Hardcourt
Bowman
Game Used
Big Game
Sweet Shot
Hot Prospects
Upper Deck
Turkey Red

Which products interest you the most and which ones do you plan on buying? I think Press Pass did well this year; I bought several hobby packs and a mini retail box, all of which have been traded already. They are definitely the easiest way to get rookie autos, although not in the pro unis. Rookie Debut and Ultra are OK sets; I bought a few packs of them. Elevation is an interesting and pretty high end new release. I haven't tried Reflections (seems a pricey gamble), and Ovation just came out today IIRC.

I always like the affordability and collectability of Topps and plan on getting one regular and one jumbo box for my birthday in November (Topps releases early in October). Ovation prices about $60-%70 a box and looks pretty good this year, so I might consider one for Christmas. Bowman is usually solid.

Hardcourt is too high end for me (box prices at least), as are Game Used, Big Game, and Sweet Shot. I think Turkey Red is high end as well; at least it appears that way in other sports (this is the first Turkey basketball set). I usually have a little interest in Upper Deck's regular set; not sure what they will do with Hot Prospects.

halekulani
09-29-2006, 09:37 PM
just topps chrome, finest, and possibly spx. i'm hoping ud doesn't keep releasing bad mid end products like spa was last year.

EDITTED FOR PROFANITY
-please watch your language-
-spoodini

jeremy17
09-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Topps chrome,Upper deck and maybe bowman.

sportsguyryan
09-29-2006, 10:07 PM
just topps chrome, finest, and possibly spx. i'm hoping ud doesn't keep releasing EDIT mid end products like spa was last year.

Watch your language, kids go on this site you know.

Thanks,
sportsguyryan

TheTGB
09-29-2006, 10:10 PM
halekulani, please watch your language.

runepcc03
09-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Out of those releases, Hot Prospects would be what I would most likely get. I hope its like when fleer did it with rookie patches. If they don't have the rookie patches, then I would never get any of it. Turkey Red basketball is an interesting concept...I like the fact that they are bringing some old themed sets to basketball. But it will most likely be identical to the baseball and football releases and the autos and gu usually aren't too great out of it. Its good for set collectors though. Hardcourt usually drops in value...you can get last years boxes for $50 or less now. SPGU is ok for the rookie exclusives autos and the dual autos and patches and it usually seems to have a good amount of Jordan and LeBron in it, but $30 a pack is too much to spend to get a jersey from a player ive never heard of before.

BMetts
09-30-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm planning on picking up a box of Hardcourt when it comes out, mostly for the guaranteed UD Black redemption in each box. Not sure yet if I'll sell it or redeem it, but nonetheless, I'm looking forward to that. Other than that, I'll probably pick up some packs of Topps, Ovation and Sweet Shot (already gotten several packs of Rookie Debut), and that's about it.

teacheric
09-30-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm buying Hardcourt and redeeming that stupid UD Black.

Stay away from Turkey Red...ugly design. I don't think BKB collectors will like the baseball heritage design carryover (unlike 52 Topps).

BASEketball
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Sweet Shot
Turkey Red
Game Used

The Turkey Red would probably have to interest me the most because the baseball product of it looked really cool.

the_future
10-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Bowman Elevation, Upper Deck, and possibly ud hardcourt. i was disappointed on ud hardcourts 05-06 hobby box. i spent 65 dollars on it and i got a cj miles auto and a jamaal magloire gu, and some ok base and rcs and thats it.

halekulani
10-04-2006, 02:55 AM
of the UD products, which one is the best for your buck?
exquisite/ultimate/trilogy/gu/signature are all super pricey...if i had to pick, i'd go with gu or signature...not sure though. then there's reflections/spa/spx/rookie debut....how many rookies do you get in reflections and spx? i know spa you probably get 2 per box. rookie debut or regular UD is probably the best place to get RC's, but they are not sought after and are hard to trade...spa is trash - at least this year's, all base and 2 autos. weak as far as collecting goes. no point in busting boxes when u can just get the singles. any comments on the other UD products?
i do want to collect UD in hopes of getting a kobe or jordan or lebron auto card, but UD seems to falter in the tradability department as well as collectibility. topps consistently produces with collectable products as well as a high fan base for the parallels which are not too difficult to come across and the decent pricing. too bad some autos are exclusive which is why i'm trying to expand my collection to include UD (thinking SPGU/reflections but SPGU is SOOO pricey). what UD would u pick and why?

WilyWestbrook0
10-04-2006, 05:26 PM
I agree that Topps has more collectability, but UD is the one to go to if you want high end autos.

For the expense, I am not sure which UD product is the best. Maybe some high end collectors can chip in with their opinions.