PDA

View Full Version : succ's College Football TTM Success Thread

succ
06-11-2018, 08:06 PM
I've been collecting TTM autos for over a year now, and recently I've been interested into sending to college football players. From what I've seen on the web this is becoming harder and harder to do, as many schools are trying to align their policies with NCAA compliance and have begun to ban fan mail sent to their athletic departments.

I still figure that it's worth a shot though, so I recently sent out a few requests to some players, using a mixture of school and private addresses. Today I actually received my first request back, and it came from Ball State quarterback Riley Neal, who signed a pair of index cards and included a note. I sent to Ball State's football stadium for this one... I hope it's the first of many!

succ
06-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Here's a picture of what I got... (I will also post any successes in the TTMM)

camsue
06-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Can get many email addys from the schools directory that has worked for me in the past as well as ttm manager on this site lists contact info as well. Best of luck and congrats on the success

succ
06-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Got another success in today! BYU quarterback Tanner Mangum signed 2 index cards and also included a nice note. I sent to his home address in Idaho at the end of May, but it came back postmarked from BYU, so he must be there right now practicing. Regardless, I'm pretty happy to get this one back!

succ
07-05-2018, 11:01 PM
It's been a while since I added to this thread, as I have been on a road trip, but I came home to three new college successes! The one that was postmarked earliest came from Iowa tight end Noah Fant. He signed 2 index cards and the back of the SASE in black sharpie. I believe that I sent to Iowa's training facility for this one.

succ
07-05-2018, 11:03 PM
The next one came from Memphis running back/kick returner Tony Pollard. This was kind of an odd success, as he signed the back of both the index cards I sent, but he added a nice note to one of them as well. I'll take it! I used the Memphis athletic department address for this success.

succ
07-05-2018, 11:06 PM
The last one that I received came from UAB defensive back Broderick Thomas, who signed a pair of index cards care of the UAB athletic department address. I think the blue pen looks cool on the index cards!

Crosscheck
07-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Very cool I will try and keep up to date on your successes. I hope to see a few roll in from across town for you.

camsue
07-15-2018, 05:45 AM
Very nice congrats

succ
07-16-2018, 05:35 PM
Got Boston College DE Zach Allen back today! He signed two index cards in pen- I used the Boston College athletic department address for this one.

succ
07-30-2018, 03:09 PM
Another college success arrived in the mailbox last Friday! Wisconsin offensive lineman Beau Benzschawel signed two index cards in black pen care of the Wisconsin athletic department.

succ
08-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Just got my first email success for the 2018 college football season from Georgia State head coach Shawn Elliott. (Pic is in the TTMM) Hopefully there will be more to come in the future- I received a bunch of successes through email last year. I also sent a few custom cards out to coaches and got nearly all of those back signed as well. If any of you are curious, these are the coaches I have in my collection so far:

Email successes: Bronco Mendenhall (Virginia), Ed Orgeron (LSU), Bob Davie (New Mexico), Paul Johnson (GA Tech), Justin Fuente (Virginia Tech), Blake Anderson (Arkansas State), Gus Malzahn (Auburn), Dave Doeren (NC State), Ken Niumatalolo (Navy), Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern), Tom Herman (Texas), Mike Jinks (Bowling Green), Jeff Tedford (Fresno State), Mike Neu (Ball State), Jeff Brohm (Purdue), Joey Jones (South Alabama), Mike Sanford (WKU), Scottie Montgomery (ECU), Paul Tortorella (Indiana Univ.-Pennsylvania), Mark Richt (Miami), Nathan Brown (Central Arkansas)

Successes via SASE: Derek Mason (Vanderbilt), Gary Patterson (TCU), Seth Littrell (North Texas), Terry Bowden (Akron), Jason Candle (Toledo), Justin Wilcox (Cal), Kalani Sitake (BYU), Kyle Whittingham (Utah), Bill Clark (UAB), Kirby Smart (Georgia)

Crosscheck
08-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Those are some great additions

succ
08-26-2018, 07:19 PM
Just got Nick Saban (preprint) and Bill Snyder through email yesterday, pics are in the TTM manager.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Sports Card Forum mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95362)

succ
09-10-2018, 10:26 PM
After over a month without any player successes, the drought ended today with two MOJO successes! The first came from Missouri QB Drew Lock, who is currently Mel Kiper's #1 quarterback prospect for the 2019 draft. If you haven't seen him play, I advise that you go take a look because he has a ROCKET arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2uWOkZMto (2017 highlights)

Anyways, he signed 2/2 index cards through the Missouri athletic department address.

succ
09-10-2018, 10:36 PM
I also got a really cool success from Northwestern quarterback Clayton Thorson! He signed the two index cards I sent in blue pen and also included his own testimonial card. To top it all off, he also wrote me a 1-page letter! I sent to the Walter Athletics Center (Northwestern's brand-new football facility) on Northwestern campus.

lplirish
09-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Nice job succ!! I've had a great start to the 2018 season. Lock I have had no luck with but did get Shea Patterson

succ
09-23-2018, 02:06 AM
Two more college successes were waiting in the mailbox today! The first one was from BYU tight end Matt Bushman, who signed 2 index cards in black pen and added a note. I believe this one took a little over a month. I sent to the student athlete building on BYU campus if anyone is curious about the address.

succ
09-23-2018, 02:09 AM
The second one came from Air Force HC Troy Calhoun, who sent a signed 8x10 via email. The picture (and email address) are both in the TMM manager.

succ
10-08-2018, 10:13 PM
After a couple weeks without a success, another one arrived in the mailbox today! FAU running back Devin Singletary signed 2 index cards and included a pocket schedule through the FAU athletic department.

succ
10-19-2018, 01:34 AM
Today I received a success from NC State quarterback Ryan Finley! He signed and personalized 2 index cards in black sharpie, and added "Go Pack!" to each. I really like the added inscription! I sent to NC State's football center in Raleigh, it took a little over 2 months.

succ
11-01-2018, 10:16 PM
I got a success in from the heart of SEC country today! LSU star cornerback Greedy Williams signed 1 out of 2 index cards in black sharpie. I sent to the LSU athletic department, and to be completely honest I didn't think this one was coming back. Of all the schools that I've sent to, I didn't really think that LSU would allow fan mail....

Anyways, this was an awesome success, probably my favorite one so far this year! Greedy is an amazing athlete, and I can't wait to see him making plays on all over the field on Sundays soon.

succ
11-05-2018, 10:35 PM
I got my first Big 12 success of the season today! Kansas State offensive lineman Dalton Risner signed 2 index cards via the Kansas State athletic department address.

succ
03-28-2019, 01:16 AM
It's been a while, but I figure I should try and send some more requests out to some college players during spring ball this year. I recently saw a success from Jaylon Johnson (Utah DB) c/o his school, so I might try sending there in the next couple days. Along with Johnson, I plan on sending to:

- Zach Wilson (BYU QB)
- Michael Warren II (Cincinnati RB)
- Cedric Wilcots II (New Mexico St. DE)
- Mark Gilbert (Duke DB)

Will enter all these players into the TTMM and post if I get anything back...

succ
04-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Yesterday marked the first college football autograph I had received in a long time, even if it didn't come through the mail. At the WSU baseball game yesterday Gardner Minshew threw out the first pitch. I didn't find out until a couple hours beforehand that he would be there, but I ran down to the WSU bookstore and purchased a mini helmet, which I got him to sign afterward in silver sharpie. I think the signature came out really well.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/images/imported/2019/04/1154.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Crosscheck
04-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Very nice!

succ
04-16-2019, 12:06 AM
Another success came in today, although it wasn't from a current player. Former BYU quarterback Max Hall, who is the all-time winningest quarterback in school history (32 wins) signed the jersey that I sent him. He's currently a high school coach in Arizona, so the jersey was mailed care of the school he's currently at.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/images/imported/2019/04/1326.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

succ
04-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Yet another success today from a (current) BYU quarterback in sophomore signal caller Zach Wilson. He signed 2 index cards care of the BYU student athlete building. Took ~25 days.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/images/imported/2019/04/1499.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

succ
09-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Hey y'all! I know it's been a while but I've been super busy with starting school this fall! I finally finished the process of transferring schools (WSU to BYU) and I am now collecting autographs in Provo, UT! Having grown up a BYU fan it has been a surreal experience attending school here and going to games. The rivalry game this year didn't quite produce the result I wanted but I'm just glad that college football is back!

I guess I technically have a success to share with everyone today too -- I met BYU head coach Kalani Sitake at his weekly coaches show and got him to sign a mini helmet, which is now on display in my apartment. I've been buying helmets for all the schools that are coming to play BYU (UW, USC, etc.) so we'll have to see if I can get some of those signed this year.

I'm happy to be back! Go Cougs (both red and blue)!

https://i.postimg.cc/3wjp7H4D/Sitake-helmet.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Crosscheck
09-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Send me your new address when you think of it. I have posters to send you