PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Davis trial is starting to make me ashamed to be a Floridian, and an American.

Imac7065
02-15-2014, 07:24 PM
For those who do not know what I am referring to, a group of teens were playing loud music in a truck... when a middle aged man "asked" them to turn it down, one of the boys more of less said "F U"...

Wickabee
02-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Just another day in FLA.

Imac7065
02-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Just another day in FLA.

That cynical view is absolutely wrong. North of Orlando FL is as bass akwards as alabama, mississippi, louisiana, etc etc. I4 south is a very normal society that would never put up with crap like this. Jeb Bush, Rick Scott, and the far right republican party of Florida are responsible for situations like this. It was Bush's law, backed up by Scott that allows people like this "man" to kill and declare self defense.

Since stand your ground has been put in place I have literally had the right to deem a person tapping on my shoulder a "lethal threat" and shoot them to death. Get into a fight? Killing your opponent in FL is justified. A drunken idiot stumbling into you? Kill them, they are a threat. A teenager looks menacing? KILL THEM! It's the law thanks to the republicans in my state.. as I said I am ashamed to live here because of it.

Imac7065
02-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Just an update**** The jury in fact was hung on murder.. which infuriates me. However, they found the man guilty of attempted murder on the other 3 men in the car as well as firing a weapon. How on earth he's guilty of attempting to murder the 3 he shot, but somehow, someone in that jury thought he was innocent of killing the person who died... boggles my mind.

On a side note... it has come to light that the defendant also wrote racist letters, and made racist phone calls while in jail awaiting trial. The Judge would not allow this to be shown in court but the state is filing an objection to allow this information to be presented if a second trial is held.

steelers#1fan
02-15-2014, 08:30 PM
What the guy did was wrong and he should be dealt with, but on the same token, the media has a field day on white on black crime. Heard of Roderick Scott? He was the black man who shot Chris Cervini,...

Imac7065
02-15-2014, 08:33 PM
was that in Florida using the stand your ground law? If so you are 100% right and there should be an outcry for justice. The reason these cases get so much attention is because of that law. George...

mrveggieman
02-15-2014, 09:10 PM
If a white woman can kill her own child in Florida and get away for it you know that that a racist like Zimmerman or this other guy has about a snowman's chance in hell to get punished for killing a black one. If he does do any time I hope that he gets some swift prison justice just old boy from canton, ga got.

Imac7065
02-15-2014, 09:14 PM
He's got a mandatory minimum of 65+ years coming to him... that's not the point.. the jury hung on the murder charge.. which insinuates at least one juror believed it was ok to KILL an unarmed teen...

habsheaven
02-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Here's my take on it. The guy is most certainly guilty of murder but the degree is the only matter of dispute on the jury. There may be a couple of jurors that do not believe it is premeditated...

centrehice
02-16-2014, 12:42 AM
Did this arseholio just get off?

It looks like he is innocent of murder from what I read on CNN. Balderdash if true.

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 01:25 AM
If a white woman can kill her own child in Florida and get away for it you know that that a racist like Zimmerman or this other guy has about a snowman's chance in hell to get punished for killing a black one. If he does do any time I hope that he gets some swift prison justice just old boy from canton, ga got.

Are you saying the Casey Anthony verdict was racist?

Imac7065
02-16-2014, 02:07 AM
He had to re enter his car, open his glove box, pull out his weapon, and open fire. That is pre meditated. You don't have to go to the gas station intending to kill for it to be murder 1. Murder 2...

habsheaven
02-16-2014, 08:05 AM
He had to re enter his car, open his glove box, pull out his weapon, and open fire. That is pre meditated. You don't have to go to the gas station intending to kill for it to be murder 1. Murder 2 would insinuate he killed the person on accident.. IE he aimed at the person's arm to wound and the bullet hit their chest. His actions spoke to intent.. hence murder 1. It was very very cut and dry.

What boggles my mind even more is that if this man believed he was in "imminent danger" (which was his defense) how did he have enough time to pull the gun from the glove box? If I think someone is pointing a shotgun at me (which he claimed) I'm running for my life, not getting in my car to open the glove box!

I agree with you, but many do not believe the bolded portion is pre meditated. They think that it is "all in the moment". No planning involved. So it is not cut and dry to them.

mrveggieman
02-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Are you saying the Casey Anthony verdict was racist?

If Casey Anthony were black she would have already been electrocuted.

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 11:54 AM
If Casey Anthony were black she would have already been electrocuted.

So you've actually found a way to justify turning a case filled with white people about black oppression. I like you, man, but thats just dumb.

mrveggieman
02-16-2014, 03:49 PM
So you've actually found a way to justify turning a case filled with white people about black oppression. I like you, man, but thats just dumb.

Look at the case of the black woman who shot at her ex husband in self defense and gets 20 years. Anthony murders her own baby and gets off. Now you tell me their isn't a double standard in our legal system.

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Look at the case of the black woman who shot at her ex husband in self defense and gets 20 years. Anthony murders her own baby and gets off. Now you tell me their isn't a double standard in our legal system.

That is neither here nor there. I know the case, and you're right that the verdict points to a messed up state. But that's not what I asked. Please answer the question posed. A simple yes or no will do.

However, you did let you feelings be known, and you're (yet again) proving that your view is that everything white people do is for purposes of oppressing blacks. Nothing any white person can ever do, outside of possibly suicide (though that would just be to take the focus off black suicide, wouldn't it?), can ever change you view of white people. You offend me because racists offend me.

ajcorleone
02-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes it is always the white guy who gets off.SHall I start a new thread do I really need to dig up to show it works both ways

mrveggieman
02-16-2014, 06:39 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PamIFCiVnY8

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Racism is offensive in all forms from all races, even black people.

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 06:44 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PamIFCiVnY8

I'm sorry, I'm not wasting 16 1/2 minutes. Please just tell me how it proves all white people are racist?

mrveggieman
02-16-2014, 07:05 PM
I never said white people are racist. I do agree with the video saying the criminal justice system was not designed to protect black people's best interests and that is who some of them fight so hard to keep things status quo.

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 07:14 PM
I never said white people are racist. I do agree with the video saying the criminal justice system was not designed to protect black people's best interests and that is who some of them fight so hard to keep things status quo.

By acquitting a white person in a case that has nothing to do with black people, white people are fighting to keep the black man down...

Just curious, exactly how much brainwashing propaganda do you have to read before believing that garbage? Have you ever considered thinking for yourself?

pwaldo
02-16-2014, 07:16 PM
was that in Florida using the stand your ground law? If so you are 100% right and there should be an outcry for justice. The reason these cases get so much attention is because of that law.

So the media doesn't care about innocent people dying they just hype up people to change public opinion about laws they don't like?

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
So the media doesn't care about innocent people dying they just hype up people to change public opinion about laws they don't like?

What would the media have against (or for) that law? It's a controversial law, controversy sells papers. Not everything is political. Most times it's just about money.

centrehice
02-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Yes it is always the white guy who gets off.SHall I start a new thread do I really need to dig up to show it works both ways

OJ is the only black guy that I know of that has ever gotten off, and that was due to shoddy Police work, and the world's 3 best trial lawyers. The others all are convicted.

Wickabee
02-16-2014, 11:49 PM
OJ is the only black guy that I know of that has ever gotten off, and that was due to shoddy Police work, and the world's 3 best trial lawyers. The others all are convicted.

There you have it folks, the master knower of all has spoken.

Just don't go looking into his claims. That would ruin his title.

JustAlex
02-17-2014, 01:15 AM
I think the guy was found guilty of some of the other counts, right?

Either way, this isn't a race thing, it's a gun thing....

I've given up discussing guns because there isn't any good arguments to be made.....so i'll just rant about my position for the sake of it.

I don't feel safe in America, I never really have and it's probably due to the fact that this country is so obviously messed up and honestly one of the biggest failures in the entire first world.

In my dreams I wish I lived in a country like Japan which bans all guns in the hands of regular citizens....every single type.

I don't want to see a gun, I don't like the concept of them, I see absolutely no good reason, NOT ONE good reason to own a gun.

We don't live in ancient times where you have to hunt your food....you can walk to the grocery and buy it, don't give me this nonsense about hunting.

They have one purpose and that is to shoot lead at a ridiculous speed which causes whatever it hits massive damage the majority of the time....while it did serve a more functional purpose at their inception, in a modern, technological world such as the 21st century, it is a damn shame that ANY first world country should even have such a weapon in the hands on regular citizens.

Oh and please don't quote me, I'm not interested in knowing why my liberal/communist/whatever-ism ideal is so wrong.....I'm not going to bother defending my position.

Because there are no good arguments in the gun debate.

ajbrinn
02-17-2014, 02:20 AM

I've given up discussing guns because there isn't any good arguments to be made.....so i'll just rant about my position for the sake of it.

I don't feel safe in America, I never really have and it's probably due to the fact that this country is so obviously messed up and honestly one of the biggest failures in the entire first world.

In my dreams I wish I lived in a country like Japan which bans all guns in the hands of regular citizens....every single type.

I don't want to see a gun, I don't like the concept of them, I see absolutely no good reason, NOT ONE good reason to own a gun.

We don't live in ancient times where you have to hunt your food....you can walk to the grocery and buy it, don't give me this nonsense about hunting.

They have one purpose and that is to shoot lead at a ridiculous speed which causes whatever it hits massive damage the majority of the time....while it did serve a more functional purpose at their inception, in a modern, technological world such as the 21st century, it is a damn shame that ANY first world country should even have such a weapon in the hands on regular citizens.

Oh and please don't quote me, I'm not interested in knowing why my liberal/communist/whatever-ism ideal is so wrong.....I'm not going to bother defending my position.

I feel shocked to say I totally agree with everything you said. Well said good sir.

ajcorleone
02-17-2014, 07:29 AM
You must not read much news if you think OJ is the only black guy to get off.

mrveggieman
02-17-2014, 07:51 AM
You must not read much news if you think OJ is the only black guy to get off.
Right and for ever 1 OJ there are 10, 000 George Zimmermans that no one hears about. Why when that white guy was shot and killed in south Carolina by the black guys, they were jailed and were getting the book thrown at them you conservatives still wanted to go up there with your white sheets and ropes to hand out a taste of southern justice. When it was Trayvon Martin or this other kid the conservative reaction was to suck it up and deal with it. And I'm the racist here for wanting to see justice for these kids? GTHO.

mrveggieman
02-17-2014, 07:57 AM

Ask the Jews how safe they were in Nazi Germany when Hitler took away their firearms. Or look no further than your own country and ask how safe any black person in the south felt without firearms when the local branch of the klan came knocking at their door to invite them to a "picnic".

Wickabee
02-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Right and for ever 1 OJ there are 10, 000 George Zimmermans that no one hears about. Why when that white guy was shot and killed in south Carolina by the black guys, they were jailed and were getting the book thrown at them you conservatives still wanted to go up there with your white sheets and roped to hand out a taste of southern justice. When it was Trayvon Martin or this other kid the conservative reaction was to suck it up and deal with it. And I'm the racist here for wanting to see justice for these kids? GTHO.
With Trayvon Martin innocent people were put in harms way for racist purposes by blacks.

So...you don't like bedsheets? You seem fine with lynching whites, and you say you're not racist, so that must be it. The sheets.

You're as racist as anyone out there because you do the exact same things.

Star_Cards
02-17-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm confused why he they would convict him of three counts of second degree attempted murder and not murder of Davis. It's all from the same event and the same firing of his weapon. He's still going to prison but is very curious as to who actually hung the jury and why.

mrveggieman
02-17-2014, 11:53 AM
With Trayvon Martin innocent people were put in harms way for racist purposes by blacks.

So...you don't like bedsheets? You seem fine with lynching whites, and you say you're not racist, so that must be it. The sheets.

You're as racist as anyone out there because you do the exact same things. Please quote where I advocated lynching anyone that wasn't a killer or sex offender?

Star_Cards
02-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Please quote where I advocated lynching anyone that wasn't a killer or sex offender?

You did seem to say that rioting and looting was a way to bring about social change. Or at least that's what I thought you were saying by your post in the Sharper thread. You said it wasn't the best way to bring about social change but it sounded as if you were okay with it as a means of bringing an issue to the mainstream.

Wickabee
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Please quote where I advocated lynching anyone that wasn't a killer or sex offender?

I seem to recall you being pretty on board with the release of Zimmerman's address, until it turned out to be the wrong address. That was a lynching.

mrveggieman
02-17-2014, 12:05 PM
I seem to recall you being pretty on board with the release of Zimmerman's address, until it turned out to be the wrong address. That was a lynching.
Yes I was ok with Zimmerman or anyone else being punished for murdering a child. I never advocated any violence against innocent people. Next.

Wickabee
02-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Yes I was ok with Zimmerman or anyone else being punished for murdering a child. I never advocated any violence against innocent people. Next.

You do realize people who had nothing to do with any of it had to leave their home for fear of their lives. Had it been the right address, George's parents might be dead. But hey, they're not black so let 'em all die, right?

Nevermind. I don't want to read another racist ranting from you. Racism offends me therefore you offend me. To think you want me dead simply because I'm white makes me pity you. Someone failed to teach you.

mrveggieman
02-17-2014, 02:01 PM
You do realize people who had nothing to do with any of it had to leave their home for fear of their lives. Had it been the right address, George's parents might be dead. But hey, they're not black so let 'em all die, right?

Nevermind. I don't want to read another racist ranting from you. Racism offends me therefore you offend me. To think you want me dead simply because I'm white makes me pity you. Someone failed to teach you.

Or even worse how some of you people up north don't give a damn about a black child being murdered even though it could have been your child. Wait a minute if it was heads would literally be rolling. If I didn't know any better I would think that some of you are straight out of dixie 1955.

ajbrinn
02-17-2014, 02:30 PM
1. Anyone who uses race in an argument or to state a fact or something to that matter is just ignorant and fueling the fire of a war that divides us over something that doesn't exist.

2. Any violent action is wrong, whether it be used in a criminal manner or to extract revenge

3. You use guns to kill there is no other use

4. Americans in general are so ignorant to the realities put before them that I just have to shake my head, you see things like your constitution is a farce because until it is used to protects everyone equally it really protects no one.

5. Your rights are not really rights, you cannot be stripped of your rights, but your freedom can be taken away, you can lose your license and can no longer drive and if you commit a violent felony then the right to bear arms no longer applies to you, thus your rights are illusions and your fights over them make people in big business and organizations like the NRA rich.

6. Try to quit looking at yourselves as black, white rich, poor, Jew, Muslim, American, Canadian or whatever and start to look at yourself and others as what we all really are, human beings. You are all so angry towards people you don't even know and who don't know you because of ignorance, every man is your brother and every woman your sister. Learn to help instead of harming, start small and work up, instill true values in the younger generation instead of poisoning their minds with sociological propaganda.

7. Learn to be the bigger man, apologise, smile as you shake the hand of your enemy and walk away.

shrewsbury
02-17-2014, 03:07 PM
why can't someone mention race, do you not think racism exists and needs to be pointed out?

to protect yourself and loved ones from harm may require violence, to allow others to kill and rape and do nothing is the only thing ignorant stated here.

guns are used for many things, ask a farmer, a hunter, an outdoorsman, or someone who lives in isolation.

our rights are based on how we interact with other americans and thus can be taken away. and where does it say we have the right to drive a car?

7. Learn to be the bigger man, apologise, smile as you shake the hand of your enemy and walk away.

and is that enemy killing my child or raping my wife?

you are complaining about someone being bias while you show nothing but bias, not sure how that works.

1. Anyone who uses race in an argument or to state a fact or something to that matter is just ignorant and fueling the fire of a war that divides us over something that doesn't exist.

2. Any violent action is wrong, whether it be used in a criminal manner or to extract revenge

3. You use guns to kill there is no other use

4. Americans in general are so ignorant to the realities put before them that I just have to shake my head, you see things like your constitution is a farce because until it is used to protects everyone equally it really protects no one.

5. Your rights are not really rights, you cannot be stripped of your rights, but your freedom can be taken away, you can lose your license and can no longer drive and if you commit a violent felony then the right to bear arms no longer applies to you, thus your rights are illusions and your fights over them make people in big business and organizations like the NRA rich.

6. Try to quit looking at yourselves as black, white rich, poor, Jew, Muslim, American, Canadian or whatever and start to look at yourself and others as what we all really are, human beings. You are all so angry towards people you don't even know and who don't know you because of ignorance, every man is your brother and every woman your sister. Learn to help instead of harming, start small and work up, instill true values in the younger generation instead of poisoning their minds with sociological propaganda.

Wickabee
02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
1: What do you mean by &quot;you people&quot; veg? <br />
<br />
2: Really? People in Canada didn't care about a particular death in another country? You're right, that does prove we're racist. Of course, all things...

gsj68
02-17-2014, 03:23 PM

and if im examining some skulls and can clearly see that this one is west African,that one is Polynesian and this is a north European,is that ignorant?

habsheaven
02-17-2014, 03:29 PM
It's quite simple actually. Someone on the jury did not feel he committed FIRST degree murder. Based on the other convictions, I am guessing this juror would have convicted him of second degree...

mrveggieman
02-17-2014, 04:18 PM
I never heard of any of those stories but I am glad you posted. The first two are about cops who commit murder. Cops take a vow serve and protect the public. These two cops broke their vows, are...

centrehice
02-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Ask the Jews how safe they were in Nazi Germany when Hitler took away their firearms. Or look no further than your own country and ask how safe any black person in the south felt without firearms when the local branch of the klan came knocking at their door to invite them to a "picnic".

Jews never had firearms in Nazi Germany at any time.. You really need a history lesson. Your American birth simply leads you to assumption that every person in the World has a gun.

Wickabee
02-17-2014, 04:24 PM
I never heard of any of those stories but I am glad you posted. The first two are about cops who commit murder. Cops take a vow serve and protect the public. These two cops broke their vows, are traitors and are traitors to their country and are worthy of death just like anyone else who betrays their country. As far as the third case is involved in am saddened this little bgirl died but I am going to reserve further judgement until I get more information.

I really don't care about any of that. Canadians died, you didn't say anything, therefore you want all Canadians dead. This is YOUR logic. There is no hiding it.

Seriously, I'm tired of you expecting me to sit around and just take it while you attack me and my race, especially when you hold a double standard, make incredibly racist remarks, lie, ignore, or bring up things that have nothing to do with race. I don't like you using racist epithets like "you people" (we all know what that means, right?), or making unfounded, wild, and sweeping accusations against Canadians, whites, Americans, blacks or anyone else. If there is ANY justice in the world your hate speech will get you banned from this site. I'm all for a different point of view, but it's become obvious you're nothing but hate against whitey and, apparently, Canada.

mrveggieman
02-17-2014, 04:41 PM
I really don't care about any of that. Canadians died, you didn't say anything, therefore you want all Canadians dead. This is YOUR logic. There is no hiding it.

Seriously, I'm tired of you expecting me to sit around and just take it while you attack me and my race, especially when you hold a double standard, make incredibly racist remarks, lie, ignore, or bring up things that have nothing to do with race. I don't like you using racist epithets like "you people" (we all know what that means, right?), or making unfounded, wild, and sweeping accusations against Canadians, whites, Americans, blacks or anyone else. If there is ANY justice in the world your hate speech will get you banned from this site. I'm all for a different point of view, but it's become obvious you're nothing but hate against whitey and, apparently, Canada.
Not sure if serious or if he is just trolling.

Wickabee
02-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Not sure if serious or if he is just trolling. I can't think of anything to say, so I'll make a sad attempt at calling your credibility into question despite the fact everyone who reads this can clearly see I have no defense...DEATH TO WHITEY

Here, I made it more honest for you. No need to sugarcoat things after all.

ajbrinn
02-17-2014, 05:45 PM
most people look but never see, they listen but never hear their minds are clouded, open your mind and your heart free yourself from the anger that lies within. learn to view the word as it should be not as it is. Too much irrationalism and ignorance abound in this world, it keeps us from becoming more than we are. Become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

why can't someone mention race, do you not think racism exists and needs to be pointed out?

to protect yourself and loved ones from harm may require violence, to allow others to kill and rape and do nothing is the only thing ignorant stated here.

guns are used for many things, ask a farmer, a hunter, an outdoorsman, or someone who lives in isolation.

our rights are based on how we interact with other americans and thus can be taken away. and where does it say we have the right to drive a car?

and is that enemy killing my child or raping my wife?

you are complaining about someone being bias while you show nothing but bias, not sure how that works.

shrewsbury
02-17-2014, 05:48 PM
I can agree with the last post, as it can be very true.

JustAlex
02-17-2014, 11:21 PM
From what I hear he's going to get at the very least 20 years. <br />
<br />
Anything lower than that I can fully expect understandable outrage from various people. <br />
<br />
The truth is that I don't believe in...

ajcorleone
02-17-2014, 11:28 PM
At what one point does one realize they cannot change the country and look elsewhere so they can find happiness????

ajbrinn
02-17-2014, 11:39 PM
At what one point does one realize they cannot change the country and look elsewhere so they can find happiness????
People can change it but they are to lazy, scared of just do not care, their forefathers would be embarrassed to see what America has been reduced too. A nation of unsympathetic uncaring cowards who have the perfect representatives on capitol hill, a bunch of stupid uncaring politicians representing a bunch of stupid uncaring people. Of course there are exceptions as not all Americans are uncaring and stupid just the majority of them who vote in the same poisons election after elections. Wake up and rise up.

ajcorleone
02-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Interesting take
People can change it but they are to lazy, scared of just do not care, their forefathers would be embarrassed to see what America has been reduced too. A nation of unsympathetic uncaring cowards who have the perfect representatives on capitol hill, a bunch of stupid uncaring politicians representing a bunch of stupid uncaring people. Of course there are exceptions as not all Americans are uncaring and stupid just the majority of them who vote in the same poisons election after elections. Wake up and rise up.

Wickabee
02-18-2014, 12:09 AM

Just before 1776, and they started a country that would be worth fighting for, not a country of cowards running from bullies.

ajcorleone
02-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Good point thats why I love this country.Don't get the same vibe sometimes just whining instead of suggestions.
Just before 1776, and they started a country that would be worth fighting for, not a country of cowards running from bullies.

mrveggieman
02-18-2014, 06:01 AM
people can change it but they are to lazy, scared of just do not care, their forefathers would be embarrassed to see what america has been reduced too. A nation of unsympathetic uncaring cowards who have the perfect representatives on capitol hill, a bunch of stupid uncaring politicians representing a bunch of stupid uncaring people. Of course there are exceptions as not all americans are uncaring and stupid just the majority of them who vote in the same poisons election after elections. Wake up and rise up.

church!!

Star_Cards
02-18-2014, 10:33 AM
ah... didn't think about a disagreement to a lesser charge being an issue as well. Sounds like he'll be found guilty of at least second degree murder when he's retried. Either way he's going to...

sanfran22
02-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Racism is offensive in all forms from all races, even black people.

Amen......

sanfran22
02-18-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm confused why he they would convict him of three counts of second degree attempted murder and not murder of Davis. It's all from the same event and the same firing of his weapon. He's still going to prison but is very curious as to who actually hung the jury and why.

I think it's because they went for murder 1......

Wickabee
02-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Veg posted a video. Can't remember if it was here or another thread, but about a minute in the expert who's being interviewed says flat out that they overcharged him on Murder 1, and should have gone...

Imac7065
02-18-2014, 04:50 PM
To those saying "its not a race thing"...

Michael Giles, a military vet who served in Iraq was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2010 for shooting a man in the leg after a club brawl broke out and he was jumped. Giles never threw a punch, never got into a fight with anyone.. and all witnesses testified he was attacked without provocation. Giles is black....

Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 after firing a single warning shot in her own home. She had been beaten by her husband and demanded he leave the home, when he refused, she fired the shot. Alexander is black....

I don't care if its 2014 or 1914... if one race is being treated differently than another.. its racism.

Wickabee
02-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes, but you can't say ALL cases are one or the other. They overcharged him in this case. I cannot possibly see any reasoning around that.

ajcorleone
02-18-2014, 04:59 PM
THese 2 cases are a travesty.So you are telling me this only happens in cases when people are black>Because if so we are going to need a bigger boat because I can open your eyes to many more injustices where innocent people are wronged.AND THEY ARE ALL COLORS including dare I say it white

Michael Giles, a military vet who served in Iraq was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2010 for shooting a man in the leg after a club brawl broke out and he was jumped. Giles never threw a punch, never got into a fight with anyone.. and all witnesses testified he was attacked without provocation. Giles is black....

Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 after firing a single warning shot in her own home. She had been beaten by her husband and demanded he leave the home, when he refused, she fired the shot. Alexander is black....

I don't care if its 2014 or 1914... if one race is being treated differently than another.. its racism.

Wickabee
02-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Aj: Google "Dziekanski"

ajcorleone
02-18-2014, 05:10 PM
I remember the incident.But you won't hear about it on here

Imac7065
02-18-2014, 05:12 PM
THese 2 cases are a travesty.So you are telling me this only happens in cases when people are black>Because if so we are going to need a bigger boat because I can open your eyes to many more injustices where innocent people are wronged.AND THEY ARE ALL COLORS including dare I say it white

What I want to know are the jury instructions... in both the zimmerman and dunn cases the jury was told if they believed that the defendant "believed they were in harm" then they were innocent of murder.. which is utter (word I cannot say here). If the jury in the Giles or Alexander cases were given the same instructions they would both be free. I would like to know how many self defense cases actually receive that instruction.. and how many black vs. white cases on top of that.

Imac7065
02-18-2014, 05:14 PM

I remember this case but what does it have to do with self defense?

Wickabee
02-18-2014, 05:35 PM
I remember the incident.But you won't hear about it on here

All things being fair, getting it out of you would be like pulling teeth as well.

ajcorleone
02-18-2014, 06:56 PM
How so?
All things being fair, getting it out of you would be like pulling teeth as well.

Wickabee
02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
How so?

4 cops killed a guy on tape.

ajcorleone
02-18-2014, 07:12 PM
And they should do life or in my opinion because not all support it be put to death.Once law enforcement goes against what they stand for and what they are supposed to protect they should be treated like all other criminals once proven guilty.
4 cops killed a guy on tape.

Wickabee
02-18-2014, 07:21 PM
And they should do life or in my opinion because not all support it be put to death.Once law enforcement goes against what they stand for and what they are supposed to protect they should be treated like all other criminals once proven guilty.

Any cop stories in the blotter?

habsheaven
02-18-2014, 08:57 PM
It has nothing to do with race. They convicted him of 3 attempted murder charges and couldn't come to an agreement on the ONLY 1st degree murder charge. How more obvious can it be that it was about...

habsheaven
02-18-2014, 09:00 PM
What I want to know are the jury instructions... in both the zimmerman and dunn cases the jury was told if they believed that the defendant "believed they were in harm" then they were innocent of murder.. which is utter (word I cannot say here). If the jury in the Giles or Alexander cases were given the same instructions they would both be free. I would like to know how many self defense cases actually receive that instruction.. and how many black vs. white cases on top of that.

This has nothing to do with jury instructions? If it did, you would hear about it as the basis of an appeal. Judges CANNOT screw up their instructions to the jury. It is the first thing a losing attorney goes after. Even moreso than that. The judge usually consults with both attorneys in crafting the jury instructions.

gsj68
02-18-2014, 09:40 PM
you've been explaining the situation clear as day since page 1 and some people still don't get it,imagine trying to get a jury of 12 to understand and agree on something

mrveggieman
02-19-2014, 09:02 AM
to those saying "its not a race thing"...

Michael giles, a military vet who served in iraq was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2010 for shooting a man in the leg after a club brawl broke out and he was jumped. Giles never threw a punch, never got into a fight with anyone.. And all witnesses testified he was attacked without provocation. Giles is black....

Marissa alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 after firing a single warning shot in her own home. She had been beaten by her husband and demanded he leave the home, when he refused, she fired the shot. Alexander is black....

I don't care if its 2014 or 1914... If one race is being treated differently than another.. Its racism.
church!!
Church!!

Star_Cards
02-19-2014, 10:07 AM
I think it's because they went for murder 1......

agreed. I'm not an expert on that sort of thing but it sounds like even if he shot after they were fleeing it wouldn't meet the premeditated aspect. I found it odd that a few articles that I read acted like the guy was getting off or something. He still should be convicted of second degree murder once he's retried. I find it odd that the prosecution pushed for murder 1... although it seems like only one person hung the jury from what I heard.

Star_Cards
02-19-2014, 10:15 AM

What does the possibility of racism in other cases have to do with this case? Also, are people saying racism was the reason he fired at those guys or racism is the reason he wasn't found guilty of murder 1?

If it's the latter, I don't see it. He was found guilty of second degree attempted murder on three counts and will most likely be convicted of second degree murder when he's retried. What he did doesn't sound like he premeditated this. Sounds more heat of the moment. He'll be in prison for a very long time so I don't see how anyone can say that he got away with anything because he's white or because his victims were black.

ajcorleone
02-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Because I guess in my opinion it is only important when it could be a racial issue and activist can get some tv time.This guy in Arkansas killed a 15 year old girl because she played a prank (the story is in our daily crime blotter thread).He is black she is black but no outcry???????????????????????????????? A 15 year old girl was slain over a prank.She deserved a punishment for what she did but DEATH?? Why is nobody calling for this mans head.Oh yeah thats right because it has no racial tone. A shame

jlzinck
02-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Stop making sense. <br />
In BOTH cases the blame is was more on the prosecution than on the perceived racism. People who play the race game will not even listen to this. <br />
<br />
Geroge...

Wickabee
02-19-2014, 01:45 PM
He can still be charged with 2nd degree murder, no?

jlzinck
02-19-2014, 02:24 PM
The night this happened I heard they were going to retry the case. Not sure if they HAVE to stick with 1st degree or not. I would ask OP to research but he's ashamed to be a Floridian and an American

gsj68
02-19-2014, 02:41 PM
yes,they can retry him but if he gets what amounts to life on the other counts than whats the point of adding more

Wickabee
02-19-2014, 02:55 PM
yes,they can retry him but if he gets what amounts to life on the other counts than whats the point of adding more

The same as 3 consecutive life sentences?

I'd like to see them dole out 2 consecutive and one non-consecutive life sentences.

Wickabee
02-19-2014, 02:57 PM
The night this happened I heard they were going to retry the case. Not sure if they HAVE to stick with 1st degree or not. I would ask OP to research but he's ashamed to be a Floridian and an American

I'm from Canada and I'm ashamed of Florida, so...

jlzinck
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM
TRUE justice for one. Yes as it stands he will never get out of prison but he was only convicted of attempted murder and the young man is dead. <br />
<br />
If not for the idiots who charged him with 1st...

jlzinck
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm from Canada and I'm ashamed of Florida, so...

Maybe someday they will cut it from the mainland Bugs Bunny style and give it to Cuba.

ajcorleone
02-19-2014, 03:42 PM
SO again it was not race it was prosecution who botched this.

Wickabee
02-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Maybe someday they will cut it from the mainland Bugs Bunny style and give it to Cuba.

It'll take a wrong turn at Albuquerque and wind up in Egypt.

Wickabee
02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Yup. You could say they did it deliberately, but with the charges he took, there's little chance of him seeing the outside of a jail anyway. If they want, they can go back with Murder 2 and add that....

habsheaven
02-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Just to be clear. Premeditation does not have to mean a murder was planned in advance. All the lawyer pundits have said that the act of reaching over to the glove compartment and taking out the gun can be premeditation. The problem is most laypeople do not know this and apparently at least one of them on this jury would not consider it as such.

Wickabee
02-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Just to be clear. Premeditation does not have to mean a murder was planned in advance. All the lawyer pundits have said that the act of reaching over to the glove compartment and taking out the gun can be premeditation. The problem is most laypeople do not know this and apparently at least one of them on this jury would not consider it as such.

By that same token, taking it out of a holster or even changing it's trajectory is premeditation. That means every murder is premeditated.

JustAlex
02-20-2014, 12:01 AM
They won't have to.

Thanks to Climate change Florida will most likely be wiped off the face of the earth in the future.

shrewsbury
02-20-2014, 09:00 AM
is that before or after California tumbles into the sea?

jlzinck
02-20-2014, 09:02 AM
They won't have to.

Thanks to Climate change Florida will most likely be wiped off the face of the earth in the future.

Maybe 1000 generations from now. Of course the Ice Age was caused by Climate Change but people didn't have anyone to blame that on.