PDA

View Full Version : Now the Republicans are ruining the fiscal cliff deal.. I HATE the Tea Party!!!!!

Imac7065
01-01-2013, 08:15 PM
No matter what happens at this point.. the minority 15% of this country is attempting to play a "its my way or go to he11" move. By amending the bill that passed the Senate by a 89-8 majority... these nut jobs are doing nothing more than giving a middle finger to the entire country...

On unemployment? The tea party hates you

On Social Security? The tea party hates you

Get a government pay check? The tea party hates you

Invest in the Stock Market? The tea party hates you

Depend on food stamps, welfare, or disability? The tea party REALLY hates you

These idiots need to learn that COMPROMISE is not a dirty word.. and remember THEY LOST THE ELECTION. Playing this game is KILLING US!!!!

stlcardinalsfan
01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
harry reid.

Imac7065
01-01-2013, 09:09 PM
harry reid.

Harry Reid was replaced by Joe Biden a week ago.. and the bill passed the senate 89-8... what are you saying here? lol

Luckily the tea partiers were told to back down and the vote is SUPPOSED to happen in the next hour or so.

stlcardinalsfan
01-01-2013, 09:53 PM
would have been passed a long time ago if reid wasnt in there

Imac7065
01-01-2013, 09:58 PM
would have been passed a long time ago if reid wasnt in there

Again.. what does that have to do with... anything? Reid stepped aside and a deal was done by Joe Biden and Mitch McConnell.. it was the Republican CONGRESS that is screwing with things now.

What you are saying is like blaming a 3rd quarter punt for a 20 point loss in a football game lol

pghin08
01-01-2013, 10:17 PM
My gut says the house will pass it. Though admittedly, my gut told me that I wanted pork AND kielbasa for dinner tonight, so it doesn't always make the best choice.

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 12:01 AM
This is a farce. It does nothing on the spending side and does not address the root of the problem. These *edited* are simply voting to tax children and generations of the unborn so they can deficit spend another trillion dollars this year.

It is downright criminal for the Federal Government to continue spending future revenue to hand out goodies now. Either convince the American people to raise their taxes significantly or cut the spending.

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Hey Rich people......change is coming!

Enjoy your new tax rates.....the rest of us have ZERO sympathy for you!

indexed
01-02-2013, 12:04 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its the people making between 65k-250k that need to shut up and put their money where there mouth is. Not people contributing to the system while creating wealth and JOBS.

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its the people making between 65k-250k that need to shut up and put their money where there mouth is. Not people contributing to the system while creating wealth and JOBS.
lololol, "contributing to the system".....thanks for the great laugh.

Like the people that do nothing but "play with money" on wall street, they contribute so much, amirite?

Or the people who get rich off the misery of others....

Or the corporations that get billions in profits while the lowly slaves.....errr, I mean "employees" still get minimum wages.

indexed
01-02-2013, 12:12 AM
lololol, "contributing to the system".....thanks for the great laugh.

Like the people that do nothing but "play with money" on wall street, they contribute so much, amirite?

Or the people who get rich off the misery of others....

Or the corporations that get billions in profits while the lowly slaves.....errr, I mean "employees" still get minimum wages.

man please class warfare is that all you can do?

someone wake me up when this guy learns how to talk economics and not like a politician.

Small bushiness create the majority of the work in this country. They are the ones suffering.

Like I said put you money where you mouth is. Hillary has a brain tumor so your theory of her being president in 2016 is down the tubes. Cant run Reid or Pelosi so your party will go down the toilet. Kiss it goodbye and enjoy it while it lasts.

Imac7065
01-02-2013, 12:16 AM
To those screaming "cut the spending"... are you aware that post 2009 (IE bailouts, stimulus etc etc) Obama Is the LEAST spending president in US History? Are you people aware that because of the DECREASE in spending the national trade deficit (something seemingly ignored since bush destroyed it) has gone down 400-500 billion dollars?

How about turning off fox news for a minute and doing a little research right wingers.

BTW... over 150 republicans voted against the bill tonight... way to go "government of the people".. the majority voted to increase taxes on every US Citizen.. keep it up fellas. Protect that 1%

Imac7065
01-02-2013, 12:19 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

in 2011 Mitt Romney made over 22 million dollars and paid half the tax % of someone making 30-100k.... meanwhile he was technically "unemployed". What jobs did he create there? His house keepers? Butlers? Vallets?

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 12:22 AM
BTW... over 150 republicans voted against the bill tonight... way to go "government of the people".. the majority voted to increase taxes on every US Citizen.. keep it up fellas. Protect that 1%
The GOP are like Samuel L. Jackson's character in Django Unchained.

They're SUPPOSED to be on our side (the American people), but they have sold their souls to the rich and will protect them no matter what.

Of the people, by the people, FOR the people!

NOT corporations, NOT the 1%, NOT greed, NOT for self interests......FOR US!!!

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 12:29 AM
To those screaming "cut the spending"... are you aware that post 2009 (IE bailouts, stimulus etc etc) Obama Is the LEAST spending president in US History? Are you people aware that because of the DECREASE in spending the national trade deficit (something seemingly ignored since bush destroyed it) has gone down 400-500 billion dollars?

How about turning off fox news for a minute and doing a little research right wingers.

Not sure what to say if you think the Federal Government is doing a good job controlling spending. After all, they have to borrow over $1,000,000,000,000 per year just to cover all of the spending they are doing.

Imac7065
01-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Not sure what to say if you think the Federal Government is doing a good job controlling spending. After all, they have to borrow over $1,000,000,000,000 per year just to cover all of the spending they are doing.

It was spending BY GEORGE W BUSH!!! Not Barack Obama lol.. it infuriates me that people blame Obama for this mess. When Obama took office TARP was in full swing because the country was in collapse. The Stimulus was 100% in response to this as well.

You can blame Obama for Cash For Clunkers (something that was successful)
You can blame Obama for the housing tax credit (something that was successful)
You can blame Obama for Obamacare (not even in place yet)
You can blame Obama for some of the congressional stalemates (He should have bulldozed the republicans when he had the chance)

You CANNOT blame him for the deficit or debt we currently have. He did not create this debt.. he has spent his ENTIRE PRESIDENCY trying to fix the problems of Bush.....Now you will roll your eyes and feed me the BS fox says "how can you stil blame bush"... blah blah.

Imac7065
01-02-2013, 12:39 AM
It was spending BY GEORGE W BUSH!!! Not Barack Obama lol.. it infuriates me that people blame Obama for this mess. When Obama took office TARP was in full swing because the country was in collapse. The Stimulus was 100% in response to this as well.

You can blame Obama for Cash For Clunkers (something that was successful)
You can blame Obama for the housing tax credit (something that was successful)
You can blame Obama for Obamacare (not even in place yet)
You can blame Obama for some of the congressional stalemates (He should have bulldozed the republicans when he had the chance)

You CANNOT blame him for the deficit or debt we currently have. He did not create this debt.. he has spent his ENTIRE PRESIDENCY trying to fix the problems of Bush.....Now you will roll your eyes and feed me the BS fox says "how can you stil blame bush"... blah blah.

Just to pre empt you though.... the deficit was 1.67 trillion when Obama took office.. it's just over 1 trillion today. It was PLUS 450 billion the day Bush took office

The debt has gone up because of TARP and "QE" (Quantitative Easing)... the Stimulus was only around 700 billion and almost 400 billion has already been paid back.

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 01:07 AM
I've said nothing about the President and focused on spending as the problem, but since you seem inclined to try and give the President a free pass, a few notes.

1) Senator Obama voted for and approved of the deficit spending you attribute solely to Bush.

2) Throw out 2009 and the Federal Government still deficit spent over $1 trillion in 2010, 2011, and 2012. This is good to you? It should be $0.

3) I believe that President Obama is fully behind the QE program, but if you have information to the contrary, I'd be interested in looking at it.

In summary, President Obama supported TARP, the stimulus, and all the Federal Spending and financial programs, including QE, implemented under his Presidency. But...it's all Bush's fault. Laughable.

At this point, I don' really care if they raise taxes on the wealthy. Maybe then the American people will start to understand that having the wealthy give more of their money to the pit vipers in Washington D.C. will do absolutely nothing to solve the financial problems in this country.

Imac7065
01-02-2013, 02:05 AM
I've said nothing about the President and focused on spending as the problem, but since you seem inclined to try and give the President a free pass, a few notes.

1) Senator Obama voted for and approved of the deficit spending you attribute solely to Bush.

2) Throw out 2009 and the Federal Government still deficit spent over $1 trillion in 2010, 2011, and 2012. This is good to you? It should be $0.

3) I believe that President Obama is fully behind the QE program, but if you have information to the contrary, I'd be interested in looking at it.

In summary, President Obama supported TARP, the stimulus, and all the Federal Spending and financial programs, including QE, implemented under his Presidency. But...it's all Bush's fault. Laughable.

At this point, I don' really care if they raise taxes on the wealthy. Maybe then the American people will start to understand that having the wealthy give more of their money to the pit vipers in Washington D.C. will do absolutely nothing to solve the financial problems in this country.

a junior senator in his first term could do nothing but vote lol.. did he write tarp? did he come up with QE? No.. those were bush people. For crap sakes the first TARP bill literally said we should hand the national treasury to the secretary and allow him to use it as a quasi bank account to hand out money! lol

indexed
01-02-2013, 02:11 AM
wow post this bail out and post that bailout hes the least spending presidnet is a laugh. Bush's largest annual deficit was 500 billion. Obama is running 2 trillion dollar annuals. Thats all simple math. The annual deficit has gone up 400% since he took over. The sad thing is unemployment has also gone up drastically. Food and gas have gone up. Healthcare has gone up. Taxes have gone up.
I understand it all going up when you quadruple our annual deficit, what I don't understand is how unemployment goes up as well. Well actually I do, too much food stamps and gov't employees. Not that I blame the people, get your Obama money while you can. Just spend it wisely.

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 02:14 AM
wow post this bail out and post that bailout hes the least spending presidnet is a laugh. Bush's largest annual deficit was 500 billion. Obama is running 2 trillion dollar annuals. Thats all simple math. The annual deficit has gone up 400% since he took over. The sad thing is unemployment has also gone up drastically. Food and gas have gone up. Healthcare has gone up. Taxes have gone up.
I understand it all going up when you quadruple our annual deficit, what I don't understand is how unemployment goes up as well. Well actually I do, too much food stamps and gov't employees. Not that I blame the people, get your Obama money while you can. Just spend it wisely.
Man....it's like you guys (conservatives) just invent things from thin air......funny, kinda like the christian god.

Thankfully, BOTH are false!

indexed
01-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Man....it's like you guys (conservatives) just invent things from thin air......funny, kinda like the christian god.

Its not myth that the annual deficit has gone from 500 billion under Bush to 2 trillion under Obama. You can't explain it and can't live with the fact NO ONE is doing better. Unemployment should not be a problem with that kind of spending. My 401k isnt doing anything great just up and down.

Not myth, these are FACTS the budget is out of control and grown 400% under Obama your god.

stlcardinalsfan
01-02-2013, 02:18 AM
i say if you acheive the american dream of being rich then you deserve to be rich, should make us who arent strive to do better.

never understood why being rich is so evil

stlcardinalsfan
01-02-2013, 02:19 AM

you must live a very pleasing and happy life

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Not myth, these are FACTS the budget is out of control and grown 400% under Obama your god.
Haha, yeah, sure.

Here's the problem with your original post.

You IMPLY that most of this nation's problems are directly linked with Obama (Food, gas, healthcare, unemployment, etc.), that's about as true as saying that 9/11 was 100% Bush's fault, just because he was president when it happened.

That's all you guys know how to do....blame Obama for anything and everything and you ignore the fact that Obama entered the Office just as the economy was in a NOSE DIVE.

Unemployment is currently in it's LOWEST levels since 2008 (INB4 you start saying that the numbers are false or a conspiracy or some other nonsense).

Gas prices has LITTLE to do with the U.S economy.

And as for healthcare you can blame that on the country collectively as a complete FAILURE of the nonsense capitalist-minded notion that we shouldn't have socialized medicine, but it's OK for private companies to screw with our lives.

Oh, and "Obama is your god"......Hilarious, because I don't think much about him, in fact I would probably rate him a 5/10 as a president.

Of course Bush would probably be a 1/10

And the GOP collectively is a -1 million/10.

Just because I utterly HATE the GOP does not mean I like Obama.....I just view him as the lesser of two evils.

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 02:28 AM
you must live a very pleasing and happy life
Yes I do.

Thank you very much.

indexed
01-02-2013, 02:31 AM
just keep blaming Bush while Obama does what he is doing. One day you wake up and your country will be gone. At that point you will be running around chanting to Obama for handouts while people that don't will be much better off. Funny, the irony in it all that republicans will make out better under a Darwinist type of society then the liberal Obama hand out crowd.

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Bernanke was reappointed by Obama in 2010.

QE1: 11/2008 - 3/2010
QE2: 11/2010 - 6/2011
QE3: 9/2012 - until the economy gets better

If Obama was against QE he could have stopped it. He is obviously fully behind it. Calling QE a Bush policy at this point is ridiculous.

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 02:37 AM
just keep blaming Bush while Obama does what he is doing. One day you wake up and your country will be gone.
Haha.

How exactly would that happen?

Does that mean the U.S will stop being religious? I HOPE!

Or does that mean no more conservatives? ONLY IN MY DREAMS!

Funny, the irony in it all that republicans will make out better under a Darwinist type of society then the liberal Obama hand out crowd.
Yeah, you're right!

The GOP would just KILL the poor and say that it's "survival of the fittest".

I'm glad we agree on that one.

stlcardinalsfan
01-02-2013, 02:40 AM
work at a grocery store,watch government hand outs in full swing, and then tell me you support it.

literally disgusting, and would P me off most of the time while working as a bag boy.

people rolling up in nice cars with brand new nikes and gold necklaces.....buy nothing but soda,chips and steak,swipe their EBT cards,still have 700$ left.

all welfare recipients should be drug tested and as soon as they fail, strip them from it.
also if you are receiving government assistance you should NOT get brand name foods.

indexed
01-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Haha.

How exactly would that happen?

Does that mean the U.S will stop being religious? I HOPE!

Or does that mean no more conservatives? ONLY IN MY DREAMS!

Yeah, you're right!

The GOP would just KILL the poor and say that it's "survival of the fittest".

I'm glad we agree on that one.

We do agree on that one but it will be the lefts hand outs that collapse this country. Your people be doing some stupid gathering chanting to the underlords of the underclass for more handouts and welfare while "others" will be in survival mode understanding Obama and Pelosi could actually care less.

JustAlex
01-02-2013, 02:49 AM
work at a grocery store,watch government hand outs in full swing, and then tell me you support it.
I don't know if this post is towards me or everyone, but YES, I FULLY support government social programs.

They DO help needy people, and just because a few idiots (by few I'm talking percentage wise) abuse it, that doesn't mean you eliminate it completely.

My father was once on unemployment benefits, and it greatly helped him and our family through a very hard time.....I don't know what would've happened if we didn't have that help.

He found a steady job after about 2 months of nothing, and now he can pay taxes that will help some other person, it's a cycle, and I'm all for it.

all welfare recipients should be drug tested and as soon as they fail, strip them from it.
I FULLY AGREE!

also if you are receiving government assistance you should NOT get brand name foods.
What exactly is the point of that?

"Brand name food" is more expensive than generic food.....I've known people who were on food stamps, and they try to make it last as much as possible.

In other words, they don't "splurge" it on expensive food.

stlcardinalsfan
01-02-2013, 03:06 AM
I don't know if this post is towards me or everyone, but YES, I FULLY support government social programs.

They DO help needy people, and just because a few idiots (by few I'm talking percentage wise) abuse it, that doesn't mean you eliminate it completely.

My father was once on unemployment benefits, and it greatly helped him and our family through a very hard time.....I don't know what would've happened if we didn't have that help.

He found a steady job after about 2 months of nothing, and now he can pay taxes that will help some other person, it's a cycle, and I'm all for it.

I FULLY AGREE!

What exactly is the point of that?

"Brand name food" is more expensive than generic food.....I've known people who were on food stamps, and they try to make it last as much as possible.

In other words, they don't "splurge" it on expensive food.

if youve never worked in a grocery store then you dont know.
point is they shouldnt be treated any better than the rest of us,actually worse since they are relying on the government to help feed them.

elderly and actually disabled (not the "im lazy,or im too fat to work") can be exempt from that.

im not sure what point i was making, just figured we were talking about random stuff like blaming republicans and "their god"

indexed
01-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Alex is trying to tell you there is no fraud in the food stamp program. Im sure there arent thousands of people getting 10+ EBT cards each month through fraud.

Imac7065
01-02-2013, 05:17 AM

The day Obama took office the national deficit was 1.67 tillion dollars. It went UP during 2009.. since this it has dropped dramatically.. Why? BECAUSE WE AREN"T SPENDING ANYMORE. We are ATTEMPTING to pay off the debt. All off the petty BS you see in congress is only stalling this. All you hear about is how much the debt went up during Obama's first term (the right wing talks about 5 trillion on debt.. they never talk about the deficit shockingly)... but the fact is.. if you take away 2009 (a complete reaction year to the bush F up) Obama has not spent at all. These are facts. You can spin it all you want.. but these are the facts lol.

indexed
01-02-2013, 05:33 AM
The day Obama took office the national deficit was 1.67 tillion dollars. It went UP during 2009.. since this it has dropped dramatically.. Why? BECAUSE WE AREN"T SPENDING ANYMORE. We are ATTEMPTING to pay off the debt. All off the petty BS you see in congress is only stalling this. All you hear about is how much the debt went up during Obama's first term (the right wing talks about 5 trillion on debt.. they never talk about the deficit shockingly)... but the fact is.. if you take away 2009 (a complete reaction year to the bush F up) Obama has not spent at all. These are facts. You can spin it all you want.. but these are the facts lol.

no not facts, the deficit is still way above Bush era debt. You cant get over the fact that Bush ran smaller debts then Obama while fighting two wars. You never will be able to get over it. Fiscal year 2008 the deficit was 480 billion in 2009 the deficit was over 1.5 trillion. What you are saying is because of HUGE Bush deficits Obama had to almost quadruple them because they are still at nearly the same level.

Just admit, you've been had...............please Obama just likes to spend. Covering up a 480 billion dollar deficit with a 1.5+ trillion dollar deficit makes no sense except youve been HAD. The deficit will still be 1.5 trillion under Obama.

Its like saying since I spent 500 dollars on a TV and didn't have I decided to go out and buy a 2000 dollar TV that I dont have the money for because its FOUR times bigger.

Youve BEEN HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Imac7065
01-02-2013, 05:57 AM
no not facts, the deficit is still way above Bush era debt. You cant get over the fact that Bush ran smaller debts then Obama while fighting two wars. You never will be able to get over it. Fiscal year 2008 the deficit was 480 billion in 2009 the deficit was over 1.5 trillion. What you are saying is because of HUGE Bush deficits Obama had to almost quadruple them because they are still at nearly the same level.

Just admit, you've been had...............please Obama just likes to spend. Covering up a 480 billion dollar deficit with a 1.5+ trillion dollar deficit makes no sense except youve been HAD. The deficit will still be 1.5 trillion under Obama.

Its like saying since I spent 500 dollars on a TV and didn't have I decided to go out and buy a 2000 dollar TV that I dont have the money for because its FOUR times bigger.

Youve BEEN HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I have quoted facts to you and you are just trying to spin the hell out of it. You are an idiot and will never see anything other than the way you want to. I'm sure "he's really a muslim terrorist" is coming next.. but I won't waste my time responding to you again.. good luck with your "truth"

gladdyontherise
01-02-2013, 08:41 AM
This thread is just another example of why this country is in shambles, such a shame.....

Both sides won't budge and think their way is the absolute only way and the other side is ruining the country.

shrewsbury
01-02-2013, 09:33 AM
considering we spend more than we bring in, what cuts did we agree on?

also, you people realize taxes will raise on everyone making 50k and up, not just "rich" people.

my taxes will go up about $320 per pay check, and I am not rich at all.

by working all these years I get to pay more taxes, if you aren't working, don't worry, you get atleast another year of free money.

spending has to be cut

pghin08
01-02-2013, 10:02 AM
This thread is just another example of why this country is in shambles, such a shame.....

Both sides won't budge and think their way is the absolute only way and the other side is ruining the country.

Huge interwebz hug for this post :hug:

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
if youve never worked in a grocery store then you dont know.
point is they shouldnt be treated any better than the rest of us,actually worse since they are relying on the government to help feed them.

elderly and actually disabled (not the "im lazy,or im too fat to work") can be exempt from that.

im not sure what point i was making, just figured we were talking about random stuff like blaming republicans and "their god"

"Remember kids, if someone doesn't have a job, they're not a person and should be treated worse than others."

What an ignorant statement. You should be ashamed.

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 12:10 PM

What we need is a Republican in the office. Then they could deregulate business and send America further into the abyss you've circled for years and years now.

It's win...uh...win?

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
What we need is a President that represents the people, not special interests.
What we need is a President that doesn't sow division for political gain.
What we need is a President that upholds the rule of law.
What we need is a President that will stand up to Wall Street and punish those responsible for the financial rape of this country.
What we need is a President that understands that extracting more wealth from the citizens is not the solution to every one of our problems.
What we need is a President that believes it is wrong to tax the unborn in order to spend now.
What we need is a President that understands and honors the limits of the Federal Government as defined by our Constitution.

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
What we need is a President that represents the people, not special interests.
What we need is a President that doesn't sow division for political gain.
What we need is a President that upholds the rule of law.
What we need is a President that will stand up to Wall Street and punish those responsible for the financial rape of this country.
What we need is a President that understands that extracting more wealth from the citizens is not the solution to every one of our problems.
What we need is a President that believes it is wrong to tax the unborn in order to spend now.
What we need is a President that understands and honors the limits of the Federal Government as defined by our Constitution.

How do you propose that? You just negated every member of both parties.

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 12:38 PM
How do you propose that? You just negated every member of both parties.

Unfortunately you are correct.

bud7562
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Hey Rich people......change is coming!

Enjoy your new tax rates.....the rest of us have ZERO sympathy for you! it's about time for the rich, now they going to crie about it????

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
1) The wealthy already pay their fair share of taxes.
2) I'm opposed to sending any more money to the corrupt, wasteful scumbags in Washington.
3) There is no guarantee that raising taxes will even bring in more revenue for the Federal Government (see the Laffer Curve).

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
1) The wealthy already pay their fair share of taxes.
2) I'm opposed to sending any more money to the corrupt, wasteful scumbags in Washington.
3) There is no guarantee that raising taxes will even bring in more revenue for the Federal Government (see the Laffer Curve).

The wealthy don't pay a fair share. They're supposed to, but they hide money in other countries in order to screw their own. If they didn't do that, they'd pay a fair share, but they do so they don't.
That's why that statement is patently false.

shrewsbury
01-02-2013, 02:39 PM
again, I didn't know people who make 50k and up are rich

because, guess what, there taxes are going up too

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 02:44 PM
The wealthy don't pay a fair share. They're supposed to, but they hide money in other countries in order to screw their own. If they didn't do that, they'd pay a fair share, but they do so they don't.
That's why that statement is patently false.

If the rich are already paying 50% of the Federal Income tax, isn't that "their fair share"? Or do you see a higher percentage being "fair"?

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
again, I didn't know people who make 50k and up are rich

because, guess what, there taxes are going up too

I wouldn't do this if I thought it was a typo, but I don't, so...

There: noun
Their: possessive
and just so you learn the whole bit...
They're: "they are"

shrewsbury
01-02-2013, 03:17 PM
so with all your whining and allegations, all you have is an english lesson?

wow, I used the wrong word, but you claim taxes only going up on the rich

so really you have nothing to add but deflection

tax the rich, Obama will only tax the rich, dems will only tax the rich, liberals will only raise taxes on the rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too bad you are wrong (hey is that the right too?)

taexes raised on middle class and up, and no spending cuts, great plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
so with all your whining and allegations, all you have is an english lesson?

wow, I used the wrong word, but you claim taxes only going up on the rich

so really you have nothing to add but deflection

tax the rich, Obama will only tax the rich, dems will only tax the rich, liberals will only raise taxes on the rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too bad you are wrong (hey is that the right too?)

taexes raised on middle class and up, and no spending cuts, great plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did I say taxes will only go up on the wealthy?
Oh, never, right. Probably why I responded to your poor English skills instead of the comment.
You're telling tales again, Jay. Stick to existing facts and try not to make new ones up.

shrewsbury
01-02-2013, 04:57 PM
I would bet my grades in English are better than yours. The difference is I don't troll for misspellings, this is the internet and not a classroom.

and the facts would be, first we will care for the splinter in our hand, before we deal with the crowbar through our skull!!!

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 05:06 PM
If I really "trolled" as you claim, I'd have carpel tunnel by now. Since you don't deny making up up what "I" (actually you) said tells me you know you lied. Good show!

shrewsbury
01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
wickabee, made up what?

and you know I still love you, even though your are (or "you're" if you prefer) Canadian

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Show me where I said only the wealthies' tax are going up, as you claimed earlier.

You won't be able to because it's not there. It's not there because you made it up.

And thank you for spelling Canadian correctly.

KISSES!

deansayso
01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
There's only one way to spell it CANADIENS!!! OLE OLE OLE OLE!!! GO HABS GO!!

:)

Show me where I said only the wealthies' tax are going up, as you claimed earlier.

You won't be able to because it's not there. It's not there because you made it up.

And thank you for spelling Canadian correctly.

KISSES!

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 06:56 PM
There's only one way to spell it CANADIENS!!! OLE OLE OLE OLE!!! GO HABS GO!!

:)

Not at this end of the country!

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I was just thinking that more often than not I disagree with Wickabee, but I respect him because he makes salient points. Then he pulls out the lame internet message board grammar lesson post and goes in the opposite direction.

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 07:56 PM
I was just thinking that more often than not I disagree with Wickabee, but I respect him because he makes salient points. Then he pulls out the lame internet message board grammar lesson post and goes in the opposite direction.

This is a no fun zone? Crap!
And I still haven't been shown where I said taxes are only going up on the rich. So, if Jay is going to make a nonsensical post about something not said, why can't I give an English lesson once in awhile.
You shouldn't take life so seriously. It'll kill you eventually if you do.

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
This is a no fun zone? Crap!
And I still haven't been shown where I said taxes are only going up on the rich. So, if Jay is going to make a nonsensical post about something not said, why can't I give an English lesson once in awhile.
You shouldn't take life so seriously. It'll kill you eventually if you do.

Sorry, there was no "fun" in your tone.

tpeichel
01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I thought the Democratic Party was going to close the tax loopholes for the wealthy? Looks like the White House took care of the wealthy in a big way. Hypocrites.

General Electric and Citigroup, for instance, hired Breaux and Lott to extend a tax provision that allows multinational corporations to defer U.S. taxes by moving profits into offshore financial subsidiaries. This provision -- known as the "active financing exception" -- is the main tool GE uses to avoid nearly all U.S. corporate income tax.

Liquor giant Diageo also retained Breaux and Lott to win extensions on two provisions benefitting rum-making in Puerto Rico.

The K Street firm Capitol Tax Partners, led by Treasury Department alumni from the Clinton administration, represented an even more impressive list of tax clients, who paid CTP more than $1.68 million in the third quarter.
Besides financial clients like Citi, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, CTP represented green energy companies like GE and the American Wind Energy Association. These companies won extension and expansion of the production tax credit for wind energy.
Hollywood hired CTP, too: The Motion Picture Association of America won an extension on tax credits for film production.
After packing 50 tax credit extensions into the bill, the committee voted 19 to 5 to pass it. But then it stalled. The Senate left for the conventions and the fall campaign. Meanwhile, House Republicans signaled resistance to some of the extensions -- especially for green energy.
One lobbyist said he didn't worry too much about the Baucus bill because "we knew the House wasn't going to pass it." But another lobbyist, who had worked on the Puerto Rico issues, said he saw Baucus' bill as an important starting point that "set the parameters" of a future fight with House Republicans.
But there never was a fight. Baucus' bill sat ignored until last week, when the White House sat down with Senate Republicans to craft a deal averting the fiscal cliff.
A Republican Senate aide familiar with the cliff negotiations tells me the White House wanted permanent extensions of a whole slew of corporate tax credits. When Senate Republicans said no, "the White House insisted that the exact language" of the Baucus bill be included in the fiscal cliff deal. "They were absolutely insistent," another aide tells me. (The White House did not return requests for comment.)
Sure enough, Title II of the fiscal cliff legislation is nearly a word-for-word replication of the Family and Business Tax Cut Certainty Act of 2012.
So, this wasn't a case of lobbyists sneaking provisions into a huge package at the last minute. That probably wouldn't have been possible, many lobbyists told me Wednesday, because the workload in the past two weeks was too large and the political stakes were too high.
One lobbyist who worked on the bill over the summer said he would never ask a member " 'Hey, can you do this for a client,' when their political lives are on the line."

"The legislators and the staff go underground when things get so intense," another Hill staffer-turned-lobbyist told me. "Nobody has time for a meeting. Nobody wants to talk about what's going on. ... The key is to plant the seed months in advance."

GE, Goldman Sachs, Diageo -- they planted their seeds over the summer. They'll enjoy the fruit in the new year.

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Sorry, there was no "fun" in your tone.

There was no tone in my fun, so you've got it backwards. Like I say, if you take yourself that seriously, you will die one day. It's a fact.

Wickabee
01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
And yeah, what the Dems should have done is promise to close loopholes.with no indication of which loopholes.
That way, when you don't close them you can say "I never said I'd close THAT one" for everything and you're suddenly not a lying dirt bag.
Romney 2012! wait...

matt_curren
01-02-2013, 11:55 PM
also, you people realize taxes will raise on everyone making 50k and up, not just "rich" people.

my taxes will go up about $320 per pay check, and I am not rich at all.

um, if your payroll taxes going up by 2% means you pay $320 MORE each pay period in payroll taxes, that translates to $640 more per month and $7680 more in payroll taxes a year. Using that math you make over $400k a year.

stlcardinalsfan
01-03-2013, 01:07 AM
"Remember kids, if someone doesn't have a job, they're not a person and should be treated worse than others."

What an ignorant statement. You should be ashamed.

aye you are from canada.

Wickabee
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
aye you are from canada.

Do you have a point or are you an ignorant piece of trash?

pghin08
01-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Cool it guys.

Wickabee
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Tell that "person" I know what country I live in. If he's just happy he can spell it tell him to get a crayon. This guy brings nothing to the table whatsoever, just tells me I'm Canadian. I know. He may forget where he lives every day and need a reminder. I don't. It's useless and people who do that are useless.
Just end the ignorance, please.