PDA

View Full Version : exquisite 04/05 ?

pharmacist
06-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Hi,

I'm totally new here and wanted to ask you some things about collecting basketball cards. Back in the days I used to collect Upper Deck Collector's Choice cards, as they were the only ones available in Europe back then, but I guess those don't have any value (except emotional value for myself). Now I see that there are beautiful collections nowadays with game-used stuff etc... Now I found oiut that there are hobby and retail boxes, but I don't know the diference, could you please tell me what differenciates them, and where I could find an online store for hobby boxes ( they're the most valuable right ? ) that ships to europe.

I also found out recently that upper deck is going to launch th 2004-2005 exquisite collection at the end of this month, and I was wondering if that was true and if so, again, where I could find boxes of that collection online.

Thank you for your answers,

Jeff the pharmacist

kartel
06-20-2005, 07:41 AM
where in Europe are you? i am in Germany... I almost exclusively shop online for my sportscards... i would suggest either of these two:
www.dacardworld.com
www.charmcitycards.com

they seem to have the better prices out there and are the only ones that i have dealt with... i know of some German websites that sell boxes, but havent ordered through them though...

laidback75
06-20-2005, 07:45 AM
The main difference between hobby and retail boxes are the inserts that you can get. Usually companies put hobby exclusives in boxes. Plus, hobby boxes guarantee a certain amount of inserts as retail gives you odds or one insert.

Online stores that ship overseas, like to me, are:

www.dacardworld.com
www.charmcitycards.com
www.dcssportscards.com

Those are the 3 that I order from. They have some pretty decent prices. Those exquiste collection cards are relly expensive, if you did not know that. Good Luck.

pharmacist
06-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the advice

I'm in Belgium, so I would be interested in the adresses of those german shops too ( I speak german so there's no problem).

pharmacist
06-20-2005, 07:57 AM
and by the way, do you know any online worldwide shipping stores tat sell cases ?

I know exquisites are expensive but they're an investment, so I figured I should go for those....

golfermatt91
06-20-2005, 10:36 AM
yup . . . blowoutcards.com sells cases

GrandKenyon06
06-20-2005, 12:11 PM
you can get cases from charmcitycards dacardworld also..stick with them there the best

kartel
06-20-2005, 02:44 PM
i ordered a case from dacardworld... they shipped to me...

Professor-Chaos
06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Holy cow! $2400.00 for a 3 box case! You only get 3 cards per 'case', right? P-C

kartel
06-21-2005, 07:29 AM
yeah, I read that price too... i am not sure what comes in it, but at that price, i would just let someone else bust it up and then buy the one that i want off him/her... knowing my luck i would pull a Bob Sura Auto/Jersey #/350; catching $15 on ebay!

Y2J
06-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Is it worth it? the msrp is 500, the going price from blowoutcards is around 2100 ~3 box case

I am not sure if this price is justified..

envoy98
06-27-2005, 10:16 PM
The packs are running 800 a piece. I have a hard time swallowing $300 more / pack than I paid last year to get rookies that wont be worth 1/3 of what they were last year. You're gonna have to pull something awfully nice to get your money back. At least last year you could pull rc's of Bron, Wade, Melo, Bosh, Darko etc. This year you can't even get Okafor or Wade and Howard and Gordon are nice, but they're not even close to Bron / Melo of 03/04.

I'll be curious to see what the singles hit the bay at. I'll be watching. :)

Y2J
06-27-2005, 10:32 PM
i said screw it - and just broke a case...
Il ltry to get scans tomorrow, My biggest hit dominated!
Jordan Titleist auto/jersey (shape of a title) 6/6 (number of titles won)

check out my full break:
http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?p=981654#post981654

Professor-Chaos
06-27-2005, 10:55 PM
From what I understand, UD 'found' a bunch of 1/1's from last year's Exquisite that never made it into packs which is why they went ahead and made it again this year... They had no plans to do it this year because the rookie crop isn't even close to be as good as last year's... Don't be surprised if you see some high-end cards from last year in this year's Exquisite... P-C