PDA

View Full Version : MJ JERSEY CARDS keep them in the SGC case or break them out???

ac-n-mike
07-31-2006, 09:56 AM
I bought some of the FISRT year of 00-01 Ultimate Colelction basketball and you got a SGC GRADED card in each pack i have these:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/ac-n-mike/TRADING/10.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/ac-n-mike/TRADING/12.jpg

should I keep them in the cases or break them out? what would be better if i was trying to sell/trade?

if i keep them i WILL keep them in the cases but jsut wondering if other would rather NOT have SGC or think they are "better' not in the cases THANKS

YaoFan11
07-31-2006, 12:27 PM
I would leave them in. SGC is a reputable grading company.

sense6
07-31-2006, 12:30 PM
I disagree I think thats the stuff they sell on the home shopping channel i would crack the cases and send them to PSA or BGS

ac-n-mike
07-31-2006, 12:41 PM
I guess I can see both of your opinions.....UD sold the SGC sealed in the packs of Ultimate Colelction, BUT I dont see alot of SGC stuff selling thats why i asked

ANY MORE OPINIONS??? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

BravesFan4Life
08-04-2006, 11:04 PM
leave them in. SGC is a very reputable company. I like its holders more so than BGS or PSA. If Beckett didnt conspire to put BGS prices higher than PSA or GAI or SGC then it would be right there as the best vintage grader.

SPINOUT
08-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Thats 100% correct about Beckett & SGC. I deal with ton's of MEMROBILIA & graded pieces & SGC is not really out there to the public so many people that do not deal with GRADED items will walk on the piece but the one's that do will know it's a SOLID company...But then you have the people that think SGC was in cohoots with U.D to give cards a BETTER grade then they really should to PUMP the set.. My opion is send to PSA or BECKETT if you want them OUT of that case & just stipulate that you want either a EQUAL grade on the CROSSGRADE or BETTER & if not leave them be.. I do that with a lot of GRADED pieces//If they cannot give me a BETTER grade i say LEAVE it be..It costs money to do business like that but if your dealing with HIG end cards that extra 1 grade is HUGE..So it's worth the DICE ROLL....

ac-n-mike
08-05-2006, 10:38 AM
thanks everyone i appreciate the feedback