PDA

View Full Version : bad for celtics

bbplaya
01-27-2006, 12:08 AM
what do you think about the celtics/timberwolves trade

tutall
01-27-2006, 12:41 AM
i dont really think it helped or harmed either team... I think wally was finally turning it on in minnesota but they arent winning like they should be... I also think garnett needs a pure shooter to compliment him and the closest they got was banks who shoots around 30 percent... not good enough IMO. the wolves also aquired a second round pick from phoenix for Nikoloz Tskitishvili so i dont know what they are trying to do but maybe try to clear cap room for a free agent... this years draft really wont be that deep i dont think to want a lot of picks...

i just dont think it really helps either team

tutall
01-27-2006, 12:42 AM
here is the trade also

Minnesota acquires Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks, Justin Reed and two second-round draft picks from Boston for Wally Szczerbiak, Michael Olowokandi, Dwayne Jones and a conditional future first-round draft pick.

garyg21
01-27-2006, 12:52 AM
I liked the trade for the wolves.. except giving up the 1st for 2 2nds

vikingfan101
01-27-2006, 12:56 AM
I think its a horrible trade for Minnesota. Wally is the biggest fan favorite they have, probably even more than Garnett. I think that the shake up may do each team well, but Im sure the fans wont be happy in Minnesota. They shoulda got Paul Pierce.

BravesFan4Life
01-27-2006, 02:02 AM
Pierce is beyond the level of Wally World sorry to say, he is and has been the franchise player for the Celts much like KG for the Wolves. only way the Wolves were getting pierce is if KG went and they got pierce plus a couple others(KG is better than Pierce IMO and most other people's opinions). This trade i think was just to shake things up a bit, Kandi Man is as is Blount so trading crap for crap. Davis and Wally are similar stat wise so no biggie. Reed, Jones are toss ins. Banks is the wild card if he can turn it around they might have a PG and the picks welp who knows what they will turn into.

pats1fan
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
They didn't get pierce.......

stalking_WOLF_21
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
both teams needed to make a trade...maybe wally may do better with pierce in boston and maybe ricky davis with his exsplosive play may go well with kg...i also think getting marcus banks is good for the wolves they need a pg and maybe he can do a better jop than banks

RenegadeLonghorn
01-27-2006, 04:49 PM
If I had to pick a "winner" then I would go with the Wolves. Goth some youth in Reed and Banks (i think).

sheefo13
01-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I think its a horrible trade for Minnesota. Wally is the biggest fan favorite they have, probably even more than Garnett. I think that the shake up may do each team well, but Im sure the fans wont be happy in Minnesota. They shoulda got Paul Pierce.

There plenty of fans in Minny who have always wanted to move Wally's huge contract. People like Garnett much more pal.

Anyways, I think wolves got the best of this deal because they will be able to play those 4 players this season... They got younger... They also have more flexibility to trade... You can not say that about the celtcs in this one.