PDA

View Full Version : The importance of Easter to this atheist

mrveggieman
04-16-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm obviously not an atheist but I ran across this article and thought that I would share. Enjoy.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/15/importance-of-easter-atheist-christian-holidays

centrehice
04-16-2014, 01:06 PM
There was no real message from this writer in the article. The only thing she reminded us of (which we already knew) is that David Cameron is a twaught of the highest order, and a egocentric wind-bag.

I will be doing the only thing I do every Easter Sunday in late April as an atheist, watching the NHL Playoffs.

Wickabee
04-16-2014, 05:43 PM
I have a dinner to go to Saturday night at the MILs. Every holiday is about the kid now.

deansayso
04-16-2014, 06:07 PM
There was no real message from this writer in the article. The only thing she reminded us of (which we already knew) is that David Cameron is a twaught of the highest order, and a egocentric wind-bag.

I will be doing the only thing I do every Easter Sunday in late April as an atheist, watching the NHL Playoffs.

Think the Habs have enough in the tank to win it all? Since they are the only team representing your country and all...

I just hope they beat the snot out of the second dirtiest team in the NHL (Boston) if they make it that far

centrehice
04-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Habs will perhaps make it out of the 1st Round, but not farther. They could easily lose to Tampa as well.

deansayso
04-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Habs will perhaps make it out of the 1st Round, but not farther. They could easily lose to Tampa as well.

Who do you think is going to win it all?

centrehice
04-16-2014, 06:42 PM
I never predict something like that. Looking like the Bruins are very strong, and the Ducks.

Those 2 should meet in the final barring injury.

mrveggieman
04-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Im not a big hockey guy except for the kings but I am looking forward to the stanley cup finals this year.

Wickabee
04-16-2014, 07:05 PM
You should watch this first round. LA/San Jose is going to be a good series. Two very talented teams.

mrveggieman
04-16-2014, 07:45 PM
You should watch this first round. LA/San Jose is going to be a good series. Two very talented teams.

I may have to do that. I was a big kings fan when Gretzky was there.

JustAlex
04-16-2014, 11:47 PM
You know what Easter is to an atheist?

Just another Sunday....where the NBA playoffs are in full effect.

GO HEAT!

I pray to the basketball gods to once guide my beloved Miami Heat to yet another World Championship and to show absolutely NO MERCY on our opponents.

Amen!

Wickabee
04-17-2014, 03:03 AM

GO HEAT!

I pray to the basketball gods to once guide my beloved Miami Heat to yet another World Championship and to show absolutely NO MERCY on our opponents.

Amen!
I'm sure for some it's a time of family and good food, and for others it's another opportunity to denounce Christianity while for still others it's just a Sunday with NHL playoffs, or nothing at all!

See how easy it is to not act like you assume everyone under a banner which you fit is exactly like you?

centrehice
04-17-2014, 04:44 PM

GO HEAT!

Amen!

NBA would test my patience against a sloth race. Sorry, but it's slightly more interesting than Baseball, but barely.

Play Hockey
Watch Hockey
Lose some teeth
Get some stitches
Get speared in the balls.

mrveggieman
04-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I cannot in good conscience root for the heat this year. Except for their assistant coach Bob McAdoo they all acted like jerks when I tried the get their autos. Hopefully Indiana will be better next week.

gsj68
04-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I cannot in good conscience root for the heat this year. Except for their assistant coach Bob McAdoo they all acted like jerks when I tried the get their autos. Hopefully Indiana will be better next week.
Bob Mcadoo is the best auto score on the team