an autograph and still numbered #/100... is there any difference between the two cards value wise? i have always thought that SP Authentic was the better of the two, especially for rookie autographs...

let me know what you think and if you think i should ask them about it (i.e. raise a stink because it isnt what i redeemed)

THANKS for reading!!

envoy98
05-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I would raise holy hell. That's ridiculous. I just had them replace a Sean Taylor auto after 8 months. I'm curious to see what I get, it says it was shipped on 4/26 so we'll see. If it's not something comparable I'll be calling back.

I would definitely call them if the card you got is not the same one you redeemed and you didn't get an explanation or a "sorry for the wait" letter.

tlvincent4
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey, I just saw that you had UD replace an autograph. I was thinking about having them replace one of mine. Is it the policy that you give them a list of five athletes from any sport and they try to replace it? Thats what I heard. That sounds a little risky. My card is a 04 UDGU McNabb/Westbrook dual auto dual jsy #'d/50. I have been waiting 8 months and although its a killer card I would rather have it be a player I collect, just don't want to get stiffed. Let me know how your situation worked out as I need some input! Thanks

ChicagoCubs04
05-02-2005, 10:08 PM
I just recieved my redemption for a 03-04 UD SP Authentic Rookie Exclusives Autograph of Zarko Cabarkapa(spelling?) numbered #/100...

btw, this redemption was sent in via upperdeck.com in April of 2004... yeah, took over a YEAR, but i finally got it... in the envelope was just the card, nothing for waiting a year and having to contact CS for action... but what can ya do?

anyway, i look at the card... it is nice looking, but it isnt the card that i redeemed for... it is from UD SP GU Edition... but it is still an autograph and still numbered #/100... is there any difference between the two cards value wise? i have always thought that SP Authentic was the better of the two, especially for rookie autographs...

let me know what you think and if you think i should ask them about it (i.e. raise a stink because it isnt what i redeemed)

THANKS for reading!!

If they did indeed send you a different card then the redemtion you sent in give UD a call telling them that you're absolutely furious and needed that card for a set or whatever. In return you might get something extra. Worth I try I guess.

clippersfan42
05-07-2005, 01:39 AM
It is the right card. The cards are the same as the SP Game used and are series 2 of the Rookie Exclusives. Theyincluded rookies that did well that were not included in the SP Game used one. Take a look at the price guide.