PDA

View Full Version : Feds: Obama broke law with Bergdahl swap

Zimbow
08-22-2014, 01:36 AM
President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday.

“[The Department of Defense] violated section 8111 because it did not notify the relevant congressional committees at least 30 days in advance of the transfer,” the GAO report said. “In addition, because DOD used appropriated funds to carry out the transfer when no money was available for that purpose, DOD violated the Antideficiency Act. The Antideficiency Act prohibits federal agencies from incurring obligations exceeding an amount available in an appropriation.”

The GAO rejected the idea that the action was legal and sidestepped the Obama team’s suggestion that the law is unconstitutional.

“It is not our role or our practice to determine the constitutionality of duly enacted statutes,” the report says. “In our view, where legislation has been passed by Congress and signed by the President, thereby satisfying the bicameralism and presentment requirements in the Constitution, that legislation is entitled to a heavy presumption in favor of constitutionality.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/385979/feds-obama-broke-law-bergdahl-swap-joel-gehrke

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 03:17 AM
So basically, conservatives would have preferred a man be left behind.

shrewsbury
08-22-2014, 09:28 AM
a man left behind or a man who left on his own and now regrets it?

GroundSupport
08-22-2014, 09:50 AM
A deserter/traitor left behind?

What about those American's in Benghazi who were left behind and then lied about?

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 12:14 PM
A deserter/traitor left behind?

What about those American's in Benghazi who were left behind and then lied about?

The past is in the past. We're not talking about that. Boy, you conservatives will turn anything into Benghazi.

I guess GWB IS fair game.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 01:05 PM
GWB never dies on these boards.That is an easy thread to go back to
The past is in the past. We're not talking about that. Boy, you conservatives will turn anything into Benghazi.

I guess GWB IS fair game.

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 01:50 PM

Yeah, but now you have to stop saying "the past is the past" or admit you're a hypocrite...or just look like one without admitting it, as usual.

That goes for many others as well.

GroundSupport
08-22-2014, 01:51 PM

When it doubt, blame Bush.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 01:53 PM
If the past remained the past then what would people have to talk about on the boards.Because once a good point is made somebody else (NOT POINTING FINGERS GENERAL STATEMENT HERE)has to deflect by going to the past.It is like the circle of life only for those with no answers.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Always the ace in the hole

Star_Cards
08-22-2014, 01:59 PM

You obviously are missing his point. He asked if Bush was far game because you did essentially the same thing while bringing up Bengahzi into a thread about trading for Bergdahl. It's all just clutter.

I'm not sure where I stand in trading for prisoners. I get that there is a reason why they don't typically do that, but I am curious why they'd trade for bergdahl and not get the two journalists back. Maybe it's different when you talk about soldiers versus citizens. I think if you are going to trade for bergdahl why not pay the ransom for the journalists? To me it would be less of a threat to pay a ransom (not knowing what the ransom was) than giving back 6 terrorists.

GroundSupport
08-22-2014, 02:05 PM
You obviously are missing his point. He asked if Bush was far game because you did essentially the same thing while bringing up Bengahzi into a thread about trading for Bergdahl. It's all just clutter.

I'm not sure where I stand in trading for prisoners. I get that there is a reason why they don't typically do that, but I am curious why they'd trade for bergdahl and not get the two journalists back. Maybe it's different when you talk about soldiers versus citizens. I think if you are going to trade for bergdahl why not pay the ransom for the journalists? To me it would be less of a threat to pay a ransom (not knowing what the ransom was) than giving back 6 terrorists.

I guess I missed the point when he blames the last 600 times he has done it. It's not about this instance in particular. He does it all the time.

Benghazi happened less than 2 years ago, and was covered up and lied about. Yet now everyone wants to use the term "no one left behind." Which is completely hyprocritical because of these American's being left behind purposely.

And it's still lied about until this day.

To say Bergdahl is more of value to the US then those now KIA CIA agents/Navy Seals is highly offensive.

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 02:10 PM

I could make every topic about Obama, whether he's involved or not. Oh wait, I don't have to, the conservatives do that for me.

gsj68
08-22-2014, 02:49 PM
when bush is to blame,yes
theres some stuff conservatives are ripping obama for that bush started,like corporate bailouts
and i tend to hold leaders accountable

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Indeed leaders should be held accountable.Now this is all in the past but Obama has not been held responsible for too much.He is a media darling and now that his term is coming to a close soon now the media starts turning on him.Where were they before
when bush is to blame,yes
theres some stuff conservatives are ripping obama for that bush started,like corporate bailouts
and i tend to hold leaders accountable

shrewsbury
08-22-2014, 02:57 PM
people love excuses, "it's not my fault". blame your parents, friends, past presidents, and everyone else. but guess what, you are in charge now, step it up.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 03:00 PM
AGreed that is the main fault of society.Nobody steps up and takes responsibility

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Indeed leaders should be held accountable.Now this is all in the past but Obama has not been held responsible for too much.He is a media darling and now that his term is coming to a close soon now the media starts turning on him.Where were they before

Just wait until a Republican gets in office. Then every conservative will point to every problem and say "Obama".

Just like they did with Clinton, just like the Dems do with Bush, and will do with the next Rep.

The amusing part is both sides think they're somehow better when they're not even different. You guys need to stop believing third party voting is a wage. It's only a waste if you believe it is. A third party will NEVER become viable until people start seriously voting for one, and everyone isn't going to do that at the same time.

If you want change, make it. If you like the status quo, call third party voting a waste. It's the same as saying you like the way things are and want your nation divided.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Also agree they all pass the buck.Eventually but probably not in my lifetime a 3rd party will shock the world and win. But the love affair for Obama does not show me that people believe your statement.I think its true they all pass blame but my opinion is Obama gets a pass for whatever reason.And there are a few
Just wait until a Republican gets in office. Then every conservative will point to every problem and say "Obama".

Just like they did with Clinton, just like the Dems do with Bush, and will do with the next Rep.

The amusing part is both sides think they're somehow better when they're not even different. You guys need to stop believing third party voting is a wage. It's only a waste if you believe it is. A third party will NEVER become viable until people start seriously voting for one, and everyone isn't going to do that at the same time.

If you want change, make it. If you like the status quo, call third party voting a waste. It's the same as saying you like the way things are and want your nation divided.

shrewsbury
08-22-2014, 03:03 PM
wick, I am impressed, good points.

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Obama gets a pass from his supporters, the way Republicans support their Presidents. How can you say he gets a pass when there are pages and pages of makes about how evil he is? That doesn't sound like a pass to me. Why focus on one side? It just leaves you ignorant to the other.

shrewsbury
08-22-2014, 03:12 PM
or onesided?

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 03:14 PM
or onesided?

Well...yeah

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Well just on these boards alone when I read about a bash on Obama it gets hot down because its fox news, or it is this publication,it is a tea party,so where is the credible source. And even though it is the past that Benghazi is one great cover up.Now Bush got away with them too don't get your panties bunched.But Obama has got them on lock down.Just my view.Besides as I made clear I think both sides are corrupt so it is lose lose
Obama gets a pass from his supporters, the way Republicans support their Presidents. How can you say he gets a pass when there are pages and pages of makes about how evil he is? That doesn't sound like a pass to me. Why focus on one side? It just leaves you ignorant to the other.

gsj68
08-22-2014, 03:24 PM
ooh,i could care less about the media's opinion,completely ignore it
obama will be held accountable,he's the prez,they all get crushed in the end

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Well they are supposed to lead us right?
ooh,i could care less about the media's opinion,completely ignore it
obama will be held accountable,he's the prez,they all get crushed in the end

gsj68
08-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Well they are supposed to lead us right?
the media,no
the president,yes
but come on,you deal with the general pubic,who do you think they will choose,the leader or the guy with the snappy one liners?

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Well just on these boards alone when I read about a bash on Obama it gets hot down because its fox news, or it is this publication,it is a tea party,so where is the credible source. And even though it is the past that Benghazi is one great cover up.Now Bush got away with them too don't get your panties bunched.But Obama has got them on lock down.Just my view.Besides as I made clear I think both sides are corrupt so it is lose lose

And every time any Republican is mentioned "he's not President" or "he's not President now".

How is it any different. How are you different?

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 03:44 PM
I was all right for awhile
I could smile for awhile
But I saw you last night
You held my hand so tight
As you stopped to say, "Hello"

Oh, you wished me well
You, you couldn't tell
That I'd been crying over you
Crying over you

When you said, "So long"
Left me standing all alone
Alone and crying, crying
Crying, crying

It's hard to understand
But the touch of your hand
Can start me crying

I thought that I was over you
But it's true, so true
I love you even more
Than I did before

But, darling, what can I do?
For you don't love me
And I'll always be crying over you
Crying over you

Yes, now you're gone
And from this moment on
I'll be crying, crying
Crying, crying
Yeah, crying, crying
Over you

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Uh...

I don't swing that way, fella. I'm happily married to a woman. Sorry.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Me too happily with 2 children just was listening to the oldies and it came on.Again ironic.Man why are you nice to me on this thread and want to report me on the other? More traffic?
Uh...

I don't swing that way, fella. I'm happily married to a woman. Sorry.

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Me too happily with 2 children just was listening to the oldies and it came on.Again ironic.Man why are you nice to me on this thread and want to report me on the other? More traffic?

Oh so now you didn't report me?

And I can only assume someone singing love songs to me wants a date.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Oh no I did report we had a squabble.I like to use this site for some selling and would hate to see it get messed up by a misunderstanding.So I figure why not nip it now before it blows up.
Oh so now you didn't report me?

And I can only assume someone singing love songs to me wants a date.

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Oh no I did report we had a squabble.I like to use this site for some selling and would hate to see it get messed up by a misunderstanding.So I figure why not nip it now before it blows up.

I would hate that to. That's why I don't send unsolicited, unprovoked, insulting and cuss filled PMs. If I get one, I respond in kind, but I would never start such a thing as this. Ever.

ajcorleone
08-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Guess your not going like you said.So I will stick around I guess til we can solve this
I would hate that to. That's why I don't send unsolicited, unprovoked, insulting and cuss filled PMs. If I get one, I respond in kind, but I would never start such a thing as this. Ever.

Wickabee
08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Guess your not going like you said.So I will stick around I guess til we can solve this

Oh.
My.
God.

Jus end the childishness now. You started it, end it.