PDA

View Full Version : Why do people

oldspice_007
07-15-2006, 03:55 PM
trade away cards that are being negotiated with.
The sentence doesn't sound right but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

This has happened to me 4 or 5 times now in the last week or so.

Is this normal?

michaelbennett_12
07-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Yep, I guess it is normal. Have seen people agree to trades without having cards in hand. Irritates me too... The only way I like to trade something is if I have it in hand. Oh I did, by the way get your money today. Let me know when u get the Gordon. Thanks, Michael

Shaqfan46013
07-15-2006, 04:23 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me after we had agreed on a trade.

theproudestmonkey
07-15-2006, 05:06 PM
IMO, unless it is posted in the trade manager, it is fair game....it works both way too guys....i have had more people BACK OUT of a trade that was agreed on than what you are inquiring about....so you gotta look at it from that angle too...if you want something bad enough, you will work the the trade out now, post it, and then you have nothing to worry about....once the trade is posted and confirmed, then you have a gripe....otherwise, take the 15 minutes to do that....if you dont, that shows me you aren't that intersted

Shaqfan46013
07-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Well some of us have other stuff to do.If someone ask me about something ,I will tell others that its in trade,and check with the person I offered it to.Not just trade it off then be like "ohh well you should have stopped youre work and traded with me".That is just bad trading,And a jerk.

theproudestmonkey
07-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Well some of us have other stuff to do.If someone ask me about something ,I will tell others that its in trade,and check with the person I offered it to.Not just trade it off then be like "ohh well you should have stopped youre work and traded with me".That is just bad trading,And a jerk.

the point is if you have 5 minutes to ask about a card, then take the extra 10 minutes to work the trade out!!! if you dont have an extra 10 minutes, then you shouldnt be asking about trades....ask about trades when you have time to work them out....this isn't walmart...there is no layaway

Shaqfan46013
07-15-2006, 05:20 PM
My point -A JERK...

oldspice_007
07-15-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't think that working out a trade in 15 minutes is that easy.

IE waiting for the person to respond. If they aren't online you can't get a deal done....

theproudestmonkey
07-15-2006, 05:31 PM
ouch....my feelings are hurt

oldspice_007
07-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Just happened again.

Unbelievable.

Told me he would sell the card for a certain price.
I said ok, then he replied that he was taking other offers......

sweetdizzel17
07-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Just happened again.

Unbelievable.

Told me he would sell the card for a certain price.
I said ok, then he replied that he was taking other offers......

that is not fair...if two people have agreed on something than that is rude to back out but everything not posted in the trade manager is fair game as theproudestmonkey said

but when you are negotiating i think the point would be to get the best deal from a card. why would you pass up a good deal from a newcomer to get a lesser deal from someone who asked first? you are not obligated to trade with a guy you were dealing with and everyone should get the best they can from their cards

Shaqfan46013
07-15-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm with you oldspice , Nothing worse than thinking you have made a deal and it not be honored.

ckinney
07-15-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't normally post on B-ball but this one caught my eye.

I feel your pain.

I guess that is the difference between someone who wants to work with people and enjoy the hobby for what it is, and people who want to work the best deal for themselvs and don't care about looking like a jerk. My guess that these are the same people that cut you off in traffic, thier motto: "Do anything to get ahead."

I do find some sollace in the fact that most people on here are not like that, and that maybe someday karma will get them...

And theproudestmonkey is right, this ins't Walmart, even they have limits to how much they will mess with people.

Thanks for reading my two pennies.

mattyj
07-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Worst thing i have seen is someone listed some cards for sale, including a Wade RC my wife wanted, i offered him a $$ amount and he agreed, then backed out the next day coz wade a good game in the playoffs...thats just slack, dont offer a card for sale if u dont wanna sell it...

im with oldspice tho, if u have agreed to a trade but just hasnt been posted, at least contact the person b4 trading to someone else

swill300
07-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Well, look at it this way. If you had something up for trade and the person didn't respond in let's say a day or so, do you wait or move on to someone willing to post the trade right at that time? I agree with both points, but there is some sort of time restriction included I would think. If someone is interested in trading with me I try to give it 1 day max to complete, IMO it isnt THAT important to get it done in 15 minutes UNLESS it can be done that fast, if you don't have IM or have a life outside of this forum (children, job, etc. ) it can't always be done that quickly. It does stink when others do renege on deals after already agreeing, I trade in hand only as well, just makes for good business.

theproudestmonkey
07-16-2006, 01:13 PM
my point was that if you have a verbal agreement to make a trade, not "i will think about it" or "i will get back to you"....but an actual trade worked out, then why not take the 2 minutes to post it?? if i say i will give you $10 for your card, and you say yes, THEN POST IT!! i know it takes more than 10 minutes to work out an actual trade....but until both parties agree, then there is no trade, and you dont have any "right" to the card. i have lost out on many cards i wanted cause someone beat me to the punch...its no big deal!!! if someone has the money for a card right away, then let him have the card....im not sitting here trying to play both sides of the fence, cause everyone who posted would be just as pissed if they held a card for me as other offers came in and then i backed out, causing them to miss out on the other opportunities!! if you dont have money for a couple days, then say "i will post it up, but cant pay for 2 days...that cool??" and it will be cool...CAUSE IT IS A CONFIRMED TRADE....otherwise, i dont know what the heck you are complaining about!! its a freakin card and you are whining over not getting it!!

SPINOUT
07-16-2006, 03:11 PM
T.P.M You got that all right''

justsandersplease
07-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Verbal commitments don't hold water in COURT...

ENOUGH SAID!

Didn't anyone else ever hear, "Get it in black-and-white?"

Shaqfan46013
07-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Well I thought this was a friendly trading site not court.