PDA

View Full Version : There are still some decent people out there!

mattyj
10-31-2006, 12:42 AM
After a few deals have gone sour lately (both on here and on other sites) and a few people that refuse to trade unless its high end stuff and they wont sell either i was starting to lose interest in card collecting...then a member on here did a great thing for me..teacheric sent me 5 RCs i needed for my rookie card project im doing and was finding it really hard to find, and he sent them to me for free and wouldnt even take any money for postage for them...there should be more people like this, so everyone give a round of applause to him, hes a dead set legend!

Cheers

Mat

TurdFerguson
10-31-2006, 12:58 AM
Way ot go teacheric, it's members like you that help SCF be the best trading site on the net !

teacheric
10-31-2006, 01:55 AM
I just hope that more of us would do the same in that situation. There's just something about helping someone out in completing their sets/collections. Glad to hear you got them safely, Mattyj.

LakersMC
10-31-2006, 04:05 AM
Way to go, guys! I hope what comes around goes around:
- good things for the good guys
- bad things for the bad guys

astarep
10-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah That Is A Hell Of A Thing To Do. I Am Also Losing Interest In Trading Because All These Other Guys Wants Are People Like Lebron,wade,paul,jordan Etc Game Used And Autos. I Can Not Afford To Get Those Types Of Things In Order To Trade Someone For What I Want. They Can Not Be Satiesfied With A Gu Anymore,now They Have To Be Satisfied With A Low Number Gameused. I Think That There Should Be Another Forum Where People Only Trade Base, Rcs And Inserts With Each Other,that Would Be Nice,but In Reality There Would Only Be A Handful Of Us That Would Trade With Each Other. I Had To Give Up Some Good Cards In Order For Me To Get A Couple Of Gameused To Use As Bait So I Can Get A Rookie Card Of A Player I Need.i Think Thats Ridiculous.iam Not Saying That Those People Are Ignorant, But That Is What They Collect And There Is Nothing Wrong With That, But Sometimes People Do Not Have The Stuff To Trade For What They Need For Their Collection, So People Just Give Up On Them. So To Matty J And Teacheric,thanks For Being Great And True Collectors,and Thats What Its All About Guys.

tutall
10-31-2006, 01:04 PM
i agree completely... try collecting AJ Guyton, Jason Collier, and Tug McGraw... impossible to find someone to trade them... usually i will post what i am looking for and i get a reply... i have your 1.00 rookie of AJ guyton... interested in lebron, chris paul, dwayne wade, T-Mac, or Adam Morrison Autos or patches.. ok... i wouldnt trade a dwayne wade patch or auto for a complete player set of any of those guys.... usually people dont even dig for the players you want but "really want to work something out with you"

o well... i will get off my high horse.. awesome job teacheric

astarep
10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Teacheric People Like You Need To Be Nominated For Trader Of The Week Or Month,not People Who Had Alot Of Trades,good Luck To All You Guys And If Interested In Trading Bas For Base Pm Me,latz

the_future
10-31-2006, 08:02 PM
It's always good to here stories like this! BTW, good luck with your rookie collection.

jeremy17
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah That Is A Hell Of A Thing To Do. I Am Also Losing Interest In Trading Because All These Other Guys Wants Are People Like Lebron,wade,paul,jordan Etc Game Used And Autos. I Can Not Afford To Get Those Types Of Things In Order To Trade Someone For What I Want. They Can Not Be Satiesfied With A Gu Anymore,now They Have To Be Satisfied With A Low Number Gameused. I Think That There Should Be Another Forum Where People Only Trade Base, Rcs And Inserts With Each Other,that Would Be Nice,but In Reality There Would Only Be A Handful Of Us That Would Trade With Each Other. I Had To Give Up Some Good Cards In Order For Me To Get A Couple Of Gameused To Use As Bait So I Can Get A Rookie Card Of A Player I Need.i Think Thats Ridiculous.iam Not Saying That Those People Are Ignorant, But That Is What They Collect And There Is Nothing Wrong With That, But Sometimes People Do Not Have The Stuff To Trade For What They Need For Their Collection, So People Just Give Up On Them. So To Matty J And Teacheric,thanks For Being Great And True Collectors,and Thats What Its All About Guys.

I've noticed that not only wade,paul,lebron any m.j are primary card collectors but players from the 04-05 draft are popular too like dwight howard and ben gordon and shaun livingston.Also some others from the 03-04 draft that are popular are bosh and josh howard.

WilyWestbrook0
11-01-2006, 01:01 AM
It's always the latest and greatest in sports that attracts the most attention, so newer rookies and the big stars get the biggest collecting interest.

Anyway, back to the original point - I am glad teacheric helped you - he's a great trader with a variety in his collection. There are actually more lower end collectors on here than on many of the other collecting forums I post to sporadically.

It really is a great feeling to give out free cards that people really need; I basically got my member of the month last year for doing that. I like to send free stuff whenever I can, but lately my family has told me I need to cut down on the stamp usage, lol

teacheric
11-01-2006, 01:44 AM
I want to thank everyone for their comments.

Having gotten back into collecting about 5 years ago (started when I was in second grade and continued through high school then stopped), I've noticed the shift in priorities: #d to game-used to autos to low #d auto jersey RCs, for example. What doesn't change are the set collectors. They're the ones who buy the "unwanted" cards because, simply, they WANT them. We must not forget about them.

Having been on trading boards for almost two years, my experience has been changing into one of ownership: not only being a collector, but a steward of the hobby.

Being a steward of the hobby means helping out collectors by digging into the depths of your boxes and helping them out. Not solely for monetary gain, but for the good feeling of knowing that you helped a fellow collector out.

I know it's difficult to impart with some of the those #d or rookie cards, but there is a need to maintain the big picture of creating hegemony and pacific relationships between collectors. For it is we who support the hobby and make it what it is.

I do not want to take anything away from the other collectors, thus I want you to also commend those who give up autos and/or game-useds - things I CAN'T EVEN give up yet!

I'll be happy to trade with you or help your collection if I can.

So, let's just stop this kudofest and start trading! ;)

Thanks again...

movel23
11-01-2006, 12:17 PM
On a related note, JammingJames has sent me free cards before, I know she collects Walkers and she knows I collect Jordans, since we have traded for so many years I will give up a low #ed card for base just if she needs it, and I know she would do the same, nowadays player collectors only collect GU and AUTOs of that player, that kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it? very few out there like JammingJames and teacheric, but there should be more, keep up the good work guys. (sorry for the "kudofest" teacheric but I had to give props)

MDIZZ
11-01-2006, 10:44 PM
yeah yo propz teac,and i also dont like it that ppl jus want gu and autos or numbered RC of player,i men my best jersey cards go on my wall in a big frame,i mean jersey cards are like super cool,i get happy when i get one in a pack,and most people are just like "whatever" and store it in a box,i mean today i got a reece gains jersey,sure it sucks,but dmanit its a jersey,and my binder is mostly inserts rookies and base,because i dont put my GU in their,and with everyone buying exquisite million dollar stuff,they would prolly use a reece gains jersey card as toilet paper.... sad

astarep
11-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah I Know What You Mean Mdizz, People Want Me To Trade Like 15 Of My Gu,in Which I Gave Up Alot Of Good Rcs For Just To Get The Cards I Want,which Are Not Gu,for Like 2 Or 3 Jsy Of The People I Collect.people Are Ridiculous In Saying Well I Only Get Them And Put Them In A Box For 2 Dollars A Piece? I Mean Come On I Gave Up Alot Of Rcs To Get These Cards So I Can Get Cards I Need For My Pc.people Need To Start Being Collectors Again,it Would Be Nice.

jeremy17
11-02-2006, 04:54 PM
guys you gotta remember some people are on here just to make money.Some people do collect one or 2 players but there really all about the money.Some don't even collect anyone at all and just look for money.Theres a difference between the collectors and the money makers and this site is for both not just for collectors so you gotta realize its not just collectors on the site.And its always good wehn people sell cheap right your buying good cards for super low prices if there wasnt and buyers/sellers the site would be strictly just for trading and it would'nt be as fun.Recently i just bought a gu lot for very cheap and im really happy about it.If the guy was tradinjg i would'nt have enough in trade for them and would'nt be able to get them.

astarep
11-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah I Know, But It Would Be Nice If They Can Help Out And Not Try To Ripp You Off With All Your Cards,but Yeah You Are Right Jeremy.

jeremy17
11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
yeh some times they do make unfair offers for some of your cards but thats when you have to step in and say no way.I've seen it happen and all you have to do is tell them dude their your cards and you decide the value you want to sell it for.Thats why i always give a price of the card im loooking to sell then if the say no thts fine if the say yes thats fine.I also do bargain with them too if my their looking to buy a bit lower than my price.

astarep
11-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah I Know Ive Done It Before When People Try To Hustle Me For 15 Gu Cards For Only 2 Or Three Because His Cards Sell And Mine Dont. Well If His Sells, Why Does He Still Have Them?