PDA

View Full Version : A steal in my opinion..

newcombe
08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Your thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190708426032?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

warriorsmi
08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
very solid price. Is it going to be PC or will it be available?

newcombe
08-02-2012, 03:18 PM
very solid price. Is it going to be PC or will it be available?

It is a PC item. I have considered trying to build the set since many can be had at decent prices.

palantri
08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
dunno about steal, but a great pickup- nows about the worse time to be buying them though- ive pretty much halted my pursuit of olympians for 3-4 months until the hype dies down a bit

nice card though, shes on my list to pick up as well

newcombe
08-02-2012, 04:33 PM
dunno about steal, but a great pickup- nows about the worse time to be buying them though- ive pretty much halted my pursuit of olympians for 3-4 months until the hype dies down a bit

nice card though, shes on my list to pick up as well

I know she didn't win the individual all-around gold, but she did win a team gold. I think she and Jordyn Weiber are dang good athletes. Gabby Douglas is no slouch either (winning the all-around), but the other two seem to make fewer mistakes. Going forward, it could be a pretty good investment, next to my Missy Franklin auto. I also picked up a Phil Dalhausser auto for $12 this morning which could be a steal come next week.

palantri
08-02-2012, 05:08 PM
only if ya sell them- within 6 months all the olympic stuff (except the real big names) will die back down- I saw it back in 08 when i was starting the PC and I expect it again

newcombe
08-02-2012, 05:10 PM
only if ya sell them- within 6 months all the olympic stuff (except the real big names) will die back down- I saw it back in 08 when i was starting the PC and I expect it again

Other than this year, has there been a set that was committed solely to the Olympics like Topps has done? It has been such a hit, I expect it will become a 4 year (maybe even 2 year) tradition due to the succes of the set. It will cool down, but I believe prospectors will buy up the athletes that are still young and have high potential for Rio.