PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rookies?

DarthDooku
03-19-2006, 08:31 AM
I was looking around at some of the boxes for sale and didnt recognize any of the rookies names. Are there any rookies this season worth collecting? For now, ive decided to go back to the 2003 boxes and try for a Lebron, Carmello, or Wade since all i got is an UD MVP of Lebron which is worthless.

softballa04
03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Chris Paul is decent. Maybe Bogut but nothing much this year.

golfmanccl
03-19-2006, 02:09 PM
chris paul, bogut and charlie villanueva

PistonsFan
03-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Chris Paul is going to be ROY.
Nate Robinson won the Slam Dunk Competition.
Channing Frye is second in scoring amoung rookies.

Marvin Williams has been a disappointment.

A few players have been in and out of the NBA/NBDL including
- Gerald Green (Celtics)
- Amir Johnson (Pistons)

Those are just a few off the top of my head

mattyj
03-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Raymond Felton and Deron Williams will probably be decent players...
Maybe Sean May if he can stay healthy

DeWittFootball20
03-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Possibly Luther Head also.

WilyWestbrook0
03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I will take the LeBron MVP rookie off your hands if you don't want it. : )

Chris Paul is the best rookie this year. It's been a mediocre class, like last year's crop.

Insane Irish
03-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Add Ryan Gomes to that list....future star in the making!!

justpete23
03-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I think people are gonna regret passing on Gerald Green in about 1 1/2- 2 years.

Nene
03-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Add Ryan Gomes to that list....future star in the making!!

I was going to add that name myself. He's looked incredible when i've watched him on the pass.

I also have been very impressed with Garcia on the kings. He's got nice defensive skills.

And from a potential standpoint, Diogu has a great upside.

Other than that, the names people mentioned already are right-on-target.

DarthDooku
03-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Jamming James, I actually have about 3 of those UD MVP rookies if you want one.

WilyWestbrook0
03-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks, sent a PM.

chadnrudi
03-20-2006, 12:36 AM
If Ike Diogu could ever get off the bench he would have great value, Gomes has temendous potential as well.

Lik555
03-20-2006, 02:20 AM
you're probably better off going with the 03-04 boxes. that was one of the greatest rookie classes in recent years. this years class is very unimpressive. it is reflected by the prices of the 05-06 boxes. aside from chris paul and maybe a couple of others this looks like one year that you can pass on. if you can still find it i would recommend topps chrome. i was able to pull the most lebron, wade and bosh rcs out of topps chrome. maybe 1-2 lebrons, 2-3 wades, and 2-3 boshs per box. but that was just my experience.
good luck!!

HoopsFan
03-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Chris Paul is extremely hot, extremely talented, and extremely viable to get injured and lose value. Grant Hill anyone? Channing Frye, Charlie Villanueva, Francisco Garcia, and some others are and will be valuable contributors from a role playing standpoint. Gerald Green will be hit or miss; flirts with being like Tracy McGrady at times, flirts with being like Darius Miles at others. Andrew Bogut has glue on his hands, can pass better than many point guards, but probably won't develop into more than 15 ppg. Although I'm very bias, Deron Williams is the best passer I've seen since that other Jazz PG. Although he still makes many rookie mistakes, and is inconsistent with his shot, he's a great listener (coach's PG), and a team player. Paul is amazing as well. He will be an all-star(almost was this year), but like I said, he plays very recklessly and could end up getting hurt bad. So, if you're looking for super HIGH END $$$ cards (you mentioned a LBJ RC as worthless), then you should probably buy singles, unless you want to wait for Exquisite to come out. I personally enjoy this year's rookie class, but if you want the guys that sell for $1000s and $1000s and always will, the list is very short: LeBron, Wade, Kobe, and Michael Jordan. A few guys right there: Dwight Howard - future perennial all-star, Carmelo, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan. Just my opinion though.... My real opinion is that you shouldn't care what is hot and who sells good, and all that. Just collect the guys/teams you actually like to watch/follow.

mattyj
03-21-2006, 08:36 PM
HoopsFan:

Well Said!...Look at the guys im collecting...Baker is a recovering alco, Cassell has never played in the all-star game...

Billups and Kidd are the 2 best PGs in the game (biased opinion!)....But they are guys i like watching...Dont collect them coz they are worth money

HoopsFan
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Mattyj: I think that's awesome. I don't think your opinion about Kidd and Billups is wrong either. I can't think of anyone I would put above them...(give Deron 2 years, lol)...

mattyj
03-21-2006, 08:41 PM
well there is a few up there with them....Tony Parker, Steve Nash for example LOL

WilyWestbrook0
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I think Cassell was an All-Star once.

softballa04
03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
one guy who might surprise people is Andrew Bynum... or he could be the next Kwame Brown

mattyj
03-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Kwame and Bynum on one team...Thats the front court of the future! ;)