PDA

View Full Version : Hoops Hot Prospects Cards



radioheadfloyd
03-24-2003, 11:27 PM
I bought 12 packs of these cards and got 9 Inserts! 2 Game Used, 5 Supreme Court, and 2 Class of...

The Game Used were Baron Davis and Jared Jefferies
The best Supreme court was Gooden
Class of 02 Stoudamire/Gooden
Class of 96 Nash/Stojakovic

Plus 2 Kobes, 1 Jordan, 2 Garnett, 1 T-Mac, 2 Francis and some others.

These packs were great!

The one negative is the Baron card.. it seems there are 2 GU pieces in the little box area, seems as if one was ripped and they tried to patch it or something...??? I might contact them and see what they say about it... anyone experience this?

Anyways, I think you guys should check these packs out if you haven't already.

IggyWH
03-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by radioheadfloyd

The one negative is the Baron card.. it seems there are 2 GU pieces in the little box area, seems as if one was ripped and they tried to patch it or something...??? I might contact them and see what they say about it... anyone experience this?

Anyways, I think you guys should check these packs out if you haven't already.

Nice work... can we get a scan of that Davis to see what you mean? Also, how much do those packs run? I might have to make my way to a hobby store and pick up a few if the price is right.

radioheadfloyd
03-25-2003, 12:11 AM
3 dollars a pack, I did read that there were some variations on these packs though. The ones I got were 1:10 GU/Auto I think there are also some 1:3 and 1:1, but I did not see those and I am sure they would cost more $$$.

I am going to try to attach this scan. You can see how they messed it up!

IggyWH
03-25-2003, 12:25 AM
That's pretty interesting. I wonder if maybe that was done by Baron or the Hornets or something, like an alteration. That would be pretty phat then, but doubtful.

radioheadfloyd
03-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by IggyWH
That's pretty interesting. I wonder if maybe that was done by Baron or the Hornets or something, like an alteration. That would be pretty phat then, but doubtful.

haha, Never thought of that! It is pretty weird b/c there is a stitch, but couldn't the hornets afford to replace Baron's pants? Instead of repairing them. hahahaha

IggyWH
03-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
haha, Never thought of that! It is pretty weird b/c there is a stitch, but couldn't the hornets afford to replace Baron's pants? Instead of repairing them. hahahaha

If it was a tear in-game or something, they'd just throw a few quick stitches on it during a stoppage in play.

radioheadfloyd
03-25-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by IggyWH
If it was a tear in-game or something, they'd just throw a few quick stitches on it during a stoppage in play.

That would be sweet! Fleer should have stamped it like that and I would have a unique card!

leftyshan
03-26-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
I bought 12 packs of these cards and got 9 Inserts! 2 Game Used, 5 Supreme Court, and 2 Class of...

The Game Used were Baron Davis and Jared Jefferies
The best Supreme court was Gooden
Class of 02 Stoudamire/Gooden
Class of 96 Nash/Stojakovic

Plus 2 Kobes, 1 Jordan, 2 Garnett, 1 T-Mac, 2 Francis and some others.

These packs were great!

The one negative is the Baron card.. it seems there are 2 GU pieces in the little box area, seems as if one was ripped and they tried to patch it or something...??? I might contact them and see what they say about it... anyone experience this?

Anyways, I think you guys should check these packs out if you haven't already.
I bought a blaster box about 2 months ago on Ebay and received these inserts:Supreme Court (Boston Nachbar,Melvin Ely,Dajuan Wagner),Class of '94 (Glenn Robinson/Jason Kidd), Certified Cuts Auto (Kwame Brown) and I also received 1 Kobe and 1 Jordan. These cards are very nice.

stkmtimo
03-26-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm buying a blaster box today in hopes of a Future Swatch card. They're great cards. Even in a retail pack (only one) I pulled a Tracy McGrady Hot Materials Shorts card. I would contact them regarding the Baron, but it looks pretty interesting. Can you provide a scan for the other dual game used with Jared Jeffries - interested to see it. Thanks!

Tim

stkmtimo
03-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Just wondering if you could.

Thanks!

Tim

radioheadfloyd
03-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Sorry for no scan. I sent that card off with the Baron since it had some chipping. Thought might as well send in other recent fleer cards while I was at it! Ill see what happens.

stkmtimo
03-27-2003, 08:19 PM
No problem at all. Hope you get great new ones. Let us know, I'm interested to see what happens. Thanks - I also found that those cards chip easily (Hoops Hot Prospects).

Tim

Garycolemanx
03-31-2003, 03:33 AM
yeah I also notisced that those packs are hott, I bought 5 packs and got 3 inserts. Nothing fantastic but some good stuff, everybody should defitnaly check them out.

radioheadfloyd
06-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Over 9 weeks and no card back.... Come on Fleer! Just sent them an email telling them to hurry up!

gioperation
06-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
haha, Never thought of that! It is pretty weird b/c there is a stitch, but couldn't the hornets afford to replace Baron's pants? Instead of repairing them. hahahaha

then again you know players are superstitious so he might not wanted to get that uniform fixed he might have been having a string of good games...

hey do you want to trade this one...
Class of 02 Stoudamire/Gooden

radioheadfloyd
06-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by gioperation
then again you know players are superstitious so he might not wanted to get that uniform fixed he might have been having a string of good games...

hey do you want to trade this one...
Class of 02 Stoudamire/Gooden

I'll trade it.. what do you have?? :D I collect a lot of the Colorado players.

gioperation
06-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
I'll trade it.. what do you have?? :D I collect a lot of the Colorado players.

bv on the amare/gooden
2002-03 Hoops Hot Prospects Class Of 16 A.Stoudemire/D.Gooden $6.00 $15.00

bv on this helton
2002 Upper Deck Diamond Connection 420 Todd Helton DC Bat NM-MT Own 1 $15.00 $6.00 $15.00
#'d 405/775

here is a pic of the card

let me know if this works, so I can pull it off ebay before it get any bids

radioheadfloyd
06-05-2003, 06:13 PM
I will do that trade Gio. :biggrin:

gioperation
06-05-2003, 06:24 PM
ok cool.

I don't have your addy still, I will drop the card in the mail tommorrow, I will drop you a pm with mine, and hook me up with yours.

gio