PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon Fleer Ultra Die Cut Gold

Toons52
05-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Could someone please help me with this. Ok, I have this card and i didnt think it was worth anything cause I saw similar ones on ebay go for like 5 dollars. In the beckett, it says that this card without the gold medallion is worth $50. With the gold it is times. 5 so that would mean its worth $75??? I just wanted to know why this card is not going for anything on ebay but is worth so much. thanks...

M.C.Savage
05-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Hehe..it is the Gold Medallion version of Gordon's rookie and you are right on the one thing, but wrong on the other. You're right, the card should be multiplied by 0.5, but 50*0.5= 25$

So you got the final value wrong, it is worth 25$.

springwoodslasher
05-18-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah, Savage is right. I sold mine with a Livingston Luxury Box RC, KG 96 SPx Gold, & Shaq McDonald's RC on Ebay for $12 with shipping.

Toons52
05-19-2005, 01:22 AM
so it is worth less than the $50 bv because it is gold medallion. I thought that the gold medallion meant it is worth .5 times more than the actual price. Im pretty sure that is how it is because i think that u take the actualy price and then add the .5 or wahter the gold is .. its just weird that u would take half off the card because its a gold medallion. I always though if the card is a gold med. or whatever then it would be worth more

M.C.Savage
05-19-2005, 01:25 AM
I think it is that way because the "real" rookie card is more valuable and the Gold Medallion is, well, just a parallel.

springwoodslasher
05-19-2005, 02:54 AM
It's that way because there's less of the regular Lucky 13 rookies than the gold medallion rookies. I got 2 Lucky 13 gold medallion rookies out of my box, but not a regular Lucky 13 rookie. The Lucky 13 rookies are also #/500 and the gold medallions aren't numbered at all. So, yeah, the gold medallions are easier to get. The platinum medallion parallels are the ones that are harder to get and worth more.

Toons52
05-19-2005, 05:42 PM
oh alright. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense

springwoodslasher
05-20-2005, 03:05 AM
No problem. I could understand why that might confuse someone. It really makes no sense why Fleer did it that way. They should've numbered the Lucky 13 gold medallions lower than the regulars or something, but they're not that smart, which may explain why they're going under.