View Full Version : box topper?

07-19-2005, 11:26 AM
I have heard this expression a few times in the last 8 months or so,but until now,have never asked what they are.can someone tell me?Thanks

07-20-2005, 03:28 PM
I think it is an oversized card, inserted 1 per box. It doesn't fit in a regular pack, so they put it on the top of a box. I think...

07-20-2005, 05:03 PM
it doesnt have to be oversized but usaully is......its jsut a card that doesnt come in single packs. you get them individually wrapped and they are placed in the top of the box (hence the name: box-toppers)....they are usually an uncirculated card if you buy a topps brand. playoff and upper deck really dont have box-toppers...fleer used to have a few but its most just topps uncirculated cards.