PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated?

Aikman_TheGreat
04-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Who is most overrated? Also, tell why you think so.

Aikman_TheGreat
04-17-2006, 11:39 PM
i forgot to add the "other" choice. If you want to choose "other", just dont vote, then tell who and why.
"

stalking_WOLF_21
04-17-2006, 11:52 PM
dirk in no way should be up there....he's lost two guys he's looked up to...being steve nash and finley...he's proven he can lead the team and he's changed his game were he can play a bigger spot down low

Aikman_TheGreat
04-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Dirk Nowitzki should no way be in the running for MVP though. He doesnt play defense, plus he has a pretty good supporting cast. Hes no doub good, but not as great as everyone says.

golfmanccl
04-18-2006, 01:33 AM
i dont know how u got that list, melo is not overrated at all, same with dirk, marbury is, but why not put people who are really overrated like steve fransic and people like that

BravesFan4Life
04-18-2006, 03:27 AM
definitely Marbury of those three. Dirk is by far best of the three and is one of the top players in the league. If your looking for someone else overrated look for most of the roster of the Knicks.

Aikman_TheGreat
04-18-2006, 12:40 PM
well, i just tested the list out, i was going to add more, but didnt know how to go back and edit it. So thats how i got the list, its incomplete.

nman0808
04-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah Marbury shouldnt even be in the list with them. Honestly one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

Aikman_TheGreat
04-18-2006, 01:31 PM
ok, im going to explain myself before everyone thinks im crazy. Dirk is a great NBA player, but he isnt an MVP. Stephon is overrated, period. And Carmelo isnt as good as people say he is, just my opinion. I meant to add Francis, i meant to add "other", but ive never made a poll, so i was just messing aroudn with it. So there, my reasoning on this

RenegadeLonghorn
04-18-2006, 03:30 PM
uh Starbury? lol

justsandersplease
04-19-2006, 07:32 AM
There's a guy in LA, who was a Pippen to another guy's Jordan and now he's just a headliner on a scrap heap who never has a chance to be a part of a functioning TEAM again... WAY Over-Rated... even more than the guy in NY who seldom if ever hits over .320 or hit over 30HR or 110 RBI, yet the best player in the game had to yield his position to him when coming in to make him look better... Overrated are the guys we hear about all the time... Underrateds are guys like Matt Schaub in the NFL... so underrated he's buried on the bench behind a guy who's his own superhero, Ron Mexico... but other teams who see more than gate $ and actually want to win would do a Herschel Walker deal to get him- (why not, they did a Herschel Walker deal once before)...

nman0808
04-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I agree with Vick and Kobe as being overrated.

Vick really is the worst out of everyone as far as someone gettign so much hype and doing so little.

footballcardkid
04-19-2006, 02:34 PM
vick leads his team to the playoffs...

justsandersplease
04-19-2006, 05:07 PM
and back to early vacation after screwing up the draft pick for next year... The defense and Warrick Dunn LEAD more than Vick...

htwheelz01
04-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Marbury definately is overrated.

Aikman_TheGreat
04-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Vick is overrated. I deffinately agree with that.

jostarks
06-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Dirk Nowitzki should no way be in the running for MVP though. He doesnt play defense, plus he has a pretty good supporting cast. Hes no doub good, but not as great as everyone says.

he has improved his defense. And he made some effort to drive more than shoot. so now he can shoot some more of his good free throws. he can grab defenseive boards and block.
but do you know any big man who can shoot that good with 2 hands in his face? garnett comes close, but Dirk shoots best. And about the supporting squad: his squad is quite good, but look at their front court...there is noone but Dirk. Only Van Horn (HE is overrated), Erica Dampier and improving Diop. Golden State, Missesota and Washington do have rosters on this level and dont come close to Dallas...

I have to vote for Marbury here! He sucks and his newest words (He wants to die as a knick) are nothing but a joke. lol

boostboi
06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
carmelo is more overrated. lets face it, to be overrated, people have to overrate you, and nobody who knows anything overrates stephon marbury.

Aikman_TheGreat
06-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Thats the same thing with Van Horn. How is he overrated?????? Everyone makes fun of him. He is almost underrated because, he has to be good, hes in the NBA.

chi-town
06-03-2006, 02:15 AM
There are many players that are overrated, yeah i agree with marbury, but thats only as of late, you look at the averages and they look good, but he isnt the best no he sucks as a leader, not point guard material, yes francis 2, and i also think jamal crawford is, he's too cocky and the funny thing is they all play for the same team, now many their president and ceo should read us up, now they will know why their team sucks and brown as a coach is too old school, so he doesnt get along with players. Im sure if u looked into it you would find a lot of players making way more then they are worth and players that are way better making less, thats what happens when they only play good in contract years. The last person i am going to add is the big "Z" quite possibly the crapiest center that is 7'3" he plays scared, never takes a hit, he should b a "big man" hes a glorified version of shawn bradley

Archuleta
06-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I do NOT understand why Dirk is on this List have u guys not been watching the Playoffs?