PDA

View Full Version : Question about unpriced SP Authentic card

bharrelson
05-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Hey all,

About a year ago I bought a bunch of packs of 2003-2004 SP Authentic basketball cards. Inside one of 'em, I found an Authentic Fabrics Triple of Ben Wallace, Rip Hamilton, and Darko Milicic serial #18/25. In the beckett, it says its not priced due to scarcity. Could anyone help figure out what this card may be worth? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

bgeepacute
05-25-2006, 03:15 AM
as we all know, it will all depend on the buyer/offer itself. many #d 25 below were so unpredictable to price due to rarity as you cant see them often on the secondary market. some sells well esp if you found a collector of that particular player whos willing to spend more just to get it (and yes, even if its big jake tsakalidis /25). the best advise i can say is post it on ebay. the bidders will dictate its REAL value, unlike beckett mags as it can be biased. (like i won this olajuwon sp sig auto for $36+shipping), then found out that beckett listed it for $25! you kidding me? olajuwon auto for $25??? give me a break! everybody loves olajuwon right?

LakersMC
05-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Yes, bgeepacute has hit on an old debate about "beckett book value" vs. "ebay value". But that's another story. So I'll tell you my 2c on the BV of your card.

I saw a triple from that same set (Kobe, Payton, Shaq) sell for $44. Same set; same print run of #25. An unnumbered similar triple from a different set (Kobe, Payton, Malone) is listed in Beckett for $80. So a wild guess at the Beckett value of the SP Authentic lakers card might be $150 - $200.

So my unprofessional guesses at your card might be:
- $30 ebay value
- $100 Beckett value