PDA

View Full Version : Crisis in Ukraine

pwaldo
03-03-2014, 10:30 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2571309/Surrender-3am-attack-Russian-naval-commander-issues-deadline-Ukrainian-troops-Crimea.html

Vladimir Putin was overseeing Russian tank manoeuvres yesterday as his troops tightened their grip on the Crimea.

Ukraine has effectively lost control of the peninsula and admits it has ‘no military options’ to make Moscow withdraw.

Although the Russian president has kept his silence on the crisis, his foreign minister said Russian troops were protecting people from ‘ultra-nationalist threats’ and would be staying put.

Justifying military action, Sergei Lavrov said: ‘This is a question of defending our citizens and compatriots, ensuring human rights, especially the right to life.’

Ukrainian commanders claimed yesterday they are being blackmailed into defecting to the Russian side.

One said he had been given an ultimatum to surrender his garrison or face a ‘storm’ – with threats made against the lives of his family and his subordinates.

Lieutenant Colonel Dmitry Delyatitsky, who leads a marine battalion, said he had been told by telephone to give in and make an oath of allegiance to the pro-Russian ‘puppet’ regime in Crimea.

His is one of the few Crimean unit not to be taken over by pro-Russian troops.

Ukrainian officials said Aleksander Vitkoset, the head of Russia’s Black Sea fleet, had set the deadline.

However the Russian ministry of defence said the idea of an ultimatum was ‘complete nonsense’. It accused Ukraine of trying to spark war by making the allegations, adding: ‘Efforts to make us clash won’t work.’

No shots have been fired in the conflict but an estimated 10,000 Russian soldiers are said to have been deployed to the Crimea.

ajcorleone
03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
ANd we have people on here bashing this country we live in.BAH HA HA HA imagine living in this mess

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 09:29 AM
and what will Obama do about the treaty signed by us and others to protect them? oh, and it was signed by a favorite democratic president, not a war mongering republican.

ajcorleone
03-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Hmm you here those crickets.I sure do but don't worry it will get blamed on the GOP,Bush<Reagan maybe Howard STern or George Steinbrenner
and what will Obama do about the treaty signed by us and others to protect them? oh, and it was signed by a favorite democratic president, not a war mongering republican.

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 10:30 AM
ANd we have people on here bashing this country we live in.BAH HA HA HA imagine living in this mess

"It's worse elsewhere so take it and shut up" is your thought pattern?

So you believe it's only worth making things better if there's nothing else worse? That's terrible thinking.

habsheaven
03-04-2014, 10:31 AM
I have no idea what Obama will do. What would the people criticizing Obama suggest he do?

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Hmm you here those crickets.I sure do but don't worry it will get blamed on the GOP,Bush<Reagan maybe Howard STern or George Steinbrenner

Only because I've seen it multiple times and am starting to suspect it's more a mistake than a typo now: hear. The one that's about listening has "ear" in it.

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 11:02 AM
habs, I would suggest he first needs to take a drink so he can wash down the words he ate, when he said to Romney (during debates) "the 80's are calling" and russia is not a threat.

my suggestion would be to not talk smack and think ahead. don't act like everyone else is a war monger when you have not been in their shoes at that time.

so now do we sacrifice more lives, spend more money, and create a new war to keep a promise signed by no other than Obama's good pal Clinton?
or like the Constitution will he not be obligated to stand by things he doesn't see fit?

wick, I HEAR you

habsheaven
03-04-2014, 11:38 AM
habs, I would suggest he first needs to take a drink so he can wash down the words he ate, when he said to Romney (during debates) "the 80's are calling" and russia is not a threat.

my suggestion would be to not talk smack and think ahead. don't act like everyone else is a war monger when you have not been in their shoes at that time.

so now do we sacrifice more lives, spend more money, and create a new war to keep a promise signed by no other than Obama's good pal Clinton?
or like the Constitution will he not be obligated to stand by things he doesn't see fit?

wick, I HEAR you

I'm sorry Jay, I do not see an answer to the question. I see a whole lot of shoulda, coulda, woulda. followed by a repeat of my question. This is no different than every other incident; blame Obama, no matter what he does and try to attach what is happening now to his actions in the past. Again, what should OBAMA do NOW.

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 11:43 AM
You know, with the fact that treaty exists, and with the fact Ukraine cannot defend itself against Russia, I'm actually kind of for going into this one. This is the global level bullying Americans love to say they always go in and stop, but now who signed and said what is such a big issue? This is petty. At the end of the day, Iraq was the bungle. There was no reason to go in, as there was with Afghanistan and now Ukraine. It cost so much, and was so underhanded that now more Americans than ever don't trust war. Many who do don't trust this President, so they use this to put him in a corner instead of do what's right. Bravo.

If you hadn't gone into Iraq, this wouldn't be a question, you'd have been in Ukraine yesterday.

centrehice
03-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Putin is just doing a Land-Grab. He want's desperately to take back those sections of the Crimea that the drunken, yobbo Yelstin gave away one night in an alcoholic stupor. This is what it's all about.

It's not about Ukrainian Security. Nothing the Russians would love more than to see Ukraine collapse within itself so Putin can say "I told you so", march in when the smoke and disaster is over. provide clean-up and keep the place.

Ukraine provided 1/3 of all the food to the CCCP, when it belonged to the Soviet Union, people forget that.

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 01:09 PM
habs, sorry, no need to answer a question that I could not possibly be in someone shoes to answer. pointing out the fact that he has to swallow his words and now may have to understand peace sometimes requires war is priceless.
why would I tell the president of the united states what to do? what qualifies me to make such a decision?
the fact is he has proven time and time again he is no better than those people think he is better than, at least Bush knew he was an idiot.

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 01:26 PM
People are dying, but something the President said is suddenly really juicy. Let's focus on that!

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 01:37 PM
and people weren't dying in Iraq?
but because it was Bush?

and again, what is my focus going to do, even if I had the save all answer, do you think politicians are listening?

habsheaven
03-04-2014, 01:49 PM
habs, sorry, no need to answer a question that I could not possibly be in someone shoes to answer. pointing out the fact that he has to swallow his words and now may have to understand peace sometimes requires war is priceless.
why would I tell the president of the united states what to do? what qualifies me to make such a decision?
the fact is he has proven time and time again he is no better than those people think he is better than, at least Bush knew he was an idiot.

The same thing that qualifies you to comment on his "mistakes in judgement". - Nothing.

razzamaztaz
03-04-2014, 02:04 PM
That American media is biased is no surprise, but I can hardly believe my eyes what most European media is saying too. Sweden for instance cries out it must increase its military cause Russia is a threat. It's so pathetic, but I'm sure the military really is grinning big for the prospect of more money. War is always profitable for certain people. But this Russia-hatred which is borderline to paranoia, what is with people really? Yes Putin is a butthead. Yes he's not very nice. Yes it's despicable if he really starts a war. But please be sure on what you support.

The so called revolution was made with violence and molotov-cocktails. The fine regime in Ukraine now has 4 wellknown nazis as ministers. European rightwing extremists and neonazis is now traveling to Ukraine to support the new regime. Some wellinformed call this a fascist coup d'etat. This, is a far more alarming threat to Europe. Perhaps Americans aren't very informed about it, but the movement of rightwing extremists and nazists are growing alarmingly fast in Europe, and some countries are under their influence way too much. To see this progress in ukraine is far worse (to Europe) than if the big "monster" Russia steps in. So please be careful people, on what you cheer for, this is Europe's future. It's unfortunate global media is so brainwashed with the Russia-fear when there are bigger threats.

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM
habs, that is why you are a Canadian. I vote and cannot personally change the laws, but I follow them, so I have the right to critique.

it it would have been a bash against Bush, you would have been on board

habsheaven
03-04-2014, 02:19 PM
habs, that is why you are a Canadian. I vote and cannot personally change the laws, but I follow them, so I have the right to critique.

it it would have been a bash against Bush, you would have been on board

No one is questioning your right to critique. I am questioning your qualifications to offer an accurate critique if YOU question your qualifications to offer a proper course of action.

You can't credibly have it both ways.

And why are you bringing up Bush?

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 02:22 PM
accurate critique? look at the debate, Obama said what he said and now he eats crow.
being able to comprehend what someone said and being able to make presidential decisions have nothing to do with each other.
so since I can drive a car, I should be able to fly?

habsheaven
03-04-2014, 02:46 PM
accurate critique? look at the debate, Obama said what he said and now he eats crow.
being able to comprehend what someone said and being able to make presidential decisions have nothing to do with each other.
so since I can drive a car, I should be able to fly?

What did Obama say that is now making him "eat crow"? Evaluating what someone said and offering what he should have said/done are very similar and require the same amount of knowledge on the subject matter. Has nothing to do with driving and flying, just thinking.

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 02:54 PM
he laughed at Romney and said the 80's are calling and want their diplomacy back, because Russia is no threat!

Guess what?

they are!

not so funny now.

is it a big deal? no, just funny.
everyone critiques everyone, but say something about Obama and that is bad?
saying I should be solving the issue rather than laughing at him, is even funnier.

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 03:01 PM
he laughed at Romney and said the 80's are calling and want their diplomacy back, because Russia is no threat!

Guess what?

they are!

not so funny now.

saying I should be solving the issue rather than laughing at him, is even funnier.

Laugh at him all you want. I'm just telling you what you're choosing to focus on. That tells me what you genuinely care about.

In this case, you care more about politics and showing up your opponent. There is right and there is wrong. This is neither. It's simply telling of those commenting.

JustAlex
03-04-2014, 03:10 PM
I would do nothing.

This is not our mess, and its not our problem to solve.

If the EU wants to step in, go for it.

As far as the U.S is concerned, we do nothing.

habsheaven
03-04-2014, 03:23 PM

Guess what?

they are!

not so funny now.

Just how is Russia a big threat now as opposed to two weeks ago? Explain it if you believe it.

deansayso
03-04-2014, 03:28 PM
I would do nothing.

This is not our mess, and its not our problem to solve.

If the EU wants to step in, go for it.

As far as the U.S is concerned, we do nothing.

The Budapest Memorandum

gsj68
03-04-2014, 03:40 PM
That American media is biased is no surprise, but I can hardly believe my eyes what most European media is saying too. Sweden for instance cries out it must increase its military cause Russia is a threat. It's so pathetic, but I'm sure the military really is grinning big for the prospect of more money. War is always profitable for certain people. But this Russia-hatred which is borderline to paranoia, what is with people really? Yes Putin is a butthead. Yes he's not very nice. Yes it's despicable if he really starts a war. But please be sure on what you support.

The so called revolution was made with violence and molotov-cocktails. The fine regime in Ukraine now has 4 wellknown nazis as ministers. European rightwing extremists and neonazis is now traveling to Ukraine to support the new regime. Some wellinformed call this a fascist coup d'etat. This, is a far more alarming threat to Europe. Perhaps Americans aren't very informed about it, but the movement of rightwing extremists and nazists are growing alarmingly fast in Europe, and some countries are under their influence way too much. To see this progress in ukraine is far worse (to Europe) than if the big "monster" Russia steps in. So please be careful people, on what you cheer for, this is Europe's future. It's unfortunate global media is so brainwashed with the Russia-fear when there are bigger threats.
Just did some research on this and it looks like the Obama administration are backing a neo-nazi coup of Ukraine and the russians are just responding
http://www.globalresearch.ca/there-are-no-neo-nazis-in-the-ukraine-and-the-obama-administration-does-not-support-fascists/5370269

Ninjaflip
03-04-2014, 05:20 PM
There are pro Russia ukrainians, they want russia to take control.

Also people are not dying. (at this point)

Ninjaflip
03-04-2014, 05:31 PM

Thank you!

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 05:41 PM
There are pro Russia ukrainians, they want russia to take control.

Also people are not dying. (at this point)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/20/ukraine-protesters-force-riot-police-independence-square-kiev-battle-control

So they were but they're not now so forget it..?

Ninjaflip
03-04-2014, 06:07 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/20/ukraine-protesters-force-riot-police-independence-square-kiev-battle-control

So they were but they're not now so forget it..?

No, but its important to differenciate between the two.
The Russians havent killed anyone.

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 06:19 PM
No, but its important to differenciate between the two.
The Russians havent killed anyone.

Dead is dead. Who cares who killed them. That has to be the most disgusting politically motivated post I've ever seen on these boards. Seriously, shame on you.

Ninjaflip
03-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Dead is dead. Who cares who killed them. That has to be the most disgusting politically motivated post I've ever seen on these boards. Seriously, shame on you.

What!?
Sorry if Im unclear. Only thing I wanted to state is that I observed that people think that Russia is at war with Ukraine, and that there is cassualties. Im just trying to clear up that things havnt gone this far..

And what is my political motivation? Believe me, im not pro russia

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 06:29 PM
What!?
Sorry if Im unclear. Only thing I wanted to state is that I observed that people think that Russia is at war with Ukraine, and that there is cassualties. Im just trying to clear up that things havnt gone this far..
My point was that we can mock Obama later. This involves real people. I thought I was pretty clear about that.

No army killed anyone. No one is at war. People are dying. I don't think it matters why or at whose hand. No clarification necessary.

gsj68
03-04-2014, 07:13 PM
My point was that we can mock Obama later. This involves real people. I thought I was pretty clear about that.

No army killed anyone. No one is at war. People are dying. I don't think it matters why or at whose hand. No clarification necessary.

now wick i understand killing is killing and its wrong but if my government is using my tax dollars to back neo-nazis that are doing the killing that make me partially responsible for those killings which is something i should have more control over than what russia is doing,so im going to care more about that,just like you should care more if canada was backing the aggressors
have you checked to see if canada is assisting the neo-nazis?

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
now wick i understand killing is killing and its wrong but if my government is using my tax dollars to back neo-nazis that are doing the killing that make me partially responsible for those killings which is something i should have more control over than what russia is doing,so im going to care more about that,just like you should care more if canada was backing the aggressors

What does that have to do with mocking Obama? You realize the amount of mocking that comes from the public makes it that much more difficult to make a decision, let alone the right one? It's the overall attitude of using a horrible situation and death as a means to mock the President because people don't like him. I don't respect it one bit.

If you have something to say, that's fine. Say it. If you just don't like Obama, chances are we already know and you can move right along. Stop using the dead as political tools. It was done with the Benghazi victims and it's being done here. It's shameful.

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 07:28 PM
I have not. But again, that's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking using dead people for politics.

You may as well dance on their graves.

gsj68
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM
What does that have to do with mocking Obama? You realize the amount of mocking that comes from the public makes it that much more difficult to make a decision, let alone the right one? It's the overall attitude of using a horrible situation and death as a means to mock the President because people don't like him. I don't respect it one bit.

If you have something to say, that's fine. Say it. If you just don't like Obama, chances are we already know and you can move right along. Stop using the dead as political tools. It was done with the Benghazi victims and it's being done here. It's shameful.

thats just how the extremist roll,placing blame is more important than the act,talking points more important than the point,pretty disgusting especially when human lives are at stake
but obama is the president and should be held accountable

centrehice
03-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Neo-Nazis ???

Did something happen in Spokane, WA, Northern Idaho, or Chauvin, Alberta that I missed.

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 08:18 PM
thats just how the extremist roll,placing blame is more important than the act,talking points more important than the point,pretty disgusting especially when human lives are at stake
but obama is the president and should be held accountable

When the time comes, sure. If Russia is no threat then he should be able to get on the horn and be all, "Hey, Vladdy...Pooty...what the problem is?" or, "Excuse me sir, Mr. Putin, sir. I would like an explanation if you don't mind," or, " You stupid Russian [EXPLETIVE DELETED]! What in the fresh [EXPLETIVE DELETED] do you think you're [EXPLETIVE DELETED] doing. I'm gonna [EXPLETIVE DELETED] youre [EXPLETIVE DELETED] head and [EXPLETIVE DELETED] down your [EXPLETIVE DELETED] neck if you don't [EXPLETIVE DELETED] tell me what the [EXPLETIVE DELETED] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] is going on, [EXPLETIVE DELETED FOLLOWED BY ALMOST RACIST ANTI-AZERBAIJAN RANT]" or something, right? Sure.

But right now, to be pointing at something he said during the 2012 election? That crap can wait. Those people need to reevaluate their priorities.

shrewsbury
03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
that crap can wait? really? wait for what?
does Obama have to read this thread before he does something?

Wickabee
03-04-2014, 08:59 PM
that crap can wait? really? wait for what?
does Obama have to read this thread before he does something?

For when you talk about Obama to tell people not to vote for Hillary. The question is what should be done. You're worried about who said what 2 years ago and making sure to get your "I told you so!" in there. There will be time for that when this is over. Right now, it's kind of sickening, especially from people I thought were better than that.

habsheaven
03-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Again, what should Obama do? You won't answer of course, but I would bet the farm that as soon as he does act, you will be right up there in front leading the charge to say how what he did was the...

razzamaztaz
03-05-2014, 05:11 AM
Who cares about Obama, christ, that's all you debate on, "I'm republican, you are democrat, let's bang eachother in the head" (and vice versa). I don't think USA should be involved no, and to hear from Kerry a country's sovereignty should not be violated is to hear an echo of Putin when he said the same thing about Libya. Apparently USA can do whatever they want, whenever they want. But whatever, again, read on what's going on. I thought jews in America had quite a lot of power and usually scream about this kind of thing? Is the Russia-phobia so big it's more "important"?

The party Svoboda in Ukraine, who now gets more and more power, are dangerous. In fact they even salute the history where jews were hunted down and cleaned out, they are proud of it. They want to clean out russians, homosexuals, jews and different-thinking people. They are the ones now writing "here lives a jew" on the walls to some houses. They are also the ones who violently and brutally stopped the Pridefestival 2012, which the whole world condemned, but now suddenly has forgotten. These aren't just extreme right-wingers with nasty opinions, they are the real deal. There are plenty of people in Ukraine who wanted a change, but just like some other "revolutions" in other countries (like Egypt), the normal people get tricked and taken over by extremists (islamists in egypt, nazis in ukraine). My concern doesn't involve just Ukraine, Hungary is moving in the same direction, and a bunch of other countries are not far behind. It's a movement in many countries, but the ones in Ukraine are worst. But hey, let's have some more Russia paranoia, geez...

shrewsbury
03-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Obama should be the president, I will be a citizen who watches the politicians make fools of themselves on a daily basis, and yes I will keep pointing it out.

Wickabee
03-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Obama should be the president, I will be a citizen who watches the politicians make fools of themselves on a daily basis, and yes I will keep pointing it out.

The world must suck when everything is a campaign sign.

Wickabee
03-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Who is saying "I'm a Republican" or "Democrat"?

You have a group here who is doing nothing but saying "I told you so, Obama is bad"
You have one guy saying "what would you do?" and another saying who cares about Obama.

In short you've accused the two people who are talking about the issue, not politics, of being "Democrats" for absolutely no reason.

habsheaven
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM

Translated into English: I will complain because I can despite not having the knowledge necessary to make an accurate assessment or give a competent alternative.

sanfran22
03-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Translated into English: I will complain because I can despite not having the knowledge necessary to make an accurate assessment or give a competent alternative.

Do you? Did you ever complain about Bush?

Bottom line, this guy is exactly who some of us thought he was. An incompetent, unqualified, train wreck. He proves this on a monthly basis.

Wickabee
03-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Bottom line, this guy is exactly who some of us thought he was. An incompetent, unqualified, train wreck. He proves this on a monthly basis.

I wouldn't say he's any less competent than the last guy, or the alternatives.

Again, people aren't campaign signs.

habsheaven
03-05-2014, 03:19 PM

What does this have to do with Bush? Did I complain about Bush? Yes, when it was warranted, not about EVERY thing he did!

Bottom line, if you got the chance you would complain about what his morning crap looks like. I would bet that "incompetent, unqualified, train wreck" would make you look silly in any intellectual debate on any subject.

sanfran22
03-05-2014, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't say he's any less competent than the last guy, or the alternatives.

Again, people aren't campaign signs.

He appears to be proving otherwise.

sanfran22
03-05-2014, 03:28 PM
What does this have to do with Bush? Did I complain about Bush? Yes, when it was warranted, not about EVERY thing he did!

Bottom line, if you got the chance you would complain about what his morning crap looks like. I would bet that "incompetent, unqualified, train wreck" would make you look silly in any intellectual debate on any subject.

So it's not warranted in this instance? Warranted by who, you? I find it kinda interesting that candidate Palin and candidate Romney both spoke of Russia being problematic. Do I really need to link to what Obama said?

Star_Cards
03-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I've read through most of this thread and have yet found a post saying what Obama should do.

I'm unsure myself. I get that there are countries that need protecting and also know that a conflict with russian would be way different than the one's we are having in Afghanistan. I lean towards this being something that the UN needs to address rather than the US. Obviously Obama should and has commented on the issue, but I'm not sure exactly what the US should do as a single country.

Star_Cards
03-05-2014, 03:42 PM
As far as people complaining about a president, it's always warranted if you have a legitimate complaint, but some people complain by party lines. I voted for Obama and have complaints about things he does. I just don't know what some people expect from him in the situation. I would like to hear what actions people would want to see.

habsheaven
03-05-2014, 03:47 PM
So it's not warranted in this instance? Warranted by who, you? I find it kinda interesting that candidate Palin and candidate Romney both spoke of Russia being problematic. Do I really need to link to what Obama said?

Please take this opportunity to express which of Obama's decisions you ever supported. I am sure there are many to choose from. And you might as well have quoted Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as quote Palin and Romney. Those two didn't and still don't have a clue about anything foreign policy related.

gsj68
03-05-2014, 03:57 PM
As far as people complaining about a president, it's always warranted if you have a legitimate complaint, but some people complain by party lines. I voted for Obama and have complaints about things he does. I just don't know what some people expect from him in the situation. I would like to hear what actions people would want to see.

id start by not funding what appears to be neo-nazis,im thinking russia just wanted to secure their military base,now if russia starts marching into the mainland things would change

Wickabee
03-05-2014, 03:58 PM
He appears to be proving otherwise.

I understand you feel that way. No need to repeat yourself.

sanfran22
03-05-2014, 04:03 PM
I understand you feel that way. No need to repeat yourself.

Then no need to comment.

sanfran22
03-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Please take this opportunity to express which of Obama's decisions you ever supported. I am sure there are many to choose from. And you might as well have quoted Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as quote Palin and Romney. Those two didn't and still don't have a clue about anything foreign policy related.

They apparently know more about Russia then Obama.

habsheaven
03-05-2014, 04:35 PM

Keep telling yourself that. *shakes head trying to figure out how anyone could claim Palin knows more than anyone older than 6*

sanfran22
03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Keep telling yourself that. *shakes head trying to figure out how anyone could claim Palin knows more than anyone older than 6*

Again, would you like the quotes? So I can't question Obama's qualifications, but you can question Palins? Are you really this arrogant in real life, or do you just play one on the internet?

Wickabee
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM

To be fair, Palin said she looks at Russia every morning. That is impossible. She is looking at Alaska, not Russia. At best, she's stuck in the far, far past and thinks she's Russian.

Palin was also integral in cracking one of the few respectable Republicans into a sniveling shell of the man he used to be. She helped ruin McCain. He still had a shot until she became involved.

habsheaven
03-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Again, would you like the quotes? So I can't question Obama's qualifications, but you can question Palins? Are you really this arrogant in real life, or do you just play one on the internet?

Arrogant? because I don't believe Palin and Romney are as intelligent as Obama? Since you question my arrogance, I will question your ignorance. Are you that ignorant in real life? You can quote what Obama has said all day. It will make no difference. You interpret every word out of his mouth as BAD. I know it. You know it. Everyone that has read a post by you knows it. BTW, why have you not accepted my challenge to name ANYTHING you agreed with Obama on? You deftly ignored that.

centrehice
03-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Then Obama what?

deansayso
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Then Obama what?

Really?

"I feel sorry for anybody posting anything from a Brietbart sight. It's like attending a Dungeon and Dragon's meeting in some fat-guy's basement."

deansayso
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Arrogant? because I don't believe Palin and Romney are as intelligent as Obama? Since you question my arrogance, I will question your ignorance. Are you that ignorant in real life? You can quote what Obama has said all day. It will make no difference. You interpret every word out of his mouth as BAD. I know it. You know it. Everyone that has read a post by you knows it. BTW, why have you not accepted my challenge to name ANYTHING you agreed with Obama on? You deftly ignored that.

So Obama knows more than a 6 year old? Is he on the 7 year old level?

habsheaven
03-05-2014, 07:07 PM

Not sure where you are going with that so I will leave it be.

Wickabee
03-05-2014, 07:12 PM

If he is it's three grades above GWB. Though his English is suffering, due to being more social than studious. Also, he disrupts class from time to time. B-

ajbrinn
03-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Out of 7 pages there are a small spatter of credible posts the rest are just bickering school children seeing who can scream the loudest. If I were any of you I would kind of be embarrassed.

Wickabee
03-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Out of 7 pages there are a small spatter of credible posts the rest are just bickering school children seeing who can scream the loudest. If I were any of you I would kind of be embarrassed.

We will all be sure to take this into consideration.

habsheaven
03-05-2014, 07:22 PM

Thanks for contributing with such a credible post yourself. It really adds to the discussion immensely. For the record, three or four of my posts in this thread were asking for legitimate discussion and were ignored every time. lol

shrewsbury
03-06-2014, 09:19 AM
I am always amazed at the comments made to try and belittle other posters.
If you can't handle another persons opinion why would you post here?
do you guys never bicker with your family, spouse, or friends?

I can honestly say there are a few people on here I rarely agree with but would argue with all day long and enjoy it.
one example;

habs pokes at me all the time, but (don't tell him) I don't mind one bit and find it kind of fun, he seems like a good guy and I would miss him if he left. It doesn't bother me when he says I am wrong, mislead, or even dumb, that is his opinion. but with all that said, habs has never "attacked" me.

This is not an educational forum, we are here to express our opinions and if we learn something new, that is an added bonus.

If you are looking for something purely educational, go back to school and take a class, they offer online ones.

Wickabee
03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Really? Vague accusations are "poking fun"

I'm all for poking fun, you know that. That was an angry post that ultimately brought nothing to the discussion except "This discussion sucks"

Personally I believe he has every right to say it and we have every right to respond as we see fit. It's what happens to me, and anyone else, when we do that same thing, and we do, lots.

So relax, bossman. Jeez.

sanfran22
03-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Not a lot, he's here to fundamentally change the concept of this country. would you agree with the devil? I did agree with his lack of closing guantanamo, his reup of tax cuts. But why would one agree with someone who is fundamentally on the opposite side of most everything? Someone who at every turn shoes weakness and that he's unqualified? Should I ask you what you agreed with or Reagan? Bush? Who cares?

habsheaven
03-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Sanity speaks: <br />
<br />
By Fareed Zakaria <br />
Inevitably, the crisis in Ukraine is being discussed in Washington largely through the lens of political polarization. It seems like any and every topic is fodder...

Wickabee
03-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Not a lot, he's here to fundamentally change the concept of this country.
Here's your first mistake: Letting FOX do your thinking for you.

sanfran22
03-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Here's your first mistake: Letting FOX do your thinking for you.

Don't need Fox, Just need to hear him speak and look at his influences. Something apparently you don't do?

Wickabee
03-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Don't need Fox, Just need to hear him speak and look at his influences. Something apparently you don't do?

I don't. Apparently you do.

pwaldo
03-14-2014, 08:25 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-says-intercepted-us-drone-over-crimea-arms-180430584.html

Report: Russia downs US drone in Crimea

centrehice
03-16-2014, 11:17 PM
John McCain picks Sarah Palin for a running mate, and now expects the US people to listen to him regarding Russia? Lol. Somebody get a Social Services order, and get this guy into an asylum where he belongs.

pwaldo
03-19-2014, 09:48 PM
John McCain picks Sarah Palin for a running mate, and now expects the US people to listen to him regarding Russia? Lol. Somebody get a Social Services order, and get this guy into an asylum where he belongs.

To be fair he didn't want her. He wanted to pick his buddy Joe Lieberman but his whole staff threatened to quit if he did or something like that.

Wickabee
03-20-2014, 12:02 AM
To be fair he didn't want her. He wanted to pick his buddy Joe Lieberman but his whole staff threatened to quit if he did or something like that.

Oh

shrewsbury
03-20-2014, 09:21 AM
so now they voted to join russia but America is not recognizing the vote?

"President Obama emphasized that the Crimean 'referendum,' which violates the Ukrainian constitution and occurred under duress of Russian military intervention, would never be recognized by the United States and the international community," it said. "He emphasized that Russia's actions were in violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity and that, in coordination with our European partners, we are prepared to impose additional costs on Russia for its actions."

centrehice
03-20-2014, 11:46 AM

Bush and Cheney his puppet master put the World at risk, every time they picked up a phone. You might want to remember that.

sanfran22
03-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Bush and Cheney his puppet master put the World at risk, every time they picked up a phone. You might want to remember that.

Lol, So we were more at risk when they were in power then we are now? I'd respectfully disagree.....

habsheaven
03-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Lol, So we were more at risk when they were in power then we are now? I'd respectfully disagree.....

Disagree based on what?

sanfran22
03-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Disagree based on what?
Bush reacted to 9/11 with force. He had to make a point and he did. Would Obama do the same? We see this administrations reactions to Benghazi, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, now Russia. This administration is perceived as weak. Our recovery is slowest its been in decades. Our military could be downsized to the smallest since WW2. Obama is a perceived lair and dictator with his "turn your neighbor in line", IRS, NSA To name a few. Yet Bush is worse? I forgot, it all goes back to bush. Nevermind that this administration is weakening this country on a daily basis. John Kerry for secretary of state, really? I guess the Asians love him, so????...Got it.

habsheaven
03-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Bush reacted to 9/11 with force. He had to make a point and he did. Would Obama do the same? We see this administrations reactions to Benghazi, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, now Russia. This administration is perceived as weak. Our recovery is slowest its been in decades. Our military could be downsized to the smallest since WW2. Obama is a perceived lair and dictator with his "turn your neighbor in line", IRS, NSA To name a few. Yet Bush is worse? I forgot, it all goes back to bush. Nevermind that this administration is weakening this country on a daily basis. John Kerry for secretary of state, really? I guess the Asians love him, so????...Got it.

9/11 happened while Bush was at the wheel. The financial crisis that Obama is trying to recover faster from happened under Bush. Your military is larger than the next 10 countries combined, smaller is a relative term. It certainly wouldn't put you at more risk. The administration is perceived as weak by domestic opponents and if any foreign opponents look at it as weak, that has a lot to do with the GOP's insistence on attacking the President on every single foreign issue regardless of how he chooses to act and calling him weak. Notice how that never happened under Bush? Whoever is perceiving the POTUS as a "dictator" is ignorant as to the meaning of dictator. IRS puts YOU at risk? NSA is a risk to you? I forgot, Obama is the worst thing that has ever happened to the US. Silly me. Get real.

Wickabee
03-20-2014, 01:05 PM
How is attacking a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 "reacting with force" but not with "idiocy"?

When a bully punched you in school, did you turn around and hit an even weaker kid?

centrehice
03-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Bush reacted to 9/11 with a scapegoat plan, that of attacking Iraq. That's all that fool did.