PDA

View Full Version : article submission. final resting spot of baseball royality

rayray131
12-18-2010, 12:14 AM
The area of ohio where I am from is full of great sports legends, but one individual stood head and shoulders beyond the rest. Cy Young was born just a few miles from my boyhood home near the town of Newcomerstown in the small village of peoli. A good friend of mine somehow obtained directions to the cemetary in which Mr. Young was laid to rest. After telling me this informaton, we could not wait to get started on the treck to the graveyard. We left to go on a rainy Sunday morning. On the way, my friend told of when his father met Cy at the local fair. Even though he was in his eighties, mr young never lost his backwoods boyish charm. He was also a distinguished gentleman that had many stories that were seemingly told by each and every wrinkle of his withered face. His worn hands showed many travels as he gripped the pen to sign an autograph for a small child.

Soon we would be at our and Cy's final destonation. While we drove through the small village of Peoli, you could almost sense a presence around you. Perhaps it was just our excitement, for we were nearing the cemetary. As we pulled in, the rain was now just a mist. We got out of the car and started to examine the names on the head stones. We found many Youngs but not the one we were looking for. We traveled through the cemetary to a point near the front and there he lay. I was in amazement of the detail on the huge grave marker. it had a carving of him in his youth as well as several baseballs. It was a thing of beauty. My friend and I. Stood there in awe for a while and then gave our respects. We left that day knowing we were in the presence of baseball royality.

Pheebs888
12-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi there,

I'm afraid this is not long enough to be considered an article, right now you have 320 words, could you please beef it up to at least 700?

Thanks
Karine