PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think this is a fake?

Fordman7795
05-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Ive heard of people making fake NBA Logo patches and selling them on ebay before so now i am paranoid. What gets me the most is on the back it says "game worn jersey" and the front pic he cuts off the spot where it would say "authentic jersey" or "authentic patch"
http://cgi.ebay.com/REGGIE-MILLER-JERSEY-PATCH-LOGO-NUMBERED-6-50_W0QQitemZ8810887845QQcategoryZ44858QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now here is one from the same set
http://cgi.ebay.com/03-04-Fleer-Flair-Reggie-Miller-JERSEY-PATCH-17-50_W0QQitemZ8806903848QQcategoryZ44862QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

it says "jersey patch" on the front. did the seller in the first one cut that out of the pic so people wouldnt see "game worn jersey" and not the word patch?
or am i completely paranoid?

springwoodslasher
05-13-2006, 02:56 AM
I'd say you're not just being paranoid and it's fake. Like you said, he cut out where it would say if it was a jersey or patch. I'd be very careful with that one.

will22clark
05-13-2006, 04:16 AM
alot of thing to consider!! If it was real,would there be 50 like that in the set?NO WAY!!!! thats the biggest issue im having with this one!!!otherwise its real to me.

Fordman7795
05-13-2006, 08:51 AM
i guess its possible there was a 50 card patch set and only 1 of them had a logo man but it just seems to fishy to me. thanks for the inputs guys. btw i have seen some logo man cards on "player worn warm-up" cards before. how stupid is that.

aiancwebb
05-13-2006, 10:24 AM
why don't you ask the seller what it says?

lil5up3rman
05-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Don't know if it matters to you or not but the guy also has no negative feedback that's what I looked at. Don't know personally if the card is a fake or not.

Fordman7795
05-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Just cuz he has 100% feedback doesnt mean its fake or not. Its possible he acquired the card from a person who faked it and is now trying to sell it assuming its real. I dont know.....

LakersMC
05-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I think he left out the bottom of the card on purpose. It will either say "jersey" or "patch" there. I tend to think it is FAKE.

travlncard
05-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Well I figured Id drop my .02 cents in... A few years back I as big into the patch cards, as a matter of fact all I used to search was logo patch on ebay. Then one day I get a Preist Holmes in the mail with the NFL shield on it from Leaf Certified. From I think 2003... Im thinkin its the coolest thing ever right? well the NFL sheild that was on it was the new version. They changed the symbol over in 2004. Well I had the card for a while not even knowing this, then I unfortunetly sell it at a card show... Guy comes back later that day sayin dude yoouaint gonna believe this... Here he had realized that the logo was the wrong one and litterly peeled right off of the card to reviele a plain white jersey card underneath it. I about puked! looking at that one I would say its fake, especially with the ding in the lower left corner of the patch piece... Thats right where that fake logo, was stuffed in there probably with needle or somethin. It goes on man, more often than you would think. I would say steer clear of all patch cards, unless its a new issued one that straight up is an NBA Logo man set or so on. Obviuosly he knows whats goin there or he would have the whole card scanned. That alone is a red flag for me, Id say way to go you did your research and prevented yourself from getting screwed... Nice One and I dont think your being parnoid at all. Its your money your gonna spend, nothin wrong with lookin into it. Thats also an advantage of using this site, you get everyone elses opions as well. Thats all I got... Stay Away From It!

Fordman7795
05-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Thank you very much travlncard. Your info is much appreciated. I heard from people before that some (not all) logo patches are super low #ed. Some even being 1/1. I asked him to send a pic of the whole front then we will see. Even if it does say "authentic patch" it doesnt really clear up a whole lot.

lil5up3rman
05-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey he has a really good point, i can't believe people have to be dishonest about something just to put a little money in their pocket that's messed up.

Fordman7795
05-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Well this makes me lean ever farther to FAKE. this is his response to my question

"Hi, can you please send me a scan of the complete front of the card, thanks"

his reply

"Trust me the card is in perfect shape .It was in my personal collection. You will really like this card. Thanks"

Delly
05-14-2006, 07:31 AM
He added a pic of the full front.

kyle12162000
05-14-2006, 10:56 AM
At least you didn't pay much $ for the NBA logo patch Miller.
If it is a fake, you only lost a few bucks.
Thanks for the listing. I am much wiser now.

Fordman7795
05-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Auction is still running as far as i know.

Ariza1
05-14-2006, 12:42 PM
really it is hard to say it could be fake but then again it could not.

Insane Irish
05-14-2006, 12:55 PM
If you check my old posts, this is the same guy who was selling these cards awhile ago, he had 2 cards he was selling, each said "jersey card" not patch, and the were the bottom and top of the NBA logo man. 2 different cards, and one was the top part of the logo man, and the second card was the exact bottom of the logo man. Hence, he cut a patch in half, and glued it on 2 different cards. All this guy sells is old Fleer cards, with perfect logo patches.
Also, all of his feedback is from buying, not selling. Pretty slick since fleer is out of business.
One of the cards he had awhile ago didn't even have a patch variation, it ONLY had jerseys listed in Beckett. I say again, the "patch" variation DID NOT EXIST.

HE IS A SCAM ARTIST, pure and simple truth folks, I even Emailed him and called him out on it, and guess what, the "buyer" backed out on his card too.

Fordman7795
05-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info insane. I sent him a lengthy message to which he has not responded. before that he responded in 10 mins. So when i told him why i think the card is a fake he doesnt reply. I have heard that scammers do this to Fleer card so they cant be looked up.

kittykatlynn
05-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Ya,a while back they sold some jersey cards without the jersey in them on ebay. Thats where he prob. got the stuff

Star_Cards
05-18-2006, 08:10 AM
No idea of the authenticity, but maybe the card companies should have an online database of there low numbered logo cards. That way you could go in and see all of the 50 Reggie Miller cards from that set and match up the pict to the card being sold. I'm sure that would be a huge undertaking, but would be great to be able to go to an official site and see if 06/50 of miller was a logo patch.

Maybe they could lock the pictures so you can view only and not copy as having all of the cards online would open the doors for scammers posting picts of cards they don't have. Although, they already do that anyways.

I have seen a post, on beckett I think, where a guy sent an action to someone at upper deck about a UD card he questioned about a logo patch placement. Don't have the info, but maybe you could check into that.

good luck.
m

Fordman7795
05-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the reply Star_cards. The orignal bidder retracted his bid after i sent him a message with a link to this thread. he bid $55.00 on it. After the other guys bid it up over $50 i gave up. It ended up selling for $65 or so. Too bad.....