PDA

View Full Version : 5 killed by knives and axes in terror attack on synagogue

pwaldo
11-19-2014, 09:57 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2838891/This-cruel-murder-Jews-came-pray-Thousands-gather-grief-four-rabbis-massacred-fanatics-Jerusalem-synagogue-axe-attack-laid-rest.html#comments

Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed revenge on the Palestinians responsible for the attack on the Jerusalem synagogue, pledging to demolish the homes of the men involved.

Speaking just hours after the attack, which claimed the lives of five people, he said he would 'settle the score with every terrorist', claiming those who wanted to force the Israeli people out of Jerusalem would not succeed.

He said: 'We are in a battle over Jerusalem, our eternal capital.'

Addressing the nation, Mr Nethanyahu said: 'We are at the height of an ongoing terror attack focused on Jerusalem.

'This evening, I ordered the destruction of the houses of the Palestinians who carried out this massacre and to speed up the demolition of those who carried out previous attack.'

He said: 'Citizens of Israel, I call on you to demonstrate great vigilance and to respect the law because the state will bring to justice all the terrorists and those who dispatch them.

'It is forbidden for anyone to take the law into their own hands, even if tempers are high and even if you're burning with anger."

He linked the attack to inflammatory statements about the flashpoint Al-Aqsa mosque compound made by the Palestinian Authority, the Islamist Hamas movement and Israel's Islamic Movement, a religious advocacy group.

Known to Jews as the Temple Mount, the mosque compound is sacred to both faiths and one of the most sensitive sites in the Middle East.

'Hamas, the Islamic Movement and the Palestinian Authority are spreading no end of libels... against the state of Israel.

'They say that the Jews are defiling the Temple Mount, they say that we are planning to destroy the holy places there, that we are intending to change the prayer rites there.

'It's all a lie. And these lies have already cost a very high price..

'Today more victims were added to their number due to this crazy blood libel.'

Cabinet Minister Yaakov Peri, former director of the Shin Bet internal security agency admitted that these types of attacks were incredibly difficult to defend against.

He said: 'There is no solution in the world of intelligence to the problem of a lone wolf who decides in the morning to launch an attack in the afternoon.'

Several hours after the attack, several hundred Jewish youths held a demonstration in Jerusalem where they blocked traffic and chanted 'death to Arabs'.

Police confirmed that at least ten people were arrested at the scene.

Also, there were reports of clashes outside the home of Oday Abu Jamal, one of the cousins named as a killer.

Police waiting outside the house were bombarded with rocks and stones. Police resonded with tear gas and stun grenades before arrested 14 members of Abu Jamal's family.

beachbum
11-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Did you hear that the Israeli government was going to ease up on select people being able to carry firearms as a result of this? I don't think it would be anything near what the U.S. does but I guess they were talking about any off duty military, police, private security, etc. would be able to carry loaded firearms at all times...kind of crazy to think that these individuals couldn't do it before if they were professionals.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 11:35 AM
I wonder what message the families and all the neighbours surrounding these homes being destroyed hear? Do they hear; "We better behave."? Or do they hear; "We must stay strong in the fight against our perceived oppressors."?

For every person discouraged from engaging in a terrorist act, how many people are inspired to do just that? Imagine the mindset of a 10-12 year old sibling of these cousins. That bulldozer just created an enemy for life.

It's no wonder people have a hard time supporting Israel.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I wonder what message the families and all the neighbours surrounding these homes being destroyed hear? Do they hear; "We better behave."? Or do they hear; "We must stay strong in the fight against our perceived oppressors."?

For every person discouraged from engaging in a terrorist act, how many people are inspired to do just that? Imagine the mindset of a 10-12 year old sibling of these cousins. That bulldozer just created an enemy for life.

Yep, on par with all the other Liberals. You're just as predictable as Alex.

Israel is the country being attacked. Yet liberals seem to only blame them.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 12:16 PM

Yep, on par with all the other conservatives. How about commenting on my comment rather than attacking us "liberals" again?

I didn't say or imply no one supports Israel. I said they have a hard time doing it. Specifically for the over-reaction that always happens. Want to discuss the merits of the over-reaction or just predictably attack the messenger?

deansayso
11-20-2014, 12:19 PM

I'd go with "We must stay strong in the fight"

It doesn't matter who started what as long as it doesn't end it will never end. If that makes sense.

sanfran22
11-20-2014, 12:29 PM

Kinda what I thought as well. The Palestinians have no claim to that land anymore. They got their you know whats kicked and are complaining about it. The Arabs will get Jerusalem in the end, but only for a short time.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Yep, on par with all the other conservatives. How about commenting on my comment rather than attacking us "liberals" again?

I didn't say or imply no one supports Israel. I said they have a hard time doing it. Specifically for the over-reaction that always happens. Want to discuss the merits of the over-reaction or just predictably attack the messenger?

Over reaction?

Over 2,500 missiles have been shot at israel from Gaza since 2012. Gaza has been digging tunnels into Israel and killing innocent people.

But, hey they better not over react.

It's like if the US shot 2,500 missiles at Canada from schools and churches in the last 2 years, dig tunnels into Canada so they get kidnap and kill innocent teenagers, yet Canada gets all the blame because they're overreacting to the situation.

You can't make the stupidity of people on the left up if you wanted to.

duane1969
11-20-2014, 01:46 PM

So unarmed people are murdered in their church and your response is to blame the victims because of bulldozers?

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Over reaction?

Over 2,500 missiles have been shot at israel from Gaza since 2012. Gaza has been digging tunnels into Israel and killing innocent people.

But, hey they better not over react.

It's like if the US shot 2,500 missiles at Canada from schools and churches in the last 2 years, dig tunnels into Canada so they get kidnap and kill innocent teenagers, yet Canada gets all the blame because they're overreacting to the situation.

You can't make the stupidity of people on the left up if you wanted to.

How would you react if your enemy surrounded you and enforced a blockade for years?

How many deaths from those 2,500 missiles?

How many dead Palestinians from the reprisals?

Quite convenient that you can present YOUR side of the story and ignore the rest.

I wasn't talking about the most recent bombardment of Palestinians, but yes that was a massive over reaction too.

The only stupidity evident is the refusal to look at the whole picture.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 01:56 PM
So unarmed people are murdered in their church and your response is to blame the victims because of bulldozers?

I didn't blame the victims. I am questioning the "deterrent" that has never worked and never will. Nice try though.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 01:57 PM
How would you react if your enemy surrounded you and enforced a blockade for years?

How many deaths from those 2,500 missiles?

How many dead Palestinians from the reprisals?

Quite convenient that you can present YOUR side of the story and ignore the rest.

I wasn't talking about the most recent bombardment of Palestinians, but yes that was a massive over reaction too.

The only stupidity evident is the refusal to look at the whole picture.

Problem is simple.

Stop shooting the misslies into other countries.

Problem solved.

Amazing how that works.

And if you have a land dispute, bring it up to the UN.

beachbum
11-20-2014, 01:58 PM

Guess where the money came from that built those tunnels? The money that was used to build those tunnels was intended for schools, libraries, infrastructure in the West Bank and Gaza...guess if that got done or not?

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Guess where the money came from that built those tunnels? The money that was used to build those tunnels was intended for schools, libraries, infrastructure in the West Bank and Gaza...guess if that got done or not?

Hey, Israel is the problem, not these terrorists. Right Habs?

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Hey, Israel is the problem, not these terrorists. Right Habs?

Yes, you are right. They are a BIG part of the problem.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 02:29 PM
The pro-muslim, anti-semetic liberals.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 02:38 PM
The pro-muslim, anti-semetic liberals.

Yes, you will find the liberal philosophy flourishes in the Muslim world. SMH

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Yes, you will find the liberal philosophy flourishes in the Muslim world. SMH

I see you didn't disagree with the second part.

Star_Cards
11-20-2014, 03:20 PM
It doesn't matter who started what as long as it doesn't end it will never end. If that makes sense.

It makes total sense to me. Sad, but that's how things usually work.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 03:27 PM
I see you didn't disagree with the second part.

I focused on the most outlandish part of the post. I am sure there are anti-semetic liberals just as I am certain there are anti -semetic conservatives. Where's your point?

duane1969
11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
The irony in all of this is if Israel would just declare themselves an Islamic state they could carry out a jihad against Palestine and literally massacre every Palestinian man, woman and child and liberals would support them doing it for fear of offending some Muslim.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 03:34 PM
The irony in all of this is if Israel would just declare themselves an Islamic state they could carry out a jihad against Palestine and literally massacre every Palestinian man, woman and child and liberals would support them doing it for fear of offending some Muslim.

lol very true!

Star_Cards
11-20-2014, 03:40 PM

Come on Duane, this is a post I'd expect from a few others... not you.

duane1969
11-20-2014, 03:44 PM

Is it not true? For the most part liberals are condoning or turning a blind eye to virtually everything that Muslim extremist do. Excuses are being made for ISIS by saying they aren't actually Muslims (never mind the point of the first I in their name). Mainstream TV ignores the honor killings by "good Muslims" that happen all the time in non-Muslim countries. I truly believe that if Israel were to declare themselves a Muslim state and went jihad on Palestine that the bulk of liberals would not speak out against it.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 03:45 PM

He can't help himself. He, like the others, think that any criticism on Christians or Jews make the person pro-Muslim.

Newsflash, they are ALL equally nuts when it comes to religious beliefs. Restricting gays or restricting women. It's all equally deplorable for a liberal.

duane1969
11-20-2014, 03:49 PM
He can't help himself. He, like the others, think that any criticism on Christians or Jews make the person pro-Muslim.

Newsflash, they are ALL equally nuts when it comes to religious beliefs. Restricting gays or restricting women. It's all equally deplorable for a liberal.

So Jews disagreeing with gay marriage is the same as Muslims stoning their wives to death for showing their face...I can't believe you just tried to equate the outright murder and subjugation of women on a daily basis with a gay couple not being able to get married.

Nevermind that you totally missed that Muslims openly and regularly kill gays for being gay. Muslims are more oppressive of women AND gays than any other group in the world, bar none.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 03:57 PM
So Jews disagreeing with gay marriage is the same as Muslims stoning their wives to death for showing their face...I can't believe you just tried to equate the outright murder and subjugation of women on a daily basis with a gay couple not being able to get married.

Nevermind that you totally missed that Muslims openly and regularly kill gays for being gay. Muslims are more oppressive of women AND gays than any other group in the world, bar none.

I didn't try to equate that! Can't you read? Never said anything about punishments handed out for breaking those restrictions. Don't get ahead of yourself. And for the record, Christians KILL gays too.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:02 PM
I didn't try to equate that! Can't you read? Never said anything about punishments handed out for breaking those restrictions. Don't get ahead of yourself. And for the record, Christians KILL gays too.

Please elaborate.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Please elaborate.

Was it too complicated for you?

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Was it too complicated for you?

Obviously elaborating on your statement it too complicated for you.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Obviously elaborating on your statement it too complicated for you.

When you have something useful to say, please join us in the conversation.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:16 PM
So you can't elaborate on your statement on Christians killing gays.

Gotcha.

I knew it was just garbage spewing from your mouth.

ajcorleone
11-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Let's be fair they all kill gays. I agree with some of your arguements but it seems you only get on the Christians. WHY???

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 04:22 PM
So you can't elaborate on your statement on Christians killing gays.

Gotcha.

I knew it was just garbage spewing from your mouth.

The only garbage being spewed is coming from you.

It was a simple straightforward statement. It doesn't require any elaboration. Christians (the Christ believers) have been killing (taking lives) from gays (usually men who are attracted to other men) for centuries, including this one.

Now would you like me to cite EVERY case over the last 100 years?

Are you looking for something to be typed that you can refute?

Please ELABORATE on your request for me to ELABORATE. SMH

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Let's be fair they all kill gays. I agree with some of your arguements but it seems you only get on the Christians. WHY???

Liberals are only pro muslim. They hate Jews and Christians. But call conservatives the racists.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 04:23 PM

Why? I don't see a Muslim or a Jew in the forum arguing their religion to me. When one gets here and starts spouting off about their beliefs I will get on them too. Promise.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:24 PM
The only garbage being spewed is coming from you.

It was a simple straightforward statement. It doesn't require any elaboration. Christians (the Christ believers) have been killing (taking lives) from gays (usually men who are attracted to other men) for centuries, including this one.

Now would you like me to cite EVERY case over the last 100 years?

Are you looking for something to be typed that you can refute?

Please ELABORATE on your request for me to ELABORATE. SMH

So There are Christians that are killings Gays right now in the US, in the name of Christ?

Interesting. Is this some kind of Cult movement? Or is this individual act? Or is this some kind of law that I don't know about?

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Liberals are only pro muslim. They hate Jews and Christians. But call conservatives the racists.

Again. Do you know what a liberal is? Do you know the basic philosophy of most Muslims? Why in the world would you conclude that Liberals are pro Muslim? Start making a little sense. Just a little. I beg of you.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:26 PM
I love the daily "habs getting all pissy pants" over debates with just about everyone on here he doesn't agree with.

It's quite hiliarious. Helps my work day goes by.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Again. Do you know what a liberal is? Do you know the basic philosophy of most Muslims? Why in the world would you conclude that Liberals are pro Muslim? Start making a little sense. Just a little. I beg of you.

I guess you forgot what about Obama's father, what he has done in the middle east, benghazi/anti muslim video blame, llack of the use of the term terrorist, etc. All left/liberal agenda is pro muslim.

This isn't really anything new.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 04:28 PM
So There are Christians that are killings Gays right now in the US, in the name of Christ?

Interesting. Is this some kind of Cult movement? Or is this individual act? Or is this some kind of law that I don't know about?

Yes.

GroundSupport
11-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Yes.

Order by Priests? Bishops?

Or just some crazy nut job?

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Order by Priests? Bishops?

Or just some crazy nut job?

You're asking an atheist this? Priests and Bishops are nut jobs.

Star_Cards
11-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Is it not true? For the most part liberals are condoning or turning a blind eye to virtually everything that Muslim extremist do. Excuses are being made for ISIS by saying they aren't actually Muslims (never mind the point of the first I in their name). Mainstream TV ignores the honor killings by "good Muslims" that happen all the time in non-Muslim countries. I truly believe that if Israel were to declare themselves a Muslim state and went jihad on Palestine that the bulk of liberals would not speak out against it.

well I have issues with lumping people into a set philosophy no matter which way the lean... left or right. I lean liberal and have no excuse for ISIS. I'm not out there reading a ton of articles, but I find it hard to believe that the majority of liberals are pro ISIS or even sympathizing with them. The main stream reports I hear on ISIS are not sympathizing either.

Star_Cards
11-20-2014, 04:50 PM

very well said Habs. The times where I stick up for Muslims, or any religion for that matter, is when another group is trying to keep them from doing their own thing religiously. The main time that comes to mind was the huge issue that people had when a Mosque was going to be built a few blocks from ground zero. Having the opinion that they should be allowed to build where ever they can purchase land and saying that lumping all muslims into the same boat as the ones who attacked the WTC is ridiculous is hardly being pro muslim.

Star_Cards
11-20-2014, 04:53 PM

I'd bet that the majority of liberals in this country are actually christian to some degree or another.

Star_Cards
11-20-2014, 04:59 PM

Most people that are against homosexuality are so because of some religious belief. It's not hard to then make the jump that a christian who kills as gay person could be doing so because of that. Obviously it's not 100%, but if a person kills a homosexual because he thinks what he's doing goes against god I'd think that it would have been done in the name of god. Same thing applies if a muslim killed a homosexual because his religion told him it goes against their laws.

ajcorleone
11-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Call me crazy but I will save this post PROMISE. I have not seen any other religious factions here to argue but if they come along I expect you to be a MAN OF YOUR WORD. But they all kill gays it is a fact look it up.
Why? I don't see a Muslim or a Jew in the forum arguing their religion to me. When one gets here and starts spouting off about their beliefs I will get on them too. Promise.

gsj68
11-20-2014, 05:15 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/5d/16/eb/5d16eb74a7af7db194d53d63fb178f67.jpg

shrewsbury
11-20-2014, 05:26 PM
where is the evidence christians are killing gays in the US. This is crap.

beachbum
11-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Who is trolling over here, is it Habs? This thread isn't about homosexuality is it??

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Call me crazy but I will save this post PROMISE. I have not seen any other religious factions here to argue but if they come along I expect you to be a MAN OF YOUR WORD. But they all kill gays it is a fact look it up.

Tell you what. You can find me on twitter with the same handle. I have argued with Muslims and Jews on there. You may know one of the Jews (Mayim Bialik).
As to the bolded. I'm getting the impression you think I said otherwise? Why else would you say that?

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 06:59 PM
where is the evidence christians are killing gays in the US. This is crap.

Are you serious? You need the individual news reports? When a gay gets beat to death, it's usually a Christian doing the beating on this side of the pond. I don't need to provide EVIDENCE of that. It's common knowledge. Just because groundsupport is trying to make my statement more than it is, doesn't mean you have to buy into it.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Who is trolling over here, is it Habs? This thread isn't about homosexuality is it??

Nevermind. Thought this was the racist democratic thread.

Yes, I brought up the word "gay" because someone was silly enough to suggest liberals are pro-muslim.

37jetson
11-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Are you serious? You need the individual news reports? When a gay gets beat to death, it's usually a Christian doing the beating on this side of the pond. I don't need to provide EVIDENCE of that. It's common knowledge. Just because groundsupport is trying to make my statement more than it is, doesn't mean you have to buy into it.

So you don't need evidence to make IDIOTIC generalizations of Christians. If you are going to continuously talk crap, you need to back it up.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 07:42 PM
So you don't need evidence to make IDIOTIC generalizations of Christians. If you are going to continuously talk crap, you need to back it up.

Where is the IDIOTIC generalization about Christians? It was a generalization about gay beating deaths. And a generalization about the religious make up of North America. You put the two of them together and you get Christians beating gays to death. Nowhere did I say it was orchestrated. Nowhere did I say it was a grand conspiracy or a colossal problem.

Making the statement more than it was so that you can argue it is your problem. The statement I made is accurate. Deal with IT.

JustAlex
11-20-2014, 07:52 PM
The reason why Liberals don't "attack" Muslims more than Christians is because Muslims are NOT a problem in the U.S......they simply are NOT.

However, in a country brimming to the top with Christians and FAR RIGHT fundamentalist Christians.....yeah, we got a few things to say about that.

And I don't beat around the bush with this stuff as an atheist, a skeptic, and overall the way I feel about religion.....Islam is absolutely deplorable, it is the worst of the worst.

BUT.....that doesn't mean that EVERY Muslim or EVERY Christian is a bad person.

I constantly say that my gripe is with the CONCEPT of religion not the actual religious person.....well until that religious person does something crazy....like in this story.

Anyway, the REAL IRONY in all of this is how American Christians can look at Islam and endlessly mock it and attack it.....and yet they can't see their own crazy religious beliefs for what it is.

37jetson
11-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Where is the IDIOTIC generalization about Christians? It was a generalization about gay beating deaths. And a generalization about the religious make up of North America. You put the two of them together and you get Christians beating gays to death. Nowhere did I say it was orchestrated. Nowhere did I say it was a grand conspiracy or a colossal problem.

Making the statement more than it was so that you can argue it is your problem. The statement I made is accurate. Deal with IT.

You did say it. It was irresponsible and wrong. Trying being a man for once and stand behind your words.

37jetson
11-20-2014, 08:41 PM
The reason why Liberals don't "attack" Muslims more than Christians is because Muslims are NOT a problem in the U.S......they simply are NOT.

However, in a country brimming to the top with Christians and FAR RIGHT fundamentalist Christians.....yeah, we got a few things to say about that.

And I don't beat around the bush with this stuff as an atheist, a skeptic, and overall the way I feel about religion.....Islam is absolutely deplorable, it is the worst of the worst.

BUT.....that doesn't mean that EVERY Muslim or EVERY Christian is a bad person.

I constantly say that my gripe is with the CONCEPT of religion not the actual religious person.....well until that religious person does something crazy....like in this story.

Anyway, the REAL IRONY in all of this is how American Christians can look at Islam and endlessly mock it and attack it.....and yet they can't see their own crazy religious beliefs for what it is.

So American Christians are worse than Muslims? Just because you no longer have Christian beliefs does not give you the right to cast them as more disgusting than terrorists.

shrewsbury
11-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Just because someone was raised "whatever" and someone may go to church on sunday, hardly makes them a Christian or religious.
Just like ISIS is not Islamic. They may use religion as a reason for what they do, but their religion is not about terrorism. Just like Jihad is not about killing for Islam or going to war with someone other than yourself.

Someone knowing facts about something does not make them a practitioner nor have any knowledge of how to actually to or be "what ever" the subject would be.

Liberals are theorists, Conservatives are practitioners. (had to add a jab in there some where)

JustAlex
11-20-2014, 09:31 PM
So American Christians are worse than Muslims? Just because you no longer have Christian beliefs does not give you the right to cast them as more disgusting than terrorists.
When the hell did I say that?!

READ MORE CAREFULLY!

I said HERE in the U.S Muslims....AMERICAN Muslims are NOT a problem.

They are NOT a problem becuase they don't have the amount of power that christians have, they are NOT pushing to change public schools or our secular laws the way so many fundamentalist Christians do so.

I never said anything about terrorists.

Islam is the WORST of the WORST......Christianity is a close second though.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 09:45 PM
You did say it. It was irresponsible and wrong. Trying being a man for once and stand behind your words.

Find the quote where I said it. Go back, read it all, and post the quote for all to see. There is no such quote. You are poorly attempting to put words in my mouth. It's cowardly. Grow up.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Just because someone was raised "whatever" and someone may go to church on sunday, hardly makes them a Christian or religious.
Just like ISIS is not Islamic. They may use religion as a reason for what they do, but their religion is not about terrorism. Just like Jihad is not about killing for Islam or going to war with someone other than yourself.

Someone knowing facts about something does not make them a practitioner nor have any knowledge of how to actually to or be "what ever" the subject would be.

Liberals are theorists, Conservatives are practitioners. (had to add a jab in there some where)

Point taken. So those Muslims being accused of killing gays are not really Muslims.

beachbum
11-20-2014, 09:53 PM

They are NOT a problem becuase they don't have the amount of power that christians have, they are NOT pushing to change public schools or our secular laws the way so many fundamentalist Christians do so.

Alex - NOT YET. Just wait though, there is more than one attack going on by Muslims. The more dangerous attack going on under the radar is the cultural one. Do you know what is going on in Europe to a much larger degree and in pockets in the U.S. with Muslim culture moving in and slowly taking over. This is "soft" terrorism but it is basically using all the PC crap laws on our books to remove our culture and make it Arab/Islamic. Not all Muslims believe in violence but many stand by in quiet solidarity with their violent cohorts.

37jetson
11-20-2014, 10:28 PM

Quoted for the forum troll. Wouldn't it be easier if you stood behind your words.

habsheaven
11-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Quoted for the forum troll. Wouldn't it be easier if you stood behind your words.

Who's trolling? Take a look at all your posts. I am having discussions with people I disagree with. Making points and countering points. You are blubbering about nonsense.

shrewsbury
11-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Point taken. So those Muslims being accused of killing gays are not really Muslims.

good point, I would have to say (in my mixed up world) no they are not. they may practice aspects of Islam, think they believe in a God, but the evidence is obvious they do not. They listened to one aspect that appealed to them (most likely do to some form of insanity) and went with it, never questioned it, never gave it any other thought.
I am sure there are exceptions, people who have been raised that way and have no escape, and people who have been convinced/brainwashed, or too scared not to follow.

my reasons for saying this would be way to long to post. the short of it is, if you really believe your almighty creator watched over you and your every move, would you do half of what you do?
Would a Christian beat up a gay in front of Jesus? Would a set himself on fire in front of Buddha? Would a Muslim slaughter youth in front of God?
I know they would not.
Prove it? Bring me Jesus, a gay, and a Christian.

shrewsbury
11-21-2014, 12:01 AM
can the bickering stop?

disagree, be passionate, take verbal jabs, laugh, be astonished and amazed, shake your head, but stop the nonsense.

no one has to answer any question, no one has to prove anything they say, no one is more credible than the other. this is the Internet, we are on a forum, this is not real life, do not let it affect you as such.

simple don't respond, don't read, don't bother with something you think is nonsense, who cares what the others think, who the heck are they?

have fun, learn something, make this a tool to give further thought to your own ideas, and relax.

37jetson
11-21-2014, 08:14 AM
When the hell did I say that?!

READ MORE CAREFULLY!

Saying American Muslims are NOT a problem is painting with a pretty broad brush. I sure hope that you are right.

habsheaven
11-21-2014, 09:09 AM
can the bickering stop?

disagree, be passionate, take verbal jabs, laugh, be astonished and amazed, shake your head, but stop the nonsense.

no one has to answer any question, no one has to prove anything they say, no one is more credible than the other. this is the Internet, we are on a forum, this is not real life, do not let it affect you as such.

simple don't respond, don't read, don't bother with something you think is nonsense, who cares what the others think, who the heck are they?

have fun, learn something, make this a tool to give further thought to your own ideas, and relax.

I agree. I thought my first post in this thread was a legitimate attempt to discuss the merits of destroying homes after the fact as a deterrent. I think only one person actually responded to it in the context in which the statement was made.

It seems that that is the MO of every thread in here. People ignore what is being typed and project and expand the thought to a point they have a disagreement with it. When in fact, it isn't even what the poster typed. Then the poster has to spend countless posts defending something that only exists in the mind of the other poster. It's nuts.

deansayso
11-21-2014, 10:18 AM

I agree with that last statement. However, you need a decent mix of both to keep moving forward.

Star_Cards
11-21-2014, 10:36 AM

he didn't make a generalization. A few posters seem to think he said ALL christians murder gays. He didn't say anything close to that.

Star_Cards
11-21-2014, 10:39 AM

He's saying that the primary group in this country that want to govern based off of religious belief are christians, not all christians. He's also saying that if muslims wanted to do the same thing in the US he would also have an issue with it. He never said anything about terrorists. He said muslims.

duane1969
11-21-2014, 12:36 PM

Apparently you haven't been paying much attention. Let me help.

Muslims oppose permission slips for off-campus Christian Bible study, then lobby for right to pray in the school
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/06/muslims-demand-get-prayer-in-public-schools-attacks-off-campus-bible-studies/

Muslims demand halal food in public school lunches
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/world/americas/07iht-muslims.4.7022566.html?_r=0
http://pamelageller.com/2014/05/muslims-push-taxpayer-funded-halal-food-california-public-schools.html/
http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/muslims-want-halal-food-in-nyc-schools-kosher-not-option/2014/03/27/

Muslims demand Christmas not be recognized on school calendars which is ironic considering the next link below
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/12/maryland-school-district-to-strip-references-to-religious-holidays-on-school/
http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/11/12/d-c-schools-strip-christmas-calendar-muslims-complain/

Muslims demand school closings to honor Islamic holidays
http://traditionalvalues.org/content/home/36356/muslims_demand_schools_close_for_muslim_holidays

Muslims want crosses removed from a Catholic university. The complaint actually references "offensive Christian imagery"...in a Catholic school.
http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/news/2011/10/lawsuit-says-crosses-at-catholic-university-offensive-prevent-muslim-prayers.php

I could go on. I won't. If you honestly believe that Muslims are not trying to influence public policy and education based on their beliefs then you have buried your head WAY to deep in the sand.

37jetson
11-21-2014, 02:09 PM
I agree. I thought my first post in this thread was a legitimate attempt to discuss the merits of destroying homes after the fact as a deterrent. I think only one person actually responded to it in the context in which the statement was made.

It seems that that is the MO of every thread in here. People ignore what is being typed and project and expand the thought to a point they have a disagreement with it. When in fact, it isn't even what the poster typed. Then the poster has to spend countless posts defending something that only exists in the mind of the other poster. It's nuts.

Thanks for taking yet another potshot.

37jetson
11-21-2014, 02:26 PM
he didn't make a generalization. A few posters seem to think he said ALL christians murder gays. He didn't say anything close to that.

I understand that all did not insinuate that all Christians murder gays, but the generalization made of Christians murdering gays is wrong and offensive.

Can you explain what the canned statement of governing from religious beliefs mean to the average citizen? Is it concern about abortion?

beachbum
11-21-2014, 02:50 PM

Muslims oppose permission slips for off-campus Christian Bible study, then lobby for right to pray in the school
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/06/muslims-demand-get-prayer-in-public-schools-attacks-off-campus-bible-studies/

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/world/americas/07iht-muslims.4.7022566.html?_r=0
http://pamelageller.com/2014/05/muslims-push-taxpayer-funded-halal-food-california-public-schools.html/
http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/muslims-want-halal-food-in-nyc-schools-kosher-not-option/2014/03/27/

Muslims demand Christmas not be recognized on school calendars which is ironic considering the next link below
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/12/maryland-school-district-to-strip-references-to-religious-holidays-on-school/
http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/11/12/d-c-schools-strip-christmas-calendar-muslims-complain/

http://traditionalvalues.org/content/home/36356/muslims_demand_schools_close_for_muslim_holidays

Muslims want crosses removed from a Catholic university. The complaint actually references "offensive Christian imagery"...in a Catholic school.
http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/news/2011/10/lawsuit-says-crosses-at-catholic-university-offensive-prevent-muslim-prayers.php

I could go on. I won't. If you honestly believe that Muslims are not trying to influence public policy and education based on their beliefs then you have buried your head WAY to deep in the sand.

Good stuff Duane, this is exactly what I was talking about in post 64 but you've done the legwork, thanks!

gsj68
11-21-2014, 04:46 PM
just youtube dearborn michigan a lot of nasty stuff with muslims in europe too

Star_Cards
11-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks for taking yet another potshot.

I thought it was pretty accurate statement.

beachbum
11-21-2014, 05:03 PM
just youtube dearborn michigan a lot of nasty stuff with muslims in europe too

BINGO...this isn't "terrorism" per se but it is social stuff like unemployment, welfare, medical, etc. I heard it somewhere and I don't remember where but it was likened to ethnic cleansing but it wasn't that it was more like their version of cultural cleansing...I'm shooting from the hip so I can't remember exactly the original term I heard.

Star_Cards
11-21-2014, 05:04 PM
I understand that all did not insinuate that all Christians murder gays, but the generalization made of Christians murdering gays is wrong and offensive.

Can you explain what the canned statement of governing from religious beliefs mean to the average citizen? Is it concern about abortion?

I don't think he generalized. He just said that there have been gays who have been murdered by christians, He didn't say how many. He didn't say it was rampant.

I'd guess that to most people "governing from religious beliefs" is using religious rules to great social laws... forcing everyone in the country to follow those laws no matter if they have that specific religious belief or not. That's what it means to me. I'm not sure I follow the part about abortion. Obviously abortion is not governed by a religious belief which is how it should be in my opinion.

gsj68
11-21-2014, 05:07 PM
BINGO...this isn't "terrorism" per se but it is social stuff like unemployment, welfare, medical, etc. I heard it somewhere and I don't remember where but it was likened to ethnic cleansing but it wasn't that it was more like their version of cultural cleansing...I'm shooting from the hip so I can't remember exactly the original term I heard.
mid-evil christianity 2 -jihad boogaloo

shrewsbury
11-21-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't think he generalized. He just said that there have been gays who have been murdered by christians, He didn't say how many. He didn't say it was rampant.

actually he said

When a gay gets beat to death, it's usually a Christian doing the beating on this side of the pond.

beachbum
11-21-2014, 05:47 PM
mid-evil christianity 2 -jihad boogaloo

I don't get that, is it a joke or some kind of parity between the two??

JustAlex
11-22-2014, 01:29 AM

Oh those POOR OPPRESSED CHRISTIANS....

Everyone, we need to do something about all of this!!!!

Christians in America are being OPPRESSED by a group less than 1% of the entire population.

Seriously guise....the MUSLIMS ARE COMING! THE MUSLIMS ARE COMING!

Poor oppressed christians who are about 75% of the entire U.S population....I feel SOOO Bad for them.....whatever will they do?!

BTW, I heard the other day that they're building a modern day Colosseum in the U.S.....they're gonna start chucking christians in with the lions!!!

Seriously everyone, can't you see how oppressed Christians are in America....and can't you see how Muslims are TAKING OVER?!?!

*Cry harder christians, your tears are delicious....

beachbum
11-22-2014, 10:29 AM

You sure do have a sense for the dramatic Alex, you could write a book, like a horror book or something, you could be the next Stephen King.

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 10:29 AM
You sure do have a sense for the dramatic Alex, you could write a book, like a horror book or something, you could be the next Stephen King.

Should have saw how much he was crying that Atheists didn't get coupons to a family owned pizza shop. Alex was quite upset that his atheists friends didn't save that $2.00 that church goers did.

shrewsbury
11-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh those POOR OPPRESSED CHRISTIANS....

Everyone, we need to do something about all of this!!!!

Christians in America are being OPPRESSED by a group less than 1% of the entire population.

Seriously guise....the MUSLIMS ARE COMING! THE MUSLIMS ARE COMING!

Poor oppressed christians who are about 75% of the entire U.S population....I feel SOOO Bad for them.....whatever will they do?!

BTW, I heard the other day that they're building a modern day Colosseum in the U.S.....they're gonna start chucking christians in with the lions!!!

Seriously everyone, can't you see how oppressed Christians are in America....and can't you see how Muslims are TAKING OVER?!?!

yep you are a true liberal. equality is only for whom and what you deem worthy. Good job.

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 11:57 AM
yep you are a true liberal. equality is only for whom and what you deem worthy. Good job.

Bingo!

shrewsbury
11-23-2014, 02:02 PM

perhaps I should elaborate on this.

I am unsure that you can distinguish between the average citizen who is christian and some extreme christian.

you have school age children, who are christian, to different degrees. They have been celebrating these holidays their whole lives, never hurt anyone doing it, in fact they have helped, donated, and in the "Christmas Spirit", spread goodwill and good tidings to all.

some people come in and try to take it all away. why would these people not try to get their holidays accepted and leave the other religions alone? why would they not ask for equality? who's fault is it that the other religious holidays are not recognized? do they school kids determine this?

JustAlex
11-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Are you also oppressed Shrew for being a christian in America?

Are you going to complain about how Muslims have it better in America and how they're trying to take over?

OMG....you guys still are more whiny than the feminists that never stop with their utter far left nonsense.

I just love it when ANY Christian complains about his religion while living in America.....the most Christian friendly nation in this existence....then they have the gull to say that other religions are getting preferential treatment or are trying to "Oppress" Christianity....

BOO HOO, go cry to Jesus and the maniacal dictator known as Yahweh.....you really think I'm going to show empathy for ANY christian who plays the fallacious Victim Card?

Hell no.

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Are you also oppressed Shrew for being a christian in America?

Are you going to complain about how Muslims have it better in America and how they're trying to take over?

OMG....you guys still are more whiny than the feminists that never stop with their utter far left nonsense.

I just love it when ANY Christian complains about his religion while living in America.....the most Christian friendly nation in this existence....then they have the gull to say that other religions are getting preferential treatment or are trying to "Oppress" Christianity....

BOO HOO, go cry to Jesus and the maniacal dictator known as Yahweh.....you really think I'm going to show empathy for ANY christian who plays the fallacious Victim Card?

Hell no.

Where is my 10% off coupon for pizza that's 1,000 miles away from my house!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATHEISTS HAVE RIGHTS!

Boo Hoo.

Alex you're the biggest hyprocrite I know.

JustAlex
11-23-2014, 10:23 PM
BTW, IF any Christian really DOES feel oppressed in America or that he/she is being persecuted....

THEN GO PRAY!

This is what you're best at....Praying.

Cuz Prayer is easier than actually going out there and working for stuff.

Here, I'll help...

OH mighty Jesus and war hungry Yahweh, I'm being OPPRESSED in 'Murica....and I don't like it. Those evil Muslims and even MORE EVIL atheists keep trying to take you out of our public schools and government.

The Muslims are trying to put their barbaric religion in our schools where our wholesome children are....surely this doesn't appease you, please do something about it!

And the atheists are even WORSE, they're trying to take all religion out of schools altogether, they just want to worship Satan and eat babies.....please Yahweh, smite their evil agendas and I pray that you open their hearts so they can see the LIGHT....I mean, you created the earth before the sun and stars....that sounds utterly illogical and doesn't correspond with reality, but that's why you are GOD....these atheists will never understand it, they're too fixated in stupid things like human logic....

In thy name I pray, AMEN.

JustAlex
11-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Where is my 10% off coupon for pizza that's 1,000 miles away from my house!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATHEISTS HAVE RIGHTS!

Boo Hoo.

Alex you're the biggest hyprocrite I know.
Go back to that thread and you'll see how I said two or three times that even though I disagreed with the story, I thought it was "small peanuts"...

Why not cry to your god Ground, why not ask him to smite an evil atheist like me?

C'mon WHERE IS YOUR GOD, GROUND?!

WHY DOES HE ALLOW ME TO CONTINUE MOCKING HIM?!!!

Pray to him and he'll do your bidding....keep crying about how christians like you are being oppressed by evil atheists like me.

OH Your god doesn't do anything huh?

He must be nothing more than a coward that needs people like Ground to fight his battles for him.

Keep fighting the good fight Ground, cuz Yahweh sure as hell won't!

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Go back to that thread and you'll see how I said two or three times that even though I disagreed with the story, I thought it was "small peanuts"...

Why not cry to your god Ground, why not ask him to smite an evil atheist like me?

C'mon WHERE IS YOUR GOD, GROUND?!

WHY DOES HE ALLOW ME TO CONTINUE MOCKING HIM?!!!

Pray to him and he'll do your bidding....keep crying about how christians like you are being oppressed by evil atheists like me.

OH Your god doesn't do anything huh?

He must be nothing more than a coward that needs people like Ground to fight his battles for him.

Keep fighting the good fight Ground, cuz Yahweh sure as hell won't!

My god has made me into the man I am today.

I'm not a hypocrite who screams racism or inequality only when deams fit, like you.

I give back to those whom are honest, hard working, and truely need help.

I earned everything that I has been given to me. No hand me outs.

I don't rely on other people to run my life. I'm proud of that. I pray that some day you can feel that sense of freedom. Keep relying on your government Alex. God Bless

ajcorleone
11-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Hmm passing the kool aide I see. The soapbox is open

ajcorleone
11-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Alex can scream all this mumbo jumbo because he lives in is parents basement and does not know anyting about working for a living and life skills. That is why he has all this time to post videos and watch You tube

I'm not a hypocrite who screams racism or inequality only when deams fit, like you.

I give back to those whom are honest, hard working, and truely need help.

I don't rely on other people to run my life. I'm proud of that. I pray that some day you can feel that sense of freedom. Keep relying on your government Alex. God Bless

JustAlex
11-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately for me I had to work hard with my OWN hands to get where I am today.

BULL!

You just said God made you into what you are.....you got a hand out from your sky daddy you LIAR!

God just GAVE you everything, I on the other hand did NOT rely on god, I worked hard in college got a good paying job and now can live with zero debts and plenty of cash in my bank.

And who do I thank.....ME, I DID IT, ME, ME, ME!!!!

BUT YOU....Nope, you were too weak to do it yourself, you needed the help of a magic genie granting wishes to help you.

I don't rely on other people to run my life.
Nope, your life is being 100% run by an imaginary being.

GOD BLESS!!!!!

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Alex can scream all this mumbo jumbo because he lives in is parents basement and does not know anyting about working for a living and life skills. That is why he has all this time to post videos and watch You tube

That's the problem with the entitlement generation.

They see legalizing weed as a national issue. Vote Left. Scream for minimum wage increases. Vote Left. Scream for Equality. Vote Left.

Biggest problem is that they are puppets to the democratic machine. They never gain anything other then the pety hand outs they recieve for their votes.

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately for me I had to work hard with my OWN hands to get where I am today.

BULL!

You just said God made you into what you are.....you got a hand out from your sky daddy you LIAR!

God just GAVE you everything, I on the other hand did NOT rely on god, I worked hard in college got a good paying job and now can live with zero debts and plenty of cash in my bank.

And who do I thank.....ME, I DID IT, ME, ME, ME!!!!

BUT YOU....Nope, you were too weak to do it yourself, you needed the help of a magic genie granting wishes to help you.

Nope, your life is being 100% run by an imaginary being.

GOD BLESS!!!!!

Are you stoned? Have to be.

Your mom buy your dime sack this morning? Surely your hard working hands didn't provide that for you.

JustAlex
11-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Nope...I don't smoke or drink....cuz mind altering drugs are also for WEAK willed people.....people who rely on Magic genies for example....just to get through the day.

I rely on MYSELF, my own strong will to get by.

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Nope...I don't smoke or drink....cuz mind altering drugs are also for WEAK willed people.....people who rely on Magic genies for example....just to get through the day.

Your own strong will?

Obviously you can't be taken serious.

JustAlex
11-23-2014, 11:11 PM
Obviously you can't be taken serious.
From the guy who believes in a magical being that created the earth before the sun and lives in heaven and he'll get to go there too if he's a good boy!

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 11:14 PM
From the guy who believes in a magical being that created the earth before the sun and lives in heaven and he'll get to go there too if he's a good boy!

Seems to be working for me and millions of others of people.

I don't mooch off of others to surive. :D

But keep being a puppet to the democratic machine. I'll make sure you get a turkey next week. Straight out of my paycheck, throught the IRS, then trickled down through community organizers to ensure they secure your vote.

ajcorleone
11-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I commend you on not drinking or smoking I take it you don't drink at all? And maybe if you had something other than yourself to rely on your outlook would not be so glum.

JustAlex
11-23-2014, 11:20 PM
This is the best you got?

The democrats? They can burn in your fictional hell for all I care.

You mooch off your sky daddy!!!

When times get rough you pray for it to get better....instead of just being a man and taking care of business yourself!

GroundSupport
11-23-2014, 11:51 PM

When times get rough you pray for it to get better....instead of just being a man and taking care of business yourself!

I mooch off of my success at life Alex.

It's an awesome feeling. You should try it sometime.

beachbum
11-24-2014, 10:19 AM

Alex, you do know that Christianity is not sitting around waiting for God to do stuff for us, don't know? You've claimed all this knowledge of christianity, I'm sure you know about the fall, free will, etc.??

Do you really think we sit around waiting on everything to be done for us or are you just trying to deceive and misrepresent? Sitting around waiting for somebody to do things for you is the mindset of a lazy, non-working, government dependent...aka the modern Democrat.

I get that you are a former Believer, non-Believer, Atheist, etc. but must you purposely tell lies about Christianity or maybe you just don't know the truth?

shrewsbury
11-24-2014, 10:29 AM
alex, as long as you continue to not break the rules you can post your opinion.

just don't expect a response from me. you are so uneducated on religion it is ridiculous, and it is not worth my time argueing with someone who knows nothing but claims to know it all.

good luck in all you do.

habsheaven
11-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Alex, you do know that Christianity is not sitting around waiting for God to do stuff for us, don't know? You've claimed all this knowledge of christianity, I'm sure you know about the fall, free will, etc.??

Do you really think we sit around waiting on everything to be done for us or are you just trying to deceive and misrepresent? Sitting around waiting for somebody to do things for you is the mindset of a lazy, non-working, government dependent...aka the modern Democrat.

I get that you are a former Believer, non-Believer, Atheist, etc. but must you purposely tell lies about Christianity or maybe you just don't know the truth?

Did you just refute Alex's generalization of Christians, only to state your own generalization of Democrats in the same breath?

Might want to take your own advice. lol

beachbum
11-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Did you just refute Alex's generalization of Christians, only to state your own generalization of Democrats in the same breath?

Might want to take your own advice. lol

Why? All you are doing is your classic apples to oranges garbage.

A Christian can be clearly defined by the Bible despite the many human renditions, there is only one true definition.

What do you have to refute all the definitions of what a Socialist Democrat is? LOL LOL LOL LOL

ajcorleone
11-24-2014, 01:00 PM
So you do not dispute living with your parents and living off them? Or are you on your own and a tax paying citizen? Just curious it would help me understand your rants of late

GroundSupport
11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
So you do not dispute living with your parents and living off them? Or are you on your own and a tax paying citizen? Just curious it would help me understand your rants of late

Oh he lives at home still. No doubt about that.

habsheaven
11-24-2014, 01:44 PM

A Christian can be clearly defined by the Bible despite the many human renditions, there is only one true definition.

What do you have to refute all the definitions of what a Socialist Democrat is? LOL LOL LOL LOL

You made a generalization about Democrats. He made one about Christians. They are both generalizations. No apples and oranges.

How do you dress yourself in the morning?

beachbum
11-24-2014, 02:11 PM
How do you dress yourself in the morning?

You know what Habs, you consistently take the low ground in every thread. Despite your menial level to actually debate, its just a matter of time before you insult and offend. I am not taking the low ground with you anymore, you suck people in and then you get all of your laughs. As usual, you will get the last word because I am deleting this thread. Have fun in the room all by yourself.

Star_Cards
11-24-2014, 02:30 PM

I don't see his post as apples to oranges garbage. It's ironic you complain about a generalization and then toss one out of your own in the same post.

Now, getting into the definition of a christian is a whole other ball game. That would be a very interesting thread to read through.

habsheaven
11-24-2014, 03:14 PM
You know what Habs, you consistently take the low ground in every thread. Despite your menial level to actually debate, its just a matter of time before you insult and offend. I am not taking the low ground with you anymore, you suck people in and then you get all of your laughs. As usual, you will get the last word because I am deleting this thread. Have fun in the room all by yourself.

Boohoo!! When I make a legitimate point and you reply with "your classic garbage", you have already taken the low ground. If you can't understand the conversation, bow out. We will all be better off.

shrewsbury
11-24-2014, 03:15 PM
definition of a christian is a whole other ball game. That would be a very interesting thread to read through.

How would it be defined?

There are so many small things that make christians different from each other.

habsheaven
11-24-2014, 03:22 PM
How would it be defined?

Wouldn't it simply be a person that believes in the story of Christ and all that accompanies it?

Star_Cards
11-24-2014, 04:21 PM
How would it be defined?

I don't think it's possible to define 100%, as beachbum implied. I find it to be impossible to define in such a black and white way. I personally don't think there is one right definition of a Christian. The same applies to any other religion as well. Religion is so open to interpretation and is so personal from individual to individual. I agree that beachbum can give his definition of a christian based off of his personal opinion, but I don't think there is any one way to define.

Star_Cards
11-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Wouldn't it simply be a person that believes in the story of Christ and all that accompanies it?

Hmm...interesting... I suppose that would be the definition in it's simplest form. I guess I was thinking about a more detailed definition that beachbum was bringing up. Maybe I misunderstood. Now I'm curious as to what beach bum had in mind of his definition of a christian.

JustAlex
11-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Lol, so now it's a generalization to say Christians pray to their genie when times get tough?

Ok whatever, I guess technically it is.....hell even saying that Christians read the bible is a generalization...because we know a lot of them keep the bible as nothing more than a paperweight or even coaster.

Anyway, my comment was solely directed at Ground, not all Christians....so have the past 5 or 6.

Ground doesn't believe in proper argumentation, he believes in throwing ad hominem left and right and using character assassination tactics to get his points across.

I see absolutely no reason why I should bother putting any real work while discussing with him.