PDA

View Full Version : Yes , Way to go Detroit

sealedpwr
06-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Woo-Hoo Detroit is going to the finals

Now let's see if they can win the Championship.
I am actually a 76er's Fan , but took Detroit in some bet's to win .

Kobe12
06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Got that right, DETROIT RULES,

and they're taking home the championship (I hate the Spurs)

Did you see those pressure free-throws by Billups!!!!!!!!!

sealedpwr
06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
They were still up by 3 , but could you imagine the pressure . I am so glad he nailed um.

bballcards4life3
06-08-2005, 06:05 PM
i can't wait for the finals this is going to be one of the best series in a while.

do you think that bruce bowan can guard Rim Hamilton?

meuandthelot
06-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes the fever is spreading in MI.
It was a ho-hum type playoffs up until game 7(not for me)

RenegadeLonghorn
06-10-2005, 04:40 PM
this is going to be one heck of a series!

Gpr04
06-10-2005, 09:57 PM
ginobili reminds me of Nash.
Detroit has to put the Prince on him.
140 pts quite the offensive show*hehe*
good game except for who won.

sealedpwr
06-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah i know i thought in the first they were kicking some major butt in this game , and then all of a sudden i was watching Detroit play like a bunch of High school Players.

the Way that Detroit played in the second half was like watching my old high school team play( they sucked)

I hope they realize they have to come out and play like they can in the rest of the series.

sealedpwr
06-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Here we go again, Detroit is playing like a highschool Team(junior)

i have seen 12 yr old girls shoot better than most of the team, what happened to Prince (0 point in the first)and hamilton (4 points in the first) These guy's need to step up a little and start making there shots.

Have a Feeling they are gonna be swept in the series.

nman0808
06-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Im gonna make a bold prediction after wathcing game 3 last night. I bet the Pistons win the next two games at Detroit, loose game 6, then win game seven and repeat as champions. That prediction is biased becuz im a Pistons fan and live in Michigan, but Detroit is the kind of the team that could do that.

springwoodslasher
06-16-2005, 05:59 AM
The Pistons will get put in their place in this series, FINALLY. If not for Wade being injured they wouldn't even be this far. San Antonio in 6 or 7. They are so much of a better team. They got 2 guards that Detroit can't even attempt to try and guard (Chauncey and Rip are horrible on defense and Prince can't contain Ginobili or going back to the last series, a healthy Wade). This series shows how much inferior they really are on defense and I must say I love it. They can't handle a team that's team oriented and that both guards can take the ball to the basket. Game 2 of this series was the best I've felt watching a Detroit game. Seeing them getting demolished on both sides of the floor just made me feel so good.

Detroit got lucky and Ginobili got injured on one of the first plays of game 3 (Prince playing some of that rape 'em defense they like to play and somehow get away with it), if not for that they'd be down 3-0. They can't stop Ginobili when he's healthy and that's a FACT. That's the only reason game 3 was a blowout. Enjoy it for now Detroit fans, because when it's all said and done, I'll get my revenge and all the Detroit fans will feel like I have the past 2 years. I can't wait to see the Spurs holding up the trophy and it would be even that much sweeter if it was after Game 5 in Detroit.

nman0808
06-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Wade played game 7.

springwoodslasher
06-17-2005, 03:03 AM
I said a HEALTHY Wade. You could tell he wasn't himself and to top it off Detroit made sure he hit the ground multiple times since that's the only way they can even stop him.

Tonight in the game you could also tell multiple times, when they "stripped the ball" they hit the Spurs' arms/hands, which is a foul. They get away with too much crap. I say, the Spurs will win game 5 after getting totally embarassed tonight.

sportspatrol
06-17-2005, 03:33 AM
Detroit fans.. hate to say this but I just wish Pistons could play actual basketball.. they play dirty and only win when they have their "petty home court refs" so say what you want I just had to get this outta my mouth.. Detroit plays Hockey on the Hardcourt.. No other way could this series have been at 2-2 unless Rips theory about NBA conspirists out to boost up the entertainment factor of the league artificially

sportspatrol
06-17-2005, 03:36 AM
and I take that back about "hating to say this"

Two things I absolutely loath in this world.. Destiny's Child and NBA "athletes" who play Dirty..

nman0808
06-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Detroit plays pretty damn good basketball, I admit the officiatting was IFFY at times, but it was the same way in San Antonio. Even if the officiatign was perfect, the game still woulda went the Pistons way, it woulda been closer but they would have one. As for Detroit not playing "actual" basketball...Id say they play "actual" basketball as good as the Spurs do. I mean Manu Ginobilli just runs in the lane wiht his eyes closed and throws himself around carelessly.......and yet Detroit gets called for a blocking foul. Bruce Bowen is playing cheap D on Rip all day. So all an all it evens out, and the series is even. Spurs a good team - Pistons a good team. The last 3 games r gonna be fun to watch

-mando-
06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
the officiating was 'iffy' as nman said, but thats what playing aggressive is gonna do, the aggressor always gets the calls and san antonio flatly got outplayed the last two games, same thing happened to detroit in san antonio, there is no excuse to play that lazy and effortless in the finals, detroit did it in game 2 and san antonio did it in game 4, hopefully game 5 will be a better game, even if the spurs lose, as a basketball fan i just want to see a good game with energy from both teams for a change in this series

THIS IS THE FINALS

RenegadeLonghorn
06-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Refs have favored the home team in each game. In my opinion the past two games in Detroit were heavily in their favor. Spurs players were getting pushed and slapped around. Thats the reason why they had so many turnovers. Fouls should have been called on those plays. But when the Spurs play aggressively on defense, they get fouls called on them. Thats bull™™™™.

On another note, I hate Al Michaels and Hubie Brown. They are calling the game one sided. Every time a Detroit player makes a 3 pointer or dunk they burst out in jubilation, praising the Detroit players for a "remarkable" play. But when SA makes an amazing play, I seldom hear the praise and jubilation. I had to mute my tv in the Phoenix series and I'm doing the same in the current series. I can't stand scum like those two guys.

nman0808-sorry that you think Ginobili runs around with his eyes closed lol. You just don't know talent when you see it. Apparently your eyes are closed. So does he shoot jump shots and 3 pointers with his eyes closed? LMAO, whatever.

sportspatrol
06-17-2005, 02:12 PM
I agree with Renegade and you know I really hate the fact that referees aren't making the calls because of whatever.. whether it be in SA or Mo-town.. I just wish the refs would call the games fair.. for gosh sakes pull in refs from canada or something who have no loyalties to either team..

Ginobili is one of the smartest players in the NBA if he did "Close his eyes and run the lane carelessly" he'd be a lot easier to defend.. but he's got a natural instinct for this game.. and I'm not gonna even start talking about Sheed's Careless everything..

LakersMC
06-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Two things I absolutely loath in this world.. Destiny's Child and NBA "athletes" who play Dirty..

Haha! That was a good one. I thought I was the only one who hated Beyonce. No one loves Beyonce as much as Beyonce.

I actually had a feeling Ginobli would blow up in the nba. It was during a pre-season game vs. the Lakers in Ginobli's rookie year. He locked Kobe down & stripped him on a dunk attempt. I was like, "Uh oh. This guy is going to be trouble."

nman0808
06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
When I said ""Close his eyes and run the lane carelessly" it was an analogy. Manu is a good player, I'm just saying his style of play is so differnt and it always seems like he is getting every call. And as for Al Michaels and Hubie Brown I felt the same way when they were in San Antonio, they always thought everything San Antonio did was remarkable. And they wouldnt stop talking about how Manu is an Argentian hero and how he led his team to the Gold Medal. And Sheed has cleaned up his act a lot since he has come to Detroit, I believe Coach Popovich has more technicals (1) than Rasheed in this series (0).

LakersMC
06-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't they teach these defensive fundamentals in grade school?
1. On a break, stop the ball.
2. On man to man D, keep your body in between your man & the basket.
3. Don't give up baseline.
4. When the game is on the line, don't leave Robert Horry!!!

sportspatrol
06-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Well now it all comes down to this.. Pistons must win 2.. out of 2.. in san antonio... where they haven't beat the spurs since 1902.. Its like the odds of Timmy Duncan making 10-10 at the stripe right now.. :)

tutall
06-21-2005, 12:47 AM
i still find it hillarious announcers are talking about the altercation with Indiana as destroying the pistons and this is a great season because they found a way to stick together and grind it out... yet the pacers made the second round while losing 3 starters for a LONG period of time. The pistons lost ben for 5 games and i think lindsey hunter for a game... I dont know what the media's infatuation is with detroit but it is starting to get old

Deadshot
06-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Not just that, but suspensions AND injuries caused Indiana players 450+ games this year.

Regardless, Go Spurs!

springwoodslasher
06-21-2005, 05:19 AM
"And Sheed has cleaned up his act a lot since he has come to Detroit, I believe Coach Popovich has more technicals (1) than Rasheed in this series (0)."

I can almost GUARANTEE this will change by game 6 or POSSIBLY 7 (I highly doubt it, unless the refs give them the game AGAIN). Rasheed and almost ALL the Pistons WHINE and COMPLAIN when they get called for a foul (the refs have been easy on Rasheed in the playoffs, he whined EVERY time he got called for a foul in the Miami series). I see the Pistons falling apart in the next 1-2 games. They WON'T win 2 games in San Antonio, bottom line. They had their chance to make it a series last night. Now, I think it'll be over tomorrow for sure. Time to watch the Pistons hang their head in shame. I can't ™™™™ wait! I have to work, but I'll be recording the game, just to watch the Pistons walk off the court as defeated whiners/crybabies.

nman0808
06-21-2005, 04:26 PM
I was up wacthing the game, and it made me so mad to play so hard for so long and out of all people have ROBERT HORRY beat you, if it was Timmy D or someone, then it woudlnt have been nearly as bad. Anyway it was a good game I guess, when the Pistons went up 13-4 in the first quarter I was thinking Game 3 and 4 all over again, but that didnt happen.

Spurs did as much ™™™™™ing and complaining in Games 3, 4 and 5 as the Pistons did in Game 1 and 2. The refs didnt just hand them the game, the Pistons simply outplayed them. Anyway if the Pistons loose tonight, they lost to a good team, but the Pistons will be a threat for a long time.

springwoodslasher
06-22-2005, 05:42 AM
The Pistons might be a threat till next year's playoffs when Miami beats them.

nman0808
06-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I dont think Miaimi is on the Pistons mind, they actaully have a title to play for, unlike your Heat.

Your not even a Spurs fan, your just mad because your team lost to a much better team.

sportspatrol
06-22-2005, 03:14 PM
nn.. not much better.. just much dirtier.. Anyone who saw chauncey grab horry's leg and get the blocking violation is laughing at how low Pistons will stoop..

nman0808
06-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Ok, I've heard enough about them playing dirty. You just cant tell good defense from playing dirty. If they were playing dirty then there would be a ton more fouls called on them, and there wasnt. So its obvious that they are not playing dirty, just good defense.

And I have no idea which play your talking about.

WilyWestbrook0
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
I remember that play exactly. Chauncey can resort to dirty tactics, but so does Bruce Bowen (remember the hand-raking of Hamilton?).

Also, I've noticed this in a few of your posts now - use the contraction "you're" when the sentence structure calls for it. The word "your" denotes possession and is not a substitute for "you are."

nman0808
06-22-2005, 09:24 PM
I remeber when Robert Horry ran right over Lindsey Hunter and they gave the foul on RASHEED. They said Rasheed pushed him over, I seen the replay, and he DID push him very lightly in the back, but not nearly enough for a 200+ pound to go flying to the ground. It was light contact, and sure enough they blow it on Rasheed.

Deadshot
06-22-2005, 09:33 PM
I remeber when Robert Horry ran right over Lindsey Hunter and they gave the foul on RASHEED. They said Rasheed pushed him over, I seen the replay, and he DID push him very lightly in the back, but not nearly enough for a 200+ pound to go flying to the ground. It was light contact, and sure enough they blow it on Rasheed.

It doesn't matter how far he went, but the very fact that Rasheed pushed him initiated the foul call. That's just basic basketball knowledge.

nman0808
06-22-2005, 09:42 PM
No, a little push does not warrant a foul call, thats just basketball.

Deadshot
06-22-2005, 09:51 PM
A little push in the back is a lot different.

nman0808
06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
True, good point. I hope in game 7 they just let them play.

Deadshot
06-22-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't mind watching a physical game either, as long as it is called the same both ways and neither team's players whine the whole game. Hopefully game 7 will be as good as game 5.

WilyWestbrook0
06-22-2005, 10:05 PM
I agree. When the series is all on the line like this, it should be hard-fought and physical. I hope it's another close one. The last two games have really made this series interesting.

nman0808
06-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Hopefully, but instead of Horry hitting a game winner, maybe Rasheed. :)

nman0808
06-22-2005, 10:11 PM
I hate how people call this series boring. I honestly rather watch a game in the low 80's with awesome D, than some 120 - 130 shootout. I mean just watch San antonio or Detroit on defense for one possesion and you will see how hard these guys are working.

Deadshot
06-22-2005, 10:21 PM
That's not really the case; games 1-4 were blowouts, which are boring to pretty much everyone but the winning team's fans. What you said is correct, but it doesn't apply to this series. The games have to be close.

nman0808
06-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah, tonights game will be close and a good one.

sportspatrol
06-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Yes perhaps they don't have the heaviest, nastiest, hairiest players in the league.. but keep in mind.. the Pistons have been and will always be viewed as the Bad Boys of Basketball.. No matter how clean they "MIGHT" play.. the bad always will outweigh the good.. thats what MoTown likes to watch.. in contrast San Antoine is a stinking Military base.. :) get the Picture.. this aint the Finals its Flipping Star Wars

WilyWestbrook0
06-23-2005, 05:07 PM
I had a dream where Ginobili was ejected and the Pistons won. I hope it's not prophetic. :)

tutall
06-23-2005, 05:21 PM
No, a little push does not warrant a foul call, thats just basketball.

first off... anything that gives any advantage to either player is a foul. Some officials may not call it or whatever but technically it would be a foul... and if he wasnt pushing to get a little leverage why did he do it?

you say the pistons dont play dirty yet they have 2 of the dirtiest players in the NBA in the wallaces.... they are a team full of thugs... trust me i love great defense.. when i played in high school i used to pride myself in D because we had 3 scorers that were awesome. that said, setting illegal screens and grabbing a handful of jersey on the way by is not great defense. I love watching ben wallace play but he does a lot of handchecking and pushing in the middle which has really disrupted tims timing. however i also believe the spurs need to quit whining about it... everytime duncan gets pushed he turns around and complains instead of busting his ™™™ to get back on D. That is where i think they have gone wrong

nman0808
06-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I agree with you sportspatrol, that we will always be viewed as the bad boys of basketball. And I also agree about the "star wars", tonite is gonna be a battle.

sealedpwr
06-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Man are these Ref's sad , i think the SA paid them, they are calling some pretty bad fowls.

sealedpwr
06-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Man the whole Detroit team choked big, Congrat's on the Spurs for winning the Championship.

Would have been a different story if Detroit would have shown up to the game.
Highest Scorer Billups had 13 points(WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

TurdFerguson
06-24-2005, 12:00 AM
The only part of the series I watched was the last 5 minutes tonight, but Detroit shot like crap. Congrats to the Spurs !

springwoodslasher
06-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Just like I said, if the refs called Detroit's fouls the Spurs would win. Almost every one of their starting lineup should be in foul trouble every game, because of the way they play. Glad to see the refs called it right and Rasheed was in foul trouble. He whines too much and should've definitely got hit up with a technical. It was beautiful seeing them lose. It definitely made my night. I'll go ahead and guarantee the Pistons won't be coming out of the East next year, especially if they lose Larry Brown. It'll be Miami or a surprise team, I say.

sealedpwr
06-24-2005, 04:58 AM
The ref's called crap for the first three Quarters, i have seen my 4yr old son push my daughter harder than some of those calls.

Ref"ing was just garbage in this game.

nman0808
06-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Just a couple of things I wanted to say about last nights game.

1. It was real close through the first three quarters, then SA outplayed Detroit in the fourth. I thought it was a real good game, but I think home court advantage made all the differnence.

2. I thought that SA and there fans showed a lot of class last night, by giving Detroit a round of applause during the trophy ceremony and by giving LB the credit that he deserves, he truly is the best teacher of basketball in this leaque. If Detroit had to loose to a team, I'm glad it was SA, because there a hell of a team.

Springwoodslasher: I dont really know what your problem with Detroit is, but they are a better team.

"It was beautiful seeing them lose. It definitely made my night." Dont hope someone is gonna loose, root for the oppostite team to win, there is a difference. Your not even a Spurs fan, your still mad about something that happened three weeks ago.

As for your prediction about next year, it wont happen. All five of Detroits guys plus there whole bench are returning more determined than ever. You better enjoy the little success that Miami has had this year, because the Diesel is getting old, and the Pistons are gonna go right through Miami next year.

RenegadeLonghorn
06-24-2005, 02:30 PM
"Springwoodslasher: I dont really know what your problem with Detroit is, but they are a better team."

Detroit is better then San Antonio? Apparently I need to rewatch the Finals....

nman0808
06-24-2005, 03:35 PM
I said Detroit is better than Miami, so you dont need to rewatch the game, just maybe reread the post.

sportspatrol
06-24-2005, 05:07 PM
My Turn to post my thoughts.. lol
1. Detroit gave us a challenge.. I sure didn't want to watch a sweep and Pistons made me nervous about this series more times than I like to admit. Perhaps their not as dirty as I said they were but in the End they were up against insurmountable odds and I admire the effort they put into this series
2. Bowen.. DANG.. what genius to put our best defender on your best offensive spark plug.. But why do you wait until Game 7 to do it??? WHY?? The best defender in the league.. either Ben Wallace, or Bowen.. you guys know where my vote goes.
3. Duncan.. WOw.. just what we needed come Game 7 Duncan brought his game on TWO sprained ankles and won MVP #3 for his collection.. I'll admit I think Manu deserved it alot more considering his contributions to this series but now I think we all know what he can do - besides without TDUnc.. forget Finals even..
4. Manu GInooBLEee!! I can't even speak my happiness over this yet another suppurb achievement for Manu - World BKB Championship Gold Last year.. Olympics Gold.. and Now his Second Finals Victory in Three seasons.. People are finally starting to give him the credit he deserves and I'm so proud that I've been rooting for him so long now.. twil pay off.. literally :)
5. Pop and Larry Brown - TWO ULTRA CLASSY GUYS.. as a KU guy gotta love the teams Brown puts together on a regular basis - I just don't wanna see him raise the mantle in Cleveland.. Pop and Brown the two classiest coaches in the NBA..

Side Note.. Phil Jackson and Kobe deserve each other

LakersMC
06-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Side Note.. Phil Jackson and Kobe deserve each other

sportspatrol, why did you have to go there? We were getting along so well til now...

;)

sportspatrol
06-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Ahh its all good.. :) I'm just really not a Kobe fan.. and Phil's Karma commercials.. well anyhow.. on a good note I like the Big Shot Bob Auto.. very sweet..

LakersMC
06-25-2005, 01:06 AM
Ahh its all good.. :) I'm just really not a Kobe fan.. and Phil's Karma commercials.. well anyhow.. on a good note I like the Big Shot Bob Auto.. very sweet..

I know. It's all good natured smack talking. You root for your team. I root for mine. All good.

tutall
06-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Springwoodslasher: I dont really know what your problem with Detroit is, but they are a better team.

"It was beautiful seeing them lose. It definitely made my night." Dont hope someone is gonna loose, root for the oppostite team to win, there is a difference. Your not even a Spurs fan, your still mad about something that happened three weeks ago.

just so you know i hate the pistons for something that happened 6 months ago... i was rooting for anyone but the pistons to win.. will do the same next year

im just glad artest, jackson, and o'neal connected on a couple punches

springwoodslasher
06-25-2005, 02:32 AM
just so you know i hate the pistons for something that happened 6 months ago... i was rooting for anyone but the pistons to win.. will do the same next year

im just glad artest, jackson, and o'neal connected on a couple punches

That's the main reason I hate Detroit. I've been rooting for them to lose every single game this year at the start of the season, not just the playoffs. They stomped the Lakers last year, which I didn't like, and Ben Wallace starting something that ended in 3 huge Pacers suspensions really didn't make me like them anymore. Ben Wallace started the brawl, I don't care what anyone else says, but that's a whole other topic.

Spurs are the NBA champions, bottom line. They played with alot of heart in game 7.

Deadshot
06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Actually, I disliked the Pistons even before the brawl. They knocked Indy out of the ECF in 03-04, and I grew a disliking for them and their play. 11/19 only solidified my anger for the organization and their fans. I'll be honest with everyone - Indiana has never won a title in the NBA (they won 3 in the ABA), but Thursday was the happiest I've ever been after an NBA championship game.

nman0808
06-25-2005, 11:22 AM
If your all gonna hate Detroit, because of them beating your team, or being involved in a brawl, or because of there "dirty" play. Go right ahead, but get used to being unhappy, there gonna be good for awhile.

Ben Wallace didnt start the brawl, he pushed Ron Artest after a hard foul, and then he was done. Then the Pacers benched cleared and thats when the brawl happened. You cant really blame it all on one person, if you really wanted to get all technical about it, you could say that Ron Artest started the brawl, with the hard fooul he gave Ben with like 1:20 to go when the Pacers were up by like 20 points.

I hate how everyone blames the brawl on Detroit. It wouldnt even be called a brawl if the Pacers wouldnt have gone into the stands. It woulda been a fight between the two teams when the benches cleared. I dont think that when the fans threw stuff was right, but still you dont go into the stands.

Im glad some of them got suspended, maybe they will think before they go into the stands. It's so dumb, when Pacer fans go "The brawl ruined are season". No your players ruined your season by going into the stands.

Deadshot
06-25-2005, 11:58 AM
You contradict yourself when you say the brawl started when the Pacers bench cleared and later say both benches cleared. Also, your last sentence contradicts your post.

"If you want to be technical," the foul was with about 45 seconds to go, not 1:20.

If the refs would have ejected Ben Wallace and Stephen Jackson in the first place, most of this stuff likely wouldn't have happened. Both teams made mistakes in the situation; there is no reason to debate about the brawl again. Go watch the footage one more time.

they're = they are
their = possession of something
there = location of something

nman0808
06-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Both benches did clear, but the Pacers was the first to clear. Also it wasnt considered a brawl until the idiot Pacers players went into the stands.

Ok 45 seconds left, all the more reason not to foul.

Deadshot
06-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Actually, it wouldn't have been a brawl if the rest of the fans didn't start throwing stuff and fighting. Artest went after one person, which is also known as a fight.

I'm done debating the brawl.

nman0808
06-25-2005, 01:10 PM
The players still shouldnt go in the stands.

Deadshot
06-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Like I said, I'm done debating the brawl, but I will defend my word - I never said the players should go in the stands. If you will look back at my posts from November, you will see that I never advocated the negative actions of the players. Maybe you were too busy taking cheap shots at me for collecting Artest, but that was my word and I'm sticking to it.

nman0808
06-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Im not saying you did advocate there behavior.

Im not even argueing against you. Springwoodslahser all of a sudden started talking about the brawl again, and how Ben Wallace started the whole thing.

"Ben Wallace started the brawl, I don't care what anyone else says"