PDA

View Full Version : Okay, Who would you rather have on your team..Iverson or Kobe?

aug06
12-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Which do you think is the better player, Allen Iverson or Kobe Bryant, I voted for Iverson because he won me alot of cards recently plus he is more of a consistant scorer in my opinion, yeah Kobe went off for 62pts the other night but overall my vote is for AI...who is your vote?

Mike

TurdFerguson
12-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I voted for Kobe because I can't stand Iverson.

kobe847
12-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Kobe...hes very clutch and can do it all. there is no one who can creat his own shot at anytime and anywhere on the court with a solid chance of the shot going in. he makes the most unreal shots with ease. as for scoring..kobe can score whenever he wants (ai pretty much can too) and is a great defender. KOBE

golfermatt91
12-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Kobe can do it all dunk threes inside driving the lane, iverson has a little bit of trouble dunking, cant get over the big guys like kobe.

vikingfan101
12-24-2005, 02:57 PM
I guess, I wouldnt want either. Both all ball hogs. Iverson has an attitude, and Kobes ways led to the trading of Shaq. Id take Lebron.

LakersMC
12-24-2005, 05:01 PM
"Practice? Practice? We talkin' about practice."

I vote for Kobe.

Kobe12
12-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I voted for Kobe because he's definately way more reliable in the clutch thean AI and a better defender (not steals) but holding the opponent to less points and much more difficult shots than usual. As far as Kobe's actions leading to the trading of Shaq, I disagree, it was both Shaq and Kobe, besides, Shaq disputed with Hardaway then Kobe, and if it weren't for Riley I believe he'd be in a dispute with Wade sooner or later.

Bonds_25
12-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Kobe, both are great scorers but Kobe has shown how clutch he is in the playoffs. The guy hits big shot after big shot, no one else I'd rather go to in crunch time.

WilyWestbrook0
12-28-2005, 01:44 AM
Iverson. Kobe's great and has made great shots, but I'd rather have Iverson. He hasn't let off-the-court disagreements or distractions get in his way of the prize as much as Kobe has, even though Ivy's career has seen quite a share of controversy. His game and attitude toward it are always the same though, intense and focused. It would be interesting to see how he'd play on a team with Shaq since he's never had that in his career; the Sixers are still average right now. The best they ever were in AI's time was in 2000-01 but it wasn't enough to overcome an even better Lakers squad at the time.

stalking_WOLF_21
12-29-2005, 10:57 PM
WOW!i am shocked how many people picked kobe...iverson's the better player by far especially this year how he plays...kobe is a one man team...thats final...

Bonds_25
12-29-2005, 11:13 PM
On most nights Kobe has to be a one-man show considering the players he has surrounding him or the lack there of. Odom is the only legitimate scoring threat on the Lakers besides Kobe and he has never been able to find his game in LA.

tutall
if i was starting a team i would pick Kobe out of the two then trade him for someone who plays the game.. kobe is better trade bait and i wouldnt want either on my team

aram16
WoW.I am surprised to see that Kobe is winning...I would rather have Iverson by a long shot.He has a great heart and is a great team leader.And people can actually get along with him on a team and you don't see AI complaining like Kobe.I actually believe Kobe is a cancer...

aug06
12-30-2005, 12:18 AM
I am kinda surprised also..I think it is because more are Kobe fans and vote for him just for that fact and not on scoring. one on one AI has a better scoring average and since Shaq has been gone the Lakers havent been the same, I still have to go with AI

Bonds_25
12-30-2005, 12:40 AM
since Shaq has been gone the Lakers havent been the same, I still have to go with AI

The situation would be the same had Kobe left and Shaq stayed. The point is they don't have the talent surrounding Kobe to even consider a championship. AI has a solid core around him with CWebb, Iguodala, Korver, and even Dalembert. Kobe has Odom and a bunch of role players yet the Lakers and Sixers have the same record.

tutall
12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
im really not too sure iverson has that mch better of a supporting cast. C-Webb is old and has lost a few steps. Iguodala is very very athletic but really doesnt put up any great numbers. Korver is a solid three point threat but cant create a shot or anything. dalembert is solid defensively but kobe has mihm which is comparable to dalembert, webber and odom are about equal, smush parker has stepped up this season very nicely, luke walton is a decent fit on the wing, brian cook brings some athleticism and scoring ability. Kobe also has a far superior coach

WilyWestbrook0
12-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Agreed. I don't think either has much of an advantage when it comes to a supporting cast.

Kobe12
12-30-2005, 02:46 AM
I agree with that, but I also believe that the Lakers have a better team, and the reason...Kobe

lazer128
12-30-2005, 03:01 AM
i'd say Kobe..

aram16
12-30-2005, 03:36 AM
I really disagree on the Lakers having a better team..I'd rather take AI,Webber.Korver and Dalambert over Kobe,Parker,Odom and...______ any day.AI has better D,can score more consistent,passes and is a play makes.Enough Said

tutall
12-30-2005, 04:18 AM
i never said they have a better team i was just saying it isnt a huge difference in teams. They both lack talent at 3 positions

Kobe12
12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
EDIT: messed up

Kobe12
12-30-2005, 03:07 PM
I really disagree on the Lakers having a better team..I'd rather take AI,Webber.Korver and Dalambert over Kobe,Parker,Odom and...______ any day.AI has better D,can score more consistent,passes and is a play makes.Enough Said

The reason I would take the Lakers is because I think they are better, lol, but also because they have more potential than the Sixers. The Lakers, with McKie on the injured list, are the Second Youngest team in the NBA. Chris Mihm has been playing well lately, he just needs to stay out of foul trouble (To fill in the blank) and they also have an excellent young defender/outside shooter in Sasha Vujacic who plays the game with intensity.

Also, Kobe has much better defense than AI, im not talking about steals, I'm talking about holding making your oponent take much more difficult shots and holding them to much less points than they average. Kobe has made the All-NBA Defensive first team like 3 out of the last 4 years.

kobe847
12-31-2005, 02:20 PM

haha thats why kobes on the all nba D team . so yeah ai deff has better D? funny

aug06
12-31-2005, 02:42 PM
I think Kobe has a bigger fan base being in LA, I admit I really dont know much about basketball, but if Kobe played for the Grizzlies or a team like that do you think he would get as much publicity as he does in LA, plus at least AI dont get suspended for hitting other players..;)..just kidding

EB31
12-31-2005, 03:48 PM
I vote: Neither. 1 is a consumate crybaby and the other is a ghetto thug. Neither know how to lead a team. Both are selfish and arrogant.

I guarantee I could put together a team of hard working, dedicated players that know the concept of team work....a team that could actually win a championship without the name Iverson or Bryant in the lineup.

aram16
01-01-2006, 04:19 AM
You couldn't be more wrong.First about AI being a ghetto thug...whats color and how you dress have to do with basketball.leave the dress thing out of this.AI can't lead a team HA...he's lead the team to the finals all by himself and he's been leading the Sixers to the playoffs for the past 5 years.GOD,lol,AI is maybe the best leader in the league aside from Nash.And AI does have better defense.He' plays the passing lane as well as anyone and always gives you a 100 percent and is a warrior.And no way do the Lakers have more potential.Vujacic isnt going to get much better and Bynum will be a bust like Kwame.Kobe is at the top of his game.The Sixers have Dalambert who is going to be a super star in the league and Andre Iguodala will too.Korver is still getting better and Louis Williams will be a good player too.

EB31
01-01-2006, 04:24 AM
The phrase "Ghetto thug" has nothing to do with dress...and most certainly has 0 to do with the color of his skin.

It has EVERYTHING to do with his attitude.

aram16
01-01-2006, 05:25 AM
Whats wrong with his attitude or are you just trying to make this an argument.He has a great attitude and is a great leader.And I even remeber at an all star game his friends mother died the day before and after the game in a press conference instead of bragging about his game he was talking about how he did it for his friends mother.So I think this is about what he wears.

EB31
01-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Yea, I'm sorry. I was completely out of line....where is my head these days. Bringing a gun to practice to shoot anyone that looks at or sits near his wife and telling the press that he doesn't need...

aram16
01-01-2006, 08:04 AM
OMG,You wasted alot of time there bc i dont care what happens in his personal life...it has NOTHING to do with basketball,look....I am talking about on the basketball court have those charges ever...

aram16
01-01-2006, 08:05 AM
We've got such a young team that their (Duncan and Iverson) leadership is vital. Those two guys are great leaders," said USA head coach Larry Brown. "They were with us in Puerto Rico (at the 2003 FIBA Americas Olympic Qualifying Tournament). The team played as a team and they had a lot to do with it. I think with so many young kids that need some direction, it's good to have veterans like them to set the tone

And if Allen Iverson was that selfish I don't think one of the greatest coaches of all time would make that statement and there is no need to argue or make this a fight.We're all human and we can speak normally.

aram16
01-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Allen Iverson will get into the NBA's top 50 and I beleive Kobe will not.

TheTGB
01-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Tim Duncan is probably the best leader in the NBA no doubt. I wouldn't call AI that great of a leader just because of his attitude.

EB31
01-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Tim Duncan is probably the best leader in the NBA no doubt. I wouldn't call AI that great of a leader just because of his attitude.

My point exactly. And I agree...Duncan is a A++ leader. He quietly puts up great numbers and gets on his teammate when it's needed. He makes the starters and the role players around him better.

Same reason why I like Shaq. He puts up solid numbers sure...but most importantly he seems to be a great teammate and a good leader. He took Kobe under his wing and now he has done the same for Wade. Sure he might run his mouth with the media...but 99.9% of it is in good fun...the media loves the guy...as do most people. I think he's hysterical when he's in front of the camera. From what we see/read/hear he is a solid role model on and off the court.

Funny thing is, I'm not even a fan of Shaqs lol I just call it like I see it.

TheTGB
01-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Plus with Shaq, you have to admire him working as a police officer in Miami in the offseason. What a great way to give back to the community.

EB31
01-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Plus with Shaq, you have to admire him working as a police officer in Miami in the offseason. What a great way to give back to the community.

Exactly. I loved reading about that. Seems to me that he just might be gearing up for a run at Mayor of Miami one day :) I hope so, that would be great.

aram16
01-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Lol spoodini,I simply love your posts lol hahahahah.Keep posting more...you make great points that many people tend to forget.And thanks for helping me out earlier.

TheTGB
01-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Mayor Shaq...only if he brings Miami a NBA Championship :) But that would be something, it would be more popular than when Jesse "The Body" Ventura became governor of Minnesota.

No prob aram.

EB31
01-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Very true lol

The best part is that Shag actually could become Mayor after his NBA days are over....no criminal record (unlike some other basketball player that I won't mention).

aram16
01-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Ya,if he doesn't bring Miami a championship I personally believe people will be dissapointed and will think his stop in Miami was a failure and it would turn into a popularity contest lol...and he'd prolly try to make a Shaq day to honor him for his nba days...jk about that part.

aram16
01-01-2006, 09:09 AM
yes,Shaq could become mayor and that would be crazy if Shaq becomes mayor of Miami and Kobe mayor of LA hahahahahahh

TheTGB
01-01-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't think they will think his stop in Miami was a failure. I think they would think that the owners/people who work out trades and deals would be given all the blame, not Shaq.

aram16
01-01-2006, 09:11 AM
You have to admit though,Shaq hasn't played like we all expected him to play the last two seasons?He has missed much time with injury and he isn't as dominating as he used to be,i know the age thing may be a problem.

TheTGB
01-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Last year he did better in Miami than his last year in LA. He has also been playing less minutes over the past few seasons.

Also you have to recognize the defenses Shaq has had to play against. The "Hack a Shaq" defenses are still going strong and people are always fouling him, whether called or not. He is getting less looks because everyone drops down low on him. 2 or 3 people defending him and he has to pass the ball back out or get fouled. That happened to me when I played High School basketball and it's hard to play like that. (I am 6'9")

aram16
01-01-2006, 09:20 AM
WOW,YOU ARE 6'9

WOW WOW WOW WOW

how did you become that tall??gimme some tips?lol

aram16
01-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Now I want to know this...who would you rather have on your team.Paul Pierce or Ray Allen?

I take Pierce bc he can do it all including his rebounding game which has become fantastic!

tutall
01-01-2006, 11:07 AM
first off spoodini is right about it being tough to play against double and triple teams. I had to face that my senior year because we had no shooters on our team so everyone could drop down. It takes a lot of energy just to get the ball out of your hands in those situations.

second on your question between paul pierce and ray allen. They always say dont take a shooter to build your team around. If his shot ever fails him he is in some trouble because he cant get to the rim whenever he wants and dominate inside. Pierce can do it all. I like allens attitude better though so i could deal with either of them.... remember, paul pierce isnt great at getting his team to the playoffs

TheTGB
01-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Honestly, I would take Ray Allen just because he played for UCONN and I met him. Such a nice guy. I'd want Allen taking the shot at the buzzer though.

aram16
01-01-2006, 11:32 AM
huy,spoodini,how did you get soo tall?I need to learn...did you do any special routines.??

TheTGB
01-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Um, no? lol I know I drank alot of milk as a kid...

aram16
01-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Dang,I always knew MILK makes you taller and its not only bone strenghting...thanks

Bonds_25
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Shooter or not I'd still have to take Ray Allen. Probably has the purest shot in the NBA, and as many have mentioned a good guy that can lead a team.

aram16
01-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Peja has the purest shot in the NBA...but Ray Allen is up there.

Bonds_25
01-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Peja has the purest shot in the NBA...but Ray Allen is up there.

Trust me, I'm a Kings fan and watch Peja every game and can't stand him. He's constantly out with injuries which most players would play with. When he is on he can definitely shoot with anyone but very inconsistent. He'll have a lot of big games then fall into a rut with his shot.

aram16
01-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I agree that Ray Allen is a better player then Peja I am just saying that Peja's release is a beauty.