PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, people have way too much $$!!

Insane Irish
10-13-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't get this one at all!!

People.......it's a piece of carboard, no platinum gold jewels!!!

For a little more $$ you can snag a Babe ruth cut auto .......BABE RUTH, but Gerald Green???

man, did I miss the memo on this guy??? I'm a frikan C's fan and realize this gut has potential........but???

04 Exquisite Lebrons go for less, and MJ auto's don't sell for this much.
Hell, dual Lebron/MJ's don't sell that high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-Exquisite-GERALD-GREEN-Auto-Rookie-Patch-d-5_W0QQitemZ190037889703QQihZ009QQcategoryZ648QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

autocut
10-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Gotta love prospectors. That goes for any sport. Hype = Big $$$.

new8403
10-13-2006, 11:45 PM
WOW!!! That's beyond any sort of explination. All I can say, is that I hope the person that spent that much money on it, his dog gets a hold of it and chews it up.

envoy98
10-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, I'll be keeping my eyes out for another one of these bad boys! Holy Crap!

Stang81
10-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah that is REALLY crazy.....:new_all_c

Some guy asked me to make a banner of Gerald Green once and I never even heard of him, but I don't follow Basketball much unless it is the Pistons.

You could also buy a pretty decent used car for that kind of $$.

Must be nice to be able to spend that kind of $$ on cards.....:icon_roll

Thanks
Mike

Just thought of this, is it the regular version of his Rookie?? I mean, are there ONLY 5 of HIS card? Making it more rare, for people who are trying to build the set....that could be the reason.

htwheelz01
10-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah that is stupid is all I can say.

eaglesfan055
10-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Gerald who?? Hahah just kidding...heard of him but didn't know he was that special, and now that I think of it, he probably isn't lol. I understand there trying to invest thinking he is the next big prospect but if you really think about it-what is the chances of that card getting up anymore than it already is up to around the prices of HOFERS and things incomparable to the name Gerald Green. I bet you could get patch autos of All-Stars that have been in the league 3+ years that were probably bought for ridiculous prices and have probably dropped or stayed at the same value. I just think its a bad investment for that much cash and pretty ignorant.

BlackDiam0nd66
10-14-2006, 12:39 AM
I find it a little interesting that of all the auctions this buyer has won (that can be checked anyways) that this is the only sportscard won...most of the rest are clothes :\

Makes me wonder....

Peace~
Rima

Stang81
10-14-2006, 12:49 AM
It isn't his regular rookie. It is his parallel.

Maybe for someone collecting the set, or a major collector of Green maybe it was worth the price.

I wonder if the closing will go smoothly. I sure would be happy if I were the seller though...:biggrin:

spydermat
10-14-2006, 12:51 AM
wow, maybe. well i neverrmind i have no idea on why he payed that much. i really wish he would kick me back a little bit of that cash, lol,ive got to say the coolest thing about green is he committed to Oklahoma state and back out. and that is just awesome to me. sorry for the ramble.

Schnouzer
10-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Actually I saw a Lebron James rookie card that was over 40,000 and there were a few days left in bidding. It was exquisite of course

On Gerald, he's gonna win the dunk contest this year and put the celtics on a national stage. He has so much potential and he is showing signs this preseason, I'm actually not that suprised his rookie is card is selling for that much.

the_future
10-14-2006, 01:06 AM
$5,000 for a Gerald Green RC Auto Patch? OK, Gerald Green does have lots of potential and playing for the Celtics he will get plenty of minutes and chances, but paying 5,000 dollars for a card of a player that isn't even a superstar (let alone an all-star). That is ridiculous. I would never spend that much money on any card!

Stang81
10-14-2006, 01:26 AM
What about all the Alex Gordon Topps rookies that sold for crazy amounts???

That guy could be a huge bust, and its not like his cards are going to be comparable to the Honus Wagner.

I am not saying that the person shouldn't have spent the money on it, because it is their money to spend as they wish. I just know that I personally would have spread the $$ around a bit and purchased quite a few high dollar cards.

It is a sweet card though, maybe sometime this season if he lives up to some of the hype it could sell for double that price.

Thanks
Mike

RenegadeLonghorn
10-14-2006, 01:34 AM
that seems a bit.....insane.

Seablazer
10-14-2006, 01:36 AM
To make matters even more insane, look at the shipping options:
Priority: $58.88
First class: $66 and change...

Good lord, you'd think he was mailing the card to Timbuktu!

thenyrkid
10-14-2006, 09:01 AM
The way I look at it though, if any one of us pulled that sucker and turned it around for $5,000...it'd be great =). Good for the seller, as for the buyer...good luck explaining that to the wife, hehe.

telfair31wright15
10-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Ya got no idea man... since exquisite came out, cards arent just cardboard, they are a new way to make money...

WilyWestbrook0
10-14-2006, 03:12 PM
This is insane, and I have long felt that Exquisite itself is insane. (No offense to above poster - just my general opinion)

Life is so much more than buying outrageously expensive cardboard.

telfair31wright15
10-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Sure its insane, but if you make hundreds of dollars doing it, like me, then its fun and doesnt seem crazy...

autocut
10-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I like people with way too much $$$. They actually spend money on cards instead of trying to hustle you. Wish I could meet more of them.

telfair31wright15
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
And its better to be spending money on cards than drugs/alcohol lol... think of it this way. Some of the older people with more money prefer busting boxes and buying cards than going on vacation...

phatboi
10-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Pretty crazy for a guy who played 2 yrs. of high school ball and zero yrs. of college.

astarep
10-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Well Guys Think About It,the Guy That Has That Kind Of Spending Money Must Be Bored Off His Mind Knowing He Could Get What He Wants,but Us We Know W Get Excited When We Get A Gu Or Auto Or A Rc For Our Pc.this Guy Must Be An Investor Or Something,but We Are Collectors With A Passion To Colleting,latz