If I Were King Of Sports Card Forum... <br />
by spoodini <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I believe that many people are often afraid to answer these tough questions on what they would do if they were in charge of...

troygoesdeep
04-29-2011, 05:14 AM
k.

andrewhoya
04-29-2011, 09:48 PM
If more members read the rules and understood them, the less work the moderators would have enforcing them.

Yes, it would lessen moderators hassles, but what about the New Member team? Think of all those tests they would have to send out, grade, etc.

I agree with some of your other ideas, though.

TheTGB
04-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Just ideas. Throwing them all out there. But getting people thinking is the beginning.

spuds1961
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
The reason the baseball area may be lacking is that it has only 5 mods while the other areas have more,also baseball is no longer nor has been the number one american sport for years,football also has alot more going for it,as the lockout also leads to discussion,whether it be negative or positive.Spoodini,you were staff at one time,if you think baseball is lacking so much come back join the baseball staff and help us fix it.I do like your constructive criticism and I feel you have some good ideas.As far as the baseball forums go you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink,I've tried some contests and I've written articles and if you haven't noticed everytime I break a box whether it be hobby or cheap retail it always gets listed.I think part of the major problem with the baseball forum is it is the most exposed sport on espn and other sports networks,so by the time we the baseball staff report on something everybody has already seen it or knows about it.I also feel that our members could help us out by being a little more active,as I've noticed in alot of my breaks 80 views with no replies,how hard is it to type sorry man that break sucked or wow cool insert something would be better than nothing.I will hop on your suggestions and try and give some new product reviews and tell people about what they can expect in any box I may purchase,also it's a very busy time for me work wise working for an ambulance company in Mississippi,and as you can probably tell by the news reports sportscards are not a top priority right now.

Pheebs888
05-02-2011, 08:43 PM
published article here: http://www.sportscardforum.com/articles/2011/05/if-i-were-king-of-sports-card-forum/

TheTGB
05-02-2011, 11:41 PM
I wasn't sure if I was to respond here or not, but it's probably better I do. <br />
<br />
I do not believe the number of mods has a lot to do with activity in the baseball area. I do agree that baseball's...

andrewhoya
05-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Nevermind :rolleyes:

TheTGB
05-03-2011, 07:42 AM
andrewcstein, sorry.

Paintball
05-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't know if I should butt into this discussion or not, but I find the claim that baseball fans seem to be in some way less active then football fans on this site very wrong. Let's face it, the main focus of this site is providing a place for card collectors to bring their boxes of cards they want to trade and finding other collectors doing the same thing. I find the baseball trading threads just as active, if not more so, then the football, basketball, and hocky trading threads. Baseball just has a different type of fan then these other sports and doesn't lend itself to instant gratification by both the fans and the card collectors. Baseball season is a long season, great players have long careers, and the fans follow the games,season, teams, and players with a kind of quiet reverance and hope. We might not say much or give our opinions very often, but we are very much out there and are big, big fans of the game. In my humble opinion baseball is still the game of life.

TheTGB
05-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't know if I should butt into this discussion or not, but I find the claim that baseball fans seem to be in some way less active then football fans on this site very wrong. Let's face it, the main focus of this site is providing a place for card collectors to bring their boxes of cards they want to trade and finding other collectors doing the same thing. I find the baseball trading threads just as active, if not more so, then the football, basketball, and hocky trading threads. Baseball just has a different type of fan then these other sports and doesn't lend itself to instant gratification by both the fans and the card collectors. Baseball season is a long season, great players have long careers, and the fans follow the games,season, teams, and players with a kind of quiet reverance and hope. We might not say much or give our opinions very often, but we are very much out there and are big, big fans of the game. In my humble opinion baseball is still the game of life.

I'll give you some perspective. Baseball had the most posts and threads on this site for a long time, now look at the numbers.

Paintball
05-04-2011, 02:30 PM
I did look at the numbers before I posted. Right now the threads I was referring to are as follows:

Baseball card trading: 1,137,184 post in 129,690 threads
Baseball card buying/selling: 210,929 post in 31,159 threads
Baseball card Highend trading: 3,813 post in 417 threads

Football card trading: 544,198 post in 46,686 threads
Football card buying/selling: 255,867 post in 31,127 threads
Football card High End trading: 10,718 post in 943 threads.

It looks to me like baseball card trading still commands the same amount if not more attention on this site than football, especially since most of the cards on the vintage thread are vintage baseball.

TheTGB
05-06-2011, 02:24 PM
You missed the Archives and how often each team cleans their forum. Numbers can be very deceiving.

spuds1961
05-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh face it Kevin you just don't like the baseball team,numbers can be deceiving,but they are there aren't they.Just messing around,any other new releases for baseball cards around the bend,had fun opening some gypsy queen today,my target finally got some in.Asked for people's opinions in the baseball card section,that thread seems to be doing well.

TheTGB
05-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Oh face it Kevin you just don't like the baseball team,numbers can be deceiving,but they are there aren't they.Just messing around,any other new releases for baseball cards around the bend,had fun opening some gypsy queen today,my target finally got some in.Asked for people's opinions in the baseball card section,that thread seems to be doing well.

LOL I love you all Steve. I actually went to my Fred Meyer (kinda like Target) looking for GQ today and couldn't find any. I was disappointed. I'm looking forward to A&G too, hopefully that won't jump to $150 a box!