PDA

View Full Version : Huge game for JammingJames23!

WilyWestbrook0
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Not me, but LeBron. : )

47 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists in a victory over the Heat, no less. He had 18 in the 4th. He's been coming up bigger in clutch situations lately, which he was really needing to do. If he can improve his D, he will have no weaknesses.

stalking_WOLF_21
04-01-2006, 10:15 PM
when stars put up numbers like that...they are a star...KOBE not a star in my book...he scores? is that it lebron kg marion nash big ben are just a few who all put up double doubles almost everynight

LakersMC
04-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Kobe is not a star?
A very interesting statement to say the least.

stalking_WOLF_21
04-02-2006, 12:00 PM
well what else does kobe does? so far all i have seen kobe do is have sex with another girl while married then getting pissed and sending shaq off and now he scores a bunch of points which is remarkable but i haven't seen him do much more than that....and like your thread says with all the good players that helped the lakers win the championship where's Kobe? he hasn't gotten one! this is just my oppion and i do think Kobe is a good player but not a good all-a-round player.

okay now back to the thread...
wade also had a great game 44 points 8assist 9rebounds what a game would that be to go see...

WilyWestbrook0
04-02-2006, 05:00 PM
well what else does kobe does? so far all i have seen kobe do is have sex with another girl while married then getting pissed and sending shaq off

While this is all true and neither is a good thing, they have nothing whatsoever to do with Kobe's game and whether or not he is a star logically.

and now he scores a bunch of points which is remarkable but i haven't seen him do much more than that....

It's the second most all-time for a game and he is leading the league in scoring. How can he not be a star? Perhaps we need your definition of star, because it apparently differs from the way most people use the term. Stars don't necessarily have to be great all-around players.

kr580
04-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Kobe is the biggest household name in basketball besides MJ. He's one of the best scorers in history... was half of the reason (Shaq) the Lakers got a 3-Peat. How is he not a star? I'm curious as well.

Insane Irish
04-02-2006, 05:56 PM
What does household name have to do with being a star???

I'm not agreeing that Kobe ISN'T a star, of course he is, but household name doesn't prove stardom either.

Yeah, he's not quite the all-around player like Lebron or Wade,(assists, rebounds ect.) and he shoots 40 times a game, god if I coulda shot that many times back in the day...lol, but he is still a stud!!

kr580
04-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I've yet to see a player with a household name that sucks at the sport he plays. If he wasn't a star he wouldn't be known like his is.

stalking_WOLF_21
04-02-2006, 07:15 PM
guys don't get all defensive jeez if u read my above post i stated kobe is not a star in my book...i just don't like the guy...a star helps the team win and will do anything for the team...Kobe's mindset and ego are all on himself and what he wants to do...no doubt he's playing great basketball i know how hard it is to be good and Kobe is great but his team isn't doing that great there gonna make the playoffs with a record...i just haven't seen Kobe be more than an individual star...he needs to put his ego aside and take one for the team...that is just my oppion sorry if a hurt anyones feelings...i'm not saying Kobe isn't a superstar or star but in my book he's not and my book is different then yours...i had a guy on my team this year he was a senior captain had an ego as big as America...he wasn't that good he always bragged never liked to hear about what other people did right and he didn't seem to be the star he thought he was...i just don't like people with ego's i could go on about TO and other selfish athletes

WilyWestbrook0
04-02-2006, 10:27 PM
guys don't get all defensive jeez if u read my above post i stated kobe is not a star in my book...

LOL. People have the right to debate each other and make inquiries concerning their opinions. Boards like this are open for such discussion. If we just sat and agreed on everything and didn't analyze anything, it wouldn't make for interesting discussion.

that is just my oppion sorry if a hurt anyones feelings...

Why would you think it would hurt our feelings? Disagreements are a part of life.

i'm not saying Kobe isn't a superstar or star but in my book he's not and my book is different then yours...i had a guy on my team this year he was a senior captain had an ego as big as America...he wasn't that good he always bragged never liked to hear about what other people did right and he didn't seem to be the star he thought he was...i just don't like people with ego's i could go on about TO and other selfish athletes

Again, as stated earlier, your subjective feelings about whether you like or don't like a player as a person has nothing to do with how good they are at a sport. A person's given 'personality,' whether egotistical or not, is separate from his ability. I think your mistake here is lumping them together as if they belonged to the same category. For instance, I think Stephon Marbury is a selfish player, but just because I don't "like him" doesn't mean I don't recognize his star status. Likewise, Jason Collier was a nice guy with very little ego, but he wasn't by any means a star player.

nman0808
04-02-2006, 10:27 PM
and like your thread says with all the good players that helped the lakers win the championship where's Kobe? he hasn't gotten one! this is just my oppion and i do think Kobe is a good player but not a good all-a-round player.

Im confused, are you saying Kobe didnt help LA win a title? W/o Kobe LA, wouldnt have won 3 straight titles. Hes also made the all NBA Defensive Team 3 times I think it is, he does a lot more than just score. Its ok if you dont like the guy, but saying he isnt a star doesnt make much sense.