PDA

View Full Version : I need some opinions on getting cards graded

swill300
09-13-2005, 04:37 AM
Ok, I want to send some cards in to be graded, but I have a few questions.
1. Being that it isnt cheap to send say 20-30 cards at once, what approx. BV would you want your cards to be in order to send them in realistically so you make a sale and profit. i.e. a $10 card probably wouldnt be worth it unless it was a rc I would think.
2. I saw another thread about how to pack the card so I guess I wont ask that then.
3. About how many cards do most of you send at once?
4. Does the actual value really go up if its not a 10 or 9.5?
5. Finally, what process do most of you use to wipe off fingerprints on chrome cards?

Thanks for responses in advance!!!!

Xspunge
09-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Go to SGC for card grading if you are trying to send in a lot of cards. They have bulk deals that are 5 bucks per card minimum of ten cards submitted. Check their specials. I think their site is sgcgrading.com or sgccard.com. Anyway you can google them to find out for sure. Also, It really won't help value if you get a 9 (per beckett or psa) or 94-98 through SGC. But if any of your cards gets an 8, 88 or lower then the value of that card will go down, especially on ebay because people don't want to spend money on a card in average condition. Also be careful when you rub fingerprints off cards cuz they will take off for any scratches. I personally will not send in cards to be graded anymore because I have found them to be wildly inconsistent with respects to grades, I have cards that graded really well and ones that didn't and in all cases I questioned their final score. Some cards shouldn't have gotten as high as they did and others got a lot lower than I anticipated. Bottom line is that consistency sucks since it comes down to personal judgement.

gopackgo
09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't know much about grading, but if your loooking for resale value go with BGS. They are worth a lot more when you get a 9.5 or a 10, but it is also a lot harder to get good grades. Like the card could be a PSA 10 and then get a BGS 8.5. BGS is also the most expensive.