PDA

View Full Version : tim duncan

stalking_WOLF_21
02-28-2006, 10:20 PM
i dunno why but i don't see him being so superstarish this year...he's putting up good numbers but he just seems to have so many more ba games...is it just me or is duncan having a semi bad year?

andrewcstein
02-28-2006, 11:06 PM
wait for it...

Pop said he wanted to make sure Duncan was fully rested for the playoffs. I think he's got so much less responsibility with Parker playing so well, and with Finley picking up the slack, I just think Duncan hasn't had to put up the big numbers....yet

(I wish I'd thought of this when I drafted him in the first round).

Bonds_25
02-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Thing with the Spurs is they don't need Duncan to be dominant, at least not in the regular season. Such a complete team that one player rarely stands out in their box scores. Obviously, Duncan is the franchise guy but he has a lot of support with Parker, Ginobili, Finley, etc.

stalking_WOLF_21
03-01-2006, 10:25 AM
he does have alot of support maybe he only plays when they need him or something...kinda weird seeing him have 14point and 9rebounds...it just is akward

RenegadeLonghorn
03-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Duncan has an injury that has bothered him all year. Some sort of foot problem. He's averaging 35.5 minutes a game which is the second lowest of his career. He is only taking 15.3 shots a game which is is lowest of his career. His FG% is also at a career low. Plus, Tony Parker has emerged as an all-star and the Spurs are a deeper team this year. They have three players 6-11 or taller. Because of all that, his PPG are down. He's still rebounding and playing defense consistently.

LakersMC
03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't want to stray too far off topic. But is Robert Horry hurt? I never see his name in the box scores.

I also agree that Timmy doesn't have to do as much now that Parker is blowin' up this yr.

RenegadeLonghorn
03-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Robert Horry was hurt. Abdominal strain and hip problem. He came back for last nights important game.

netsthebest678
07-20-2006, 01:45 PM
i think hes trying to pass the ball more to manu and tony