PDA

View Full Version : back in the scene..

Jroz
06-16-2005, 02:52 PM
hey guys ive been out of the basketball card scene since like 97-98 and damn its changed. Im planning on getting back into it now, trying to start a little investment..seems like packs are alot more expensive now with less cards..but cards are being sold for alot more now adays..specially if you land some autographed ones or jersey cards. Im not really sure which are the best to get, i think im gonna start buying packs and or boxes and see if i can start gettin some quality cards. any suggestions on what packs or boxes to buy. I have alot of old cards includnig about 3000 1965-1973 baseball/football/hockey..and some old basketball cards 70,71, then some DR j's and fraziers. Any ideas on how i can move those or trade those...i havent really gone through most of them

LakersMC
06-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Welcome back, I guess.
My advice on new cards is to pick a nice looking set where you like the base cards. Don't count on pulling GU or AUTO or killer cards right away. That way you won't be disappointed.
As for moving your cards, make up a tradelist of exactly what you have && exactly what you want in return. Then post it in the "Basketball Card Trading" Forum. Sounds like you have good stuff; someone will want it.

royer33455
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
If you come accross 69 Montreal Expo cards I am Interested; I would like to trade and I have a lot to trade.

ERic

Jroz
06-16-2005, 07:49 PM
thanks for the posts guys, im positive i do have 1969 ones..i'll go through and let you know..i'm only lookin for basketball cards though just to remind you

thanks
Jason

Jroz
06-16-2005, 07:50 PM
thanks for the posts guys, im positive i do have 1969 ones..i'll go through and let you know..i'm only lookin for basketball cards though just to remind you....you say get a good base card..which ones would you recommend to buy boxes or packs off...i noticed theres like 50 different UD's now....some only have 4 cards in the pack...any recommendations?

thanks
Jason

springwoodslasher
06-17-2005, 03:19 AM
If you're wanting Jordan/Lebron then go with an Upper Deck product. I'd get a mid level one (box costing around $125-$175). If you're looking to spend less, go with something Topps. Finest is about to come out at the end of the month and usually only run $90-$100 a box. You get 3 autos or gu's, 3 draft redemptions, 12 parallels (refractors/x-fractors), and an uncirculated refractor as a box topper per box. Topps Luxury Box is nice also. Only $85-$100 a box and you get 4 gu's and an auto per box. If you're not worried about autos/gu much, then Topps Chrome is nice. Only like $60-$70 a box and tons of nice refractors/x-fractors, which usually sell well. Also, if you don't want to spend much, Fleer just went out of business, so most dealers have their products discounted, but you're taking the risk of getting an auto redemption and getting absolutely nothing for it. It's really up to you and what you're after.