PDA

View Full Version : This Moment Changed Collecting For Me, Contest Entry

ttmtrader101
03-10-2011, 10:34 PM
When I was only 12 years old, I went over to my local card shop to purchase a couple packs of new hockey cards. When I got there, I scanned the room looking for the hottest new box of cards to buy. The hottest was SPX Hockey. I looked at the price and I saw it was too much money, so I thought about others. I came across the years Upper Deck. Upper Deck was a whole lot cheaper and it came with more cards in each pack to. (I didn't know about autographs, so I was just trying to get the best deal I could). The man running the store asked me " are you looking for any autos?" I replied " whats that?" I finally got it. He convinced me to buy the SPX, so I had a better chance of a great pull. It turned out that I did have a great pull. I pulled a Patrick Cane auto rookie jersey card!!! Its a really sweet card and This is what changed my vision of collecting cards. I will never forget that moment, and never trade that card. Now, I almost always go for the newest version of SPX hockey. I like SPX so much, once in a while I will buy a couple packs of SPX football. I even get great hits in that, too! Thanks SPX and the card shop guy!

Pheebs888
03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry but articles need to be 800 words or more...Please add to this or it will not be a valid contest entry