PDA

View Full Version : Who did your team draft???

nman0808
06-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Detroit drafted Jason Maxiell out of Cincy. Im happy with the pick I guess, but I really wanted to get Salim Stoudemire.

The two most surprising picks I seen was, Gerald Green and Hakim Warrick. They fell down the draft board pretty far, a lot of people had them in there top ten.

JeterCollector_BC
06-28-2005, 11:04 PM
So far, Channing Frye #8 (Arizona) and David Lee #30 (Florida). I like both picks but we picked another foward in Lee.

We also have another pick at 54.

Deadshot
06-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Indiana got Danny Granger. I consider him to be a major steal at #17.

Kobe12
06-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Lakers drafted Andrew Bynum at #10. I guess it's a gamble but it may pay off in the future. He's the youngest to ever be drafted.

RenegadeLonghorn
06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
umm the Spurs drafted a guy from France who didn't even have a bio link that I could click on. Everyone else drafted in the 1st round had a link lol. I guess we got ourselves a sleeper!

I hope.

JeterCollector_BC
06-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Just got Dijon Thompson at #54. Don't know much about him, if anyone else could fill me on on his pros and cons it would be appreciated.

LakersMC
06-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Just got Dijon Thompson at #54. Don't know much about him, if anyone else could fill me on on his pros and cons it would be appreciated.

I went to UCLA & live in LA. I love Dijon Thompson. He played PF at UCLA, even though he is more like a SG or SF. He has handles, can board, and really worked on his outside shot. His best asset is that he is a 'go to' guy down the stretch and has a winner's mentality. Definite steal @ #54. ESPN picked him as a sleeper yesterday.

UPDATE: It looks like Dijon just got traded to the Suns.

LakersMC
06-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Lakers drafted Andrew Bynum at #10. I guess it's a gamble but it may pay off in the future. He's the youngest to ever be drafted.

I dunno about this. I heard some people compare Bynum to Shaq. But then I heard other people compare him to Desagna Diop (ie. big fat scrub).

Deadshot
06-29-2005, 01:35 AM
LakersMC, I figured you might want to see this. Supposedly, Bynum has a MySpace, lol:

http://www.myspace.com/8750639

nman0808
06-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Pistons also got Amir Johnson (Westchester HS) and Alex Acker (Pepperdine). Heard of Alex but never even heard of Amir.

JeterCollector_BC
06-29-2005, 11:50 AM
I went to UCLA & live in LA. I love Dijon Thompson. He played PF at UCLA, even though he is more like a SG or SF. He has handles, can board, and really worked on his outside shot. His best asset is that he is a 'go to' guy down the stretch and has a winner's mentality. Definite steal @ #54. ESPN picked him as a sleeper yesterday.

UPDATE: It looks like Dijon just got traded to the Suns.

Thanks for the input but yah he was traded:

Suns Get:

Draft Rights to Dijon Thompson
Kurt Thomas

Knicks Get:

Draft Rights to Nate Robinson
Quentin Richardson

I like this deal, Nate can come off the bench to play some deal for Marbury.

LakersMC
06-29-2005, 12:42 PM
LakersMC, I figured you might want to see this. Supposedly, Bynum has a MySpace, lol:

http://www.myspace.com/8750639

Haha! That's too funny. Thanks for the 411.

Archuleta
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
The Timberwolves took Rashad McCants with the 14th pick. I love this pick with sprewell out McCants comes in with hes great O skills next to Kevin Garnett they will be great.People question his D skills but as long as he brings the O like hes know for thats all the T-Wolves need to become a much better team.

They also took Bracey Wright with the 47th pick. I also like him alot. I think he will be great comming off the bench. He is great inside and has good ball skills to weave through Defenders and get to the rim and score. He has good ability to score, But I think his biggest help to the team will be his D. He has long arms and great speed which help him be a great Defender.

Archuleta
06-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Suns Get:

Draft Rights to Dijon Thompson
Kurt Thomas

Knicks Get:

Draft Rights to Nate Robinson
Quentin Richardson

I like this deal, Nate can come off the bench to play some deal for Marbury.

I agree i think the Knicks got a great deal. Bringing in Q.Richardson Is huge plus i really like Nate even though his small hes a tough guy and a fighter.

Deadshot
06-29-2005, 01:52 PM
I will let you know right now - Bracey Wright won't contribute much of anything. I followed him at Indiana in college.

greg bernhardt
06-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Bogut baby! Go Bucks!!

Deadshot, I saw alot of Bracey being a badger fan and I saw a glimpse of kobe many times in him. However it seems he lacks the killer instinct and drive most of the time.

nman0808
06-29-2005, 02:17 PM
I agree the Knicks got a great deal. Nate Robinson is an athlete, he was fun to watch at Washington.

Deadshot
06-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Bogut baby! Go Bucks!!

Deadshot, I saw alot of Bracey being a badger fan and I saw a glimpse of kobe many times in him. However it seems he lacks the killer instinct and drive most of the time.

Yeah, of course he can shoot. He was awesome in his rookie year, but hasn't been just oustanding since then (yes, he did lead the Big 10 in scoring, but this was a watered-down version with little scoring threats). Injuries plagued his college career, and he should have waited one more year to enter the draft. I honestly don't think he will materialize as much of an NBA player.

tutall
06-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Bogut baby! Go Bucks!!

i can tell you exactly what bracey brings... no desire to win... not as good of an athlete as it appears... and whoever said defense.. HA.. he never played any at IU... he went 0-47 at one point for three pointers on the road... and he decides to go early entry... thank god... let some real talent play at indiana

Lithium
12-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Lots to cover for Rip City!

Firstly: Traded number 3 pick to utah for #6, 27 and a first round pick in 2006 from detroit

Drafted Martell Webster at 6

Secondly: Traded pick #27 and our 2nd rounder to Denver for Jarret Jack!

aram16
12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
My Pacers got Sarunas Jasikevicius ona free agent signing and also drafted Danny Granger at 17!!!What a Steal!!!