PDA

View Full Version : Kobe = PUNK thoughts of kobe vs mike miller

tutall
12-30-2005, 01:24 AM
after seeing his quotes on his forearm to the face on miller i have completely lost respect for him. He flagrently jacked another man in the face and is proud of it. Sure miller hit first but that was on a shot with a flaling arm. Miller had already passed the ball and was completly defenseless... i have no problem with rough play as i grew up in indiana where it is expected but that is ridiculous. At least put on a fake smile and apologize like you did when you cheated on your wife and ran shaq out of town.

any thoughts?

Bonds_25
12-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Nothing unusual...happens all the time in sports. In baseball you see beanball wars, in hockey you see retaliatory hits/fights, in football you see personal fouls, and in basketball you see the flagrant fouls. When you're in the heat of competition things like that happen, I'd rather him be honest about it then act as if their were no intent.

tutall
12-30-2005, 01:46 AM
this is a little different... if you were watching the game he was taking cheap shots all night with the intent to hurt someone. It was not just a simple act he intentionally stuck out his forearm to nail miller in the face.

Kobe12
12-30-2005, 02:40 AM
He just wanted to get back at Miller just like Wade got back at Kobe on Christmas with that Intentional elbow after Kobe accidentally hit him on the face (flagrant on Wade). When Kobe taking cheap shots ALL NIGHT? I watched the game and that foul on Miller was the only foul he intentionally commited, this kind of stuff happens all the time in sports.

dodger23
12-30-2005, 09:57 AM
I almost think that it was good in the sense that he isn't letting himself get pushed around. I think this happens a lot to Kobe, players trying to muscle him around and such and getting away with it. I agree with the honesty thing - he was called for a flagrant foul, which by definition is intentional, so at least he's being straight up about it instead of acting like it was an accident. I never really condone violence, but I can understand why he did what he did.

EB31
12-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Perfect topic title. Kobe is a punk and a little cry baby. I put him on my "Biggest Loser" list a long time ago.

So far my list consists of:

1) Barry Bonds
2) Allen Iverson
3) Kobe Bryant
4) Mark Gastineau
5) Jim Gray - News Reporter

Kobe12
12-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Perfect topic title. Kobe is a punk and a little cry baby. I put him on my "Biggest Loser" list a long time ago.

So far my list consists of:

1) Barry Bonds
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Mark Gastineau
4) Jim Gray - News Reporter

lol, that's pretty funny, but i still dont think Kobe is a punk, lol.

EB31
12-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Wasn't meant to be funny at all. All on that list are losers and pathetic punks.

2FarGone
12-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Word from ESPN is that he has been suspened for 2 games...

Kobe12
12-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Both of the games are against Utah, they'll split now that Kobe is gone

gopackgo
12-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Kobe=itiot

period

stalking_WOLF_21
12-30-2005, 10:52 PM
kobe is a girl...i can't wait for some one to kick his butt...he's a great basketball player don't get me wrong but his ego and pride make his game horrid...he's the TO of basketball

Kobe12
12-30-2005, 10:55 PM
IMO, most of you guys have very liitle basis to your comments and are just prejudice against Kobe ever since Shaq left.

EB31
12-30-2005, 11:31 PM
IMO, most of you guys have very liitle basis to your comments and are just prejudice against Kobe ever since Shaq left.

LOL No basis? how about Kobe's mouth?

Wait.......

Let's not forget his actions also.

So yea, I think what he says and what he does are basis enough for anyone to form an opinion. No need to be upset just because 99.9% of the people commenting here agree that Kobe is a selfish, whiny, crybaby punk.

Ohhh....that got me to thinkin'....I have to add another to my list.

This does not reflect on you as a collector or fan of Kobe. And unless you are a direct relative of his, I really don't see the common sense in running to his defense on a message board.

There are hundreds, thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people who think Delmon Young is an immature little brat. DO I care? LOL Not in the least. Is he? He could be, I don't know him. But his mouth to the media has made it look like he is.

Same as Kobe...his mouth to the media, front office, etc makes him out to be a punk. "My team.." I believe he once said lol Well ok Jesus...ugghh, I mean Kobe.

When you play yourself like a fool, get caught acting like a fool....you can't stop people from think you're a fool.....I am sure Kobe knows this first hand.

new8403
12-31-2005, 01:00 AM
Kobe is scum. He's a good player, I'll admit it, but he's scum, IMO anyway.

I think he should have got suspended for about 10 games and fined about $75,000. You don't come at someone like that and act like it's an accident.

Hell, it's Hollywood, I think he needs to take some acting lessons.

Kobe12
12-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Kobe is scum. He's a good player, I'll admit it, but he's scum, IMO anyway.

I think he should have got suspended for about 10 games and fined about $75,000. You don't come at someone like that and act like it's an accident.

Hell, it's Hollywood, I think he needs to take some acting lessons.

He was fined $290,000

new8403
12-31-2005, 01:07 AM
Should have been $75,000 on top of that. Plus he should have had to buy Mike Miller a $4,000,000 ring, he got away with something else by doing that.

TheTGB
12-31-2005, 03:58 AM
LOL You think most people don't like Kobe because Shaq left? Most people who don't like Kobe now, never liked Kobe in the first place....

Like me.

aram16
12-31-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't like Kobe but I sure respect how hes handling the Lakers.They are a new team with Parkers resurgence.BTW,great thread.

KingJames
12-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Kobe12 for defending Kobe and us Kobe fans. Kobe is my favorite player and I don't ditch him through anythin unlike you guys. He entertains a lot and once in a long time, something like this happens but he's a great player. So...just get off Kobe's case and become his fans!!! LOL

new8403
12-31-2005, 11:28 AM
I've never liked Kobe and never will, especially after he cheated on his wife and bought her off.

EB31
12-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Let's get one thing straight......

Kobe is a "good" player, not a "great" player.

Good players can shoot, can score, can run up and down the court. Good players can dunk, make ESPN's highlight reel and make flashy plays. Kobe can do all of this, thus making him a "good" player.

A GREAT player.....well, a great player makes others around him better while doing all of the above. A great player inspires his teammates to be the best they can be. A great player has the respect of his fans, his teammates, his coaching staff, the media and the public in general. And that is what will keep Kobe from ever being a "great" player.

The great ones build dynasties, they don't tear them apart.

Kobe12
12-31-2005, 05:12 PM
LOL You think most people don't like Kobe because Shaq left? Most people who don't like Kobe now, never liked Kobe in the first place....

Like me.

Yeah you're right...the bottom line is either you like Kobe...or you dont.

htwheelz01
12-31-2005, 06:21 PM
I agree you like him or you don't like him. Kobe is a great player and I respect that.

Bonds_25
12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't like Kobe but I'm not blind to the fact that he is one of the best players in the NBA, you could make an argument he is the best player in the NBA right now but I'm not going there. Too many candidates to even start debating that.

KingJames
12-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Totally agree...you either like Kobe or don't.