PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Democrat caught on tape in racist rant

pwaldo
04-30-2014, 10:21 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/mayoral-candidate-new-jersey-town-allegedly-caught-tape-racist-rant-article-1.1773273

A candidate for Mayor of a small New Jersey town was caught on tape allegedly spewing a racist rant in which she said she didn’t want her village to become a “F word N word town.”

Marie Strumolo Burke, who is running for mayor in Belleville, N.J. as a Democrat, was reportedly heard making the vitriolic comments on a voicemail from 2013, according to NJ.com.

In the voicemail, left by the former chairman of Belleville’s planning board, Sam Papa, on the phone of Councilman Kevin Kennedy, a voice thought to be Burke’s can be heard in the background screaming the angry racist comment.

“This is terrible. This is terrible. This is gonna be a F word N word town,” Burke is allegedly heard yelling in the background, as Papa is heard discussing tax changes.

A forensics lab based in Michigan confirmed the voice on the tape was Burke’s, according to NJ.com.

duane1969
05-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Impossible. Democrats are only tolerant, open-minded, anti-racist, "working for the black community" types of people...

http://cdn.ephemera-inc.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/7/5/7557.jpg_1.jpg

Star_Cards
05-01-2014, 11:44 AM
sometimes it's baffling how some people become elected in the first place. Hopefully she won't be reelected.

centrehice
05-01-2014, 01:05 PM
She's a fat Guido that married a Mick. They are all raised in NJ to hate blacks. It's part of Italian/American culture. Overeat, hate blacks.

People are stupid for voting for any NJ Italian if they think that person is going to be fair to all.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Impossible. Democrats are only tolerant, open-minded, anti-racist, "working for the black community" types of people...

http://cdn.ephemera-inc.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/7/5/7557.jpg_1.jpg

If that what makes you sleep better at night regarding the racism of your republican party.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 03:01 PM

I thought you said that was conservatives.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 03:02 PM
She's a fat Guido that married a Mick. They are all raised in NJ to hate blacks. It's part of Italian/American culture. Overeat, hate blacks.

People are stupid for voting for any NJ Italian if they think that person is going to be fair to all.

Half of me is insulted, being half "Mick" mysemyself.

Lucky for you the other half is square head, not Guido.

Seriously, the 50s are over.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 03:05 PM

Half of these conservatives on here would love to go back to the 50s. The 1850s.

centrehice
05-01-2014, 03:13 PM

I'm half Mick. They only way to be offended on the internet is to be too precious. If you are offended because of what's said on the internet, then back to newspapers for you.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I'm half Mick. They only way to be offended on the internet is to be too precious. If you are offended because of what's said on the internet, then back to newspapers for you.

This. ^^^^^^^^

duane1969
05-01-2014, 03:29 PM
If that what makes you sleep better at night regarding the racism of your republican party.

Fail.

I am an independent. unlike yourself I do not follow a single party like a sheep. I am smart enough to recognize that politicians are corrupt and not ignorant enough to think that members of one party care about me more than another.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Fail.

I am an independent. unlike yourself I do not follow a single party like a sheep. I am smart enough to recognize that politicians are corrupt and not ignorant enough to think that members of one party care about me more than another.

Please show me were I claimed any particular political party. I must have been drunk and or high and I do not drink nor use drugs.

habsheaven
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
I would be curious to know how a company in Michigan was able to "confirm" the voice on the tape is hers. The story says she was heard YELLING in the BACKGROUND. From all the stories I've heard about "voice evidence", yelling in the background is very hard to authenticate.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Please show me were I claimed any particular political party. I must have been drunk and or high and I do not drink nor use drugs.

This is true. He's never said he's a democrat. He just defends them all until a female has an honest shot at the white house.

He hates those ones...

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 03:37 PM
I would be curious to know how a company in Michigan was able to "confirm" the voice on the tape is hers. The story says she was heard YELLING in the BACKGROUND. From all the stories I've heard about "voice evidence", yelling in the background is very hard to authenticate.

Impossible?

Or just very hard?

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
This is true. He's never said he's a democrat. He just defends them all until a female has an honest shot at the white house.

He hates those ones...

Funny Wick. I would love to have a female president. Just not a war mongering, pro abortion, pro war, baby killing, higher tax one.

habsheaven
05-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Funny Wick. I would love to have a female president. Just not a war mongering, pro abortion, pro war, baby killing, higher tax one.

This is really funny. In attacking Clinton you had to repeat two of your three insults in order to get to five, and your third insult is one pinned on every Democrat of which you probably have voted for in the past. Btw, I'm not even sure what evidence you have for her being "pro war".

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 03:52 PM

Mmhmm, and what is going to be wrong with the next one.

Also, are abortion and baby killing the same thing to you? You've said before they are. Don't double up, it shows you have nothing.

duane1969
05-01-2014, 04:20 PM

You openly state that you only vote for politicians that do something for black people. You openly state that those people are only Democrats. You openly state that you see all Republicans as racist. A black Republican is automatically the enemy to you. It isn't rocket science. Do you claim being a Democrat? No. Would anybody be stupid enough to think you vote for anyone but Democrats. No.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 04:26 PM
This is really funny. In attacking Clinton you had to repeat two of your three insults in order to get to five, and your third insult is one pinned on every Democrat of which you probably have voted for in the past. Btw, I'm not even sure what evidence you have for her being "pro war".

http://www.alternet.org/story/70860/hillary_clinton's_militarism_exposed

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
You openly state that you only vote for politicians that do something for black people. You openly state that those people are only Democrats. You openly state that you see all Republicans as racist. A black Republican is automatically the enemy to you. It isn't rocket science. Do you claim being a Democrat? No. Would anybody be stupid enough to think you vote for anyone but Democrats. No.

I would have no problem voting for a well qualified independent or non republican or dem. You are right thogh Duane the republicans are the enemy and I can't see myself voting for one.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I would have no problem voting for a well qualified independent or non republican or dem. You are right thogh Duane the republicans are the enemy and I can't see myself voting for one.

Because of race.

Star_Cards
05-01-2014, 04:40 PM

lol. there's that term pro abortion again.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
lol. there's that term pro abortion again.

Yeah, when he says that I replace it with "ball cap" and it makes just as much sense.

duane1969
05-01-2014, 04:45 PM

You would have no problem with it, but we all know you never have. And since we all know there is no such thing as a viable independent candidate, then your point is moot.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 04:53 PM
You would have no problem with it, but we all know you never have. And since we all know there is no such thing as a viable independent candidate, then your point is moot.

Wow you have access to my voting record since i started back in 1994. I don't even remember who I voted for back then. The only thing I recall was being in the booth pulling levers at random because I never heard of any of the canidates.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Because of race.

I group of people who are against black people are no friends of mine. Hence I do not care for the teapublicans.

duane1969
05-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow you have access to my voting record since i started back in 1994. I don't even remember who I voted for back then. The only thing I recall was being in the booth pulling levers at random because I never heard of any of the canidates.

I don't need access to your voting record. I would bet my house you never "pulled the lever" on anyone but a Democrat.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 05:14 PM

You started voting in 1994...that would make you what, born in 1976? ish?

So tell me again how you've been a fan of the Kings since before 1972.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
I group of people who are against black people are no friends of mine. Hence I do not care for the teapublicans.

"I group of[sic] people"

That says it all right there. You group and lump people together, and base it on race, which is the definition of a racist.

mrveggieman
05-01-2014, 05:21 PM
You started voting in 1994...that would make you what, born in 1976? ish?

So tell me again how you've been a fan of the Kings since before 1972.

1975 to be exact. I liked the kings since the late 1980s when McNall switched their colors to silver and black just like my favorite football team the raiders.

Wickabee
05-01-2014, 05:41 PM
1975 to be exact. I liked the kings since the late 1980s when McNall switched their colors to silver and black just like my favorite football team the raiders.

Yeah, you realize that's exactly why he did it right? The purple and yellow didn't play well in the inner city, what with every colour on earth representing a gang in LA at the time. That's why the black ad silver was so popular; it didn't belong to any gangs. It was neutral. McNall saw this exploitation of gang riddled areas and figured he could profit off poor, inner city, black kids too. He changed the colours to black and silver and suddenly half of Compton, and most inner cities, was spending money on NHL merchandise. I really don't agree with such flagrantly racist marketing ideas, but obviously it worked on you, all the way across the country.

It's all in the 30for30 Raiders episode.

So you bought into a racist marketing scheme that depended on nothing but the colours of the team...tell me again how you don't bring everything back to colour.

jaybird_1981
05-02-2014, 12:24 AM

Unfortunately too many Americans just "pull levers at random" as you did.

mrveggieman
05-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Yeah, you realize that's exactly why he did it right? The purple and yellow didn't play well in the inner city, what with every colour on earth representing a gang in LA at the time. That's why the black ad silver was so popular; it didn't belong to any gangs. It was neutral. McNall saw this exploitation of gang riddled areas and figured he could profit off poor, inner city, black kids too. He changed the colours to black and silver and suddenly half of Compton, and most inner cities, was spending money on NHL merchandise. I really don't agree with such flagrantly racist marketing ideas, but obviously it worked on you, all the way across the country.

It's all in the 30for30 Raiders episode.

So you bought into a racist marketing scheme that depended on nothing but the colours of the team...tell me again how you don't bring everything back to colour.

Only in your imagination Wick.

duane1969
05-02-2014, 10:21 AM

You admit you started liking the team when they changed their colored to black and silver. What a joke. You must be related to Bill Watterson.

"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.
Bill Watterson"

mrveggieman
05-02-2014, 10:29 AM
You admit you started liking the team when they changed their colored to black and silver. What a joke. You must be related to Bill Watterson.

So the owners of the white sox and colorodo rockies must be racist too for using the same color scheme huh man?

Wickabee
05-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Not at all.

Go watch it.

mrveggieman
05-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Not at all.

Go watch it.

I am a Raider/Kings fan so I watched it mutiple times. So you are saying McNall is racist for selling a clothing product that the public demands? Good reach wick.

duane1969
05-02-2014, 11:55 AM
I am a Raider/Kings fan so I watched it mutiple times. So you are saying McNall is racist for selling a clothing product that the public demands? Good reach wick.

Actually the documentary said it. Wick just repeated it.

Wickabee
05-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Actually the documentary said it. Wick just repeated it.

This.

Wickabee
05-02-2014, 01:07 PM
I think the marketing campaign was racist. I don't know McNall in any way, so I can't make that call.

texansrangerfan73
05-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Really racist? With a name like Marie Strumolo & coming from NJ she really has room to speak.

ajcorleone
05-02-2014, 04:22 PM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Wickabee
05-04-2014, 01:54 AM
*sigh*

JustAlex
05-04-2014, 04:38 AM
The democratic party is a party of cowards and followers.

They are gutless and only do what is popular and only if they know it won't be controversial.

Having said all of that....they are still more tolerable than a party filled with people who believe that 1950s America is what we ought to return to.

A party that vehemently dislikes science and anything even remotely close to progress on the social level.

A party who panders to the most extreme religious people and goes along with the most insane things imaginable to please them.

A party that warmongers to the level of insatiability.

A party who above everything else is all about money and power and achieving said things NO MATTER WHAT.

A party who quite frankly is dangerous to the secularity of this country, who makes the United States of America look like an utter joke, whose leaders wouldn't be fit to run a taco bell much less the damn country.

Yeah, the Dems are bad, but the GOP is intolerable, literally intolerable.

shrewsbury
05-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Half of these conservatives on here would love to go back to the 50s. The 1850s.

you are not even close to being right, I would bet no one does.

and you forget that most of us conservatives on here, had family who fought against slavery and died in that fight. Most of us had family march in the 50's had there homes burnt, were fired, and harassed for being pro civil rights.

the issue is the dems have you so blinded to think conservatism has anything to do with racism. why would they? to get your votes and it has worked for decades.

Wickabee
05-04-2014, 12:17 PM

and you forget that most of us conservatives on here, had family who fought against slavery and died in that fight. Most of us had family march in the 50's had there homes burnt, were fired, and harassed for being pro civil rights.

the issue is the dems have you so blinded to think conservatism has anything to do with racism. why would they? to get your votes and it has worked for decades.

When you guys use the terms dem and liberal seemingly interchangably, where do you get off denouncing the other side doing the same?

JustAlex
05-04-2014, 04:50 PM
You're joking right?

Do you know what the "Southern Strategy" is?

Do you understand that Conservatives and Republicans have been doing this for quite awhile?

There are racist on BOTH sides of the political realm, but it is MOST prevalent on the Right Wing....that is undeniable.

Wickabee
05-04-2014, 07:41 PM
You're joking right?

Do you know what the "Southern Strategy" is?

Do you understand that Conservatives and Republicans have been doing this for quite awhile?

There are racist on BOTH sides of the political realm, but it is MOST prevalent on the Right Wing....that is undeniable.
Since around Nixon, no?

duane1969
05-04-2014, 08:23 PM

They are gutless and only do what is popular and only if they know it won't be controversial.

Having said all of that....they are still more tolerable than a party filled with people who believe that 1950s America is what we ought to return to.

A party that vehemently dislikes science and anything even remotely close to progress on the social level.

A party who panders to the most extreme religious people and goes along with the most insane things imaginable to please them.

A party who above everything else is all about money and power and achieving said things NO MATTER WHAT.

A party who quite frankly is dangerous to the secularity of this country, who makes the United States of America look like an utter joke, whose leaders wouldn't be fit to run a taco bell much less the damn country.

What the hell does this rant have to do with what I said?

Wickabee
05-04-2014, 08:27 PM
He's clear saying reps are worse.

Very very clearly.

duane1969
05-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Yet they are not and he goes off on a bunch of tangents that have zero to so with the discussion.

JustAlex
05-04-2014, 08:45 PM
What the hell does this rant have to do with what I said?
Well, you're alluding to the fact that the Democratic party does have racists within their ranks.....and I am in agreement.

Furthermore, I'm here to tell you that the Democratic party is also filled with cowards and gutless "leaders".

This is why I am no longer a Democrat, I'll admit I was once, but ever since I found out that they don't actually represent me, I no longer am.

However, despite all of that, they are still not as unbearable and intolerable compared to the GOP, and I made sure to make a list of the things they do in order to substantiate that claim.

Wickabee
05-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Yet they are not and he goes off on a bunch of tangents that have zero to so with the discussion.

Oh, actually they are.

You see, the Democrats lie, but at least they show you the respect of hiding it. Th e Republicans just figure you'll buy it because they said so, thereby calling you an idiot.

Wickabee
05-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Well, you're alluding to the fact that the Democratic party does have racists within their ranks.....and I am in agreement.

Furthermore, I'm here to tell you that the Democratic party is also filled with cowards and gutless "leaders".

This is why I am no longer a Democrat, I'll admit I was once, but ever since I found out that they don't actually represent me, I no longer am.

However, despite all of that, they are still not as unbearable and intolerable compared to the GOP, and I made sure to make a list of the things they do in order to substantiate that claim.

You sure change your mind a lot and join and leave groups a lot for a guy who has everything figured out.

mrveggieman
05-05-2014, 11:05 AM

That about summs it all up.

mrveggieman
05-05-2014, 11:07 AM

It's 2014 Shrew not 1954. Please join the rest of us in the 21st century. I think that you may actually like it here.

shrewsbury
05-05-2014, 11:50 AM
veggie, that is your answer?

I would suggest you relook at what the dems or Obama is doing for the minorities. It will be quick, because it is nothing.

hope is now hoping welfare goes up and not cut.

what people need is jobs, buying your own stuff makes you free, not getting it handed to you.

Wickabee
05-05-2014, 12:14 PM

I would suggest you relook at what the dems or Obama is doing for the minorities. It will be quick, because it is nothing.

what people need is jobs, buying your own stuff makes you free, not getting it handed to you.

There's lots of American jobs in China. Go there.

shrewsbury
05-05-2014, 12:21 PM
wick, it sounds like some Americans on here would be all for it.

the jobless people can't afford the move and would not make it in China very long (IMO)

and this is another reason we need to rethink import tariffs, taxes, and breaks to get jobs back here.

Wickabee
05-05-2014, 12:43 PM
wick, it sounds like some Americans on here would be all for it.

the jobless people can't afford the move and would not make it in China very long (IMO)

and this is another reason we need to rethink import tariffs, taxes, and breaks to get jobs back here.
Or you could start calling out the businessmen instead of voting for their interests.

Nothing more than 0% taxes, and maybe you've got something.

mrveggieman
05-05-2014, 02:26 PM

So you are suggesting that the Obama administration is doing the exact same thing for minorities that the republicans are already doing. Assuming that you are correct tell me again why any minority let alone any white person with any sense would vote republican?

Wickabee
05-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Because they vote for the same thing but with a D.

shrewsbury
05-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Assuming that you are correct tell me again why any minority let alone any white person with any sense would vote republican?

because the dems are doing nothing, never have.

conservatives can create jobs, libs cannot.

Wickabee
05-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Conservatives create jobs in other countries.
Liberals create government jobs.

mrveggieman
05-05-2014, 03:47 PM
because the dems are doing nothing, never have.

conservatives can create jobs, libs cannot.

Jobs for who? The buddies or their friends kids who go to Harvard. What are these jokers doing for the common man?

duane1969
05-05-2014, 04:39 PM

Try again on the "conservatives create jobs in other countries". It was Clinton who created NAFTA which allowed jobs to be shipped to Mexico. Look at any data related to jobs being sent out of the country and you will notice that the numbers go through the roof in the mid-1990's...no small wonder since NAFTA was implemented Jan. 1, 1994.

Clinton also ran a knife through the heart of American manufacturing. It was Clinton who named China "most favored trading partner" and opened the flood gates for their low-quality products produced by poorly paid workers to flood our markets and make it nearly impossible for American companies to compete while paying elevated union-backed wages.

But I agree with you that liberals create government jobs. The private sector and government is the area that is almost solely responsible for job growth over the last few years.

Wickabee
05-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Paint it however you want. Business owner who love America keep jobs creating American goods in America.

The Republican party is full of tax dodging business owners who produce American goods in other countries. By doing this they prove they hate America.

mrveggieman
05-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Paint it however you want. Business owner who love America keep jobs creating American goods in America.

The Republican party is full of tax dodging business owners who produce American goods in other countries. By doing this they prove they hate America.

This. ^^^^^

shrewsbury
05-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Really? Who did Obama use as his "tax spokesman"?

Answer, super rich white guy who has not paid his taxes in years.

mrveggieman
05-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Really? Who did Obama use as his "tax spokesman"?

Answer, super rich white guy who has not paid his taxes in years.

I can only imagine who Romeny's choice would have been.

duane1969
05-06-2014, 11:20 AM
I can only imagine who Romeny's choice would have been.

How does that matter? Nice attempt at deflecting from reality. Rather than address that the beloved Obama is doing exactly what you claim to hate you just ignore that reality and try to redirect back at Republicans with an attack on a guy that isn't even hold any political office right now. Weak.

mrveggieman
05-06-2014, 11:29 AM
How does that matter? Nice attempt at deflecting from reality. Rather than address that the beloved Obama is doing exactly what you claim to hate you just ignore that reality and try to redirect back at Republicans with an attack on a guy that isn't even hold any political office right now. Weak.

Shrew made a good point. The point I was attempting to make but no one caught on to is that when it comes to taxes it dosen't matter if the guy in office has an R or D behind his name at the end of the day we will still continue to get screwed by the IRS.

duane1969
05-06-2014, 12:14 PM

Oh, I guess I missed the part where Democrats always pay their taxes and only investing in American jobs...or maybe you missed something instead...

Guess you didn't hear how Google, a MAJOR contributor to Obama's campaign, has overseas offices all over the world and moved $10 billion (that's right I said BILLION) into a Bermuda shell company to avoid paying US taxes.

Or maybe you missed how the Washington Post, a staunch liberal supporting news agency, gave dividends to shareholders for the 2013 fiscal year in 2012 so their people could avoid paying higher dividend taxes in 2013. One of the biggest to benefit from this, Warren Buffet's firm Berkshire Hathaway to the tune of $1.7 million (I don't need to tell you who Buffet is do I?).

Or you probably never heard of Jim Sinegal, a life-long Democrats and vocal supporter of Obama, who did the same thing as the Washington Post by paying Costco stockholders in 2012 for 2013 dividends they would earn so they could avoid higher taxes.

I bet you totally missed it when Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin renounced his American citizenship to avoid paying $70 million in taxes. And since you missed that you probably have no idea that Mark Zuckerberg, another stout Democrat and several of his Facebook insiders dodged paying $200 million in taxes by using annuity trusts.

I am sure you were looking the other way when it came out that Dr. Dre shelters his Dre Beats headphones company in an Ireland corporation to avoid paying taxes.

Yeah, those Democrats sure are some honest, upstanding, America-loving, tax-paying people!!!

Wickabee
05-06-2014, 12:39 PM
That's what I said Duane, totally.

You aren't being a partisan chump right now at all. Seriously.

Except it's not what I said at all, you should go back and read, chum........

duane1969
05-06-2014, 01:12 PM
That's what I said Duane, totally.

You aren't being a partisan chump right now at all. Seriously.

Except it's not what I said at all, you should go back and read, chum........

In this discussion you have labeled the Republican as the party that avoids taxes, sends jobs overseas and is un-American. If you don't like me responding to that then stop doing it, as it is clearly not just the Republican party.

mrveggieman
05-06-2014, 01:19 PM
In this discussion you have labeled the Republican as the party that avoids taxes, sends jobs overseas and is un-American. If you don't like me responding to that then stop doing it, as it is clearly not just the Republican party.

Both parties are guilty its just the republicans are more brasen in their ways of avoiding taxes and like to blame the dems for our tax problems.

duane1969
05-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Both parties are guilty its just the republicans are more brasen in their ways of avoiding taxes and like to blame the dems for our tax problems.

So you TOTALLY ignored my post above about Dems avoiding taxes...

mrveggieman
05-06-2014, 01:25 PM
So you TOTALLY ignored my post above about Dems avoiding taxes...

Again both parties cheat on their taxes. The only difference is that the republicans want you to believe that they are fighting the good fight against taxes but in reality they are only shifting the tax burden to someone else.

ajcorleone
05-06-2014, 02:07 PM
WHY??? Do some say "yeah both parties are bad but the republicans do this that and the other thing". How about this theory THEY ARE ALL BAD AND CORRUPT.Can a person really be that dense?????????????????????

Wickabee
05-06-2014, 02:22 PM

Nope. I've said the Republicans are worse. Nothing else.

I haven't even really talked about the Dems, Duane.

Stop making things up and attributing them to be. You're as bad as veg sometimes. Go back and read.

mrveggieman
05-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Never mind I misread.

duane1969
05-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Nope. I've said the Republicans are worse. Nothing else.

I haven't even really talked about the Dems, Duane.

Stop making things up and attributing them to be. You're as bad as veg sometimes. Go back and read.

I never said you said they were worse. You said Republicans are the ones that do it. By default you are implying that Democrats do not.

I quote:

When you say that Group A does something then the implication is that other groups do not. If I said "Democrats support abortion" then the need for clarification that Republicans do not is not needed.