PDA

View Full Version : with only 100 bucks to spend which box should i buy to get best bang for my buck?help

jfairbanks
05-23-2006, 01:32 AM
ok i have 100 bucks to drop on a box of cards. what should i buy, ive bought about 4 boxes of topps chrome basketball and nothing special. where do i have the best chance at really pulling something without dropping 200 ona box. remember only 100 MAX...

springwoodslasher
05-23-2006, 04:18 AM
I'd say your only choices are Sweet Shot and SPX since you don't want Topps Chrome, but both are hit or miss. If you can come up with a little more, I'd say go with Topps First Row. I'd love to pick one up myself, but just don't have the cash. You get 2 autos per box, a bunch of low numbered parallels/inserts, and I know at least 1 gu. I think the low numbered inserts and autos look sweet too. The Paul base rc by itself books $20, so the product isn't too bad. I've only bought 5 packs, but I've hit a Chris Paul rc parallel /325 bv:$25, Nate Robinson rc parallel /325 bv:$10, Rashad McCants rc parallel /325 bv:$12.50, Chris Paul Baseline insert /149 bv:$10, Tmac Baseline insert /149 bv:$8, and a Pau Gasol Thunder magenta printing plate 1/1. I don't think I did too bad for only 5 packs.

Most boxes that you have great chances of hitting something good are over $100, unfortunately. I hope you can find something you like and hit something great out of it.