PDA

View Full Version : How many rookies are in a Topps Chrome box

Garycolemanx
04-07-2003, 04:42 AM
I was just wondering cause I bought 5 boxes of 97 Topps Chrome and want to know my chances of pulling a T Mac or Duncan.
Thanks guys

pwaldo
04-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Wow 5 boxes. I bought a box when they first came out and got every rookie card except for Duncan. Which sucked at the time but now that TMac is a star. I am happy.

Anyway I would say that you should be able to get at least 3 or 4 Duncan's or TMac's outta 5 boxes.

One thing to know is that Chrome has very poor chances of getting cards at regular rates. You can buy 1 box and get 5 Tmac RCs and then buy another 3 boxes and get none.

Good Luck!

Please tell us what you got out of them when you open them.

stkmtimo
04-07-2003, 06:19 PM
Where did you buy the boxes? I'm interested.

Tim

Garycolemanx
04-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey man thanks for the luck I am going to need it, I tend to buy boxes from various wholesalers I meet. I also buy from some freinds that work at card stores, but this I bought from a wholesaler. He gave me a preety good deal at 60 a box or 5 boxes for 250. So I bought the 5, if you ever need some boxes I can always check it out for you. Well I will let you guys know what I get when they arrive.

radioheadfloyd
04-08-2003, 12:25 AM
I think the odds on rookies are 1:4 packs. But I seem to get them in about half my packs. Maybe I have been just lucky but with chrome basketball and hockey this year in nearly every pack I am either getting a rookie, refractor, or insert. I probablly have only bought 10 chrome basketball packs and gotten 3 refractor rookies and I think they are suppose to be 1:24.

pwaldo
04-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
I think the odds on rookies are 1:4 packs. But I seem to get them in about half my packs. Maybe I have been just lucky but with chrome basketball and hockey this year in nearly every pack I am either getting a rookie, refractor, or insert. I probablly have only bought 10 chrome basketball packs and gotten 3 refractor rookies and I think they are suppose to be 1:24.

Yeah the odds for rookies NOW in chrome are about 1:4 but he is talking about a box from 1997-98. Back then they did not insert rookies at a ratio. In fact you could get multiple rookies in the pack. That's why I always bought them. Except that I missed out on the Kobe & Iverson Topps Chrome Rookie Year :mad:

Garycolemanx
04-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Well thats good news I cant wait until they get here

Garycolemanx
04-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Well guys it turnes out I got 1 T Mac Rookiethats it out of 5 boxes, hell with Chrome, :( . I am rather mad but I also bought a box of Spx of the same year got 2 T Macs and 3 Duncans and a Gold Kobe from 1 box. So that makes up for it. Still though 5 boxes and 1 T mac, Chrome is craaaaazy.

pwaldo
04-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Garycolemanx
Well guys it turnes out I got 1 T Mac Rookiethats it out of 5 boxes, hell with Chrome, :( . I am rather mad but I also bought a box of Spx of the same year got 2 T Macs and 3 Duncans and a Gold Kobe from 1 box. So that makes up for it. Still though 5 boxes and 1 T mac, Chrome is craaaaazy.

Yup. That's why I don't like Chrome that much. One box you can get a ton of good cards and then buy a case and get nothing.

Sorry to hear you only got 1 Tmac.

Did you get any Duncan Chrome Rookies?

stkmtimo
04-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Ouch, 1 T Mac. Thought you'd get at least 3. Chrome is so sporadic it's not even funny.

Tim

radioheadfloyd
04-10-2003, 08:51 PM
That is crazy! I have bought a few packs of 03 Chrome in Basketball and Hockey and have gotten a ton of rookies. I guess it is all random.

Garycolemanx
04-10-2003, 11:41 PM
:( No Duncans all I got was a Reg T Mac Rookie and a Destiny Refractor T Mac. As we all know the Destiny suck and are just there to get you excited. You have to hear the refractors I got too

A.C Green
Kendal Gill
Dereck Fisher
Travis Best
Austin Crosere
Joe Smith
ETC....

Those were the good ones HA

I got 1 Keith Van Horn Rookie big whoop

and the rest were crap, no good Refractors, no good Topps 40 refractors either, and nothing real rare. Thats all, it really sucks, I probaly wont invest in Chrome that much anymore cause it scares me. SPX has a lot of good stuff though, not the new stuff, the older SPX has got some good finds. Chrome I might try it again, but it might be awhile, thats just crazy thats 116 packs with

1 T Mac Rookie

T Mac Destiny Refractor

Keith Van Horn Rookie

Crazy...... I think so yes

:( WOE IS ME

pwaldo
04-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Oh man that sucks. I thought that you would at least get a Duncan Rookie.

That is a really bad break then. 5 boxes should have gotten you some better stuff. At least you got a really good deal on the boxes. You could have spent a lot more.

Garycolemanx
04-11-2003, 04:01 PM
yeah thats the only good thing that came out of this situation, but thanks for your sympothy it feels good that others feel my pain HA. Anyway thanks for the support I will let you know if I buy anything else.

stkmtimo
04-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Yeah, congrats on the few nice pulls. Sorry to hear that you didn't get more.

Tim