PDA

View Full Version : Are fan packs dead?

Crosscheck
07-04-2018, 01:19 PM
There does not seem to be much traffic around here. Are fan packs and the requesting of fan packs a thing of the past? I am wanting to do some more fan pack requests but I donít see much of people having success around here. I have also emailed teams like Virginia Tech, UNC and Minnesota Vikings where people have had great success in the past and I have not received anything. Iíd like to do more NCAA fanpacks as well as hockey and a few NFL teams but there does not seem to be many people posting success so Iím almost to the point of thinking why waste my time. Is anybody having any luck? PLK

camsue
07-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Mets just sent me a very nice one Baltimore usually player post cards Nationals was decent College Purdue sent my wife a back pack, banner and yearbook Michigan sent her yearbook big blue banner Florida( sad face Tennessee fan here) Gator stickers decals and a yearbook

doniceage
07-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Aaron,
I think with most things people do not share their experiences as much as they used to. Why because it takes time. Many people are too lazy to do the actual funpack request and ask for the e-mail version only so they can save on the cost and also the quick ease of just getting some freebies. In today hectic life it nice if people post their successes as you say as it allows members like yourself to know what the success rate is for the specific team, player, etc.

Hope you do some and if you do get successes in the future you share them in a thread and the ttm database for all in the future to view.

DON

doniceage
07-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Aaron,
I think with most things people do not share their experiences as much as they used to. Why because it takes time. Many people are too lazy to do the actual funpack request and ask for the e-mail version only so they can save on the cost and also the quick ease of just getting some freebies. In today hectic life it nice if people post their successes as you say as it allows members like yourself to know what the success rate is for the specific team, player, etc.

Hope you do some and if you do get successes in the future you share them in a thread and the ttm database for all in the future to view.

DON

Crosscheck
07-04-2018, 10:38 PM
I had the thought to try and send requests the old fashioned way through the mail. I had plannned on sitting down and writing a few this evening but had a migraine so I never got to it. The headache is starting to wear off so I may still get to it. No 4th plans since I have a sick kid so why not. I’ll for sure try Michigan since one of my boys loves the Wolverines.

doniceage
07-04-2018, 10:46 PM
I had the thought to try and send requests the old fashioned way through the mail. I had plannned on sitting down and writing a few this evening but had a migraine so I never got to it. The headache is starting to wear off so I may still get to it. No 4th plans since I have a sick kid so why not. I’ll for sure try Michigan since one of my boys loves the Wolverines.

Let us know how it goes.

DON

Crosscheck
07-05-2018, 07:55 PM
I stuck a couple in the mail box this morning if I can find time to make it to the post office tomorrow I’ll stick a few more in the mail over the weekend. camsue do you mind sharing the contact you used for Michigan?

camsue
07-05-2018, 09:06 PM
I stuck a couple in the mail box this morning if I can find time to make it to the post office tomorrow I’ll stick a few more in the mail over the weekend. @camsue (https://www.sportscardforum.com/member.php?u=101527) do you mind sharing the contact you used for Michigan? I had a listing of the school directory and used a email from one of the community relations i will see if i can dig up that info for you most mlb and nfl teams you can go to there web site click on contact and usually send feedback works just state i am a huge fan etc and would love to receive a fan pack and make sure you leave your addy in the email/feedback you have anymore questions feel free to pm me and i will work on that email addy for the wolverines

Crosscheck
07-05-2018, 10:01 PM
I had a listing of the school directory and used a email from one of the community relations i will see if i can dig up that info for you most mlb and nfl teams you can go to there web site click on contact and usually send feedback works just state i am a huge fan etc and would love to receive a fan pack and make sure you leave your addy in the email/feedback you have anymore questions feel free to pm me and i will work on that email addy for the wolverines

thanks I appreciate you looking into Michigan for me. I am going to send a letter USPS to the Giants since they rejected me by email. Might as well try that route. That is about the only NFL team I desire that I haven’t sent to yet. I am also going to a few NHL teams by regular mail then I really want to try NCAA schools.
thanks again

zjlwolves3
07-08-2018, 08:55 AM
They are alive and probably better than ever. Check youtube and instagram for successes that people have

ottoman55
07-08-2018, 10:19 AM
I use to have some sucess in the past just got one ready for the New York Yankees will mail Monday see how it goes will do more In the future will let all no how it goes .

Crosscheck
07-08-2018, 05:13 PM
They are alive and probably better than ever. Check youtube and instagram for successes that people have

I spent much of yesterday afternoon watching YouTube fan pack videos since it was too hot to do anything else. Some of these people have some amazing hauls. Must just be slow reporting around here.

Crosscheck
08-16-2018, 09:50 PM
I got 2 returns back in the last week. First was the Chicago Bears. Schedules, a ďautographedĒ card and some really cool stickers. The I got a great package from the Minnesota Vikings mini pennant, tattoo, poster, schedule key tags and best of all a flag. I canít wait to have a garage again to hand the flag up in.

doniceage
08-17-2018, 04:58 AM
I got 2 returns back in the last week. First was the Chicago Bears. Schedules, a “autographed” card and some really cool stickers. The I got a great package from the Minnesota Vikings mini pennant, tattoo, poster, schedule key tags and best of all a flag. I can’t wait to have a garage again to hand the flag up in.

Thanks for sharing.

DON

Crosscheck
08-20-2018, 08:02 PM
I got home Friday from work to find out A/C unit had gone out so that meant a weekend at my mother in laws with nothing to do. So I sent out a handful of fan pack emails to pro teams. I also emailed about 25 Power 5 conference schools for magnetic football schedules. I have a handful on a file cabinet in my office so I thought why not see if I can add to it. I have heard back from 3 schools. One saying they had nothing to offer and 2 saying they had no magnetic schedules but would send pocket schedules. Big 10 & Pac12 schools seem to be the hardest to contact via email but I found addresses for 2 Big 10 schools Iíll try USPS. I think Iíll try a few Group of 5 schools and FCS teams just for grins. I expect better luck with the smaller programs honestly.

Crosscheck
08-23-2018, 10:42 PM
First schedules came in the mail from the University of Colorado. Very fast response since I requested those on Monday. But I guess Colorado does border Oklahoma so itís not that far away for the USPS but still quick work by the CU Athletic Department.

Crosscheck
08-24-2018, 10:46 PM
Iowa State hooked me up big today with pocket and magnetic schedules.

for those scoring at home it’s:

Pac-12: 1
Big XII: 1
OU informed me where I can pick up schedules in Norman. They can not mail me any,so Thursday when I go to a high school at OU I will pick a few up. Does that count as 2 for the Big XII?

Crosscheck
08-25-2018, 09:39 PM
I got a stack of pocket schedules from LSU today. If any Tiger fans want a pocket schedule hit me up lol

PAC 12: 1
Big XII: 1
SEC: 1

Crosscheck
09-01-2018, 11:45 AM
The past 2 days have been successful.

Thursday all 3 of my boys and myself went to the Norman High vs. Norman North football game and based off of info from the OU Athletics dept from sending an email we were able to grab a few Sooner football posters from the Athletics office at the stadium so that counts a success in my book.
Sucesses to date:
Big XII: 2
PAC 12: 1

yesterday i I got my 6 posters from Washington State that I always order. I had to shell out $6 for shipping but I am happy to do it and have for the past 5 years but not sure it counts as a email or USPS letter success.

I also received a fan pack from the NY Jets which I am excited about. If I do decide to start watch the NFL again this season after a 2 year hiatus the Jets are kind of the front runner to be my new rooting interest after breaking up with the team I have cheered for since 1985. My visit to NYC next mo th might speed up the process of becoming a Jets fan and I don’t think it’s a bandwagon move if you start pulling for the 3rd worst team in the league the season before.

i got a nice fan pack with a handful of stickers which I loved. Also a generous amount of pencils and schedules plus the coolest business card I have ever seen. I had seen people on Instagram get a cool Jets water bottle in recent fan packs. I did not get one of those like I had hoped for. It would have great for my morning 2 mile run but you can’t complain about free stuff! Still a nice fan pack.

doniceage
09-02-2018, 01:27 AM
The past 2 days have been successful.

Thursday all 3 of my boys and myself went to the Norman High vs. Norman North football game and based off of info from the OU Athletics dept from sending an email we were able to grab a few Sooner football posters from the Athletics office at the stadium so that counts a success in my book.
Sucesses to date:
Big XII: 2
Big 10: 1

yesterday i I got my 6 posters from Washington State that I always order. I had to shell out $6 for shipping but I am happy to do it and have for the past 5 years but not sure it counts as a email or USPS letter success.

I also received a fan pack from the NY Jets which I am excited about. If I do decide to start watch the NFL again this season after a 2 year hiatus the Jets are kind of the front runner to be my new rooting interest after breaking up with the team I have cheered for since 1985. My visit to NYC next mo th might speed up the process of becoming a Jets fan and I don’t think it’s a bandwagon move if you start pulling for the 3rd worst team in the league the season before.

i got a nice fan pack with a handful of stickers which I loved. Also a generous amount of pencils and schedules plus the coolest business card I have ever seen. I had seen people on Instagram get a cool Jets water bottle in recent fan packs. I did not get one of those like I had hoped for. It would have great for my morning 2 mile run but you can’t complain about free stuff! Still a nice fan pack.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on landing a few items.

DON

Crosscheck
09-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Thanks for sharing and congrats on landing a few items.

DON

Yes sir anytime, you asked I kept everyone up to date on my successes so I am as time allows. I’m just glad people are checking back in on this thread.

Crosscheck
09-05-2018, 09:53 PM
2 really nice magnetic schedules from the University of Texas football today. I sent an SASE but I am counting it as a success since it originated as a response from my initial set of emails. That’s now 3 from the Big XII

Crosscheck
09-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Got schedules back today from the University of Georgia.

thats now 2 from the SEC

Big XII: 3
SEC:2
Pac 12: 1

pablomeza771
09-07-2018, 08:36 PM
The Padres were generous with me they sent me a t-shirt, water bottle and a Clayton Richard jersey

Sent from my SM-J327P using Sports Card Forum mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95362)

Crosscheck
09-07-2018, 08:43 PM
The Padres were generous with me they sent me a t-shirt, water bottle and a Clayton Richard jersey

Sent from my SM-J327P using Sports Card Forum mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95362)

I sent to the padres a little over a month ago. Nothing back yet, hopefully soon

doniceage
09-08-2018, 06:17 AM

Have a pic of the jersey? That is sweet.

Don

pablomeza771
09-09-2018, 02:24 PM
This is the jersey159102159103

MsxArty
09-10-2018, 08:32 PM
Who do you watch?

MsxArty
09-10-2018, 08:36 PM
This is the jersey159102159103

Is it a giveaway?

pablomeza771
09-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Yes I follow the Padres on Instagram and they posted about replica jerseys being a giveaway item at one of their games

Crosscheck
09-12-2018, 09:31 PM
1 really cool looking magnetic schedule today from the University of North Texas today. My first “group of 5” schedule.

its getting close to hockey season time to reach out for some hockey schedules & fan packs.

my oldest did mail a fan pack request to the Boston Bruins yesterday. It’s the only sports team he follows. I requested one back in the spring with no response while everyone else on the TTM manager is getting Bruins fanpacks fairly quickly so hopefully he gets a response.

VistaViper
09-12-2018, 10:44 PM
My son requested a fan pack via email to the Phillies and received a stuffed envelope containing a t-shirt, winter hat, wall sticker of Hoskins and a bunch of other knick knacks. Very cool of them.

Crosscheck
09-13-2018, 09:17 PM
I got a really nice fan pack from the Baltimore Ravens today

VistaViper did your son email or snail mail the Phils?

VistaViper
09-13-2018, 09:21 PM
I got a really nice fan pack from the Baltimore Ravens today

@VistaViper (https://www.sportscardforum.com/member.php?u=40744) did your son email or snail mail the Phils?

Email

doniceage
09-14-2018, 05:18 AM
Email

What ya get?

Don

Crosscheck
09-14-2018, 08:52 AM
I will try the Phillies over the weekend
thank you!

Crosscheck
09-15-2018, 01:59 PM
I got a fan pack from the Mets today. Lots of stuff for the kids! baseball cards, a lanyard a baseball stress ball that my 2 year old has thrown all over the house today. He also is enjoying the Jr Mets club mini thunder sticks.

doniceage
09-15-2018, 02:35 PM
I got a fan pack from the Mets today. Lots of stuff for the kids! baseball cards, a lanyard a baseball stress ball that my 2 year old has thrown all over the house today. He also is enjoying the Jr Mets club mini thunder sticks.

If you can share with pictures love to see the cards.

Don

Crosscheck
09-15-2018, 05:18 PM
If you can share with pictures love to see the cards.

Don

I wish I could. When I try to attach pictures directly to the forum they will not attach and when I try to post pictures through tappatalk they don’t go that way either. Support says the last update should have fixed it but did not. Hopefully the problem will work it’s self out.

doniceage
09-16-2018, 08:15 PM
I wish I could. When I try to attach pictures directly to the forum they will not attach and when I try to post pictures through tappatalk they don’t go that way either. Support says the last update should have fixed it but did not. Hopefully the problem will work it’s self out.

Thanks for addressing that tapatalk issue.

Going to send you a pm with a suggestion.

Don

Crosscheck
09-17-2018, 09:15 PM
I have been trying really hard to get pictures to upload but they will not. hopefully soon I’ll have pictures of everything posted.

today my son got a really nice fanpack from the Philadelphia Flyers. 4- 8 1/2 X 11 pictures mostly from past Winter Classics. A 2018 calendar and a pocket folder.

I got football nice schedules from the Indiana Hoosiers as well as 4 stickers. I’ll send a schedule to coach Allen to get signed. The schedules are not pocket or magnetic but a nice heavy card stock. I have never seen schedules like this before. I guess it’s a schedule card? I believe that was my first Big 10 return and a really nice one at that. I love getting stickers.

also a fan pack from Illinois State. Football, soccer & volleyball posters, magnetic schedule of football and volleyball and 2 stickers. I didn’t get the socks I saw someone on IG get from them which was a bummer since I’m kind of a sock guy but it’s still okay it’s a great fan pack.

thats my second “group of 5” return

scottkoz20
09-18-2018, 06:35 PM
I wish I could. When I try to attach pictures directly to the forum they will not attach and when I try to post pictures through tappatalk they donít go that way either. Support says the last update should have fixed it but did not. Hopefully the problem will work itís self out.

iOS or Android?

Crosscheck
09-18-2018, 07:04 PM
iOS
JumpinJackSplash your PM in box is full

Crosscheck
09-18-2018, 07:06 PM
159741 All of a sudden 1 picture uploads. I love technology

Crosscheck
09-18-2018, 11:34 PM
2 magnetic football schedules from the University of Michigan today.

Crosscheck
09-28-2018, 07:47 PM
A nice fan pack today from the Packers and a Iowa Hawkeyes pocket schedule and poster in the mail today.

i have to go out of town 3-4 days for work next week so I am taking stuff for TTM autographs to pass the time in the motel. I lived in the town I am going to for a couple of years in my late teens and early twenties. I’ve seen and done it all there. Stay tuned for some TTM returns hopefully.

doniceage
09-29-2018, 12:58 PM
A nice fan pack today from the Packers and a Iowa Hawkeyes pocket schedule and poster in the mail today.

i have to go out of town 3-4 days for work next week so I am taking stuff for TTM autographs to pass the time in the motel. I lived in the town I am going to for a couple of years in my late teens and early twenties. I’ve seen and done it all there. Stay tuned for some TTM returns hopefully.

Be safe and a nice picture finally.

Don

yurkken
10-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Hello -

If anyone would be interested in trading for any decals / stickers that they may receive in any fan packs I'd be interested. My primary collecting interest are major league teams (ie no college) decals / stickers and have lots to trade if people are interested. I'm always looking for any new material that teams may issue.

Thanks Ken

Crosscheck
10-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Hello -

If anyone would be interested in trading for any decals / stickers that they may receive in any fan packs I'd be interested. My primary collecting interest are major league teams (ie no college) decals / stickers and have lots to trade if people are interested. I'm always looking for any new material that teams may issue.

Thanks Ken

I would be interested I’ll see exactly what I have when I get home. Do you have college stickers you want to unload since you don’t collect the college ones?

adiddle
10-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Sorry I am jumping on this so late .
Every year I email the Baltimore Orioles for my fan pack as they are my team.
Usually it is about the same.
A Pocket schedule
Photo of The Yard
Team card of a player and also one of The Bird
Orioles stickers
Plus a Camden Yard tour guide

This year I had to make a mailing of a letter requesting my fan pack and they said this is the way to do it each year
I received
A pocket schedule
player card that must have been left over from fan fest
Camden yard brochure
Orioles bird card
They are sending less and want you to mail for a request.
As an Orioles fan after this year it may not be worth it in the future

Crosscheck
10-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Magnet and a pocket schedule from the Buffalo Sabres today

https://www.sportscardforum.com/images/imported/2018/10/1798.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2aGEz3r)

doniceage
10-16-2018, 07:22 AM
You got the pictures figured out.

Don

Crosscheck
10-16-2018, 08:04 AM
Yes sir!

i accidentally found the BBcode4flikr app

works like a charm wish I would have known about it sooner but glad I stumbled across it. Maybe next week sometime I’ll get a chance to go back and take pictures of the stuff I have gotten over the past 2 months. Youth hockey stared lastnight so down time will be minimal but hopefully I can find half an hour to take pictures and post them

doniceage
10-18-2018, 04:49 AM
Yes sir!

i accidentally found the BBcode4flikr app

works like a charm wish I would have known about it sooner but glad I stumbled across it. Maybe next week sometime I’ll get a chance to go back and take pictures of the stuff I have gotten over the past 2 months. Youth hockey stared lastnight so down time will be minimal but hopefully I can find half an hour to take pictures and post them

Better late than never! Look forward to the pics.

Don

succ
11-30-2018, 08:01 PM
Nice successes! I like how you had the idea to request schedules from NCAA teams a while ago.

I recently sent a bunch of requests to colleges using different emails. I sent almost all my requests to the promotions or marketing departments at schools.

I got my first fan pack today from BYU. They sent a big magnet... not a huge success but still pretty cool.
https://www.sportscardforum.com/images/imported/2018/12/1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/gX3xxG6W)

Crosscheck
11-30-2018, 11:11 PM
That’s a pretty good return I’d be happy with a magnet that size