PDA

View Full Version : Widow of Cop-Killer Upset that he Didnít Kill More Cops

ajcorleone
07-16-2014, 10:41 AM
This should be interesting

Ladies and gentlemen, buckle your seatbelts; this is a special kind of crazy

Angelique Campbell told News 12 in New Jersey, “He should’ve taken more [officers] with him.”

Her husband, Lawrence, was wanted for a previous murder, waited outside a Walgreen’s after taking a security guard’s gun and ambushed and murdered 23 year-old rookie officer Melvin Santiago.

Authorities believe that the ambush may have been for notoriety as Lawrence Campbell allegedly told a bystander to “Watch the TV news later, I’m going to be famous.” The 27 year-old gunman was shot and killed when police responded.

Angelique, however, was not concerned with the needless slaying of a police officer by her criminal husband but was, instead, disturbed that people have focused their sympathies on the murdered officer’s family.

“Sorry for the officer’s family. That’s, you know, whatever,” Campbell told News 12. “But, at the end of the day, [Lawrence] got a family too. All they care about is the officer.”

Campbell made the comments at a makeshift memorial for her dead husband, where friends and families propped up photos and liquor bottle and messages such as “Thugs in Peace.”

“He was a good man. He looked out for everybody on the block,” stated Campbell’s friend, Barbara Jones.

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop was outraged by the memorial and the words of the callous widow, saying, “It doesn’t get much lower than this. [The memorial] won’t be there for the duration of the day.”

While there has always existed a criminal element in society, this level of callous disregard for human life is purely nauseating and a symptom of a society led astray. A man who served his community was viciously murdered in cold blood for, apparently, nothing more than a desire to have his name in the paper and the response by his widow speaks to a “me first” ideology that is present in 2 year-olds and remains too prevalent in society

http://www.tpnn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ZCampbell.jpg

ajcorleone
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Now to be fair before a few go digging she did apologize.BUT the damage was done when we speak before we think how words can hurt.

The wife of the man accused of fatally shooting Jersey City Police Officer Melvin Santiago (http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/07/comprehensive_coverage_jersey_city_police_officer_ shot_slain_during_robbery.html) yesterday said she’s sorry for comments she made that indicated she wished her husband had killed more cops.
Angelique Campbell, 28, of Grant Avenue, said she was angry when she told News 12 that her husband, Lawrence Campbell, “should’ve taken more with him” early Sunday morning. Police say Campbell ambushed them outside the Walgreens at Kennedy Boulevard and Communipaw Avenue, fatally shooting Santiago (http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/07/jersey_city_police_officer_fatally_shot_in_line_of _duty.html) before officers returned fire and killed him.
“I want to apologize to the officer’s family and to anyone else who got hurt or is suffering for these actions,” she said in her second-floor apartment.
She added: “No matter what Lala did, I’m going to love him ‘til the day I die.”
“Lala” was her husband’s nickname, she said.
Sitting on her couch while the couple’s six-year-old daughter sat in the next room watching a Nickelodeon cartoon, Campbell said she was shocked to hear that her husband was involved in the Sunday morning incident, which Mayor Steve Fulop has described as an ambush.
She said she and her husband met the night she graduated from Lincoln High School in 2004. She acknowledged his repeated run-ins with the law – state records show he had three prior drug convictions – but said she thought his last exit from prison, in January, was the start of a new life for him.
Once they married in February, though, she saw a “change in him,” said Campbell, who wore a t-shirt with a cartoon peach and the words, "Peach and Love."
“He got hooked back up with the wrong people,” she said, adding that she only saw him twice a week.
City officials allege that Campbell lay in wait for police early Sunday morning as they reported to Walgreens on the report of an armed robbery. Once Santiago arrived with his partner, Campbell opened fire, killing Santiago, a rookie on the force.
Officers on the scene returned fire, killing Campbell.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 11:10 AM
I really feel for all of the children both of these guys left behind.

ajcorleone
07-16-2014, 11:16 AM
A shame a police officer who took an oath to protect and serve gunned down in the early stages of his career.Yes there are many bad apples many abusers of their authority but here is a case of an officer trying to protect and serve.And we have some yahoo running at the mouth on how more cops should be killed.Of course then she regretted it probably staged MY OPINION she meant what she said.Point is I wonder when some of us say these things if they really mean it.Yes Veg this is mainly directed at you no sugar coating it.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 11:40 AM
A shame a police officer who took an oath to protect and serve gunned down in the early stages of his career.Yes there are many bad apples many abusers of their authority but here is a case of an officer trying to protect and serve.And we have some yahoo running at the mouth on how more cops should be killed.Of course then she regretted it probably staged MY OPINION she meant what she said.Point is I wonder when some of us say these things if they really mean it.Yes Veg this is mainly directed at you no sugar coating it.

How did my name get in this? I didn't say anything one way or the other about either of these guys except that I feel bad for their kids having to grow up without their father. On the cool people die every day some even die at work through no fault of their own. It's sad but you don't hear a big hoopla about a construction worker dying on the job. It's a cold hard fact but that's how the cycle of life goes.

GroundSupport
07-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Those are some stupid ear rings.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Veg, he's going on history and principle. Do not get blinded by this one incident. He made this whole thread for you, that was his point. When you call for police to die, people don't forget that level of ignorance.

Star_Cards
07-16-2014, 11:52 AM
How did my name get in this? I didn't say anything one way or the other about either of these guys except that I feel bad for their kids having to grow up without their father. On the cool people die every day some even die at work through no fault of their own. It's sad but you don't hear a big hoopla about a construction worker dying on the job. It's a cold hard fact but that's how the cycle of life goes.

I'm a bit confused by the comment about other people dying on the job and not being a big hoopla. I hadn't heard of this story until now so I don't see any sort of Hoopla. Personally defining hoopla by amount of media attention. Whether or not there's a hoopla I think a story about a murder will be more of a story than an accidental death on the job. Plus the main story in this case is the callousness of the guys widow. I get her point of saying there's a side of loss for her too, but to say something like he should have killed more is just cold. From that statement I wonder if she even goes as far as blaming the police for what actions her husband took in ambushing them.

ajcorleone
07-16-2014, 11:56 AM
That is correct that level of ignorance is not forgotten.This is hopefully an eye opener of how words can hurt and how they make people wonder about others.
Veg, he's going on history and principle. Do not get blinded by this one incident. He made this whole thread for you, that was his point. When you call for police to die, people don't forget that level of ignorance.

ajcorleone
07-16-2014, 11:56 AM
On the cool you missed the point

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Those are some stupid ear rings.

I can agree with you on that my friend.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 12:13 PM

It's messed up that any innocent person dies performing their job duties but that still dosen't change the fact that the bad cops are making things worse for the good cops as well as the general public.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
In one eye, out the other...

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 12:15 PM
So what do ya'll want me to do? Break down and start crying? Black males die every day in American through no fault of their own but I don't see aj or any of his other conservative buddies shedding a tear over them.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 12:19 PM
So what do ya'll want me to do? Break down and start crying? Black males die every day in American through no fault of their own but I don't see aj or any of his other conservative buddies shedding a tear over them.

I really didn't know a person could be this blatantly ignorant and still be able to produce a sentence. You should call Ripley's. This is amazing.

We want you to realize cops are real people and that when you post things about cops dying it's incredibly ignorant.

Just as ignorant as calling for construction workers to die because they're construction workers. That's what you do with cops and it's ignorant and disgusting.

I will also point out this is NOT the first time we've tried to tell you this. Your ignorance has you believing we want tears now. If you want to cry, go ahead. Jut stop calling for death, while claiming you love life.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 01:01 PM
I really didn't know a person could be this blatantly ignorant and still be able to produce a sentence. You should call Ripley's. This is amazing.

We want you to realize cops are real people and that when you post things about cops dying it's incredibly ignorant.

Just as ignorant as calling for construction workers to die because they're construction workers. That's what you do with cops and it's ignorant and disgusting.

I will also point out this is NOT the first time we've tried to tell you this. Your ignorance has you believing we want tears now. If you want to cry, go ahead. Jut stop calling for death, while claiming you love life.

I don't want construction workers (or any other law abiding citizen) to die, I was just pointing out that they have a higher risk for on the job injuries or death compared to an office worker. You were way out in left field on that one.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't want construction workers (or any other law abiding citizen) to die, I was just pointing out that they have a higher risk for on the job injuries or death compared to an office worker. You were way out in left field on that one.

Calling for cops to die is no different from calling for construction workers to die. It's just a different occupation. You still want PEOPLE killed.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Calling for cops to die is no different from calling for construction workers to die. It's just a different occupation. You still want PEOPLE killed.

If someone rapes/kills innocent women or children or betray the country that they took an oath to serve and protect you damn right they are worthy of death. I stand behind that 100%. Quote me on it.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 01:24 PM
If someone rapes/kills innocent women or children or betray the country that they took an oath to serve and protect you damn right they are worthy of death. I stand behind that 100%. Quote me on it.

Fair enough. You, however, call for the deaths of ALL COPS. What do you think #DiePigsDie means?

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Fair enough. You, however, call for the deaths of ALL COPS. What do you think #DiePigsDie means?

I will keep posting such until the so called good cops get the message and do a better job checking the bad ones.

GroundSupport
07-16-2014, 01:33 PM

What has your boy Obama done for the Black Males of this country?

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 01:54 PM
I will keep posting such until the so called good cops get the message and do a better job checking the bad ones.

How can they if you get your wish and they're dead?

Remember, #DiePigsDie means ALL of them. You're telling me you want them dead so they can start talking. Did you know dead men tell no tales? Everyone else over the age of 4 does, why don't you?

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 01:54 PM

Non sequitur.

gsj68
07-16-2014, 01:56 PM
can i use this logic against black males since they kill a whole lot more than cops do?

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 02:24 PM
can i use this logic against black males since they kill a whole lot more than cops do?

All black males do not share the same profession. All cops do. So no you may not.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 02:25 PM

More than your bff bush or your other bff romney ever did.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 02:37 PM
All black males do not share the same profession. All cops do. So no you may not.

So what?

All construction workers share the same profession. You want them dead too?

You seriously want to kill people by profession? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and I've listened to Vanilla Ice.

GroundSupport
07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
More than your bff bush or your other bff romney ever did.

That's one hell of an answer.

Bravo.

Means, that you have no clue on what he has done for the Black Males.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
So what?

All construction workers share the same profession. You want them dead too?

You seriously want to kill people by profession? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and I've listened to Vanilla Ice.

You are a lie. I never said that I want construction workers dead.

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
That's one hell of an answer.

Bravo.

Means, that you have no clue on what he has done for the Black Males.

Just like you have no clue what bush or romney did for white males.

shrewsbury
07-16-2014, 02:48 PM
I think what some may be missing is that a lot of blacks, especially in the inner city, have grown up with the idea that cops are after them, for no good reason.

These kids have grown up, had kids of their own, taught the same message, and this continues for generations.

I believe that there are some reasons to think this, but where the real fault lies, I am unsure. When I look at inner city living, look at UER, look at the judicial system and the penal system, things are way out of whack.

This is no excuse, just, perhaps, part of the reason some think this way.

I would think any grown person could look at the stats and see the cops, in general, are not after blacks nor hate blacks. But, that is easy for me to say, when I am not the one in that situation.

gsj68
07-16-2014, 02:53 PM
any suggestions on how i can bring attention to the black male violence issue without having the p.c. police making up excuses for them and attacking my character? because in the past when i have the response is that i am a racist and lame excuses and all i want is the killing to stop

GroundSupport
07-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Just like you have no clue what bush or romney did for white males.

You're the one that made the bold statement that conversatives don't care about Black people. So I asked you what Obama has done for you since you voted for him. 90+ % of African Americans voted for him.

So what has he done for you?

Romney has never done anything for me.

Bush built up the military and kept me and hundred of thousands of others gainfully employed and made us men by allowing up to serve this country. That's what serving in the military does for most young Americans. They make you into strong, hard working adults.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Don't make this another Dem vs Rep thread, GroundSupport. You want to have that argument, go to one of the other thousand threads on that topic. This topic is police and the ignorance of those who hate them for their profession.

Veg, I know it's tempting, but don't get drawn into a Rep vs Dem argument here. There are a thousand other threads to go through that again. This is about police and the ignorance of those who want them dead for their profession.

Jay is absolutely right. Any thinking adult should be able to see that, but so so many choose to be ignorant.

gsj68
07-16-2014, 03:04 PM
I think what some may be missing is that a lot of blacks, especially in the inner city, have grown up with the idea that cops are after them, for no good reason.

These kids have grown up, had kids of their own, taught the same message, and this continues for generations.

I believe that there are some reasons to think this, but where the real fault lies, I am unsure. When I look at inner city living, look at UER, look at the judicial system and the penal system, things are way out of whack.

This is no excuse, just, perhaps, part of the reason some think this way.

I would think any grown person could look at the stats and see the cops, in general, are not after blacks nor hate blacks. But, that is easy for me to say, when I am not the one in that situation.
id say blacks are justified for distrusting law enforcement based on plenty of historical facts

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 03:06 PM
You are a lie. I never said that I want construction workers dead.

What's the difference. You want to kill all the members of one profession, why not another?

It's seriously no different, and I am not a lie, I am a person. Learn that, liar.

The funny thing is how you post things like this:

in amongst your posts about wanting cops dead with #DiePigsDie attached. How do you expect to kill all these cops and still support yourself. It looks like you the yourself on principle.

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 03:07 PM
id say blacks are justified for distrusting law enforcement based on plenty of historical facts

Distrust I understandable. I distrust most law enforcement. The difference is I don't call for law enforcement to DIE on a daily basis like someone here does.

GroundSupport
07-16-2014, 03:08 PM

Just like the Cops can distrust most young black males from inner cities? Hence the original story?

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Just like the Cops can distrust most young black males from inner cities? Hence the original story?

I'm pretty sure that's racist, but you'd have to ask veg. He's the resident racist racism expert, so he should be able to tell you from his own racist racism expertise.

sanfran22
07-16-2014, 03:17 PM

Will you do the same for the Muslims? Because I never see you do that...

gsj68
07-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Distrust I understandable. I distrust most law enforcement. The difference is I don't call for law enforcement to DIE on a daily basis like someone here does.
i understand,going absolute is never a good thing

gsj68
07-16-2014, 04:13 PM
TV Reporter Suspended After Rant About Fatherless ‘Young Black Men’
"News 12 reporter Sean Bergin made a controversial statement about “young black men” on TV Monday and now he has reportedly been suspended.The regional News 12 Networks, which serve New York and New Jersey, ran a story (above) about Jersey City Police Officer Melvin Santiago, who was fatally wounded (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/13/cops-jersey-city-police-officer-shot-dead-during-armed-robbery/) in a shootout at a Jersey City Walgreens on Sunday. The network interviewed angry residents in the segment, many of whom weren't very sensitive to the police officer's death.
“We were besieged, flooded with calls from police officers furious that we would give media coverage to the life of a cop killer,” Bergin said. “It's understandable. We decided to air it because it's important to shine a light on this anti-cop mentality that has so contaminated America's inner cities.”
Then Bergin began editorializing.
“This same sick, perverse line of thinking is evident from Jersey City to Newark and Patterson to Trenton. It has made the police officer's job impossible, and it has got to stop. The underlying cause for all of this, of course, young black men growing up without fathers. Unfortunately, no one in the news media has the courage to touch that subject,” he added."
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/tv-reporter-suspended-rant-fatherless-young-black-men-225200189.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOekY4FiGjU

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 04:41 PM
never mind

mrveggieman
07-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Will you do the same for the Muslims? Because I never see you do that...

Do what for muslims? Look for bad stories about them? No need to do that because you conservatives have that on lock. Why don't you post more stories about christians raping kids since you want to be fair and balanced.

sanfran22
07-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Do what for muslims? Look for bad stories about them? No need to do that because you conservatives have that on lock. Why don't you post more stories about christians raping kids since you want to be fair and balanced.
Did you just miss the entire point? You are saying you are going to hold the good cops accountable for the bad, but you won't do the same for the muslims that you constantly defend? Can you be more two faced?

ajcorleone
07-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Black on black crime rates are high.But oyu knew that that is why you back peddled.

ajcorleone
07-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Veg you posted you were college educated correct? Do you read what you write or remember what you write? Also do you comprehend what you write and say and think of the ramifications those words have? I am guessing not but you might prove me wrong

Wickabee
07-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Did you just miss the entire point? You are saying you are going to hold the good cops accountable for the bad, but you won't do the same for the muslims that you constantly defend? Can you be more two faced?

He could, but only if he wore a mask backwards.

ajcorleone
07-17-2014, 02:02 PM
I see my point was made because there was no answer.

mrveggieman
07-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Veg you posted you were college educated correct? Do you read what you write or remember what you write? Also do you comprehend what you write and say and think of the ramifications those words have? I am guessing not but you might prove me wrong

Yes I have been to college and yes I read before I post but sometimes there may be a spelling or grammar error which if I find I go back and correct. I do however stand behind everything that I say on here.

Wickabee
07-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Yes I have been to college and yes I read before I post
Umm...I made a thread for conservatives to complain about liberals, and you used it to complain about conservatives. Either you didn't read the first post in that thread, or you decided clearly to go off topic for 2 pages.

Which was it? Did you read and post off topic anyway? Or did you not read and post what you thought the title meant?

mrveggieman
07-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Umm...I made a thread for conservatives to complain about liberals, and you used it to complain about conservatives. Either you didn't read the first post in that thread, or you decided clearly to go off topic for 2 pages.

Which was it? Did you read and post off topic anyway? Or did you not read and post what you thought the title meant?

As I stated in the other thread I went with the flow.

Wickabee
07-17-2014, 02:42 PM
As I stated in the other thread I went with the flow.

You created the flow, veg. You didn't read.

ajcorleone
07-17-2014, 03:46 PM
And still no answer.I am stunned I thought I would get a least a half you know what excuse.

Wickabee
07-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Careful with the censor workarounds. I use "half hearted" for that one, myself.

ajcorleone
07-17-2014, 03:48 PM
My apologies I will fix it
Careful with the censor workarounds. I use "half hearted" for that one, myself.

Wickabee
07-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Don't want you getting in trouble, good buddy. I also note he's not trying to defend his backwards posting either.

mrveggieman
07-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Don't want you getting in trouble, good buddy. I also note he's not trying to defend his backwards posting either.

Now AJ is you good buddy huh man?

Wickabee
07-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Now AJ is you good buddy huh man?

Yeah, we get along fine. He's on my Facebook, just like you! Weird that I can disagree with someone on pretty much everything and still not hate them, huh? You should try it. The not hating people thing, I mean.

mrveggieman
07-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Yeah, we get along fine. He's on my Facebook, just like you! Weird that I can disagree with someone on pretty much everything and still not hate them, huh? You should try it. The not hating people thing, I mean.

I didn't know that AJ had a facebook. Add me AJ. Oh wait a minute are add mes allowed on here?

ajcorleone
07-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Uh no or maybe I will put in these terms. Sure I will add you, PSYCH!!!!!
I didn't know that AJ had a facebook. Add me AJ. Oh wait a minute are add mes allowed on here?

Wickabee
07-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Uh no or maybe I will put in these terms. Sure I will add you, PSYCH!!!!!

Good call, I actually just blocked him because of the prejudice and hate he posts. I could handle it for awhile, but it's every day, so I'm done with it.

ajcorleone
07-21-2014, 04:30 PM
I get enough of him on here don't need him in a more personal form like Facebook
Good call, I actually just blocked him because of the prejudice and hate he posts. I could handle it for awhile, but it's every day, so I'm done with it.

tpeichel
07-21-2014, 07:07 PM
It's messed up that any innocent person dies performing their job duties but that still dosen't change the fact that the bad cops are making things worse for the good cops as well as the general public.

I strongly agree with this statement. Good cops "protecting" bad cops has contributed greatly to a very bad situation, but how is advocating killing all cops any type of civilized solution?

I support the death penalty for all pedophiles, but does killing all the priests seem rational? How about killing everyone in the British parliament because they hid a historic pedophile ring? Maybe we should off everyone in Hollywood because it is an open secret that homosexual men abuse young teens in exchange for roles in their movies?