PDA

View Full Version : 04/05 Skybox LE

RenegadeLonghorn
12-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Beckett has a regular card and a retail card listed for every player in the set. Does anyone know the difference between the retail version and hobby version? Also, the difference among the rookie cards. Are the retail rookies #'d? Thanks for you help.

2004-05 Skybox LE Tim Duncan 42
2004-05 Skybox LE Retail Tim Duncan 42

UltimoBullsFan197
12-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Beckett has a regular card and a retail card listed for every player in the set. Does anyone know the difference between the retail version and hobby version? Also, the difference among the rookie cards. Are the retail rookies #'d? Thanks for you help.

2004-05 Skybox LE Tim Duncan 42
2004-05 Skybox LE Retail Tim Duncan 42

Hobby is die cut retail is not. The good rookies are #ed /99 & the other rookies are #ed /499.

Hope that info helps.

RenegadeLonghorn
12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks Ultimo. I assume then the retail rookies are numbered but not die cut?

UltimoBullsFan197
12-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks Ultimo. I assume then the retail rookies are numbered but not die cut?

Thats correct. Retail is #ed as well but not die cut. Also they didnt make /499 retail & then /499 hobby the # is for the total between the two sets.

Just curious did you happen to pull any Artist Proof cards? I thought those were the lamest thing. Who wants an auto of the artist that made the card? Although they are #ed pretty low.

RenegadeLonghorn
12-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks again for the info. That helps me with some of my player collections. I find it really weird they would combine hobby and retail when producing the rookies.

I haven't pulled any myself, but I do own one Photographers Proof card from 03 Skybox football. I agree, its lame. I bought it cause it was cheap and #'d to 25 I think. These card companies like to put out as many parallels as possible lol.

UltimoBullsFan197
12-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks again for the info. That helps me with some of my player collections. I find it really weird they would combine hobby and retail when producing the rookies.

I haven't pulled any myself, but I do own one Photographers Proof card from 03 Skybox football. I agree, its lame. I bought it cause it was cheap and #'d to 25 I think. These card companies like to put out as many parallels as possible lol.

My husband pulled a Jrich out of 04-05 skybox LE we both laughed for days at it. Do you need any cards from that set I have about 3 boxes worth of it here?

RenegadeLonghorn
12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
I may need some cards. I have to go home and check to see if the ones I have are hobby or retail. Which do you have?

UltimoBullsFan197
12-02-2005, 03:58 PM
I may need some cards. I have to go home and check to see if the ones I have are hobby or retail. Which do you have?

Mine are all hobby. I like die cuts. Dont have to worry too much about centering with die cuts.