PDA

View Full Version : New York cop in serious condition after hatchet attack

gsj68
10-24-2014, 04:52 PM
"Washington (AFP) - A rookie New York police officer remained in hospital in a serious condition on Friday after being attacked by a man with a hatchet who was then shot dead by officers.
Police are investigating the motive but New York state governor Andrew Cuomo said he had no definitive information on suggestions that the attack Thursday was terror-related.

"There is nothing we know of at this time that would indicate that were the case," police commissioner Bill Bratton said.
He acknowledged that terror concerns were heightened after two deadly attacks in Canada this week.
The 25-year-old New York police officer, who was patrolling on foot in the city's borough of Queens with three other rookie officers, was seriously injured in the back of his head.
Another officer was hit in the arm. The other officers shot and killed the attacker, according to Bratton.

US media identified the attacker as Zale Thompson, 32. The New York Post reported that he had recently converted to Islam.
The SITE monitoring group said that he displayed "extremist leanings" in an array of statements on YouTube and Facebook.
SITE, which monitors radical Muslim groups, said Thompson described "jihad as a justifiable response to the oppression of the 'Zionists and the Crusaders'" in a comment posted to a pro-Islamic State video on September 13, 2014."
http://news.yahoo.com/man-islamic-extremist-leanings-attacks-ny-police-083342808.html

duane1969
10-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Wait. There is nothing at this time to indicate that it was a terror related attack?

So a guy who recently converted to Islam and posted on Facebook and YouTube about jihad carried out an unprovoked attack on police shortly after it came to light that threats towards law enforcement officers have been received from Islamic sources...and there is nothing to indicate that the attack was terror related...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/07/23/Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg

shrewsbury
10-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I heard this on the radio, I bet the two cops who shot him were racist or muslim haters

duane1969
10-24-2014, 05:02 PM
I heard this on the radio, I bet the two cops who shot him were racist or muslim haters

Close! They were both. Just ask the liberal media that is now afraid to even call a Muslim terrorist a terrorist.

gsj68
10-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Close! They were both. Just ask the liberal media that is now afraid to even call a Muslim terrorist a terrorist.
but,but,its their culture it must be honored or your an evil white man

duane1969
10-24-2014, 05:53 PM
but,but,its their culture it must be honored or your an evil white man

Dang it! You got me.

pwaldo
10-24-2014, 06:58 PM
A hatchet attack on New York police officers was a "terrorist act" carried out by a self-radicalized Muslim convert who had been in the military and browsed Al-Qaeda websites, police said Friday.

"This was a terrorist act," police commissioner Bill Bratton told a news conference on Friday, one day after the attack, saying he was "very comfortable" describing it as a "terrorist attack."

Police said Zale Thompson, who was 32, unmarried and unemployed, appeared to have acted alone and was not affiliated to a particular group, but that the investigation was ongoing.

A loner who spent hours locked away in his bedroom, he had looked at websites about groups such as Al-Qaeda and Islamic State, and watched beheadings and Wednesday's deadly attack in Canada.

Looks like they updated the story

JustAlex
10-24-2014, 07:38 PM
But when we had those Two crazy white-supremacist, tea party, christian couple kill those cops at CiCi's Pizza some months ago....they wouldn't DARE call that a terroristic act.

Despite the fact that it fit all the criteria of a terroristic act.

Gotta love the DOUBLE STANDARD!

ajcorleone
10-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Agreed that is also a terrorist act. But I take it since it was against cops you did not thread about it. Many acts of violence can be considered a terrorist attack. It is not just limited too the acts against country. And it is ironic how you would complain about a double standard.
But when we had those Two crazy white-supremacist, tea party, christian couple kill those cops at CiCi's Pizza some months ago....they wouldn't DARE call that a terroristic act.

ajcorleone
10-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Of course lost in the religious banter I do hope the officer has a speedy and healthy recovery. I mean even our cop haters do not want to see this officer suffer. Because that would go against their so called human nature side. AND THAT IS ALSO IRONIC. And this is the instance where a cop doing his job upholding the law suffered a tragic incident. Not talking about a cop who abuses the badge and his authority. So I covered it all to avoid double talk and as Constanza would say "skeet skat bopping" all over the place.

duane1969
10-26-2014, 08:06 PM

Not sure why, but your constant attempts to ignore the discussion to rant about some double standard is getting pretty old. The Millers were labeled domestic terrorist.

The more funny part is how the idiot lib media went on a blame-spree trying to somehow tie the Miller's acts to FoxNews and conservative politicians. Since the libs all love Muslims to the point they won't even use the term "Muslim extremists" anymore for fear of hurting their feelings I guess we can now tie all acts of Muslim terrorism to Democrats and MSNBC.

ajcorleone
10-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Thank you Duane I am glad somebody else has caught on to the Alex soapbox. There is a guy who always wants answers to questions but can never answer one himself. Anyways I will say it again Alex is the king of double standards and I guess you cannot answer my posts.
Not sure why, but your constant attempts to ignore the discussion to rant about some double standard is getting pretty old. The Millers were labeled domestic terrorist.

The more funny part is how the idiot lib media went on a blame-spree trying to somehow tie the Miller's acts to FoxNews and conservative politicians. Since the libs all love Muslims to the point they won't even use the term "Muslim extremists" anymore for fear of hurting their feelings I guess we can now tie all acts of Muslim terrorism to Democrats and MSNBC.

pwaldo
10-27-2014, 07:31 PM

That was work place violence.....

pwaldo
10-31-2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816245/Man-swings-ax-DC-officer-unprovoked-attack.html

An ax-wielding man is on the loose following an unprovoked attack on a Washington, D.C. cop just days after a rookie NYPD officer was hacked by a radical Muslim convert while on patrol.

The officer was sitting in a marked police car when the suspect shattered the driver's side window at 3.20am on Friday morning.

Following the ambush, the officer chased the subject and tackled him to the floor, but the suspect was able to escape.

Officials in the District of Colombia stressed there was no evidence linking the two attacks, but contacted the New York City police's counter terrorism unit, who have now put their officers on high alert.

The department released an advisory saying uniformed officers saying they should 'remain vigilant' and approach all situations 'tactically'.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/31/1414791405710_Image_galleryImage_image002_png.JPG

So is this going to be the new normal?