PDA

View Full Version : My funnest box so far?

Nene
04-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Probably Sweet shot, because there were 5 cool cards. 2 rookies, 2 GU, and 1 auto. And all the cards were decent ones. Pierce, Marbury, Jameer Nelson were the good ones.

-2 boxes Topps Chrome kinda sucks to bust. There's only one GU per box.

-Topps Pristine, thumbs down. i dont care for the card design.

-Skybox LE. I love these cards, but only get 2 GU per box. And I have gotten really good GUs from these...

-Sweet Sigs blaster box, total bore! Nothing!

I am really looking forward to topps 52 style box i am getting :)

tall_guy_21
04-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I had a blast with SPA this year, 2 autos, 2 game used, and a jordan gold, i think one of the autos being chris paul had something to do with it though....I got a topps chrome box as well, and there was nothing to brag about...

Nene
04-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I think it had to do with pulling the Chris Paul...hard for that not to be fun.

tall_guy_21
04-11-2006, 06:26 PM
yeah it was funny, i was complaining to my card show owner how i have never pulled an auto...next pack, boom....it was good for me, i got out of collecting because i was pissed off i would never pull anything! now i am addicted again its great

springwoodslasher
04-12-2006, 02:21 AM
I'm always pissed off when I break something because I never get that elusive pull or even a decent one for that matter. I'm in the process of trying to stop myself from buying wax and just buying singles from now on.

swill300
04-12-2006, 04:14 AM
SPx for me this year, but Sweet Shot was good too, got a 1/1 Wooden I just sold for about a case worth of cards!! SPx was fun, 3-4 gu per box (busted 4) 2 M.Williams, 1 Bogut and a Jordan/James WC helps+ D.Ewing rc spectrum. Anyways, I think I would but a case of SPx if I had the money to throw on it and not get caught by the better half, lol. Chrome was stinky (5 boxes). Still don't have a set but Paul ref. and Head gold ref helps.

Nene
04-12-2006, 12:38 PM
that Wooden sounds awesome. I probably would have kept it. I cant help but look at cards as BETTER than cash, because I dont have anything to spend cash on really, my life is cheap.

5 boxes is a lot for chrome.

I am about 26 cards shy of a set. I need Head & McCants and then mostly base and low end rcs.

I have 5 Chrome GU cards because I have been trying to get some. Two of them are Dwight Howard Chosen One /400. That means I own .5% of those cards. :lol:

BravesFan4Life
04-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Chrome isnt for GU, set builders and refractor lovers lol, if you buy Chrome for GU and AU your always going to be disappointed, if you like shiny refractors its greeaaaat :)

swill300
04-12-2006, 03:50 PM
You got one of those Howard chosen ones from me !!!! I had 2 also and traded them away. I still need about 50 for the set, crazy considering I busted 5 boxes, but I knew that going in so what can you do??