PDA

View Full Version : Gimmicky cards you hate the most.

BigAl
07-21-2005, 10:37 AM
We all know how the card companies will put a piece of ANYTHING into a card pertaining to the player to sell their product better, but I think a few things are pretty stupid.

1st off, "Game Used Floor" cards, I think those are really useless, I don't know why, I just don't see what it has to do with the player on the card other than they supposedly had their feet on it for a while.

Also, "authentic arena seat" cards, I think those are ridiculous as well, how does a seat that hundreds of feet away from the playeres become a "game used relic card"

Pretty much, I think they should stick to GU jersey and shorts cards, even warmups are ok. Oh well, sorry to rant, just thought I'd start a discussion.

LakersMC
07-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Topps put out a GU towel a few yrs ago. I thought that was pretty dumb.
"2001-02 Topps Pristine Sweat and Tears"

andyb582
07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
lol i agree. The seat cards a terrible idea. I pulled one that was a chuck bedanrik seat. But it isnt like he sat their so couldnt it of been any player who played at their stadium. I think the most dumb cards r the feild goal post cards. Muhsin muhammand has one. What does he have to do witht he field goal post anyways. Dumb companies

nman0808
07-22-2005, 03:08 PM
I dont like Game Used Film cards, they really have nothing to do with the player, its just there picture.

Deadshot
07-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Topps put out a GU towel a few yrs ago. I thought that was pretty dumb.
"2001-02 Topps Pristine Sweat and Tears"

Actually, I think the towels look pretty cool (I have still not gotten one yet). If I recall correctly, they are used from Playoff games.

spydermat
07-22-2005, 04:02 PM
i hate the pacific net fusions that had a piece of the foul net..... its from baseball but i hate the none the less

LakersMC
07-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Actually, I think the towels look pretty cool (I have still not gotten one yet). If I recall correctly, they are used from Playoff games.

Yes, they are the playoff towels. I'm sorry; hope I didn't offend you. =P

VLADDADDY
07-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Anybody Remember The Game Used Dirt Cards Inserted Into Stadium Club Baseball Several Years Back? I PULLED A PEDRO MARTINEZ. The Dirt Was In A Capsule Embedded Into The Card. Pretty Lame If You Ask Me.

I Have A Tim Duncan Sweat And Tears Card And Its One Of My Favs Of All My Game Used. Nice Colorful Design And A Good Portion Of Towel Which Was Viewed Through Both Sides Of The Card. I Think Its A Better Idea Than Most Of The Game Used Ideas As Of Late.

spydermat
07-23-2005, 12:42 AM
vlad- could you post a scan of the duncan, ive never saw what those cards looked like

VLADDADDY
07-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I Dont Have A Scanner Anymore But I'll Try To Get One To You. I Tried For The Set But I Never See These Cards On The Bay Or Anywhere Else So I Gave Up And Sold The Others In A Lot. It Was A Good Chance To Get "game Used" Cards Of Lesser Know Players As The Set Focused On Just A Few Teams. I Remember The Fisrt Card I Pulled Outta The Set Was A Daniel Santiago. Dont Ask!

tutall
07-23-2005, 01:37 AM
i personally like everything GU except GU Floors... i love the film cards as technically every card is a 1/1 as they will be the only one with that exact peice of filmstrip... i just like unique stuff

iversonfan1
07-31-2005, 04:37 PM
I Think They Should Bring Shoe Cards Back Those Are Nice Not Too Many Companies Do Shoe Cards Anymore

trampus
07-31-2005, 08:03 PM
All game used that aren't actually used by the player pictured are dumb in my book. I also think those Topps Piece of History or whatever cards are pretty stupid. Sure they book well and most sell for a bundle, but they don't really have anything to do with sports in my opinion and should have their own set. I've also grown rather tired of insert sets with more than 2-3 varieties. Do we really need 9-10 colors of Prestigious Pros?!

BlackDiam0nd66
07-31-2005, 09:42 PM
For Basketball the Floor and Film cards are the worst

For Baseball the Net and dirt cards are the worst

For Football the Stadium Relics and Pylon Cards are the worst

My favorite cards for GU are shoes and fielding gloves

Peace~
Rima

jvswerbo
08-18-2005, 02:50 AM
I bought a box of 2002 Fleer Legacy hockey. I got excited when I saw my Lemieux Board Certified card. After 10 seconds the high wore off when i said, "Wait, it's a piece of the boards." But at the end of the box I got my Mario - Auto - Stick card redemption. That made up for it :) Definatley my favorite card.