PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Sampson to IU

tutall
03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
what does anyone think of him... i think it is a joke... he will still get no respect because he isnt an IU BOY.... is there anything we can do to get someone in the AD's office to get someone in there that will win... my lord.. you hire someone who has a pending investigation into calling recruits illegally.... plus he was pushed out of a program that focused on fotball... so now you come to a program in a state that lives and dies by IU basketball.. you think he will last?

another 4-6 years of pain until we can get someone in there that will win

nman0808
03-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Isnt that what Sampson wants, a program that lives and dies by basketball, wasnt that some of the reason why he left?

tutall
03-29-2006, 10:33 PM
it is but wanting it and knowing how to handle it is two different things... the bigger issue i cant figure out is why they hired someone that has controversy around him... he supposedly called recruits during the blackout period and coule have NCAA repercussions following him to indiana....

jereed00
03-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately the repercussions will not follow him to Indiana, Oklahoma will be stuck with them.

tutall
04-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Unfortunately the repercussions will not follow him to Indiana, Oklahoma will be stuck with them.

did they decide that for sure? When they were discussing it on the local radio station they said he could be punished personally for them... meaning the university would not suffer personel wise but he could possibly be suspended etc... plus once a cheat, always a cheat.... its only a matter of time before indiana does have to suffer

asujbl
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
as an Ohio State fan I LOVE this hiring...Matta will recruit Indiana until Sampson leaves...great day for the Big-10...except Indiana.

tutall
04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
thank you asu... everyone else recruits indiana so why not OSU... hell ya already got the top 2 prospects in the nation from indiana coming next year... although i think oden will flop and am quite glad honestly he isnt going to Indiana

Josh McRobberts
Sean May
Greg Oden

i see a disturbing pattern here

asujbl
04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
as nice as possible...are you freaking nuts? did you watch the McDonald's AA Game or any of the televised ESPN games? Oden could very well win player of the year as a Freshman. The kid is by far the best center prospect in 20 years. He blocked 4 shots in the AA game without even jumping.

DeWittFootball20
04-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Yea Oden Is the next Dominate Center.

tutall
04-04-2006, 08:49 PM
i played against oden... he dominated me... im 6'5" didnt go to college... i also saw him get shut down by 6'4" Tennessee prospect Marques Johnson from snider high school... i saw tyler hansborough DOMINATE him last year on ESPN... I went to the game Josh McRoberts dominated him while he was at carmel and had a bad knee. he has no offense except turn and shoot which wont work when he is playing someone his size... he has terrible hands, no quickness, next shawn bradley... he looks good on tv but in person he isnt all he is put up to be... he has ALOT of work but it would be awesome to see him prove me wrong... one of the nicest guys i ever played against

DeWittFootball20
04-04-2006, 08:58 PM
You played Oden? Thats awsome.

asujbl
04-04-2006, 09:03 PM
he will prove you wrong about 100 million times when he gets paid after his one and done year as the #1 pick in 07

tutall
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
i played him in the holiday tournament a couple years ago in high school... their oint guard who is also going to OSU (cant remember his name right now) is better IMO than oden is...

i never said he wouldnt get paid millions... i said he isnt as good as everyone says he is... dont get me wrong.. he will probably be a role player somewhere in the NBA some day but he in no way will be the next big thing in the NBA

asujbl
04-04-2006, 09:36 PM
you're so off base it isn't even worth discussing anymore

tutall
04-04-2006, 09:40 PM
we'll see next year when your on here discussing how much of a bust he was