PDA

View Full Version : Well, its official, Stevie Franchise to NY

swill300
02-22-2006, 05:01 PM
So what does anyone think will happen to his cards now that he is coming to NY?? Also what about Trevor Ariza's stuff? And these days no one cares about Penny's stuff so why ask.

vikingfan101
02-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Well, the Knicks are just dumb. That team is full of superstars, and they still suck!

swill300
02-22-2006, 05:17 PM
I hate to agree since I am a die hard Knick fan, but maybe Isiah has something up his sleeve for KG?????? Anyone else would be silly with the band of shooters they have now. Just not enough shots to go around. If they can trade for KG, he might avg. 25 boards with those stiffs.

vikingfan101
02-22-2006, 05:22 PM
I mean, someones gonna want out now. They have starters for some other teams, on there bench. Nate could start , Quentin just sucks on the Knicks, etc.

joe_litigator
02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I live in NYC and think the best move the Knicks can make is to get rid of Isiah Thomas! Hardway is no big loss but Ariza will develop into a very good player. At least he didn't trade any of the young guys -- yet.

WilyWestbrook0
02-22-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't think this is good for either team. Francis and Marbury are two of the most immature stars with great talent you can find; Larry Brown will have a time trying to teach them to play the right way. Orlando really didn't get much in return for Stevie; I may not like his game but he does put up good numbers and there is no way a washed-up Penny can do what he used to do. I always hear about Ariza's potential, but he's nowhere near that, at least yet. As for Isiah, there's really no debating that he lacks insight, reason, and analytic ability to embarrassing degrees.

kittykatlynn
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Well the Magic were got Penny becuase he has an expiring contract, and next years summer they are planning on signing some1 big becuase Grant Hill's contract will expire 2.

I'm a die hard fan of the Magic the Knicks r my 2nd & I think they both got good things out of the trade

LeChuck
02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Francis' cards will probably stay where they are at. I don't see him doing anything special in NY outside of what he normally does. The loser for the Knicks in this trade has to be Nate Robinson. Between Francis, Marbury, Rose, and Crawford there's not going to be any minutes left at the guard spot for him.

Ariza's cards will probably stay idle as well. They definitely won't get any worse, but I don't think he will have a significant increase in his minutes to make the sort of impact that would drive his cards up.

As for the trade itself, I think it's another stupid move on the part of Isiah. You have a $100+ million dollar payroll and the second worst record in the league. It's obvious that the strategy of amassing as much talent as possible without any regard to the needs of the team is a strategy that is not working and costing them a fortune. Yet there they are adding another $48 million (plus luxury tax) to the payroll for the next three years for a guy they don't even need. Sure, this trade may give them a couple extra wins they might not have gotten this year and beyond, but at the end of the day they still suck with apparently no end in sight. I can't believe Isiah hasn't been fired yet with how bad he's messed that team up and now continues to mess it up.

Then again, as a Bulls fan, I hope Isiah keeps his job at least through next year and continues the great work he's been doing.

swill300
02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Isiah should trade Q-Rich and Crawford + next 2 years draft picks to Minnesota for KG. That's first!! Second move is Nate Robinson to the point and Stephon to the off guard, Francis to small forward( maybe too small), and dump off some more salary in Jalen Rose to Denver for Kenyon Martin. I don't think Denver needs Rose again, and for that matter these trades won't come off anyway, but wishful thinking. If they trade Frye, I just might fall over and die on the spot. However to get KG it may have to be done.

WilyWestbrook0
02-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Isiah should trade Q-Rich and Crawford + next 2 years draft picks to Minnesota for KG.

If Minnesota does that, I will be incensed. MN is my state of birth and I don't want the Timberwolves to become extinct ..

joe_litigator
02-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I've seen Nate Robinson play at MSG a couple of times this year and once at an open practice. I don't see what all the excitement about him is. While I think its great that someone of his size made it to the NBA, he really does not help the team. I've seen him try to drive on numerous occassions and pull up or pass off at the last second because he knew he wasn't getting to the basket. His size is simply a detriment. As for his dunking ability, he missed more than he made during the open practice and therefore I was shocked he made his dunks during the All-Star weekend. I have never seen him dunk in a game. Bottom line, the Knicks don't need him.

stalking_WOLF_21
02-22-2006, 10:16 PM
the knicks will hopefully move some of the many guards they have
francis, marbury, crawford,robinson..... they are all pretty good especially marbury and francis and it'll be hard for the knicks to use all of the talents and protential. The knicks can't seem to get the right bunch of guys...hopefully this trade will do something good for them but i am doubtful

TurdFerguson
02-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Please keep the conversations to the cards as the original post asks for as a few people have done. If you want to discuss how this trade will affect the team involved then please start a thread in the Pro Sports Basketball Forum.

stalking_WOLF_21
02-22-2006, 10:58 PM
sorry Rick i've been starting convo's there but no one goes to the basketball forum