PDA

View Full Version : RIOTS! in Keene St College....and yet, why so little coverage from the mainstream?

JustAlex
10-21-2014, 02:29 AM
http://www.wmur.com/news/chaos-fills-keenes-campus-streets/29226864

^I've heard almost NOTHING about this from the big mainstream media....and I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHY?!

Is it because these were just "drunk party kids having a good time and got out of control" the way some have described it?

Or because no one freaking cares when white kids riot?

You know something.....I DON'T like to play the race card, because many times I don't see the world in such a black and white manner.....during the whole Ferguson thing, my angle is and will CONTINUE to be the out of control state we have in this nation with cops.

I DO NOT CARE WHO THE VICTIM IS.....Cops are OUT of control no matte what race YOU are and no matter what race the COPS are.....they are drunk on their own power and believe they can do whatever the hell they want and the law does not apply to them.

However bad it may be.....the people that DID riot in Ferguson did so out of frustration that they feel that there is no justice in their community.

THIS DOES NOT EXCUSE THEIR BEHAVIOR!!!

But why did these stupid kids riot? For no god damn reason other than they were drunk?

Let this be a very STARK realization to EVERYONE that humans in GENERAL are idiots and can do very stupid things especially when tensions are high or when alcohol is in play.

And remember....ALL RACES riot, and ALL RACES do stupid things.

And SCREW YOU Mainstream for being so quiet on this.....You once again show your true colors for the PATHETIC and NON-TRUSTWORTHY status you have reached.

JustAlex
10-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Found some good videos of the rioting including a LOT of property damage such as flipping over cars and breaking street signs to assaulting fellow rioters....

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/10/20/videos-from-unrest-keene/8PxbcpFNNQ4FgLjfzSgebO/story.html?p1=Article_Related_Box_Article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkflwBoAZMM

^THUGS!

There's not a better word for these people and their behavior!

These people need to be brought to justice....just like the THUGS rioting in Ferguson.

Rioting should NEVER and I mean NEVER be justified or excused.

And I'm glad we have these videos because not only does it show how ANYONE regardless of race can riot and act like ANIMALS, but it can also lead to authorities to find these people and bring them to justice.....no mercy for rioters!

jlzinck
10-21-2014, 09:03 AM
You don't like to play the race card but you do....SMH
Did you see it on the mainstream news when they did this same thing at UMass Amherst in the spring? No
Do you see any mainstream coverage when this happens dozens of times a year in different college areas? No.

I saw it because it was local and it shows the stupidity of "local" idiots fueled by alcohol.

If you are going to race bait please make it worth your time.

ajcorleone
10-21-2014, 09:58 AM
I stopped reading when you said you don't play the race card.

GroundSupport
10-21-2014, 10:09 AM

Strictly playing the race card. Exactly why he made this thread.

ajcorleone
10-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Of course now that most have figured Alex out he pops out of the hole to stir the pot then leaves when the heat turns up and most figure out it was all about nothing. Shame because Alex actually use to make good points but his crusade has consumed his common sense.

duane1969
10-21-2014, 10:23 AM
This isn't being covered by media because:

1) A black guy wasn't killed by a white cop.
2) College towns have these types of disruptions all the time, so they are common place.
3) It is not a race related riot.

To suggest that this isn't being covered because they are white is asinine and silly. This isn't being covered because the media likes to sensationalize things that divide the country. A bunch of drunk white teens turning over a couple of cars and setting trash cans on fire is hardly newsworthy anyway. A black guy killed by a white cop is the lead story on every major news feed. A white guy killed by a black cop will not even be a casual mention on anything other than the local news and then it will only be played off as "man shot by cops" with no mention of skin color.

Want to see a version of the race card? Try this. ANYTHING done to a black person by a white person is considered racially motivated until proven otherwise. Anything done to a white person by a black person is "just a conflict" and the white person probably did something to deserve it anyway. That is the true ignorance of racial issues in this country. This is supposed to be a country of fair and equal treatment for all, which simply does not exists.

jlzinck
10-21-2014, 10:27 AM

I'd give Alex $5 to change his Avatar to "Rev" Al Sharpton.

ajcorleone
10-21-2014, 10:32 AM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:WELL SAID
This isn't being covered by media because:

1) A black guy wasn't killed by a white cop.
2) College towns have these types of disruptions all the time, so they are common place.
3) It is not a race related riot.

To suggest that this isn't being covered because they are white is asinine and silly. This isn't being covered because the media likes to sensationalize things that divide the country. A bunch of drunk white teens turning over a couple of cars and setting trash cans on fire is hardly newsworthy anyway. A black guy killed by a white cop is the lead story on every major news feed. A white guy killed by a black cop will not even be a casual mention on anything other than the local news and then it will only be played off as "man shot by cops" with no mention of skin color.

Want to see a version of the race card? Try this. ANYTHING done to a black person by a white person is considered racially motivated until proven otherwise. Anything done to a white person by a black person is "just a conflict" and the white person probably did something to deserve it anyway. That is the true ignorance of racial issues in this country. This is supposed to be a country of fair and equal treatment for all, which simply does not exists.

JustAlex
10-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Can any of you conservatives read?

@jl, yes I'm playing the race card NOW, but I typically DON'T....go read the damn Ferguson thread if you don't believe me.

@AJ, with the amount of times you constantly misinterpret my comments, I'm glad you stopped reading.

@Ground.....you literally said nothing of value.

I'm not even remotely surprised by the comments.

sanfran22
10-21-2014, 03:41 PM
These stupid "riots" would happen once in awhile during my time @ Ohio State. Were they racial as well?

ajcorleone
10-21-2014, 06:16 PM
I went to small Harrisburg Area Community College and things like this happened. Not that it is right but this happens at colleges. And it is not news because it is not white on black. That seems to be the only time it is news worthy in America now a days. But this is the state of things sadly.

beachbum
10-21-2014, 06:25 PM
These stupid "riots" would happen once in awhile during my time @ Ohio State. Were they racial as well?

Right down the street from you at UD, it was very common for this to happen in the "ghetto". I went to my fair share of OSU parties too, they were fun some got out of control but it was never national media fodder and it was NEVER about race!

Its really much ado about nothing Alex.

deansayso
10-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Riots happen every year in Ames. It's called VEISHEA and it has officially been cancelled. :)

Black or White we riot! Check out some youtube videos. There is a video of a lineman carrying around a stop sign.

Cars are usually flipped and light poles torn down. One year a dumpster was filled with gas, lit on fire, and pushed down a hill.

Maybe there was a valid reason in banning 4 Lokos?

deansayso
10-21-2014, 09:32 PM
If you look you can see some dorms to the right of the video. The cops used tear gas to disperse the crowd but it ended up getting into the dorms as well so they had to evacuate part of campus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcb5eWiO00o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFy1JL1pQwQ

duane1969
10-21-2014, 10:07 PM

I think his implication, as poorly construed as it was, was to try and imply that the police/media/etc are racist because they made a big deal about the Ferguson riots and didn't about this. The two situations are nothing alike, but give liberals a figment of hope that they may have found an excuse to accuse someone of being racist and they show up in truckloads to join the name-calling party.

JustAlex
10-21-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't think the media is racist, well I'm not sure about FOX, but not the general media.

Basically, the point of the thread is to show the horrible DOUBLE STANDARD that is going on.

Not only was this riot barely reported, it was given a very different spin than the Ferguson riot by the few people that did report it.

Thus I AM using the race card because I'm seeing a very DIFFERENT way of reporting, and I believe that is UNJUST.

I don't give two craps what color your skin is....if a riot is done by blacks or whites, I want to know that BOTH riots are reported FAIRLY and EQUAL by the god dammed media.

And again, I want ZERO MERCY on the individuals involved in any riot.

I do NOT care if you think that because you are a college kid and was only having a "good time" that that somehow exempts you from the rules.....

It does NOT!

I want to see the police investigate any and all video from this riot and bring these thugs to justice.

And EVERYONE should be in agreement with at least that opinion, if you really care for justice.

ajcorleone
10-22-2014, 12:50 AM
I did not read a lot about this so maybe you can shed some light here. In Fergson people looted stores and stole in the name of JUSTICE?????????? Was there looting here in Keene college? And this is an easy question the thugs in Ferguson who lloted in the name of JUSTICE did you want them brought to justice?Because if the point of this thread is thugs being brought to justice than bravo sir I am with you 100%. But if it was a weak race bait attempt then I am shocked you have sunk to these tactics. A once brilliant mind on here has sunk to these levels.
I don't think the media is racist, well I'm not sure about FOX, but not the general media.

Basically, the point of the thread is to show the horrible DOUBLE STANDARD that is going on.

Not only was this riot barely reported, it was given a very different spin than the Ferguson riot by the few people that did report it.

Thus I AM using the race card because I'm seeing a very DIFFERENT way of reporting, and I believe that is UNJUST.

I don't give two craps what color your skin is....if a riot is done by blacks or whites, I want to know that BOTH riots are reported FAIRLY and EQUAL by the god dammed media.

I do NOT care if you think that because you are a college kid and was only having a "good time" that that somehow exempts you from the rules.....

It does NOT!

I want to see the police investigate any and all video from this riot and bring these thugs to justice.

And EVERYONE should be in agreement with at least that opinion, if you really care for justice.

ajcorleone
10-22-2014, 12:51 AM
And let us not forget Ferguson was only a HUGE deal because supposedly a white cop shot an unarmed black man. Of course more came out of the story and he media looked dumb but in the meantime they caught all the looting and nonsense on film

JustAlex
10-22-2014, 12:58 AM
I did not read a lot about this so maybe you can shed some light here. In Fergson people looted stores and stole in the name of JUSTICE?????????? Was there looting here in Keene college?
Go back to post #2 where you will see that I call the Ferguson rioters THUGS!

You think I'm scared of calling black people thugs when they properly deserve that title? HELL NO!

I'll call a spade a spade when I need to, and I'm not some PC moron to have my language censored.

And you better believe that I'm also not scared to call anyone out regardless of their race, religion, whatever the hell they are out.....I've never been scared to do that.

Because if the point of this thread is thugs being brought to justice than bravo sir I am with you 100%.
I've clearly said that IT IS about that....but it's also about pointing out the DOUBLE STANDARD we are seeing in the media.

Because that's what they are.

ANYONE that riots or loots should instantly earn the title of THUG and CRIMINAL.

That's what the Ferguson looters were and that's what these stupid kids are....I DO NOT CARE what their motive was in rioting was....they are THUGS AND CRIMINALS.

But if it was a weak race bait attempt then I am shocked you have sunk to these tactics.
I'm brutally honest and I'll tell you EXACTLY what I think.

And you know what I think?

I think we have a double standard going on, and I'm giving you my reasoning behind this opinion.

I said I WAS pulling the race card because I FEEL it is necessary to use it in this instance....but the race card is NOT towards the general public....it's towards the MEDIA and the way they have covered (or in this instance NOT covered) it.

JustAlex
10-22-2014, 01:10 AM
And let us not forget Ferguson was only a HUGE deal because supposedly a white cop shot an unarmed black man.
What do you mean "Supposedly"?

THAT IS what happened, a white cop shot to death an unarmed black man.

But you know what? I DON'T CARE if the cop is white or not....I care that I COP, a member that is supposedly looking out for the community gunned down a civilian who was unarmed....I also DO NOT CARE what color this civilian is.

This is why I made the "Cops out of control" thread....this is why I continue to say that Cops in America have become a disgrace and are no longer trustworthy by the general public.

Because it's NOT just the Ferguson case, it's MANY cases.

Go to YT and you'll see how much of this nonsense is going on.

And whether you are white, black, or whatever....you should be VERY concerned with the state of Cops in America, because it is becoming VERY scary out there.

ajcorleone
10-22-2014, 01:16 AM
Uh Alex I know logic and reason is your game so it should be easy unless you shut off the news too early. There is proof that the officer might have used proper protocol.Because he was unarmed does not mean he was not a threat to the officers life. I know that kills your crusade but I know your big on this but it is"innocent until proven guilty". Of course that does not help your arguement but a man of logic would realize that there are 2 sides to every story so I guess we will have to see what comes out in the court hearings.
What do you mean "Supposedly"?

THAT IS what happened, a white cop shot to death an unarmed black man.

But you know what? I DON'T CARE if the cop is white or not....I care that I COP, a member that is supposedly looking out for the community gunned down a civilian who was unarmed....I also DO NOT CARE what color this civilian is.

This is why I made the "Cops out of control" thread....this is why I continue to say that Cops in America have become a disgrace and are no longer trustworthy by the general public.

Because it's NOT just the Ferguson case, it's MANY cases.

Go to YT and you'll see how much of this nonsense is going on.

And whether you are white, black, or whatever....you should be VERY concerned with the state of Cops in America, because it is becoming VERY scary out there.

ajcorleone
10-22-2014, 01:18 AM
You are right there is A HUGE double standard. Seems lately we only hear about white on black PERIOD.That couple that was attacked outside a club was wept under the rug. Also the marine who was attacked with his wife not a peep. Gues black on white dies not sell newspapers,get votes,or make news.
Go back to post #2 where you will see that I call the Ferguson rioters THUGS!

You think I'm scared of calling black people thugs when they properly deserve that title? HELL NO!

I'll call a spade a spade when I need to, and I'm not some PC moron to have my language censored.

And you better believe that I'm also not scared to call anyone out regardless of their race, religion, whatever the hell they are out.....I've never been scared to do that.

I've clearly said that IT IS about that....but it's also about pointing out the DOUBLE STANDARD we are seeing in the media.

Because that's what they are.

ANYONE that riots or loots should instantly earn the title of THUG and CRIMINAL.

That's what the Ferguson looters were and that's what these stupid kids are....I DO NOT CARE what their motive was in rioting was....they are THUGS AND CRIMINALS.

I'm brutally honest and I'll tell you EXACTLY what I think.

And you know what I think?

I think we have a double standard going on, and I'm giving you my reasoning behind this opinion.

I said I WAS pulling the race card because I FEEL it is necessary to use it in this instance....but the race card is NOT towards the general public....it's towards the MEDIA and the way they have covered (or in this instance NOT covered) it.

JustAlex
10-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Uh Alex I know logic and reason is your game so it should be easy unless you shut off the news too early. There is proof that the officer might have used proper protocol.Because he was unarmed does not mean he was not a threat to the officers life. I know that kills your crusade but I know your big on this but it is"innocent until proven guilty". Of course that does not help your arguement but a man of logic would realize that there are 2 sides to every story so I guess we will have to see what comes out in the court hearings.
So, in YOUR reasoning, you think that it's OK for a man with a gun who has been properly TRAINED to use said gun and to try to defuse dangerous situations.....to KILL a man who has absolutely no weapons on him.

Yeah, I'm not going to continue to argue on that point.

Because it is too easy to see that no...that is not ok.

You are right there is A HUGE double standard. Seems lately we only hear about white on black PERIOD.That couple that was attacked outside a club was wept under the rug. Also the marine who was attacked with his wife not a peep. Gues black on white dies not sell newspapers,get votes,or make news.
OK, and I can agree on that.

All I want is fair reporting.

If you're going to say the things you say about people rioting in Ferguson, then I also want to hear those same things for people rioting in Keene, NH.

Fair is fair.

ajcorleone
10-22-2014, 01:41 AM
See your not reading I did not say it was ok. I said there is 2 sides to the story.YOU PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH to make you feel better. read what is written. You are saying cops are out of control and I agreed. But this unarmed man MIGHT (notice I said might) not be innocent. That will be decided by a jury. And yes I already know it will be biased if you do not get the outcome YOU think is just. Then you can blame everyone else.You should change your moniker to MY LOGIC AND REASON IS ALL YOU NEED. then you would at least be truthfull
So, in YOUR reasoning, you think that it's OK for a man with a gun who has been properly TRAINED to use said gun and to try to defuse dangerous situations.....to KILL a man who has absolutely no weapons on him.

Yeah, I'm not going to continue to argue on that point.

Because it is too easy to see that no...that is not ok.

JustAlex
10-22-2014, 05:20 AM
OK, fine....I apologize, yes your implication is that he MIGHT be justified in killing an unarmed man.....I should've made that clear.

But don't you think that if you have the power to kill a human, you should only do so if you absolutely KNOW or feel very strongly that he is a threat to your life?

By ALL accounts, the victim was MANY feet from the cop, he wasn't running towards him and he had his arms up.....this is the universal symbol of GIVING UP.

C'mon AJ, surely you DO know that the victim had his hands up, right?

So, you tell me....do you think it's reasonable to shoot a man who has the universal symbol of giving up and is various feet away from you, and has no weapons on him?

Do you think it's logical that a community might be justifiably upset when this happens and the cop is NOT arrested or anything?

Again, this has nothing to do with skin color, and you know what, I dislike the fact that the media and everyone else IMMEDIATELY went into the whole black vs. white thing....this has EVERYTHING to do with individuals using their POWER to do whatever the hell they want.

The story SHOULD be about Cops abusing their power, cops being out of control, and citizens who are absolutely FED UP with it.

Yes AJ, there ARE two sides to a every story.....but right now, with the available evidence, I simply do NOT see how this shooting is justified.

JustAlex
10-22-2014, 05:45 AM
BTW, I wanted to speak a little bit about the whole concept of "Justice"....

Back when I was a christian my parents always told me how I should feel when I knew something unjust had occurred in the world....."God will take care of it".

"No one escapes God's judgement".

You see, I now know that this is a comfort mechanism people use to make them feel at ease when unjust things occur and IF those unjust things go without being eventually justified.

It doesn't matter because eventually either god will make things right or maybe karma will.

Now as an atheist I no longer believe in such things.....which means....and I hate to say this....that people who do unjust things and get away with it....really do get away with it.

This is why I have such a deeper quench for justice today, I do not believe in god and I do not believe in karma and I certainly do not believe that the unjust will somehow be justified by random.

We humans MUST make sure that justice is met.

Now, I am not implying that we should take justice into our own hands in some vigilante type manner, but I AM saying that we should strive for justice through our judicial system (even if it's not perfect) because we don't have any guarantee that it will be met by any other means.

jlzinck
10-22-2014, 08:35 AM

Wow...you bring up double standards? Just wow.

duane1969
10-22-2014, 09:54 AM

Of course! The only media outlet that could possibly be racist is the conservative one. What a joke.

You are wrong. There is no double standard. The riot in Ferguson was specifically about race. The riot at Keene College has absolutely nothing to do with race.

Because IT IS different.

See previous statement.

They both received the correct amount of coverage. One was a major riot that went on for weeks, resulted in the looting and destruction of many businesses and was the result of a black man being shot by a white cop. The other was a bunch of drunk college kids flipping over a few cars and burning some trash over a span of a couple of hours. To suggest that these two issues should have been covered equally is laughable at the very least.

It does NOT!

Many have already been arrested and they are already investigating who else may have been involved. Take your meds, they are on the job without you even having to demand it.

The irony of it all is that the "riot" at Keene will probably result in harsher punishment for those involved than the riot in Ferguson will/did. A quiet college community will take this minor issue much more seriously than Ferguson which is accustomed to regular incidents of civil unrest and conflict.

GroundSupport
10-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Wow...you bring up double standards? Just wow.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9QjARWd5a84/T3OXHJJbe1I/AAAAAAAAA34/OVtLNvwpMvI/s190/nod-of-approval.gif

beachbum
10-22-2014, 10:31 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9QjARWd5a84/T3OXHJJbe1I/AAAAAAAAA34/OVtLNvwpMvI/s190/nod-of-approval.gif

Looks like Zach Galifianakis from the 80s!

duane1969
10-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Looks like Zach Galifianakis from the 80s!

Yeah, minus the kinda crazy burned out look in his eyes :)

beachbum
10-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Yeah, minus the kinda crazy burned out look in his eyes :)

Exactly! Think there have been one too many Hangover movies? j/k

JustAlex
10-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Of course! The only media outlet that could possibly be racist is the conservative one. What a joke.
You're god damn right that I question FOX on this matter, because their track record is absolutely terrible when it comes to this stuff, and it's members like O'Reilly and Hannity.....yeah, I think they are legit racists.

You are wrong. There is no double standard. The riot in Ferguson was specifically about race. The riot at Keene College has absolutely nothing to do with race.
Jesus F Christ, I don't care WHY people riot, this thread has never been about that.....I care that they're doing something very wrong, and yet I see two very different narratives from both events.

Because IT IS different.

See previous statement.

They both received the correct amount of coverage. One was a major riot that went on for weeks, resulted in the looting and destruction of many businesses and was the result of a black man being shot by a white cop. The other was a bunch of drunk college kids flipping over a few cars and burning some trash over a span of a couple of hours. To suggest that these two issues should have been covered equally is laughable at the very least.
I'm not saying that they were equal in length or anything like that....but my biggest gripe is mostly the non-coverage that the latter received.

Many have already been arrested and they are already investigating who else may have been involved. Take your meds, they are on the job without you even having to demand it.
How cute, telling me to take meds, I'm 26, and completely healthy, how about you, how old are you, how is your mental state? What, you don't like personal attacks...then don't do them to others.

The irony of it all is that the "riot" at Keene will probably result in harsher punishment for those involved than the riot in Ferguson will/did. A quiet college community will take this minor issue much more seriously than Ferguson which is accustomed to regular incidents of civil unrest and conflict.
And you know this how exactly? responses in bold

shrewsbury
10-22-2014, 04:15 PM
alex, please watch your abbreviations, no curse words, even abbreviated.

JustAlex
10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
alex, please watch your abbreviations, no curse words, even abbreviated.
His name is Jesus Francis Christ...

C'mon Shrew....everyone knows that.

ajcorleone
10-22-2014, 08:12 PM
closet catholic?

beachbum
10-22-2014, 08:19 PM

Not very funny. I like bantering with you Alex but I would expect that you could respect the fact that others on here do believe in God and it would be appreciated if you could refrain from using the Lord's name in vein. I think you can get your points across without going there.

I know you got the whole "freedom of everything" going on so I'm not trying to impede your rights, its just more less just a courtesy and respect for your friends on here. I'm a newbie so don't go off on me because I came to the party late.

shrewsbury
10-22-2014, 09:13 PM
alex, I must have been absent that day.

just watch the abbreviations. otherwise carry on.

I think the riots were not even close to being related for obvious reasons. the press coverage was about nil because of the circumstances and I am sure some what do to race.

ajcorleone
10-22-2014, 09:15 PM
You will come to find out Alex has a sense of entitlement. So he has a constant disrespect for others and their beliefs,views,and what have you.He is a lost soul so don't take it too personal.
Not very funny. I like bantering with you Alex but I would expect that you could respect the fact that others on here do believe in God and it would be appreciated if you could refrain from using the Lord's name in vein. I think you can get your points across without going there.

I know you got the whole "freedom of everything" going on so I'm not trying to impede your rights, its just more less just a courtesy and respect for your friends on here. I'm a newbie so don't go off on me because I came to the party late.

beachbum
10-22-2014, 09:20 PM
You will come to find out Alex has a sense of entitlement. So he has a constant disrespect for others and their beliefs,views,and what have you.He is a lost soul so don't take it too personal.

Yeah, I get it, not taking it personally, its just hard to read the whole message when its laced with crap like that. I rather enjoy reading his political rants though, I think they are funny.

gsj68
10-22-2014, 09:26 PM
he is trying,searching,born religious turned atheist soon to be agnostic and then like myself religion wont even cross his mind,a total non factor in day to day life

shrewsbury
10-23-2014, 12:00 AM
no one is born religious.

religion affects your life and nearly every human since there has been humans, so it interests me

gsj68
10-23-2014, 12:21 AM
no one is born religious.

religion affects your life and nearly every human since there has been humans, so it interests me
sorry,born into religion

shrew,the only time i discuss god or religion is here,outside of this forum i might hear god on t.v. flipping through the channels or drive by a church sign beyond that a complete non factor in my life and has been for all my life

im a true agnostic,i simply dont care,what will be will be

oh,and there was that guy dragging a cross around yelling at the neo hippie drummers

JustAlex
10-23-2014, 01:22 AM
I like bantering with you Alex but I would expect that you could respect the fact that others on here do believe in God and it would be appreciated if you could refrain from using the Lord's name in vein.
Sorry, but that's not going to happen, and I'll explain why...

First of all, this is who I am, this is part of my vocabulary and like I said before....I am NOT a PC guy, never have been, never will, I call a spade a spade, and I'm not going to change for anyone.

Secondly, using the name of god in "vein" means absolutely nothing to me, it's equivalent to you telling me not to use Yeti's name in vein....

Furthermore, I say the things I say because like I said, it's part of who I am and my vocabulary.....if you can believe it or not, the words "god" and "jesus christ" don't mean to me what it might mean to you or others....it's literally an adjective to me....this is why I as an atheist can say things like "Oh my God" or "Jesus Christ!"

HOWEVER, despite all these points, I feel that your sentiment is not only genuine it is sincere, so as a courtesy to you, I promise not to use the name of god or jesus in "vein" when responding to you specifically.

I WILL continue to do it in general, because the points still stand, but not when responding or talking to you directly, and if I break this promise (Because I am a flawed human), you can immediately let me know, and I'll be sure to apologize.

Aj, please just stop.....you don't speak for me and you constantly get my position wrong over and over again.

And I like that you use the phrase "Lost soul" as if that means anything in the literal way that you are using it, guess what buddy....a soul does not exists and it can neither be lost or found or anything.

JustAlex
10-23-2014, 01:35 AM
alex, I must have been absent that day.

just watch the abbreviations. otherwise carry on.

I think the riots were not even close to being related for obvious reasons. the press coverage was about nil because of the circumstances and I am sure some what do to race.
Ok Shrew, I won't use abbreviations.....despite the fact I do NOT agree with the "no cursing" rules of this forum, I do understand why it's in place and I will comply.

As for the riots, I feel that many people are misunderstanding the whole point of the thread.

I do not care about WHY people riot, I care that the way the story has been spun is ridiculous.

In Ferguson it was THUGS and CRIMINALS acting like ANIMALS!

In Keene it's College kids just having a good time and going too far.

No....it can't be one thing in one place and another in the other place if they're both doing the same thing.

The reason WHY they are doing said thing is IRRELEVANT....call a spade a spade!

Those stupid, moronic, insipid, wasteful college "kids" are JUST as much as THUGS and CRIMINALS as the rioters from Ferguson.

And that's what I want to hear.

JustAlex
10-23-2014, 01:39 AM
sorry,born into religion

shrew,the only time i discuss god or religion is here,outside of this forum i might hear god on t.v. flipping through the channels or drive by a church sign beyond that a complete non factor in my life and has been for all my life

im a true agnostic,i simply dont care,what will be will be
Sounds a lot more like "Apatheism".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism

^Basically an "Apetheist" literally does not care one way or the other, he considers these questions about god absolutely irrelevant to his life.

ajcorleone
10-23-2014, 08:25 AM
Alex I made an observation. I did not violate a rule or make a negative comment about you. I made an observation which must be spot on since you had to defend it.
Sorry, but that's not going to happen, and I'll explain why...

First of all, this is who I am, this is part of my vocabulary and like I said before....I am NOT a PC guy, never have been, never will, I call a spade a spade, and I'm not going to change for anyone.

Secondly, using the name of god in "vein" means absolutely nothing to me, it's equivalent to you telling me not to use Yeti's name in vein....

Furthermore, I say the things I say because like I said, it's part of who I am and my vocabulary.....if you can believe it or not, the words "god" and "jesus christ" don't mean to me what it might mean to you or others....it's literally an adjective to me....this is why I as an atheist can say things like "Oh my God" or "Jesus Christ!"

HOWEVER, despite all these points, I feel that your sentiment is not only genuine it is sincere, so as a courtesy to you, I promise not to use the name of god or jesus in "vein" when responding to you specifically.

I WILL continue to do it in general, because the points still stand, but not when responding or talking to you directly, and if I break this promise (Because I am a flawed human), you can immediately let me know, and I'll be sure to apologize.

Aj, please just stop.....you don't speak for me and you constantly get my position wrong over and over again.

And I like that you use the phrase "Lost soul" as if that means anything in the literal way that you are using it, guess what buddy....a soul does not exists and it can neither be lost or found or anything.

GroundSupport
10-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Ok Shrew, I won't use abbreviations.....despite the fact I do NOT agree with the "no cursing" rules of this forum, I do understand why it's in place and I will comply.

As for the riots, I feel that many people are misunderstanding the whole point of the thread.

I do not care about WHY people riot, I care that the way the story has been spun is ridiculous.

In Ferguson it was THUGS and CRIMINALS acting like ANIMALS!

In Keene it's College kids just having a good time and going too far.

No....it can't be one thing in one place and another in the other place if they're both doing the same thing.

The reason WHY they are doing said thing is IRRELEVANT....call a spade a spade!

Those stupid, moronic, insipid, wasteful college "kids" are JUST as much as THUGS and CRIMINALS as the rioters from Ferguson.

And that's what I want to hear.

Finally, you're starting to get it. Ferguson people rioted over hatred for police. They wanted to fight the police. People looted stores. People caused damage. People wouldn't dispurse. The National Guard had to come in to keep peace.

In Keene people rioted because they were having too much fun. No hatred involved. Just throwing of beer cans/bottles. I'd bet if the police came the kids would have bolted. The National Guard Did NOT have to come in to keep peace.

TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

beachbum
10-23-2014, 09:53 AM

No problem, a little humility and effort is all it takes. These boards are fun and I like all the free expression on here even though I am a right winger from Florida!

gsj68
10-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Sounds a lot more like "Apatheism".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism

^Basically an "Apetheist" literally does not care one way or the other, he considers these questions about god absolutely irrelevant to his life.
you might be right there,another label for my collection

ajcorleone
10-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Funny Alex is a closet left winger from Florida.
No problem, a little humility and effort is all it takes. These boards are fun and I like all the free expression on here even though I am a right winger from Florida!

JustAlex
10-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Ugh....why the hell would I be "closeted" about anything?

You think I'm ashamed of what I believe?

I probably would be ashamed If I was a no good conservative or a brainwashed Christian (like I once was)...

Since AJ likes to play this game of talking about my positions as if he actually genuinely knows, I think I'm also going to play the game.

Let me introduce AJ, he's a conservative.....because conservatives like authority, AJ constantly likes to defend cops....no matter what.

He's also a theist....because to AJ it might be just a LITTLE scary to think that MAYBE....just MAYBE there is no god, so it's much more comforting and "safe" to believe in god.

beachbum
10-23-2014, 08:40 PM

I probably would be ashamed If I was a no good conservative or a brainwashed Christian (like I once was)...

Since AJ likes to play this game of talking about my positions as if he actually genuinely knows, I think I'm also going to play the game.

Let me introduce AJ, he's a conservative.....because conservatives like authority, AJ constantly likes to defend cops....no matter what.

He's also a theist....because to AJ it might be just a LITTLE scary to think that MAYBE....just MAYBE there is no god, so it's much more comforting and "safe" to believe in god.

Alex - where in Florida due you live? Are you sure you were once a Christian, I'm not being rude, I thought I was a Christian my entire childhood and even into my 20s but I wasn't until Christ confronted me in person that I truly gave my life to Him. Just growing up in a christian household doesn't make someone a Christian, I know this personally and from loads of friends.

shrewsbury
10-23-2014, 11:55 PM
Alex and AJ, don't start.

JustAlex
10-24-2014, 04:43 AM
Alex - where in Florida due you live? Are you sure you were once a Christian, I'm not being rude, I thought I was a Christian my entire childhood and even into my 20s but I wasn't until Christ confronted me in person that I truly gave my life to Him. Just growing up in a christian household doesn't make someone a Christian, I know this personally and from loads of friends.
I live in South Florida, was born and raised here, and I'm a hardcore Heat, Dolphins, Hurricanes and YES even Marlins fan, because I feel a deep sense of loyalty to these teams which I literally grew up with.

Yes, I was once a Christian, and not just any regular Christian, I was a DEVOUT Evangelical who believed with all his heart that the Lord Jesus Christ was born from a virgin, came to earth to die for the sins of ALL humanity and that if I confessed my sins to him and let him enter into my heart I would be saved and have everlasting life.

John 3:16 was my guide and I actually learned how to say that full verse in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian at one time.

To this day my entire family remains Christian.

Anyway, to be perfectly fair.....I started to "stray from the path" by the time I was in my final year in High school and could only think about having sex with girls or doing something sexual, because like any other horny teenager this fully occupied my mind.

HOWEVER, I never questioned my belief in god in HS, I might have been a sinner and maybe even a hypocrite by claiming I was Christian and being "righteous" while doing all these things which I knew were very much against the word of God......but I NEVER for one second thought that God wasn't real.

So, I know what you and others might be thinking when I say this...."Did Alex become an atheist so he can "sin"?"

No.

By the time I reached my second year of college I quickly matured, and my eagerness to learn had reached an all time high.

It was about this point where I finally decided to learn about Evolution.....back in HS they DID teach us about it, but as an Evangelical Christian I dismissed it 100% and didn't want to really learn about it.

Now as a College student, I immersed myself into all types of scientific models which I had previously denied.....and the scary part was when it started making a lot of sense.

Little by little I gained an appreciation for the very thing I once believed to be 100% false and even evil.

As my thirst for knowledge continued, I could no longer keep running from the inevitability......what about my faith in god?

I decided to put it to the test....and it failed miserably.

Imagine my reaction when the thing I believed to be undeniably true, was defeated so thoroughly.

And yet, I STILL believed in god....I refused to accept my findings, I refused to call myself the "A word".

I felt lost, and I'm not gonna lie, I started to pray to god to show me the way, to make me once again believe.....but it was too late, I had come to understand too much, and the second I tried to get back into believing in god all the tests I had preformed on my faith reared it's ugly head, at this point I finally admitted that I was an atheist, I did not believe that god was real.

However, at the same time I could also not prove that god didn't exists, which was part of my early frustration, and it made me feel like I was somewhere in the middle.

Thus, I am an "Agnostic-Atheist".

An Agnotic-Atheist is simply someone who does NOT believe in god, but also can not PROVE that god exists and thus remains in the middle when it comes to knowledge.

Sorry to make this SOOO long....but I wanted to give a proper response.

beachbum
10-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Well we can agree on one thing, GO MARLINS! I tried forever to be a Rays fan, but it just wouldn't stick (I'm originally from St. Pete) but all the fibers of my being pull for the marlins, not the rays. I've started to try to collect Stanton but will never reach SC level I'm sure. I watched that infamous Brewers game live and was completely flabbergasted at how all that went down.

I have similarities to you on your faith, you were probably more devout as a young person in the faith than me. I was raised in a liberal christian home where we avoided the major sins but didn't really practice the faith. I got into tons of "soft" trouble as a teenager and early 20s adult. I actually was a Leader in my church's single ministry during the week and doing quite the opposite on weekends, that all changed when I was personally confronted by God himself. That's where my testimony starts but I will leave it there for this forum.

Thanks for sharing, let the debates continue!

ajcorleone
10-24-2014, 10:25 AM
I will keep it friendly Alex who ever said I believed in god. You assume but you show me a post where I stated that and I will eat crow.And I will defend cops who are in the right.I have always been against anybody who abuses authority (cops,politicians,world leaders,Obama). That can been proven in many posts. So like you I am not ashamed either.Now feel free to use your logic and reason to prove me wrong but I am sure of what I have posted.

JustAlex
10-24-2014, 06:23 PM
^AJ, give me a break man....now you're implying that you DON'T believe in god? You really think I'm going to believe that?

@Beachbum, despite being an Evangelical Christian, believe it or not, I was always more on the liberal side.....and the reason for that is because for the majority of my childhood and teen years my family was poor, and I had a deep empathy with others because I knew how it felt.

But not only that.....Jesus is the biggest SOCIALIST I have ever read about, and you know what? I like Jesus a lot.

Jesus constantly preached AGAINST being rich, he was AGAINST the establishment, and he literally did everything possible to help the poor, the sick, the needy, the abandoned, the unfortunate, etc.

Even now as an atheist I still like Jesus a lot, I don't think he was perfect and he did say various things I'm very much against, but his overall message was that of LOVE and COMPASSION.

How can anyone not agree with that message?

The problem I see with Christianity and especially fundamentalist Christianity today is that they are more focused on things like Gay Marriage and trying to put god back in public schools then actually going out there and doing what they're SUPPOSED to be doing.

So what are Christians supposed to be doing? Helping others, feeding the hungry, showing that you TRULY care for your fellow human being.

Jesus said that as Christians, you are the salt of the earth and light to the world.....

I may no longer believe in God or that Jesus was the son of god, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in his message.....because I do.

I would STOP being so harsh on Christianity if it simply did what it's SUPPOSED to be doing.

Stop the attacks on your gay brothers and accept them for who they are, work together to make this country better, and live the life the Jesus wanted....to love others (even your enemies) and to show compassion to those that need it the most.

ajcorleone
10-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Alex you can believe whatever you want fella. Like I said you show me a post where i said I believe in god and I will eat crow.Obviously you cannot so all you can do is assume. You post all your thoughts here so folks can make the assumption because you shout it out here.And I agree 100% on one of your stances and that is not accepting the gay community as equal. That is a subject that hits close to home with a dear relative of mine.But again I CHALLENGE YOU to show me where I said I believe in god.Not by defending something I might agree with but the actual quote. A simple I was wrong on this one AJ would be the gentleman thing to do.

And I see this Keene college thing is not in the news just like the Mike Brown autopsy.The media is as corrupt as politicians.
^AJ, give me a break man....now you're implying that you DON'T believe in god? You really think I'm going to believe that?

@Beachbum, despite being an Evangelical Christian, believe it or not, I was always more on the liberal side.....and the reason for that is because for the majority of my childhood and teen years my family was poor, and I had a deep empathy with others because I knew how it felt.

But not only that.....Jesus is the biggest SOCIALIST I have ever read about, and you know what? I like Jesus a lot.

Jesus constantly preached AGAINST being rich, he was AGAINST the establishment, and he literally did everything possible to help the poor, the sick, the needy, the abandoned, the unfortunate, etc.

Even now as an atheist I still like Jesus a lot, I don't think he was perfect and he did say various things I'm very much against, but his overall message was that of LOVE and COMPASSION.

How can anyone not agree with that message?

The problem I see with Christianity and especially fundamentalist Christianity today is that they are more focused on things like Gay Marriage and trying to put god back in public schools then actually going out there and doing what they're SUPPOSED to be doing.

So what are Christians supposed to be doing? Helping others, feeding the hungry, showing that you TRULY care for your fellow human being.

Jesus said that as Christians, you are the salt of the earth and light to the world.....

I may no longer believe in God or that Jesus was the son of god, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in his message.....because I do.

I would STOP being so harsh on Christianity if it simply did what it's SUPPOSED to be doing.

Stop the attacks on your gay brothers and accept them for who they are, work together to make this country better, and live the life the Jesus wanted....to love others (even your enemies) and to show compassion to those that need it the most.

JustAlex
10-24-2014, 09:09 PM
AJ, are you then saying that you're an atheist?

Because I don't believe that for one second.

beachbum
10-24-2014, 10:13 PM
despite being an Evangelical Christian, believe it or not, I was always more on the liberal side.....and the reason for that is because for the majority of my childhood and teen years my family was poor, and I had a deep empathy with others because I knew how it felt.

Of course I can believe this, it is probably part of the precedent that established where you are now and what you believe in.

I think as a whole Christians do this better and in more quantity than any other organized group of philanthropists. Of course there are the mega rich that can write one check and cover alot of ground at once like Zuckerburg (sp?) just spent $25M for research on ebola, that takes the general evangelical community some time to match although I don't have hard core stats at this time to really know by how much. Who would you compare the Christian groups to in terms of the amount of help they provide the homeless in the USA, feeding hungry kids, shelters, sending money abroad to help foreigners, etc.? Does Europe match up? Asia? What about other religious groups like Hinduism, Judaism, Islam???? The Christians of the world do more to help the sick, poor, needy, indigent, etc. and I don't think it is by chance, I think it is a direct result of their responsibility from the scriptures.

I don't think it is fair to accuse Christians of this and even if you say you don't, it would seem that is where most of your criticism is directed. Nowhere in scripture does it say to hate anyone, this obviously includes the LGBT community, but it also doesn't mean condone it if the Believer knows it to be wrong. LGBT people deserve respect and love and understanding, but it is not the responsibility of the Believer to morph his/her beliefs to fit this culture. When it comes to marriage specifically, I think, and this is just my opinion, that heteros don't know why marriage in its natural form has to be widened for the LGBT community. The only real reason I've heard from LGBT for wanting marriage is because it was exclusionary, thats it! They were already able to get all of the social and economic benefits from the government through civil unions but it just wasn't good enough, they had to have marriage too; just because. "Because" never really worked as a real answer for my mama and it doesn't work real good for me either.

I would add that if you don't believe that the culture in whole embraces equality, it can't be solely due to christians not believing in it. Someone else wrote in a thread recently that you can't legislate morality....I take this to mean that it impossible for lawmakers to force citizens to automatically change their hearts and minds just because they say so.

ajcorleone
10-25-2014, 10:26 AM
I did say that all I ask is that you don't assume. I don't consider myself an Atheist. Like I said so many time I knew of Atheism but was not exposed to it so much until I started following the P and R. Then POOF you guys are everywhere.SO I will take that as I was right that you know I never made the statement " I believe in God". Thank you Alex even though I expected a more adult response like " Your right i did assume that". You know being the intelligent and intellectual person you are. And that was a compliment not a poke.

ajcorleone
10-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I could be wrong because I am know religious expert but I believe the Muslim religion is against gays also. They are not Chrisitian are they??
Of course I can believe this, it is probably part of the precedent that established where you are now and what you believe in.

I think as a whole Christians do this better and in more quantity than any other organized group of philanthropists. Of course there are the mega rich that can write one check and cover alot of ground at once like Zuckerburg (sp?) just spent $25M for research on ebola, that takes the general evangelical community some time to match although I don't have hard core stats at this time to really know by how much. Who would you compare the Christian groups to in terms of the amount of help they provide the homeless in the USA, feeding hungry kids, shelters, sending money abroad to help foreigners, etc.? Does Europe match up? Asia? What about other religious groups like Hinduism, Judaism, Islam???? The Christians of the world do more to help the sick, poor, needy, indigent, etc. and I don't think it is by chance, I think it is a direct result of their responsibility from the scriptures.

I don't think it is fair to accuse Christians of this and even if you say you don't, it would seem that is where most of your criticism is directed. Nowhere in scripture does it say to hate anyone, this obviously includes the LGBT community, but it also doesn't mean condone it if the Believer knows it to be wrong. LGBT people deserve respect and love and understanding, but it is not the responsibility of the Believer to morph his/her beliefs to fit this culture. When it comes to marriage specifically, I think, and this is just my opinion, that heteros don't know why marriage in its natural form has to be widened for the LGBT community. The only real reason I've heard from LGBT for wanting marriage is because it was exclusionary, thats it! They were already able to get all of the social and economic benefits from the government through civil unions but it just wasn't good enough, they had to have marriage too; just because. "Because" never really worked as a real answer for my mama and it doesn't work real good for me either.

I would add that if you don't believe that the culture in whole embraces equality, it can't be solely due to christians not believing in it. Someone else wrote in a thread recently that you can't legislate morality....I take this to mean that it impossible for lawmakers to force citizens to automatically change their hearts and minds just because they say so.

beachbum
10-25-2014, 10:57 AM
I could be wrong because I am know religious expert but I believe the Muslim religion is against gays also. They are not Chrisitian are they??

No they are no sect or branch of Christianity. Islam, I believe because I am no scholar per se either, originates from their prophet Mohammed which is a descendent of Ishmael, Abraham's son born from the slavegirl Hagar.

shrewsbury
10-25-2014, 11:52 AM
No they are no sect or branch of Christianity. Islam, I believe because I am no scholar per se either, originates from their prophet Mohammed which is a descendent of Ishmael, Abraham's son born from the slavegirl Hagar.

correct, so they are more jewish than christian.

but the difference is, a gay in a christian country may have some issues, a gay in a muslim country is in prison or dead.
another difference would be christians do not have religious police, muslims do.

gsj68
10-25-2014, 01:53 PM
this is one of the stories that gets me in trouble,so god says not only can abraham have a slave girl but he can rape her and when his wife gets prego he can kick slave girl and child out to the desert? and then he tells him to kill his child?
wrong mushroom,you ate the wrong mushroom,man

gsj68
10-25-2014, 02:02 PM
correct, so they are more jewish than christian.

but the difference is, a gay in a christian country may have some issues, a gay in a muslim country is in prison or dead.
another difference would be christians do not have religious police, muslims do.
islam is just christianity circa 1500,i lived in northern georgia,im not gay,im not a christian,i had more then a issue,they where down right evil to a 10 year old

beachbum
10-25-2014, 02:24 PM
this is one of the stories that gets me in trouble,so god says not only can abraham have a slave girl but he can rape her and when his wife gets prego he can kick slave girl and child out to the desert? and then he tells him to kill his child?
wrong mushroom,you ate the wrong mushroom,man

1. Try getting some context on slaves at that time
2. Read Genesis, he did not rape Hagar, his wife asked him to impregnate her so THEY could have a child
3. Sarah gets jealous of Hagar and makes Abraham banish her (after Isaac is born)
4. Killing Isaac wasn't killing, he was asked to make a sacrifice, get some context on this instead of your 21st century bias, besides it was arguably one of the hardest tests of faith in the Bible.

BTW, Isaac wasn't sacrificed, a lamb miraculously showed up after Abraham passed the test.

gsj68
10-25-2014, 02:31 PM
1. Try getting some context on slaves at that time
2. Read Genesis, he did not rape Hagar, his wife asked him to impregnate her so SHE could have a child
3. Sarah gets jealous of Hagar and makes Abraham banish her (after Isaac is born)
4. Killing Isaac wasn't killing, he was asked to make a sacrifice, get some context on this instead of your 21st century bias, besides it was arguably one of the hardest tests of faith in the Bible.

BTW, Isaac wasn't sacrificed, a lamb miraculously showed up after Abraham passed the test.
like i said,you eat those little orange mushrooms and this type of stuff happens

beachbum
10-25-2014, 02:36 PM
like i said,you eat those little orange mushrooms and this type of stuff happens

If all you've got is accusing me of doing hallucinogens, than that is pretty weak.

gsj68
10-25-2014, 03:06 PM
If all you've got is accusing me of doing hallucinogens, than that is pretty weak.
not you but it sure looks like abraham,muhammad,moses might of

now you as a christian wouldnt doubt the word of an descendant of aaron would you? because according to ancient text thats who i am

duane1969
10-26-2014, 08:10 PM

Wait, wait, wait...is the guy who only hates Christians and uses that singular hatred to call himself an atheist actually going to place himself in the position of judging if others are true atheist or not??? LOL that is priceless. :pound:

ajcorleone
10-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Yes he is a pip
Wait, wait, wait...is the guy who only hates Christians and uses that singular hatred to call himself an atheist actually going to place himself in the position of judging if others are true atheist or not??? LOL that is priceless. :pound:

sanfran22
10-27-2014, 05:05 PM

I am so sick of this misrepresentation. I think you need to go back and reread some of Jesus' teachings. He was not a socialist. He wanted man to watch out for his neighbor, not for gov't to come and take what someone had and distribute it as the wanted. Did you not read of the parable of the rich man and the coin?
Please stop with this nonsense. I don't care what you call yourself, just stop with the nonsense. If you don't believe it, fine, but your constant misrepresenting is getting tired.

ajcorleone
10-28-2014, 05:30 AM
Sanfran don't worry once Alex is called out as a fraud on a thread he moves to another and dos not comeback to the focul point. But you are correct he misrepresents but you cannot tell him that because in his world his crusade is all that counts.
I am so sick of this misrepresentation. I think you need to go back and reread some of Jesus' teachings. He was not a socialist. He wanted man to watch out for his neighbor, not for gov't to come and take what someone had and distribute it as the wanted. Did you not read of the parable of the rich man and the coin?
Please stop with this nonsense. I don't care what you call yourself, just stop with the nonsense. If you don't believe it, fine, but your constant misrepresenting is getting tired.

JustAlex
10-28-2014, 06:25 AM
Oh yes, I hate Christians SOOO much...

Never mind the following two facts:

#1 I attack Fundamentalist Christianity (Not all Christians are fundamentalists) and I'm usually specific in my attacks, such as their anti-gay stance, their denial of science, and their continuing imposition of their nonsensical beliefs.

For the most part I DO NOT have much beef with moderate or liberal Christianity....in fact I made a thread some months ago complementing a Christian organization for going after far right individuals like Palin, saying that Palin makes Christians look bad.

#2 I don't like playing the "some of my friends are X" card, but when it comes to Christianity, it's not just some....it's ALL OF THEM.

All of my family is Christian, I'm the only one that isn't, and every single friend I have (outside the Internet) believes in god and calls himself/herself Christian.

Saying I hate Christians is utterly stupid.

As for "judging".... I'm NOT judging at all, Aj once told me he believed in god on this forum but I don't remember the thread he did it....but I remember that very well.

And besides, if I'm wrong, then why doesn't he simply say so?

Why doesn't he say, "Alex, you're wrong, I don't believe in god".

If he said that, then I'll take his word on it.

There's no such thing as a "true atheist" or a fake atheist or whatever.

If you don't believe in god, then you're an atheist, simple as that.

After that, you can believe whatever you like.

ajcorleone
10-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Alex since you cannot remember so well let me bring it to light. Since YOU were so sure of yourself why should I have to say anything. In our conversation I NEVER said I believed in god. YOU should have remembered the conversation since YOU are a man of logic and reason so you claim. I can tell you when the conversation took place you answered my questions about trading (which you do not do here) and I answered your questions about my belief. So now that you look foolish and people are on to you I find that more satisfying. You have great insight but your hatred for certain things blinds your thought process. So I will not say anything I never said I believed in god just admit you were wrong FOR ONCE and then we can move on. But note your colors are showing and it is the same old story might want to switch it up and get some fans back.
Oh yes, I hate Christians SOOO much...

Never mind the following two facts:

#1 I attack Fundamentalist Christianity (Not all Christians are fundamentalists) and I'm usually specific in my attacks, such as their anti-gay stance, their denial of science, and their continuing imposition of their nonsensical beliefs.

For the most part I DO NOT have much beef with moderate or liberal Christianity....in fact I made a thread some months ago complementing a Christian organization for going after far right individuals like Palin, saying that Palin makes Christians look bad.

#2 I don't like playing the "some of my friends are X" card, but when it comes to Christianity, it's not just some....it's ALL OF THEM.

All of my family is Christian, I'm the only one that isn't, and every single friend I have (outside the Internet) believes in god and calls himself/herself Christian.

Saying I hate Christians is utterly stupid.

As for "judging".... I'm NOT judging at all, Aj once told me he believed in god on this forum but I don't remember the thread he did it....but I remember that very well.

And besides, if I'm wrong, then why doesn't he simply say so?

Why doesn't he say, "Alex, you're wrong, I don't believe in god".

If he said that, then I'll take his word on it.

There's no such thing as a "true atheist" or a fake atheist or whatever.

If you don't believe in god, then you're an atheist, simple as that.

After that, you can believe whatever you like.

jlzinck
10-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Must be something in the water in South Florida.

GroundSupport
10-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Has to be....

beachbum
10-28-2014, 02:07 PM

After going round robin with Imac, I would agree.

Up north, we get our clean water from the Florida aquifer, which basically serves all the way to Tampa, I think they drink sea water below that. (for all you science freaks...this is not scientific) ;)

JustAlex
10-28-2014, 06:07 PM
@Aj, I DO remember our conversation, I was frustrated with you (which seems to be the norm) because you were constantly hounding be about coming to this forum and not trading or doing other sports cards related things.

So I told you that I would answer any question you'd like if you answered one of my questions.

And my question was "why do you believe in god"?

At that point you admitted that you believed in god.

What I don't remember is the thread where this conversation took place since it was many months ago.

But regardless of that, You said in this thread that you are not afraid to say your beliefs....then tell me....do you believe in god or not?

So much substance in this post, you can tell the writer is very interested in discussion and isn't just throwing around meaningless words.

beachbum
10-28-2014, 06:46 PM
So much substance in this post, you can tell the writer is very interested in discussion and isn't just throwing around meaningless words.

It's just a joke Alex, you can joke around, right?

ajcorleone
10-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Alex if you remember the conversation then obviously you are lying here. I NEVER said I believed in god so when you post that I do you are lying. Now you can be a man and admit your wrong (for once). I am not saying anything because I answered this question which you fully admit here. You just changed my answer, I told you my belief so why should I say it again why you got it wrong then and will get it wrong now. Now this has gone off topic enough which is what you do mostly when you start a thread there is always a hidden agenda and it always works so Bravo son. Now we will see what kind of person you are if you can admit when your wrong which I know you won't but I have said what I need too. You credibility shrinks with every post you make and that is just fine.
@Aj, I DO remember our conversation, I was frustrated with you (which seems to be the norm) because you were constantly hounding be about coming to this forum and not trading or doing other sports cards related things.

So I told you that I would answer any question you'd like if you answered one of my questions.

And my question was "why do you believe in god"?

At that point you admitted that you believed in god.

What I don't remember is the thread where this conversation took place since it was many months ago.

But regardless of that, You said in this thread that you are not afraid to say your beliefs....then tell me....do you believe in god or not?

JustAlex
10-29-2014, 03:22 AM
Ok, this has officially become a mission for me.

I don't know how long it will take me, but I WILL find that thread and show you and everyone else who is the real liar.

Pray I don't find it Aj, because if I do I will happily gloat to an excessive level.

ajcorleone
10-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Why pray?? Alex go outside and enjoy some fresh air. There has to be something in life you enjoy besides these boards. NBA is back the Heat should compete so there you go. Besides don't act like an old thread cannot be edited. But you go ahead and waste your time which proves NOTHING. I see you cannot not be a man and own up to something and that is fine. AT least logic and reason are gone now.
Ok, this has officially become a mission for me.

I don't know how long it will take me, but I WILL find that thread and show you and everyone else who is the real liar.

Pray I don't find it Aj, because if I do I will happily gloat to an excessive level.

ajcorleone
10-29-2014, 05:56 AM
See this is all I was looking for.Here was a nice,honest pm you sent me 6/9/13.Then you could admit that sometimes you do not discuss in a logical or reasonable manner. Bottom line Alex is you do not want to be labeled so don't label me or others.

Politics and Religion

AJ, I'm not going to respond to the thread because I think that would only fuel more and more unnecessary personal chatter that has nothing to do with real politics or religion.

I have constantly told you why I do what I do, but despite my numerous explanations you keep asking the same question, you keep making these insipid points as if it actually helps your argument out.

Do you see why I called you a "detractor".

Because you do this type of stuff far too much.....instead of discussing the points being made in the threads you like to call me out because I don't participate in other areas of this website.

Just let it go, I use this site solely for politics and religion discussion, nothing more, you're not going to see me in other areas of the website, I'm sorry that you don't like that, but I have the choice to do that, nothing in SCF says that I must contribute to the sports forums.

Do you know that the story I posted in that thread was really true?

I had a fight with a friend of mine (who is christian) and I told him something I shouldn't have, at that point I realized that sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me, and even though I don't think I've ever done something as bad in this website, I realize that I don't always discuss in a logical and/or reasonable matter.

That is unacceptable to me and I came back because I know that I can do better and I can really discuss these difficult topics by my creed of logic and reason.

You know AJ, even if we constantly disagree on basically everything I don't hate you or anyone else on this site, I simply come here as a way to let my opinions be known, but to challenge the reader as well.

I hope this answer is sufficient to answer your question.

-Alex.

jlzinck
10-29-2014, 09:45 AM

Says the guy who started the "Fire in the Theatre" thread. I did post my comments earlier before this turned into a girl fight with hair pulling and all.

*censored*
10-29-2014, 10:47 AM
girl fight with hair pulling and all.

Misogynist!!!

JustAlex
10-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Aj, you called me a LIAR and a FRAUD on this thread, you constantly get my position wrong, and now you want me to let this go and to admit to something that isn't so...

Do you see how I might not be inclined to do that?

You know what I always found to be ridiculous, trying to argue with reason against the unreasonable, such as religion and theistic principles.

And that's what unfortunately occurs here almost on a daily basis.

Aj, if you want me to drop this, I'll do so if you retract your slanderous comments on me.

If not, I can personally guarantee you that I WILL find that thread and post what it has to say.

I'll show you and the rest that I'm not lying, I have no reason to lie.

OR you could just give us your beliefs in god as to whether or not you believe in him.

ajcorleone
10-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Good try with the bait but not going to work. You did start this thread correct? How did it become about religion? I thought it was about the media and how they don't do their job. Or how these college incidents don't get the media coverage others do. HOW DID IT BECOME ABOUT RELIGION ALEX??? You want me to retract calling you a fraud fine then answer me that question. Why does EVERY thread you post on always come back to religion. Maybe I am missing something and if I am I will admit it.
Aj, you called me a LIAR and a FRAUD on this thread, you constantly get my position wrong, and now you want me to let this go and to admit to something that isn't so...

Do you see how I might not be inclined to do that?

You know what I always found to be ridiculous, trying to argue with reason against the unreasonable, such as religion and theistic principles.

And that's what unfortunately occurs here almost on a daily basis.

Aj, if you want me to drop this, I'll do so if you retract your slanderous comments on me.

If not, I can personally guarantee you that I WILL find that thread and post what it has to say.

I'll show you and the rest that I'm not lying, I have no reason to lie.

OR you could just give us your beliefs in god as to whether or not you believe in him.

ajcorleone
10-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Hey I don't pull hair I just slap LOL
Says the guy who started the "Fire in the Theatre" thread. I did post my comments earlier before this turned into a girl fight with hair pulling and all.

gsj68
10-29-2014, 06:55 PM
well,so much for private message's being private

beachbum
10-29-2014, 07:15 PM

I gotta give that one to ya! That's classic.

ajcorleone
10-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Well when you have to defend every word you say it is gloves off.Especially when someone contradicts every word they say. Sorry but not going to be a sitting duck

shrewsbury
10-30-2014, 10:59 AM
thread is going no where