PDA

View Full Version : 95 classic rookies artist proofs

twinsfan48
06-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Wassup everyone?
Does anyone know what the rookies proofs cards look like in the 95 classic rookies set? I have a few with a shiny look on them, but i'm not sure if that is a rookie proof or just one of the rookies in the set. I have a picture below to demonstrate the difference between the two. I am wondering if the jamal faulkner card would be a rookie proof as well?
thanks
bradyLawrence Moten/ Jamal Faulkner cards (http://photobucket.com/albums/y272/twinsfan48/?action=view&current=scan0003.jpg)

LakersMC
06-22-2005, 01:22 PM
I am not 100% sure of what I'm saying here. But I do have some cards from that set.

- I think the shiny cards are simply inserts (kind of like classic's version of a refractor).
- I think the proofs cards will explicitly say 'rookie proof' printed on them. I had a 'printers proof' from classic and it had 'printers proof' printed on it.

Deadshot
06-22-2005, 01:24 PM
LakersMC - was the printer's proof Classic's version of a press plate?

LakersMC
06-22-2005, 01:26 PM
LakersMC - was the printer's proof Classic's version of a press plate?

No, it was pretty dumb. I don't know why they called it a 'printer's proof'. They were foil stamped "Printer's Proof, 1 of 349". Each card had the same "serial number", ie. 1 of 349. They just picked that dumb name for their insert set.